Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,307
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#518839 Mar 3, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

I guess I am not the only one who feels this way.
Good.
Why does Christianity promote dishonesty?
- we've seen it with self proclamations
- we've seen it even after facts are posted
Do so-called "Christians" enjoy being dishonest?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader
Peace
So what happens when there is a Newer Age Spiritual Leader? Will that make you dishonest, and enjoy it?(smiles)
LOL - funny. If there comes a time when I need to worry about this, I won't. THere isn't anyone who is newer than me.....*smiles*......
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
We are in a post-Christian country. So of course it is going to be marginalized. And maybe a few will learn honesty and enjoy it....
Peace
So you do admit that dishonesty exists in Christianity. Good. Many will promote the lie that there isn't any.

Stick with your honesty - it will be best.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#518840 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
Anthony, looks like its a current story;
Friday, February 28th, 2014
Some twenty-five Protestant families in Southern Mexico have had the water and electricity to their homes cut off and have been placed under virtual house arrest. The familiesí refusal to participate in the traditional ceremonies of the Catholic Church has drawn the anger from village authorities for refusing to participate and fund the celebrations. A similar situation occurred in the same state in 2010 again targeting Protestant Christians.
http://www.persecution.org/category/countries...
It doesn't matter Marge. Those they are calling Traditional Catholics are not part of the Diocese in the Catholic Church. Its the same storyline. It is not a practice supported by the Church. Regardless many of them remember what the Protestants did to them when they supported the govt and sat on panels to persecute Catholics, which led to the Cristero revolution. The United States also wanted to weaken Mexico as it had taken California, New Mexico. and remember the Alamo is not a popular saying. in Mexico.

What is interesting is that when most of the known world was Catholic protestants are quick to point fingers, yet ignoring the massive persecution Protestants dealt out and still are. Yet when its a protestant group you would be the first to defend them as Christians and yet say well they arent really Christian. Well who decides what the bible really says in Protestantism? If the whole world was Catholic there would still be people persecuting. If they were atheist they would still be persecuting for any idealogy that was different. I think too often political ideologies, Nationalism so forth are operated under the name of the Religion. With no religion there would still be rules. You may not like them, but they would be enforced. If the govt says you must pay to do this then you will or start a revolution when it becomes too opressive and you have enough support. The persecuted often become the persecutors when they wield the power. I think English or French Colonoliasm had very little to do with religion. The Romans didnt care what religion or god you worshipped as long as you didnt upset the empire and followed the rules. Ghenghis Khan was the same. His approach was surrender and pay tribute to the Kingdom or die and that meant everyone and many died.

Albuquerque, NM

#518841 Mar 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said Catholics know the whole truth and the only truth from God. Where did you come up with that one?
You may not have said it, but you have implied it....when you decided to accept men's decision on what Jesus taught, instead of accepting what Jesus taught for all that it is.

Self.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518842 Mar 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only "fundies" like you claim that if a Catholic doctrinal teaching is not supported by scripture, it is a wrongful act......WHERE does it say in the bible that EVERYTHING (every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST be in the bible in order "for it to be TRUE" ???....In addition "where does it say in the bible that God chose to transmit His infallible and inspired Word , "ONLY in the bible",, The answer is NOWHERE!!!!......You 21st century Bible only fundamentalists have "made this up" just like you do with everything else! Protestant bible only teaching was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 27th century.....It is a "man-made" belief that has absolutely "NO BASIS" of any biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of its teachings!!!!
Only catliks like you claim that if a Catholic doctrinal teaching is not supported by scripture, it is not a wrongful act......that there is no need for the Inspired Word of God to support that teaching...nor any other taught by dead men or the poope!!!!

WHERE does it say in the bible that not EVERYTHING (every word, every phrase, every sentence) is not in the bible and that only catliks have been given the "extras....Magisterium and Tradition that trump His Word......i

In addition where does it say in the bible that God chose to transmit His infallible and inspired Word , anywhere else but in the Bible. You got this one right!!!! The answer is NOWHERE!!!!......

You catliks follow the lies of your dead "saints" and the poope over the Word of God.The catlik bible has books added to it that are not the inspired Word of God....they are not included in the Christian Bible....
marge

Ames, IA

#518843 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518844 Mar 3, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Well this one from 2007 says basically the same thing, so it looks like your website is re-hashing old news and Kay is re-re-hashing on Kay's Daily Gossip Column.
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/evangel...

----------
Kay's Daily Gossip Column:

Here's daring anyone with questions about this 'column' to read the site Marge posted...carefully.

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#518845 Mar 3, 2014
sorry the above link is about that Christian family who were being persecuted in Germany for home-schooling their kids, Obama wants them deported.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518846 Mar 3, 2014
who="marge" http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/03/03/tea...

----------
Interesting article, Marge. It shows the formerly referenced 'Christian' refusing refuge to the German Christian family who will be deported to Germany...knowing that their children will be taken away from them.

At the same time, he is welcoming thousands of Syrian Arabs to the U.S. who claim persecution...but the Syrian Christians who are dying, are not getting refuge.

More (true)'gossip'....:)

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518847 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Well this one from 2007 says basically the same thing, so it looks like your website is re-hashing old news and Kay is re-re-hashing on Kay's Daily Gossip Column.
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/evangel...
----------
Kay's Daily Gossip Column:
Here's daring anyone with questions about this 'column' to read the site Marge posted...carefully.
KayMarie
I read it. This same gossip was reported 7 years ago and was labeled "extremely unfair" by a fellow fundamentalist who correctly identified them as a break-away group that is not associated with the Catholic Church. Pope Francis and the bishops would never allow this sort of thing to happen if they were.

It's nice to see you pop in every few days Kay, but instead of sharing Kay's Daily Gossip Column trashing the Catholic Church, maybe you could join us in some charitable exchanges between Christians.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#518848 Mar 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it. This same gossip was reported 7 years ago and was labeled "extremely unfair" by a fellow fundamentalist who correctly identified them as a break-away group that is not associated with the Catholic Church. Pope Francis and the bishops would never allow this sort of thing to happen if they were.
It's nice to see you pop in every few days Kay, but instead of sharing Kay's Daily Gossip Column trashing the Catholic Church, maybe you could join us in some charitable exchanges between Christians.
Kay's Daily Gossip Column...lol So very true!

This one time at Band Camp this Catholic told me....

This one Time at Band Camp I saw a Catholic .....

This one time at Band Camp someone told me about a Catholic she knows that...

This one time at Band Camp Catholics were sneaking wine.

This one time at Band Camp I was reading a tabloid and the parts about Catholics were shocking. ;0

This one Time at Band Camp I heard Obama is really a Catholic..;0

Albuquerque, NM

#518849 Mar 3, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
This one time at Band Camp I was reading a tabloid and the parts about Catholics were shocking. ;0
Was Band Camp fun?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518850 Mar 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
sec try...
Show me a word in my post that is not the gospel truth...
Oxbow, aka ITB,
What you do is not "telling the gospel truth".

Looks like you ran out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas long before you were excommunicated by the Roman Catholic Church.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518851 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
[who="marge" Anthony, looks like its a current story;
Friday, February 28th, 2014
Some twenty-five Protestant families in Southern Mexico have had the water and electricity to their homes cut off and have been placed under virtual house arrest. The familiesí refusal to participate in the traditional ceremonies of the Catholic Church has drawn the anger from village authorities for refusing to participate and fund the celebrations. A similar situation occurred in the same state in 2010 again targeting Protestant Christians.
http://www.persecution.org/category/countries...
----------
Thanks a bundle, Marge! TRUTH will stand when the world is on fire.
KayMarie
When you admit that Martin Luther was as much a monster as were the Catholic popes, then you might be able to brag a bit about your concept of truth.

Until then you are just a lying fraud, the same as all other lying religious frauds.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518852 Mar 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only catliks like you claim that if a Catholic doctrinal teaching is not supported by scripture, it is not a wrongful act......that there is no need for the Inspired Word of God to support that teaching...nor any other taught by dead men or the poope!!!!
WHERE does it say in the bible that not EVERYTHING (every word, every phrase, every sentence) is not in the bible and that only catliks have been given the "extras....Magisterium and Tradition that trump His Word......i
In addition where does it say in the bible that God chose to transmit His infallible and inspired Word , anywhere else but in the Bible. You got this one right!!!! The answer is NOWHERE!!!!......
You catliks follow the lies of your dead "saints" and the poope over the Word of God.The catlik bible has books added to it that are not the inspired Word of God....they are not included in the Christian Bible....
In other words Oxbow, aka ITB, is adding to the Bible since there is no Scriptural authority for the Bible-only movement. It's a teaching of man alone.

Quesnel, Canada

#518853 Mar 3, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay's Catholic Gossip Column and your Protestant Gossip column run parallel to each other.

You both preach of your own holiness and throw all the vile evil at each other.

You learned well from your right-fighting Catholic and Protestant theologians.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518854 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="marge" http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/03/03/tea...
----------
Interesting article, Marge. It shows the formerly referenced 'Christian' refusing refuge to the German Christian family who will be deported to Germany...knowing that their children will be taken away from them.
At the same time, he is welcoming thousands of Syrian Arabs to the U.S. who claim persecution...but the Syrian Christians who are dying, are not getting refuge.
More (true)'gossip'....:)
KayMarie
You do know that almost ALL of the Christians in Syria are Orthodox or Catholic. Thank you for including us in your designation of "Christian" if that's what you meant by your comment on the persecution in Syria.

Quesnel, Canada

#518855 Mar 3, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not have said it, but you have implied it....when you decided to accept men's decision on what Jesus taught, instead of accepting what Jesus taught for all that it is.
Self.
Hahahahahaha

You and your Gnost-i-sized imaginary Jesus are quite a pair.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518856 Mar 3, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing the level of ignorance and presumption.

Quesnel, Canada

#518857 Mar 3, 2014
Gnost-"I"-sized + Jesus = Self.

:)
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518858 Mar 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic bible is the "original" written Word of a God that was written and established in 382 , 393 and .379AD by the Early Church Fathers, who formed the Canon of Scripture from the documents, letters, parchments and manuscripts written by the Apostles beginning at the time of Jesus.........All of the original books were included and existed for over 1200 years --that is until the Protestant Reformation....The Historical Truth is that it was Luther and the rest of you "fundies" who "threw out" --7 books of the original bible!,,,,,,,,,It was Zwingli who " discarded the original translation of the bible by "dis-regarding Jesus'(own spoken Words in John 16:47-59regarding the TRUE body and blood of Jesus in the Eucharist!!
You need to get a valid, authenticated True Church History lesson book, Ox, instead of relying upon your fictitious Protestant " make it up as you go" 21st century anti-catholic "hack" theologians!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 51 min Polaris 4
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 2 hr swedenforever 28
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... 2 hr swedenforever 11
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Scales Off 8,913
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web