Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,919
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518737 Mar 2, 2014
continued from the above

“Matthias.– 12. Life everlasting. Amen” 2

Archbishop Wake says:“With respect to the Apostles being the authors of this Creed, it is not my intention to enter on any particular examination of this matter, which has been fully handled, not only by the late critics of the Church of Rome, Natalis Alexander, 3 Du Pin, &c, but yet more especially by Archbishop Usher, 1 Gerard Vossius, 2 Suicer, 3 Spanhemius, 4 Tentzelius, 5 and Sam. Basnage, 6 among the Protestants. It is suffice to say, that as it is not likely, that had any such thing as this been done by the Apostles, St. Luke would have passed it by, without taking the least notice of it: so the diversity of Creeds in the ancient Church, and that not only in expression, but in some whole Articles too, sufficiently shows that the Creed which we call by that name , was not composed by the twelve Apostles, much less in the same form in which it now is.” 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#518738 Mar 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumping right in to add fat to the fire as usual, seraphima, and supporting those who call people "ragina" and "vegina". Typical you. What happened to your "personal insult patrol"? Your friends get a pass, do they?
If the day ever comes that I tell someone that they should have been aborted, then and only then will you be able to say that I'm worse than you. Until that time, leave me alone. You're an instigator.
I am NOT supporting anyone calling anyone personal names. Never did.But You invited me into this conversation with you implied that Nick and I insult also. I agreed with you that we did but only gave you the blue ribbon for the most top personal insults. I would suggest that in order to be left alone you would need to stop trying to draw those you wish would leave you alone.into a confrontation

Quesnel, Canada

#518739 Mar 2, 2014
Predictions by mortal human animals ought not to be taken too heart, as they all too often have been wrong.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon,"

-- Sir John Eric Ericksen, British surgeon, appointed Surgeon-Extraordinary to Queen Victoria, 1873

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#518740 Mar 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumping right in to add fat to the fire as usual, seraphima, and supporting those who call people "ragina" and "vegina". Typical you. What happened to your "personal insult patrol"? Your friends get a pass, do they?
If the day ever comes that I tell someone that they should have been aborted, then and only then will you be able to say that I'm worse than you. Until that time, leave me alone. You're an instigator.
BTW ...it was retroactive abortion and it was said to June as a joke....

Quesnel, Canada

#518741 Mar 2, 2014
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

-- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Quesnel, Canada

#518742 Mar 2, 2014
"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out"

Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518743 Mar 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no link, eh, thief?
Take your crs pills...it'll comeback to you...lying snake..

Location hidden

#518744 Mar 2, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit your nonsense is prattle.
Good to know.
I respond to prattle with prattle...lying snake

Quesnel, Canada

#518745 Mar 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Source: Blue Letter Bible
The eighth line of the Apostles' Creed reads,
All theologians earned their livings by preaching and writing more and more tales. It's just too bad they couldn't have stopped hating each other's stories and bodies enough to stop killing in the name of gods.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518746 Mar 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you choose this post to respond to and not the first one? Hmmm? I know why and so does everyone else. You're a Coward with a capital "C", just like that other piece of garbage you copied from. If you think it wasn't noticed yesterday, you're more clueless than we thought. Nothing was said to you out of deference to me, not because he was giving you a pass.
Yeah, you do insult people and so do they. Keep digging that hole, mikey. We know how much you hate being shown for what you really are. This post of yours is just further proof of it. Keep on digging....I expect your insults toward me to get worse and worse now. So go ahead, spell the word all the way out, use the colloquialism that you really want to use, stop hiding behind the skirt of your computer screen. Coward.
...I have no idea what you are talking about.

...I feel sorry for you.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#518747 Mar 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony17 said, quote, "Everyone goes to hell eventually. Even Christ went to hell when He died. Hell is nothing but the grave so if you die,you will end up in the grave. That's all hell is." End quote.
Really? Jesus went to hell? Chapter and verse which says Jesus went to hell?
When Jesus cried upon the cross,“Oh, Father, why have you forsaken me?”(Matthew 27:46), it was then that He was separated from the Father because of the sin poured out upon Him. As He gave up His spirit, He said,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit”(Luke 23:46). His suffering in our place was completed. His soul/spirit went to the paradise side of hades. Jesus did not go to hell. Jesus’ suffering ended the moment He died. The payment for sin was paid. He then awaited the resurrection of His body and His return to glory in His ascension. Did Jesus go to hell? No. Did Jesus go to sheol/hades? Yes.
Apparently the story of Lazerus is fiction in your "religion".
Acts 2:31 says that Christ soul was not left in hell. But why did He go to hell AKA THE GRAVE when He died? Scripture gives us the answer. It states that He went and preached to the spirits in prison. But why? That's your homework assignment today. Tell us why Christ went to hell when He died and preached to the spirits in prison aka the grave or all those that had previously died.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#518748 Mar 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Hey ROMAN Catholics......how many "rites" do you claim to have? Check with "hojo". Probably 43,000! LOL LOL LOL LOL
What capital "C" Catholic churches do not report to the Roman pope? Is the Roman Catholic church the "head" of the capital "C" Catholic church?
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are close!!! As of March 1,2014 the number has now expanded to 43,546 and growing by approximately 128 per day......... This is Just more of the same old Protestant bible only contradicting and conflicting (self interpreting ---bible waiving preachers that continue to throw out more whoppers to their "dwindling number of followers" than Burger King!!!!!
Now just answer the questions "hojo"......

1. Hey ROMAN Catholics......how many "rites" do you claim to have? Check with "hojo". Probably 43,000! LOL LOL LOL LOL

2. What capital "C" Catholic churches do not report to the Roman pope?

3. Is the Roman Catholic church the "head" of the capital "C" Catholic church?

Come on now "hojo".....you can do it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518749 Mar 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead, mikey, spell the word all the way out, don't just change one letter like a little school kid afraid of his own shadow or an internet junkie hiding behind his computer like the person you copied from, say what you really mean.
..I had to go back through the post to see what you are angry about. If you are talking about your name that was a typo. Often I will post sun instead of son or make spelling mistakes.

...We have a city in Canada called Regina, and it ISN'T pronounced like your name Regina.

......you have too much anger in your life. Its obvious you are hiding something. That's OK were all here to help you, whether you think so or not.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#518750 Mar 2, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Acts 2:31 says that Christ soul was not left in hell. But why did He go to hell AKA THE GRAVE when He died? Scripture gives us the answer. It states that He went and preached to the spirits in prison. But why? That's your homework assignment today. Tell us why Christ went to hell when He died and preached to the spirits in prison aka the grave or all those that had previously died.
Acts 2:31, "David was looking into the future and speaking of the Messiah’s resurrection. He was saying that God would not leave him among the dead or allow his body to rot in the grave."

Location hidden

#518751 Mar 2, 2014
Luther also wanted to discuss the false teaching, not supported by Scripture, that it is a wrongful act, due to ignorance, when priests claim to retain the canonical penalties on the dead in purgatory which did not exist. (Popes now say there is no such place)...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518752 Mar 2, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you choose this post to respond to and not the first one? Hmmm? I know why and so does everyone else. You're a Coward with a capital "C", just like that other piece of garbage you copied from. If you think it wasn't noticed yesterday, you're more clueless than we thought. Nothing was said to you out of deference to me, not because he was giving you a pass.
Yeah, you do insult people and so do they. Keep digging that hole, mikey. We know how much you hate being shown for what you really are. This post of yours is just further proof of it. Keep on digging....I expect your insults toward me to get worse and worse now. So go ahead, spell the word all the way out, use the colloquialism that you really want to use, stop hiding behind the skirt of your computer screen. Coward.
...There is definitely something going wrong in your life. We all sense it. You seem to get to a tipping point, you get flustered, then all hell breaks out, you lose control. I see you do this all the time, it just so happens tonight you are releasing your anger towards me. Who will it be tomorrow?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518753 Mar 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are close!!! As of March 1,2014 the number has now expanded to 43,546 and growing by approximately 128 per day......... This is Just more of the same old Protestant bible only contradicting and conflicting (self interpreting ---bible waiving preachers that continue to throw out more whoppers to their "dwindling number of followers" than Burger King!!!!!
......more BS! Made up stuff.

,.... I am very disappointed with you Hojo, You are listing ficticious numbers to intentionally insult all protestants who believe with all their hearts in the same Jesus that you do.......and you brag about going to church everyday telling God how good you have been.....Unbelievable!

...You have hit a new low. I have no choice but put you in the same category as ReginaM.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518754 Mar 2, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one word in this post that is not the gospel truth...
There is no Scripture that supports this false teaching....your encyclopedia lists none....this falsehood is based only on the day dreams of your church fodders and dead men....
I do not see the word "penitence" in my Bible....what scripture is this in? True, fasting is taught in Scripture, so is prayer....but we cannot pay for our sins, our Salvation, through any suffering....
In NM, about a mile from where I lived, the cinco de mayo ignoramuses climb a hill, on hands and knees to do "penitence" ...they walked for miles to reach a church that had "healing dirt" in a hole in the floor!!!!! I have seen on TV people flogging themselves with a whip to where blood ran down their back...some where nailed to a cross.....utter stupidity!!!!!
Oxbow, aka ITB,

What you do is not "telling the gospel truth".

Looks like you ran out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas long before you were excommunicated by the Roman Catholic Church.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#518755 Mar 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
...As of March 1st 2014 you say. 43,546 protestant denominations hojo says. 128 new denominations everyday........says Hojo.
.........You are not funny Hojo. You are a BS! Artist.........and going to confession, and mass everyday will never erase these sins.
.....what a phony you are Hojo.........and God knows it too.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518756 Mar 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/married- man-becomes-maronite-catholic- priest-us-025427457.html
Maronite Catholic priest gets married. What's up with that Rome?
Cool. I attended Mass officiated by a married priest in Tulsa a number of times. In his case he married as an Anglican, became a priest, and then converted to Catholicism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy 8,539
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope 20 hr Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists Thu SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE