Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591329 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#518984 Mar 4, 2014
marge wrote:
"Many of the conflicts "
means more than one.
Anthony not feeling well?
marge, you can play all the games you want. The local Catholic priests, bishops and the Catholic Church would not and does not have anything to do with these groups of so-called Catholics who are "persecuting" evangelicals in Mexico. That is a fact. I understand you feel it necessary to defend Kay for her misguided and misinformed posts, but all it does is make you and her look petty and vindictive. In my opinion, "born agains" wouldn't be bearing false witness as you two have been doing.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#518985 Mar 4, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It's difficult at times for me to comprehend how people like those in here function in life with such blindness. It really is. IYes, as you know I gave information from a very anti-catholic blog which basically blasted those like Kay and Marge which you repeated and clearly stated they are not part of the church. It has been stated and its writen in most of the articles stated what the Bishop said and others know. Well of course far be it for a Catholic to point that out. We are liars. The Anti-Catholic is a liar too. It's mind boggling how they cannot see their absolutely total hateful bigotry with no remorese. Further I have never seen any Protestant ever retract or apologize for the many many many times they were shown their error. I can only surmise they have no conscience, are idiots or both. And I really dont care if it makes them angry for saying so. It is beyond deniable for most of them at this point.
I'm not sure what their motives are. How can people who claim to be "spirit filled born agains" behave in in such deceitful and shameless ways?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518986 Mar 4, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A) You are an idiot. It is an accurate description which you have earned over and over again. It is not name calling to state a fact.
B) I have never called anyone a born again whacko so yet again you prove yourself an idiot by attributing words to me I did not say. You do have a propensity to lump whatever people say and attribute them to the wrong people. It is your genius.
It is good you are not saying no one else is guilty. Ok...Many protestants have said idiots, pagans, liars, fools, morons. Your church is an abortion to the truth. You are not Christians, Constantiists. Pope Bendicts Boyfriend? lol All priests are pedophiles, I bet when you were an altar boy you got excited when your priest Ben Dover came in. Your church has way more pedophiles than anyone else. All your priests are gay. Filthy drunks, wine bibbers, We dont have any abusers. We never covered anything up. Your worhsip Mary and the Pope. You dont know any scripture, You are not born again. You murderers, Inqiusition, Crusades, This one time at bandcamp. Some nun taught me. You changed blah blah. You are ignorant of the faith, your responses rarely deal with the answer or topic you pose and then you get snarky and sarcastic because you are too dumb to carry on an intelligent, logic or cohesive argument. So you can pretty much stuff your feel good crap and self righteousness with answers that have zero intelligence attached. Thanks!
She must be referring to BM/FM/GRD, he's the only one who called them born-again whackos, and frankly that's pretty mild compared to what we've been called over the years so I'm not sure what she's complaining about:

Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Feb 14

Well....Charles' victory was only momentary. Soon after, the Catholic army marched into the desert under the Catholic banner and were slaughtered like baby seals -- opening the door for the expansion of Islam.

Today, your god has created more Muslims than Catholics.

So what did the Holy Roman Empire do since its quasi-founding by Charley?

Answer: create Muslims, heretic Orthodox, and Born-Again wackos!!!!

Thanks for nothing.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#518987 Mar 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what their motives are. How can people who claim to be "spirit filled born agains" behave in in such deceitful and shameless ways?
I suggest you focus on the shameless deceit of your Catholic church fathers that were the CAUSE of centuries of torture and murder in the name of the god that they STOLE from Jewish religious literature.

Until you study your religion from the outside in, you will be enclosed in your personalized box of lies that delude you in the belief that those lies will lead you to salvation.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518988 Mar 4, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A) You are an idiot. It is an accurate description which you have earned over and over again. It is not name calling to state a fact.
B) I have never called anyone a born again whacko so yet again you prove yourself an idiot by attributing words to me I did not say. You do have a propensity to lump whatever people say and attribute them to the wrong people. It is your genius.
It is good you are not saying no one else is guilty. Ok...Many protestants have said idiots, pagans, liars, fools, morons. Your church is an abortion to the truth. You are not Christians, Constantiists. Pope Bendicts Boyfriend? lol All priests are pedophiles, I bet when you were an altar boy you got excited when your priest Ben Dover came in. Your church has way more pedophiles than anyone else. All your priests are gay. Filthy drunks, wine bibbers, We dont have any abusers. We never covered anything up. Your worhsip Mary and the Pope. You dont know any scripture, You are not born again. You murderers, Inqiusition, Crusades, This one time at bandcamp. Some nun taught me. You changed blah blah. You are ignorant of the faith, your responses rarely deal with the answer or topic you pose and then you get snarky and sarcastic because you are too dumb to carry on an intelligent, logic or cohesive argument. So you can pretty much stuff your feel good crap and self righteousness with answers that have zero intelligence attached. Thanks!
I probably shouldn't add to the list, but would really like to hear what she thinks about one of the more memorable things I was told by one of her "born-again brothers in Christ"....he told me the only reason why I went to confession was so that I could get bent over the pew by the priest. Yes, I would really like to hear what she and the others think about that one. Although I doubt there will be any response. It will just be conveniently "overlooked" and I'll be told that my posting of scripture is meaningless because I sometimes loose my temper and am righteously indignant over their sickening behavior on this board. Sure, rose, sure.

Terrace, Canada

#518989 Mar 4, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Like JC said, don't be like the hypocrite who shouted prayers in public, right?
They like to swing those scriptures to fit their personalized sermons.

It states in plain English that Jehovah "creates" (as in present times) peace AND evil.

Several of them have tried to imply that the word evil in that scripture doesn't mean what it appears to mean ... but "I make peace" does mean what it appears (to them) to mean.

They can't be honest with others, because they are not honest with their selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#518990 Mar 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that..on Biden and Pelosi..okay yes I mention them..your Church is,different ..as,you keep saying..You have a,head in the,Pope..
Why on earth were those,people invited to his,Mass,as Catholics,representing the,US..
They are responsible for LOST LIFE ..babies...if any o me should have been publicly excommunicated its,them..
Unfortunately the,Protestant Faith does,not have that..And I doubt the,Reverend would use it..from his,statements one can only tell he is,more political than religious...as,for the,Pres..who knows,..what his beliefs,are....
That's,why I mention them..I know they are,NOT practicing Catholicism and I've said so..Kerry also...I just thought your Church should have more control. With its,structure ...for such public people..who SAY they represent Catholics ...
No denomination really has,control over its,members..or what they say ...And how,they act...do they ..but giving them public acknowledgement???In Rome...communion at Mass??(Did they??)
I'm sure it would have been on the news if they had NOT ..
Read this:

"The Papal inauguration of Pope Francis was held on 19 March 2013[1] in St. Peter's Square in the Vatican. Holy Mass was celebrated by Pope Francis before political and religious leaders from around the world. The crowd was estimated between 150,000 and 200,000. Official delegations from 132 states and various religious groups attended. It was the first papal inauguration attended by the Patriarch of Constantinople in over 1000 years."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_inaugurati...

Now if you feel the need to make an issue of the fact that those two frauds received the Eucharist that's your prerogative, but if you think we should have had "communion police" screening each recipient, you're far more petty and argumentative than I had given you credit for. Pelosi, Biden and all the abortion supporting scumbags will face the final judgement and I surely wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#518991 Mar 4, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....They are not elected to govern religiously.
If you have an issue of how Biden/Pelosi aren't practicing their faith as required than you better put most catholics in america in that category.
...I hope most people vote of how they want the country governed, not on whether someone is a catholic or protestant.
...In Canada we have a Muslim mayor of a large city, and we have a few Muslims elected in our federal/Provincial governments. 10 years ago this in heard of.
.Joe Kennedy was a rum runner or one of the first high level moonshiners of his time, but america loved him...sons and...Democrats .John Kennedy Ted, and his Bobby were both skirt chasers, yet overall america loved them, and were elected by the catholic vote.
True Mike, but if they had the slightest amount of shame and humility they would never show their faces in the communion line.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518992 Mar 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
You are absolutely correct....
Today is Mardi Gras. And fortunately it is sleeting and cold right now. Normally, in the rural areas such as I live in, the "good" Catholics all get together and are driven from house to house with beer, or whiskey in one hand, and begging for a chicken or something for a big gumbo....(I can hear them still outside even now.) in the other hand.(Fortunately, they now have mobile toilets, otherwise, back a few years, they would pee and shit on the lawn and ditch(men and women).) There are always designated fight-breakers, and police following, as it is a continuous dancing, loud music from speakers, brawls over women, etc. etc....
You are absolutely correct....
So, Robert, does this mean you won't be praying the Liturgy of the Hours or observing Lent now that you're not Catholic anymore? I'm sorry to hear that.

Terrace, Canada

#518994 Mar 4, 2014
There is one reason and one reason ONLY that people idolize religion.

They have a need to believe that a god or gods or goddesses prefer them over other humans AND over other forms of life.

And that is a despicable reason in which to invest FAITH.

Terrace, Canada

#518995 Mar 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Robert, does this mean you won't be praying the Liturgy of the Hours or observing Lent now that you're not Catholic anymore? I'm sorry to hear that.
I'll bet you ARE sorry. If he's not Catholic, Jehovah won't love him as Jehovah (the one an only god of the Abrahamic religion) loves YOU ... right???

Sickening self-indulgence.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#518996 Mar 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably shouldn't add to the list, but would really like to hear what she thinks about one of the more memorable things I was told by one of her "born-again brothers in Christ"....he told me the only reason why I went to confession was so that I could get bent over the pew by the priest. Yes, I would really like to hear what she and the others think about that one. Although I doubt there will be any response. It will just be conveniently "overlooked" and I'll be told that my posting of scripture is meaningless because I sometimes loose my temper and am righteously indignant over their sickening behavior on this board. Sure, rose, sure.
Actually the list is small in comparison the many more which are continually delivered and then they harp poor may or blindly say we never insult or call names. lol Well at least concernned in Brazil has the number dead in the Inquisitions down to 50 million which is still some 20 million higher than all the people that existed in Europe. Down from 100 million that is a pretty drastic reduction. Meanwhile in the real world you point to examinations of the actual documents, a BBC documentary which is usually hostile to the church which puts things in perspective. Well then its a denial it every happened. No it would be too much of an inconvenience to let go of massive distortions of the truth so they can hold on to their hateful bigotry and delusions of self righteousness. Yeah CatholicMikeyReporter the king of fishwrap never insults. lol Dont forget the Pope said he is God. The pope adds up to 666 but so does Ellen White. lol You know Catholics took that Jesuit Oath that was shown to be a matter of congressional record a reprimand on a Protestant for lying. But no matter they will use it elsewhere, because that is what born agains do. And by All means Anglican Scholar JND Kelley is really a Catholic. lol The list of fraudulent statements is seemingly endless. Dont worry though Rose will bring up Husker, despite being admonished and not supported in some statements which they have a propensity to do if one of theirs or one of their atheis or pagan Christians that join in their charade of Christianity that advocates anything is good as long as its directed at Catholics. Pure hypocrisy!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#518997 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Gnosticism promote dishonesty???
IMO - dishonesty can't be taught. It would be generated by an individual.

A philosophy doesn't promote dishonesty. Dishonesty begins with an individual and then as time goes by, the persuasion is believed to be true.

For example - the dishonesty in so-called "Christians" on one level is:
"I believe in what Jesus taught."

As we all know, this is a half-truth (dishonest perception), because we all also know that they only believe in a portion of what he taught.....and the heirarchy of Christianity promotes this same lie.

Only a dishonest person would continue to deny this. Sort of like you and the other so-called "Christians".

In my study and research, I've yet to find dishonesty in Gnosticism.

Please show me where you think there are dishonest teachings.

Location hidden

#518998 Mar 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
why should you or anyone else be surprised that Robert flip flops every few months?

I told you that he was a flake several years ago, even BEFORE june outed him
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518999 Mar 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
True Mike, but if they had the slightest amount of shame and humility they would never show their faces in the communion line.
....Back in the 60s/70s a lot of catholic friends of mine got married. When they went to their priest for instructions about church(marriage) and teachings especially birth control etc. Many priests told them to use their own conscience.

....I am sure many catholics attend weekly mass and communion and not following many of the church laws.

.....Old neighbors of ours has a 58 year old daughter. The family are devout catholics. The daughter teaches grade 5 at a roman catholic school, she lives with her boyfriend, and also prepares grade 8 students for their confirmation. She attends weekly mass/communion with her parents knowingly committing adultery.

.....Your church worldwide bares some responsibility of what catholics are taught and what they practice........Right now catholics are all over the map. Your church needs a major overhaul and some courage, and find out who is in and who is out, and if they are not following all the rules, they are out until they change their ways.

...If you join a club you are expected to follow all the rules or you have no business belonging. Same with the church.

....Your church needs to step up.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#519000 Mar 4, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the list is small in comparison the many more which are continually delivered and then they harp poor may or blindly say we never insult or call names. lol Well at least concernned in Brazil has the number dead in the Inquisitions down to 50 million which is still some 20 million higher than all the people that existed in Europe. Down from 100 million that is a pretty drastic reduction. Meanwhile in the real world you point to examinations of the actual documents, a BBC documentary which is usually hostile to the church which puts things in perspective. Well then its a denial it every happened. No it would be too much of an inconvenience to let go of massive distortions of the truth so they can hold on to their hateful bigotry and delusions of self righteousness. Yeah CatholicMikeyReporter the king of fishwrap never insults. lol Dont forget the Pope said he is God. The pope adds up to 666 but so does Ellen White. lol You know Catholics took that Jesuit Oath that was shown to be a matter of congressional record a reprimand on a Protestant for lying. But no matter they will use it elsewhere, because that is what born agains do. And by All means Anglican Scholar JND Kelley is really a Catholic. lol The list of fraudulent statements is seemingly endless. Dont worry though Rose will bring up Husker, despite being admonished and not supported in some statements which they have a propensity to do if one of theirs or one of their atheis or pagan Christians that join in their charade of Christianity that advocates anything is good as long as its directed at Catholics. Pure hypocrisy!
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when reading this because it's so absurd (and because you have a way with words, DS!)-- ;)
I noticed Pope Benedict's "boyfriend" was brought up again today by mikey. I don't want to criticize, but I think a certain recent occurrence was a huuge mistake and won't last long, nor should it! I'm afraid some otherwise knowledgeable Catholics can have a mistaken notion about a few certain biblical admonitions and fail to use discernment.

I wonder if we're now going to be blamed for the war in the Ukraine? I remember my mother always saying that the devil was on the prowl particularly around the holidays.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#519001 Mar 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Michael are one!!!!! You quit because you are angry and bitter at Jesus Christ Himself and His One True Cathoilc Church......Catholic who "fall away." From the church (do so) because they are upset at what a priest might have said or because they never had any faith to begin with. The difference is that Protestants become Catholic (and they number in the thousands every month) because their blinded "eyes have become open" to the historical and biblical TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His one ( and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---the Bride of Christ.
Your post reeks of projection.

----------

Please post your citation that agrees with your assessment of Michael.

"You quit because you are angry and bitter at Jesus Christ Himself and His One True Cathoilc Church."

Please post your citation that agrees with your assessment of other people who leave Catholicism.

"Catholic who "fall away." From the church (do so) because they are upset at what a priest might have said or because they never had any faith to begin with."
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#519002 Mar 4, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Typo/spelling cop: Alert

Pope Bendicts(sp) Boyfriend?

Your(sp) worhsip(sp) Mary and the Pope.

Inqiusition(sp)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#519003 Mar 4, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Back in the 60s/70s a lot of catholic friends of mine got married. When they went to their priest for instructions about church(marriage) and teachings especially birth control etc. Many priests told them to use their own conscience.
....I am sure many catholics attend weekly mass and communion and not following many of the church laws.
.....Old neighbors of ours has a 58 year old daughter. The family are devout catholics. The daughter teaches grade 5 at a roman catholic school, she lives with her boyfriend, and also prepares grade 8 students for their confirmation. She attends weekly mass/communion with her parents knowingly committing adultery.
.....Your church worldwide bares some responsibility of what catholics are taught and what they practice........Right now catholics are all over the map. Your church needs a major overhaul and some courage, and find out who is in and who is out, and if they are not following all the rules, they are out until they change their ways.
...If you join a club you are expected to follow all the rules or you have no business belonging. Same with the church.
....Your church needs to step up.
I don't think you have the first clue as to what the Church is and for what purpose, and I don't think you really care.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#519004 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F never swears at others. Without question he is the most considerate poster on all the threats we have posted on together since 2006. I suggest that you two make a good pair. Yet both of you belong to a religion that teaches that hell and a devil are waiting to punish offenders in a hereafter ... with GOD's approval ... no less. And you have no problem whatsoever agreeing with the theologians that that teaching is based on truth.
Idiots!!!
June

Nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... 1 hr ELIAS IBARRA 16
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr Sir 9,425
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 2 hr ELIAS IBARRA 26
News Rick Santorum blasts Pope Francis as 'not credi... 4 hr Tazo 1
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 22 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 22 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Mon pazuzu 68
More from around the web