Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#519524 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Even after we explained it a hundred times to you, you still sat there like the devout ignorant bigot you are.
That's why this thread is insane. This is not a debate about theology, its a clash between Catholics and incredibly ignorant ideologues. Look at you in your post above: Leviticus 17:11 "for the life of the flesh is the blood". That was used by you to apparently trash the fact that Catholics don't always receive the precious wine?
The reason why you weren't offered the Eucharist is because you don't believe the same things as the Apostles.
. Read 1corinthians 11: 17-34, especially "for anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgement upon themselves . That is why many of you are weak and ill and some have died"
The Priest was looking out for the health of the non-Catholics in attendance.
Fyi.... if I died, and on the day of my funeral my friend or family member got online to ridicule my faith, I would be disgusted. Of course, your warped mind thinks he's in hell anyway..
cly/liam said, quote, "Even after we explained it a hundred times to you, you still sat there like the devout ignorant bigot you are." End quote.

Who is the "we" you are referring to? Is it you and your pathetic pope?

cly/liam said, quote, " Look at you in your post above: Leviticus 17:11 "for the life of the flesh is the blood". That was used by you to apparently trash the fact that Catholics don't always receive the precious wine?" End quote.

When the apostles were first introduced to the "Lord's Supper" the Bible tells us Jesus took the bread and then Jesus took the cup. Where can I find in Scripture a time when Jesus on anyone else celebrated the "Lord's Supper" with BREAD ONLY? Plus it is always done in REMEMBRANCE of Jesus.

But let's see what Jesus said about the "CUP".

Matthew 26:26-29, 26 "Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said,“Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying,“Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

Luke 22:19-20, 19 "And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying,“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in REMEMBRANCE of me.” 20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying,“This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."

What did the apostle Paul have to say about the "Lord's Supper"?

I Corinthians 11:23-32, 23 "For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said,“This is my body which is for you. Do this in REMEMBRANCE of me.” 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in REMEMBRANCE of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 27 Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. 28 LET A PERSON EXAMINE HIMSELF, THEN, AND SO EAT OF THE BREAD AND DRINK OF THE CUP. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. 31 But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world."

Every human being dies. Apparently we all have eaten and drank the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner. JUST SAYIN'
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519525 Mar 7, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Judy just stopped in to see how this thread was making out.
It really needs a name change to the JVanderMark 24/7 365 rant Session
75+ posts in some 15 hours you are uping your avearage to some 5 posts an hour and still no one believes a word you post best get it up to some 10 posts an hour and confirm you are a lunatic. LOL
Really if after all your nnonsensical posting with no fruit to show, surely even you are smart enough to see you have a problem or is because you are not a you but a coven as suspected and you is yous,
most likely YOUssss and we all know where there's smoke........
Are you siding with the Muslims yet in the idea that the one god loves them and will disinherit YOU.

"NO" you say??? I didn't think so! Your religion is all about saving your ass to eternal bliss and to hell with others.

It's the age-old story of religion.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519526 Mar 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Dear Lord God. Have I told you lately that I love you?
You're just praying that your imaginary god will love you and not those other nasty Muslims and Jews and Hindus, et cetera.

You hope that "he" has good taste.

What a joke you play on your greedy fear-filled self!
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519527 Mar 7, 2014
sweetromance2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't Catholics be considered to be among the gentiles?
Yes!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

gen·tile

/&#712;jent&#299;l/

adjective

adjective: Gentile

not Jewish.
"Christianity spread from Jewish into Gentile cultures"

•(of a person) not belonging to one's own religious community.
adjective: gentile

•(in the Mormon church) non-Mormon.

Anthropology
of, relating to, or indicating a nation or clan, esp. a gens.

noun

noun: Gentile; plural noun: Gentiles

a person who is not Jewish.

https://www.google.ca/#q=gentile+definition
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519528 Mar 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Question for you please. Do you observe EASTER?
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Astology. The pseudo-science of the ancient and mediaeval world, concerned with DIVINATION, etc., based on the stars and heavenly bodies. Natural Astrology dealt with the movements and phenomena of heavenly bodies, time, tides, eclipses, the fixing of Easter, etc., and was the forerunner of the science of astronomy.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519529 Mar 7, 2014
truth wrote:
yes
God alone is loving and Merciful.
God know who is victim.
If the supposed all-powerful god was "loving" ... there would BE no victims.
Heytyu

Pittsburgh, PA

#519531 Mar 7, 2014

Religon is the stupid community always fighting over dead people who they worship...why?
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519533 Mar 7, 2014
truth wrote:
You can't hide nothing to God!
If a creator exists, it should be hiding its head in shame and begging forgiveness to every animal that must suffer because of the ridiculous creator's cruel mentality.

Religion is bunk.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519534 Mar 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> The reason I asked OldJG if he/she observed EASTER is because she is letting the Catholics have it with both barrels for observing a pagan day like LENT,yet she seems to be painfuly unaware that EASTER ahs quite a few pagan observances to it as well such as EASTER RABBITS AND EASTER EGGS which were adopted from the PAGAN FERTILITY RITES.
So though I agree that LENT is a pagan observance,so is the observance of Easter. Therefore remove the mote from your own eyes before you try to remove it from the eyes of Catholics.
The PASSOVER is what Christains should be observing given that CHRIST BECAME OUR PASSOVER and the date it should be observed is already set by God as to how to set the correct date for the observance of the PASSOVER DAY. I guarantee you not one so called Christian here can show me in scripture how and where in the Bible God directed Israel on how to set the dat for the observance of the Passover.
Christians stole literature from other religions to create their own religion.

Bunkology
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519535 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder about people like you. How do you function with such blatant disregard for truth?
Do you get all fuzzy and warm when you focus on your church father John Chrysostom's version of truth???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Although such beasts are unfit for work, they are fit for killing. And this is what happened to the Jews: while they were making themselves unfit for work, they grew fit for slaughter. This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".

John Chrysostom
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519536 Mar 7, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.
14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 <<<After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.>>>
18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
At the coming (parousia) of the Lord, the righteous, whether they were dead or alive, will be with the Lord forever.
This is eternal reward, not a 7-year rapture.
parousia....
the future visible return from heaven of Jesus, to raise the dead, hold the last judgment, and set up formally and gloriously the kingdom of God
The only reason you post scriptures is because you want to make it very plain to others that the supposed creator agrees with whatever you believe.

Muslims also have scriptures written by men.

Scriptures proves one issue ... and that is, that men wrote all scriptures in all religions.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#519537 Mar 7, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
cly/liam said, quote, "Even after we explained it a hundred times to you, you still sat there like the devout ignorant bigot you are." End quote.
Who is the "we" you are referring to? Is it you and your pathetic pope?
cly/liam said, quote, " Look at you in your post above: Leviticus 17:11 "for the life of the flesh is the blood". That was used by you to apparently trash the fact that Catholics don't always receive the precious wine?" End quote.
When the apostles were first introduced to the "Lord's Supper" the Bible tells us Jesus took the bread and then Jesus took the cup. Where can I find in Scripture a time when Jesus on anyone else celebrated the "Lord's Supper" with BREAD ONLY? Plus it is always done in REMEMBRANCE of Jesus.
But let's see what Jesus said about the "CUP".
Matthew 26:26-29, 26 "Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said,“Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying,“Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."
Luke 22:19-20, 19 "And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying,“This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in REMEMBRANCE of me.” 20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying,“This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."
What did the apostle Paul have to say about the "Lord's Supper"?
I Corinthians 11:23-32, 23 "For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said,“This is my body which is for you. Do this in REMEMBRANCE of me.” 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in REMEMBRANCE of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 27 Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord. 28 LET A PERSON EXAMINE HIMSELF, THEN, AND SO EAT OF THE BREAD AND DRINK OF THE CUP. 29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died. 31 But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world."
Every human being dies. Apparently we all have eaten and drank the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner. JUST SAYIN'
So in a nut shell, you're reading our scriptures and determining that we only receive half of the Lord by not always consuming the wine?
you're also arguing from the position that the Catholic belief is valid, then you're tearing it apart by using our scriptures against us? That's called "playing the devils advocate" PUN INTENDED. Just sayin.

Also.... you forgot Luke 24: 30 No wine was present, just bread.

Luke 24: 35. "They told how the Lord was revealed to them in the breaking of the bread"
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519538 Mar 7, 2014
Heytyu wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =olXttvMmtWoXX
Religon is the stupid community always fighting over dead people who they worship...why?
They hope that the dead ones are still alive and will help them now and in the hereafter.

Patron saint of this and that and the other thing ... blah, blah, blah.

Now the Catholic hierarchy has Xed about forty saints off their list, claiming that they probably weren't real people to begin with.

Theologians had to write about something or they would have been without a job and been starving as were so many of the people that supported them with their hard-earned money.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519539 Mar 7, 2014
Humans with their own motives change the meanings of words. Observe the most ancient supposed meaning of the word "gentile."

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Goy

In the Tanakh (Hebrew: &#1514;&#1463;&#14 68;&#1504;&#1463; "&#1498;&#1456; , Hebrew Bible) is often appeal to the Jewish people, as the Gentiles (goyim) for regular violation of Testaments. Respectively - this can be considered the most ancient interpretation of the word "Goy" - not the one who "non-Jew", as is commonly believed today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goy
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519540 Mar 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So in a nut shell, you're reading our scriptures and determining that we only receive half of the Lord by not always consuming the wine?
you're also arguing from the position that the Catholic belief is valid, then you're tearing it apart by using our scriptures against us? That's called "playing the devils advocate" PUN INTENDED. Just sayin.
Also.... you forgot Luke 24: 30 No wine was present, just bread.
Luke 24: 35. "They told how the Lord was revealed to them in the breaking of the bread"
You forgot to post the following scripture about Jehovah still creating evil.

Why do suppose the Catholic church fathers changed the word ADONAI to Lord??? Could it be because they wanted followers to believe that the word Lord meant their newly designed Christian God ... NOT the Jewish God ADONAI???

My guess is, as have all other Catholics ... you will ignore this post.

But it's there for those who want to see the deception.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 RHE
Douay-Rheims

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519541 Mar 7, 2014
The Jews that started the one-god dogma that branched off of polytheism had to deal with multiple names of gods.

I suggest that is why one scripture mentions Jehovah as being the creator and another scripture mentions ADONAI as being the creator ... and yet another scripture mentions Yahweh as being the creator.

The polytheist Jews had many titles for their varying imaginary gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot

2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_ ...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519542 Mar 7, 2014
Note how the words indicate that Yahweh is at the present time still creating evil.
>>>>>>> >>>>

Isaiah 45:7 WEB
World English Bible

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519543 Mar 7, 2014
Because of all the suffering that occurs on earth, theologians had to find a way to fit the negative into their theologies.

So they ended up stating that the gods created evil.

And then they were stupid enough to state that the gods love the humans that they chose to create ... knowing ahead of time that the humans were bound to a state of perpetual suffering.

Religion is ludicrous.

I suggest that there is no mystery to suffering. It occurs all through the animal kingdom and humans are mortal animals as are all other animals.

Suffering is nasty, but I suggest it is not a curse or a blessing from a creator, as that is the stuff of ancient folklore.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519544 Mar 7, 2014
I've never gone to bed hungry a day in my life. I had loving parents that did everything they could to make my life as comfortable as possible.

But I don't believe that had anything to do with being blessed by a god.

I was simply more fortunate than most people on earth who died of starvation related diseases with no one to care.

Religion makes people even more arrogant than normal ... and THAT is going some, as humans are without question the most arrogant beasts on earth.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#519545 Mar 7, 2014
I suggest that one day, as did the dinosaurs, humans will become extinct, and other animals will keep on reproducing, which has always been nature's design.

We can certainly entertain the thoughts that we are special, but I suggest that if we are fair ... we should not believe that we "are" special.

Just maybe the universe always existed and never was created.

Because of our inability to know answers, it's anybody' guess. And guesses are based on opinion ... nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web