Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670661 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519543 Mar 7, 2014
Because of all the suffering that occurs on earth, theologians had to find a way to fit the negative into their theologies.

So they ended up stating that the gods created evil.

And then they were stupid enough to state that the gods love the humans that they chose to create ... knowing ahead of time that the humans were bound to a state of perpetual suffering.

Religion is ludicrous.

I suggest that there is no mystery to suffering. It occurs all through the animal kingdom and humans are mortal animals as are all other animals.

Suffering is nasty, but I suggest it is not a curse or a blessing from a creator, as that is the stuff of ancient folklore.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519544 Mar 7, 2014
I've never gone to bed hungry a day in my life. I had loving parents that did everything they could to make my life as comfortable as possible.

But I don't believe that had anything to do with being blessed by a god.

I was simply more fortunate than most people on earth who died of starvation related diseases with no one to care.

Religion makes people even more arrogant than normal ... and THAT is going some, as humans are without question the most arrogant beasts on earth.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519545 Mar 7, 2014
I suggest that one day, as did the dinosaurs, humans will become extinct, and other animals will keep on reproducing, which has always been nature's design.

We can certainly entertain the thoughts that we are special, but I suggest that if we are fair ... we should not believe that we "are" special.

Just maybe the universe always existed and never was created.

Because of our inability to know answers, it's anybody' guess. And guesses are based on opinion ... nothing more.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519546 Mar 7, 2014
When scientists don't agree if the universe was created, or started with the big bang, or if it always existed ... and they study these issues continually ... we would have to be very arrogant to believe that we can come up with the absolute answer.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that we don't know the answer. I suggest that is the bottom line concerning being honest with our selves.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#519547 Mar 7, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity you don't have some intelligence to address this post...
Forgive me.

Ramen
Michael

Canada

#519548 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything's "pagan pagan pagan" to you fanatics. Meanwhile you wear a wedding ring? oops
Lent became more regularized after the legalization of Christianity. Christians weren't being fed to the lions for fasting anymore, so they did it more openly. The council of Nicea in 325 AD addressed the issue.
But here is why you are an ignorant fanatic: Fasting in preparation for Easter is recorded much earlier than Rome's legalization of Christianity. 125 yrs before this, Irenaeus wrote the Bishop of Rome about the differences in fasting between the east and west during lent:
"The dispute is not only about the day but the actual character of the fast. Some think they ought to fast for one day, some two days, others for still more. Some make their day last 40 hours on end. Such variations on the observance did not originate in our own day, but very much earlier...in the time of our forefathers"
Irenaeus 130 AD -202 AD, Bishop of Lyons (France)
www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/r...
Here Irenaeus makes it known that fasting in preparation for Easter came from the generation before him. Normally this would raise the fundie's eyebrow, because the generation before him heard the Apostles speak. But we all know how truth bounces right off your foreheads..
.......If you are not happy here why not go to another catholic forum where everyone agrees with each other.

......Seriously, everyday you, Anthony, ReGINA.M., Dust Storm, Hojo beat yourselves up worrying over what someone said.

....move on!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519549 Mar 7, 2014
Right now Stephen Hawking is admired by many as one of the most knowledgeable scientists ... but I suggest that a short time from now, other theories will make Stephen appear as ignorant.

Not long ago, this Pasteur was thought of as being "brilliant."

Today, the parasites are perceived by many medical scientists as winning the battle.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

“It is in the power of man to make parasitic maladies disappear from the face of the globe!” So promised Pasteur, palsied but famous after his fight with the sickness of silkworms. He promised that, you remember, with a kind of enthusiastic vehemence, making folks think they might be rid of plagues by a year next at latest. Men began to hope and wait.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#519550 Mar 7, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Yes, they're our wayward, rebellious children. I sure with they'd learn to appreciate our tough love
Thank you for accepting responsibility.

Good point about the tough love among Xians here. A little too kinky for me.

My one true God doesn't care if we love each other or not, just treat each other with respect.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#519551 Mar 7, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I want to attract her to a dead first century Jew?
Oops, I mistook you for one of these wacky xians.

My God is the only true God anyhow.

Ramen
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#519552 Mar 7, 2014
Report: Vatican Presses for Control of Mount Zion
Thursday, February 20, 2014 | Israel Today Staff

Israel could be entering the final stages of negotiations to turn over control of Mount Zion to the Vatican, if recent reports by Israel National News are to be believed.

According to the online news source, a secretive meeting took place this week between the Jerusalem Municipality, Prime Minister's Office, Ministry of Tourism and senior Catholic officials.

During the meeting, the Catholic delegation reportedly pressed Israel to follow through on a years-old proposal to give the Church control over the compound that houses the traditional "Hall of the Last Supper."

The problem is that the same compound also houses the traditional "Tomb of David," a holy site revered and frequented by religious Jews. Not to mention that Mount Zion is symbolic of Jerusalem as a whole, and surrendering it to the Vatican would be seen by many Israelis as a repudiation of Judaism's claim to the city.

In response to reports regarding the negotiations, the Jerusalem Municipality released a statement insisting that it would remain "the central sovereign power on Mount Zion."

Others are not so sure, and believe Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu intends to turn over control of Mount Zion prior to Pope Francis' visit to the Holy Land in May.

Want more news from Israel?
Michael

Canada

#519553 Mar 7, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not defending anything Mike. You asked where the Vatican spokesman was, we gave it to you. You're kind of a sore loser aren't you?
...You complain what Obama says, you complain, what Nancy Pelosi says, you complain about Vice president Bidens statements, all information you get from the media, but in reality what all the media says is not what they mean, the media has it all wrong according to you....just like the pope, when you claim the media doesn't get it right.

.......or is it just the pope and other Catholic officials that are misunderstood by the media?.. lol!.

Unbelievable!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519554 Mar 7, 2014
To make promises about the future is to assume that one is capable of forecasting with clarity and precision.

I suggest that such presumption is based on flatulence.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519555 Mar 7, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Report: Vatican Presses for Control of Mount Zion
Thursday, February 20, 2014 | Israel Today Staff
Israel could be entering the final stages of negotiations to turn over control of Mount Zion to the Vatican, if recent reports by Israel National News are to be believed.
According to the online news source, a secretive meeting took place this week between the Jerusalem Municipality, Prime Minister's Office, Ministry of Tourism and senior Catholic officials.
During the meeting, the Catholic delegation reportedly pressed Israel to follow through on a years-old proposal to give the Church control over the compound that houses the traditional "Hall of the Last Supper."
The problem is that the same compound also houses the traditional "Tomb of David," a holy site revered and frequented by religious Jews. Not to mention that Mount Zion is symbolic of Jerusalem as a whole, and surrendering it to the Vatican would be seen by many Israelis as a repudiation of Judaism's claim to the city.
In response to reports regarding the negotiations, the Jerusalem Municipality released a statement insisting that it would remain "the central sovereign power on Mount Zion."
Others are not so sure, and believe Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu intends to turn over control of Mount Zion prior to Pope Francis' visit to the Holy Land in May.
Want more news from Israel?
More wars have been instigated over the supposed HOLY land of Jerusalem than anywhere on earth.

To place a title of holy on anything, makes the people go insane with wanting to own the holiness.

The bible is proof negative of such insanity. "If I get a hold of that book, it will teach me how to be holy."

"If I get a hold of that land called Jerusalem ... I will have holiness in my CENTER."

Blatant stupidity.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519556 Mar 7, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...You complain what Obama says, you complain, what Nancy Pelosi says, you complain about Vice president Bidens statements, all information you get from the media, but in reality what all the media says is not what they mean, the media has it all wrong according to you....just like the pope, when you claim the media doesn't get it right.
.......or is it just the pope and other Catholic officials that are misunderstood by the media?.. lol!.
Unbelievable!
It's comparable to those who criticize Wikipedia as giving false information ... and then when they find something on Wikipedia that agrees with them, they post it as fact.

Humans are ever entertaining ... even though we are dumb as bags of hammers.

:)
Liam

Denver, CO

#519557 Mar 7, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......If you are not happy here why not go to another catholic forum where everyone agrees with each other.
......Seriously, everyday you, Anthony, ReGINA.M., Dust Storm, Hojo beat yourselves up worrying over what someone said.
....move on!
I dont think we get as worked up as you would like to believe...i know thats your only goal, to antagonize Catholics. A successful day to you is getting one of us to snap. Then you can smirk about your achievements. That's what losers do.
You and guest spread rumors about my family. Nicey nice only lasts so long when dealing with your kind.
Michael

Canada

#519558 Mar 7, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Judy just stopped in to see how this thread was making out.
It really needs a name change to the JVanderMark 24/7 365 rant Session
75+ posts in some 15 hours you are uping your avearage to some 5 posts an hour and still no one believes a word you post best get it up to some 10 posts an hour and confirm you are a lunatic. LOL
Really if after all your nnonsensical posting with no fruit to show, surely even you are smart enough to see you have a problem or is because you are not a you but a coven as suspected and you is yous,
most likely YOUssss and we all know where there's smoke........
...,Whether you Like June or not she gets more responses than most posters on this forum, and you know you don't have to read her posts, but Its obvious you do.

....If you like a forum where everyone agrees with each other, holding hands crying, singing Koom-By-ya I suggest you move on.

Its obvious you were indoctrinated from the cradle with a different view than June was.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#519559 Mar 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> The reason I asked OldJG if he/she observed EASTER is because she is letting the Catholics have it with both barrels for observing a pagan day like LENT,yet she seems to be painfuly unaware that EASTER ahs quite a few pagan observances to it as well such as EASTER RABBITS AND EASTER EGGS which were adopted from the PAGAN FERTILITY RITES.
So though I agree that LENT is a pagan observance,so is the observance of Easter. Therefore remove the mote from your own eyes before you try to remove it from the eyes of Catholics.
The PASSOVER is what Christains should be observing given that CHRIST BECAME OUR PASSOVER and the date it should be observed is already set by God as to how to set the correct date for the observance of the PASSOVER DAY. I guarantee you not one so called Christian here can show me in scripture how and where in the Bible God directed Israel on how to set the dat for the observance of the Passover.
The Word of God is silent regarding any YEARLY observance of Christ's resurrection.

God and Jesus evidently did not deem it necessary for the church.

Any YEARLY observance is based upon human tradition and not found in the Word of God.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519560 Mar 7, 2014
Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

But where did these outlandish little inhabitants of the rainwater come from? Had they come down from the sky? Had they crawled invisibly over the side of the pot from the ground? Or had they been created out of nothing by a God full of whims? Leeuwenhoek believed in God as piously as any Seventeenth Century Dutchman. He always referred to God as the Maker of the Great All. He not only believed in God but he admired him intensely—what a Being to know how to fashion bees’ wings so prettily! But then Leeuwenhoek was a materialist too. His good sense told him that life comes from life. His simple belief told him that God had invented all living things in six days, and having set the machinery going, sat back to reward good observers and punish guessers and bluffers. He stopped speculating about improbable gentle rains of animals from heaven. Certainly God couldn’t brew those animals in the rain water pot out of nothing! But wait … Maybe! Well, there was only one way to find out where they came from.“I will experiment!” He muttered.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519561 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think we get as worked up as you would like to believe...i know thats your only goal, to antagonize Catholics.
Come ON. You can't be honest with others when you keep being dishonest with your self.

You are also here to antagonize those who don't agree with you.

We are all here as antagonizers to others.
Michael

Canada

#519562 Mar 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comparable to those who criticize Wikipedia as giving false information ... and then when they find something on Wikipedia that agrees with them, they post it as fact.
Humans are ever entertaining ... even though we are dumb as bags of hammers.
:)
....Its only true when they want it t be true.

...they tend to measure peoples whole worth, usually based on the peoples view on birth control and abortion.

..... If the people are against abortion/birth control catholics love them. If the people accept birthcontrol/abortion they hate them no matter what else those people stand for.

.....I like everyone and I might disagree with someone's views but I don't gauge someone entirely on their religious convictions. That is why our world is full of division. Strong Religious views often create hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,420
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web