Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670429 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#519116 Mar 5, 2014
Gnostics were ignorant humans, who were certain they owned knowledge from on high.

Full of pride while being dumb as bags of hammers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Sumerian tradition

It is the Sumerian tradition as an interpretation of the oldest remaining texts of humanity and continued through the gnostic tradition of Christianity that Earth was the site for a prison of the very worst and evil beings of a higher order race from the a nearby star system.

http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html

Since: Mar 14

Ludhiana, India

#519118 Mar 5, 2014
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#519119 Mar 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it....ITB...
I guess you've already been canned by the Catholic Church. That's what you get for adding to Scripture in order to produce your own private heresy.

Quesnel, Canada

#519120 Mar 5, 2014
Wacky theology

Theologian ... "God does not want you to ask questions of him."

"But you told me that God gave me free will."

Theologian ... "But you only have free will to make the right choice, and the right choice is that you don't question God."

"It seems to me that you simply don't want me to question what you teach me about God."

Theologian ... "THAT is a LIE. You will now be burned at the stake for daring to put your self up above God."

"Well, so much for my free will. It just went down the toilet, along with your supposed truth."

Quesnel, Canada

#519121 Mar 5, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any Muslim theologians.
I'll put the question another way. Do you hate Islam, or do you just not believe that it's based on truth???

Every time I ask Christians this question, they don't answer. They just keep on claiming that I am full of hate against Christianity.

Quesnel, Canada

#519122 Mar 5, 2014
Having been raised by a wonderful Christian mother, I would have no reason to hate Christianity.

The reason I finally left all religion behind is that none of it made any sense to me.

The idea that a creator would favor people of one religion and believe that those in other religions were heretics or infidels seemed and seems ludicrous.

But what bothered me most was the issue of suffering of not only humans but of all forms of life.

I simply refuse to believe that a creator would have any part in such a plan.

"Divine???" Yeah ... RIGHT!!! I think NOT.

I would rather have no explanation than believe we have been enlightened with truth by the right-fighting theologians.

Quesnel, Canada

#519124 Mar 5, 2014
Religion is a matter of allowing imagination free reign.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following.

As soon as they launched out into the vast abyss, they delivered themselves to the guidance of disordered imagination; and as the paths of error are various and infinite, the Gnostics were imperceptibly divided into more than fifty particular sects

Quesnel, Canada

#519125 Mar 5, 2014
From the book … The Lexicon of Stupidity, by Ross and Kathryn Petras

Heaven

Heaven is a place large enough to accommodate 299, 900,000,000,000 souls with a mansion of 100 rooms each, 16 X 16 X 16.

Rev. Dr. W. Graham Walker, Speaking at the Highland Street Christian Church, Memphis, Tennessee
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#519126 Mar 5, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any Muslim theologians.
Sorry if me being an Expert offends you.
Stupid people often do take issue with that.
Stupid people annoy me too.

Delusional people who follow untrue, immoral gods are stupid.

I have the one true, scientifically proven God.

Ramen

Quesnel, Canada

#519127 Mar 5, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you single out Christians to ask that question?
The Christians are the ones that claim I hate Christianity.

Yet when I ask if THEY hate Islam they refuse to answer, just as occurred with you.

You can't BE honest with others, when you keep being dishonest with your self.

Do you hate Islam ... or do you just believe that it is not based on truth???

Come ON ... you can answer the question. Be brave.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#519128 Mar 5, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you single out Christians to ask that question?
Why not ask a Muslim?

Quesnel, Canada

#519129 Mar 5, 2014

Heaven

Heaven is a city 15,000 miles square or 6,000 miles around. One side is 245 miles longer than the length of the Great Wall of China. Walls surrounding Heaven are 396,000 times higher than the Great Wall of China and eight times as thick. Heaven has twelve gates, three on each side, and has room for 100,000,000,000 souls. There are no slums. The entire city is built of diamond material, and the streets are paved with gold. All inhabitants are honest and there are no locks, no courts, and no policemen.

Rev. Dr. George Hawes of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Quesnel, Canada

#519130 Mar 5, 2014
It's difficult to imagine how theologians take training for years to be so blatantly ignorant ... but, the trend keeps on keeping on.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

God was the first kiwanian.

Rev. W.F. Powell, speaking before the Kiwanis Club of Columbus, Ohio

Quesnel, Canada

#519131 Mar 5, 2014
Christians also committed the same mutilation on little girls in the name of GOD.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

In Somalia, like many countries across Africa and the Middle East, little girls are made “pure” by having their genital cut out. There is no other way to describe this procedure, which typically occurs around the age of five. After the child’s clitoris and labia are carved out, scraped off, or, in more compassionate areas, merely cut or pricked, the whole area is often sewn up, so that a thick band of tissue forms a chastity belt made of the girl’s own scarred flesh. A small hole is carefully situated to permit a thin flow of pee. Only great force can tear the scar tissue wider, for sex.

Quesnel, Canada

#519132 Mar 5, 2014
It seems that idiot theologians never had faith that the gods created humans the right way, so they had to correct what the gods had ordained. Such idiocy is still alive and very unwell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

FGM in traditional African cultures and religions

The traditional cultural practice of FGM predates both Islam and Christianity. A Greek papyrus from 163 B.C. mentions girls in Egypt undergoing circumcision

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states that the custom of FGM "cuts across religions and is practiced by Muslims, Christians, Jews and followers of indigenous religions."[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_ ...

Quesnel, Canada

#519133 Mar 5, 2014
Christopher Hitchens in debate with Jewish Rabbi

Michael

Canada

#519134 Mar 5, 2014
Where is Anthony? Where is Regina? Where is GENED?
Michael

Canada

#519135 Mar 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic bible "came first" in 383, 393 and 379 AD ----1200 years before the Reformation!
The Protestant bible wasn't 'even put together until Luther came on the scene in the 16th century. The Catholics didn't add (ANY) books because they had the complete bible in 397 AD
"You "Bible only (fundamentalists) are the ones who took those seven books OUT in the 16th century.-------Your "denial" of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History only exceeds the hostility vengeance that has corrupted your heart, mind and soul against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church
....Jesus returns!

Quesnel, Canada

#519136 Mar 5, 2014
From the book “Infidel,” by Ayaan Hirsi Ali comes the following……

Female genital mutilation predates Islam. Not all Muslims do this, and a few of the peoples who do are not Islamic. But in Somalia, where virtually every girl is excised, the practice is always justified in the name of Islam. Uncircumcised girls will be possessed by devils, fall into vice and perdition, and becomes whores. Imams never discourage the practice: it keeps girls pure.

Quesnel, Canada

#519137 Mar 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Jesus returns!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pkPgYbdQ1kQXX
Cute.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web