Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683930 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#519825 Mar 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Are you saying long before the story of Jesus dying for our sins, had lived other saviors who also died for our sins? Other saviors who also promised eternal salvation? Do Christians know this!
....Oh No!
Christians don't want to read such history, as it threatens to remove the idea from their brains that they are special to the supposed creator.

Pathetic!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519826 Mar 8, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we know this. We know it to be full of crap too. We also know ideologues like you and June will eat it up.
It's from a ridiculous book by some dude. There is no credible evidence.
June, like you, will embrace anything that isn't true, then mock us for supposedly doing the same with our belief in God! How ironic.
www.philaz.com/apologetics/JesusEvidenceCruci...
I most certainly don't believe that if I become a Catholic that a Jew that lives in spirit form will reward me for my divine choice of religion and take me to a Christian heaven after I croak.

That is the stuff of idiocy.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519827 Mar 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,what would you do with all those pennies? Remember, in Canada they are no longer minted.
Good point. I can no longed receive pennies from heaven, because "god" knows they are useless in Canada. They'll have to change that song to "nickels from heaven."

:)

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#519828 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians don't want to read such history, as it threatens to remove the idea from their brains that they are special to the supposed creator.
Pathetic!
June

Peace

Are you sure?

I think there are insulated people, and being exposed to such an idea as "other religious saviors" might shake their own concepts, but that does not necessarily mean that each person is not special to the Creator, and that these people feel "threatened" by the idea.

And it does not mean that Christians do not want to read such "history"....

Peace
marge

Leesburg, GA

#519829 Mar 8, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
No your interpretations of the Bible are wrong.
-Your approach to the Bible is new and strange. Your interpretations are newer and stranger.
20But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, 21for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
Michael

Canada

#519830 Mar 8, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we know this. We know it to be full of crap too. We also know ideologues like you and June will eat it up.
June, like you, will embrace anything that isn't true, then mock us for supposedly doing the same with our belief in God! How ironic.
...I don't remember posting to you. I can post whatever I want and if you don't like it, that makes me happy.

...People 3500 years ago worshipped what they called gods. Gods with supernatural powers.. More than likely many of your back in the day relatives probably worshiped them.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519831 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic!
Hate monger!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519832 Mar 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
Men in all religions claimed that a HOLY Spirit moved them to speak.

Yet the same men accused the devil of speaking through those in other religions.

Even Martin Luther and pope Leo Xth accused each other of being lead by the devil, as they used the same bible to claim they were moved by the HOLY Spirit.

AHHHH ... the games people play!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519833 Mar 8, 2014
liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It follows that you believe anything that suggests Catholics are not special to "God" would offend you.

But whether a creator exists to be offended as you are offended is another matter entirely.

I suggest that even if the Abrahamic God existed, he would still favor the Jews as his chosen few. After all, it was the monotheistic Jews that FIRST created Elohim out of myth.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519834 Mar 8, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are incorrect.
First, Peter was NEVER in Rome. Paul was in Rome of this there is no doubt.
Second, Peter and Paul were Jews and Luke was a gentile. Not one of these men was ROMAN CATHOLIC.
Third, the small "c" catholic/universal church did not have it's roots in Rome. Try reading the book of Acts if you own a Bible.
cly/clay/claypool/liam said, quote, "That Catholic Mass you went to yesterday would have made more sense. btw, I would have loved to see you squirming in your seat as the Priest held up the bread and repeated the words of Jesus: "This is my Body"" End quote.
Actually I wish you could have seen the priest squirm when I confronted him with the lie called transubstantiation. It was so funny I nearly lost my breath I laughed so hard. Several Romans were near by and laughed with me. LOL LOL LOL
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there ya have it folks. The testament of a "true Christian deacon" of protestant evangelical fundamentalism. Hate, resentment and ignorance consume you. I wonder if sometimes you don't wake up in a sweat at night screaming in terror because you have a deep-seated fear that the Catholic Church is right.
Actually, it is Biblical impossibility for the Roman Catholic church to be right. If the Bible is the word of God, and it is, and if the Roman Catholic church teaches beliefs contrary to the Bible, and it does, there is no possible way the Roman Catholic church is right.

You use the words hate, resent and ignorance as if they apply to me. I hate no one. I resent no one. I cannot cure ignorance for those whose mind is closed to the truth.

Thank you AnthonyMN.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519835 Mar 8, 2014
National Geographic … February 2014

Secrets of the brain

Scientists are learning so much about the brain now that it’s easy to forget that for much of history we had no idea at all how it worked or even what it was. In the ancient world physicians believed that the brain was made of phlegm. Aristotle looked on it as a refrigerator, cooling off the fiery heart. From his time through the Renaissance, anatomists declared with great authority that our perceptions, emotions, reasoning, and actions were all the result of “animal spirits”—mysterious, unknowable vapors that swirled through cavities in our head and traveled through our bodies.

The scientific revolution in the 17th century began to change that. The British physician Thomas Willis recognized that the custardlike tissue of the brain was where our mental world existed.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519836 Mar 8, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot cure ignorance for those whose mind is closed to the truth.
How funny!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#519837 Mar 8, 2014
This forum is now controlled by motor mouth,,,, VanDerMark ...she sets upon every post like the vulture she is.... consumes every post and regurgitates it..

You should re name this forum

" BUZZARD'S ROOST."
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519838 Mar 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
After all, it was the monotheistic Jews that FIRST created Elohim out of myth.
It was NOT the monotheistic Jews that created Elohim. It was the polytheistic Jews that created Elohim and Yahweh and Jehovah and ADONAI as their gods.

The Monotheist Jews simply created the one-god myth, and that is why there is so much confusion to this day about which one is "his" Jewish TITLE.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519839 Mar 8, 2014
I suggest the term "stand in names" is a leftover from polytheism that the modern monotheistic Jews don't want to acknowledge.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The custom of substituting the word "God" with G-d in English is based on the traditional practice in Jewish law of giving God's Hebrew name a high degree of respect and reverence. When written or printed, God's Hebrew name (and many of the stand in names used to refer to God) cannot be erased or destroyed.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/W...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519840 Mar 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
This forum is now controlled by motor mouth,,,, VanDerMark ...she sets upon every post like the vulture she is.... consumes every post and regurgitates it..
You should re name this forum
" BUZZARD'S ROOST."
What happened to you posting your favorite scriptures out of the KJV buy-bull that Elohim called on you to publish as {{{truth?}}}

You were once a master at that bullshit game.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519841 Mar 8, 2014
Polytheism is clear in Judaism, if people want to see.

The Jews once worshipped multiple gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The alternative polytheist theory would seem to explain why there are three words built on the same stem: El, Elohim, and eloah. El, the father god, has many divine sons, who are known by the plural of his name, Elohim, or Els. Eloah, might then be used to differentiate each of the lesser gods from El himself.

http://jewishatheist.blogspot.ca/2008/05/repo ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#519842 Mar 8, 2014
The oldest books of the Hebrew Bible, written in the 8th century BCE reflect this competition, as in the books of Hosea and Nahum, whose authors lament the "apostasy" of the people of Israel, threatening them with the wrath of God if they do not give up their polytheistic cults.

The monotheist faction seems to have gained considerable influence during the 8th century BCE, and by the 7th century BCE, based on the testimony of the Deuteronomistic source, monotheistic worship of Yahweh seems to have become official, reflected in the removal of the image of Asherah from the temple in Jerusalem under Hezekiah (r. 715–686 BCE) so that monotheistic worship of the god of Israel can be argued to have originated during his rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai ...
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519843 Mar 8, 2014
Are you for sure insurance policy is God or Godly people who work for them.?
nooooooooooooooooo

Even when they speak on good manner, no.
truth

Leeming, Australia

#519844 Mar 8, 2014
interest for gain more and more and more..

That's all destroyers in line of many destroyers as you think godly nothing else then peace of papers or small document which nothing grantee until when they destroy you if you going asked anything from them,
You and your property become belonging for that sort of organizations.
They used you and your name.

They selling you and your name as customer under name or brand of them.

They earning much more then you really think!
They are users of law too and thief's of many people rights.

If not as I say then found out what they doing trough court process every day or as agreement trough process of many lawyers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 22 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web