Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683659 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#519077 Mar 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm a Jew?
First I was a Gnostic.
Then a Christian.
Now a Jew?
Oy vey ist mir.
I wouldn't surmise what you are as that is for you to decide. I just asked which transportation you have arranged for what destination. Apparently if you don't decide where you want to go ahead of time, the creator can't make arrangements for your "passage."

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#519078 Mar 4, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read Scripture from a dictionary, English or Greek. I read Scripture from a Bible translated into English by scholars.
I am not fluent in Greek, modern or ancient. Therefore I don't feel qualified to translate any document from English to Greek and then back into different English. Without fluency I don't think anyone can competently translate from one language to another and expect to get it right.
The result of changing an expert English translation of Scripture into a different English translation of Scripture could be heresy. You could get excommunicated by the Catholic Church for that. Just sayin.
Can it....ITB...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#519079 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not make it a practice to discuss the Sacred Infallible Word of God with non Christians...
Translation: You can't discuss much of anything without plagiarizing stuff you don't actually understand.

Thief.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#519080 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't surmise what you are as that is for you to decide. I just asked which transportation you have arranged for what destination. Apparently if you don't decide where you want to go ahead of time, the creator can't make arrangements for your "passage."
Well, when you figure out what I am, give me a shout, K?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519081 Mar 4, 2014
Apparently the extremely important issue, is all about humans in all religions making arrangements ahead of "time" to decide their favorite destinations.

Theologians teach that waiting to see how the system unfolds in its own due time is not allowed, as that is evil. They teach that it is compulsory to have faith that you will be saved, or there is not a hope in hell that you WILL be saved.

Naughty theologians, placing such silly thoughts in human brain-cells.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519082 Mar 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when you figure out what I am, give me a shout, K?
Dodging another bullet HUH???

A short while ago you were quite the preacher. Now, not so much.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#519083 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A short while ago you were quite the preacher. Now, not so much.
Really?

Please identify the post.

And then explain.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519084 Mar 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: You can't discuss much of anything without plagiarizing stuff you don't actually understand.
Thief.
To believe you know the mind of a god is plagiarizing ... is it not???

After all, the god is not here to speak on his/her own behalf.

Paraphrasing as did and do the theologians is a poor excuse for the REAL thing, as the conflicting messages might be all wrong.

And if they are wrong ... "Woe unto thee!"

You are better to say nothing, than to say what is wrong.

tongue in cheek

Location hidden

#519085 Mar 4, 2014
The Apocrypha inculcates doctrines at variance with the Bible, such as prayers for the dead and sinless perfection.

And the day following Judas came with his company, to take away the bodies of them that were slain, and to bury them with their kinsmen, in the sepulchers of their fathers. And they found under the coats of the slain some of the donaries of the idols of Jamnia, which the law forbiddeth to the Jews: so that all plainly saw, that for this cause they were slain. Then they all blessed the just judgment of the Lord, who had discovered the things that were hidden. And so betaking themselves to prayers, they besought him, that the sin which had been committed might be forgotten. But the most valiant Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves from sin, forasmuch as they saw before their eyes what had happened, because of the sins of those that were slain. And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachmas of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection,(For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,) And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them. It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.(2 Maccabees 12:39-46)

Only a Catlik would be so dumb as to think this trash is "Inspired of the Holy Ghost!!!!!!!"
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519086 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not make it a practice to discuss the Sacred Infallible Word of God with non Christians...
Apparently you believe that Catholics are non-Christians.

That is hilarious, as the Catholics were the first to use the word Christian.

Protestantism was only a gleam in Martin Luther's eye in the 16th century.

Arrogance abounds.

Location hidden

#519087 Mar 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief.
Translated.....you don't understand anything....that is in writing...is verbal...or sign language..
Go back to your favorite rock and hiss to your heart's content...lying snake....
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#519088 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe you know the mind of a god is plagiarizing ... is it not???
After all, the god is not here to speak on his/her own behalf.
Paraphrasing as did and do the theologians is a poor excuse for the REAL thing, as the conflicting messages might be all wrong.
And if they are wrong ... "Woe unto thee!"
You are better to say nothing, than to say what is wrong.
tongue in cheek
I will call a thief a thief.

And a nut job a nut job.

You haven't been keeping up on your meds, huh?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519089 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
The Apocrypha inculcates doctrines at variance with the Bible, such as prayers for the dead and sinless perfection.
And the day following Judas came with his company, to take away the bodies of them that were slain, and to bury them with their kinsmen, in the sepulchers of their fathers. And they found under the coats of the slain some of the donaries of the idols of Jamnia, which the law forbiddeth to the Jews: so that all plainly saw, that for this cause they were slain. Then they all blessed the just judgment of the Lord, who had discovered the things that were hidden. And so betaking themselves to prayers, they besought him, that the sin which had been committed might be forgotten. But the most valiant Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves from sin, forasmuch as they saw before their eyes what had happened, because of the sins of those that were slain. And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachmas of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection,(For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,) And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them. It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.(2 Maccabees 12:39-46)
Only a Catlik would be so dumb as to think this trash is "Inspired of the Holy Ghost!!!!!!!"
Catholics were the first Christians. They compiled all the data in the new testament, that Martin Luther used as being based on truth.

There was no Protestant bible when Martin Luther started Protestantism.

You just don't GET it ... do you???
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519090 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wacky theology.
Think how awful it would be if Jesus had stayed faithful to Judaism.
He could never have been saved because he couldn't have been washed clean of what the Catholic church fathers referred to as Judaizing disease.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Definition of JUDAIZE. intransitive verb.: to adopt the customs, beliefs, or character of a Jew.
https://www.google.ca/#q=judaizing+disease+de...
Yea,sure seem's like easy money.Some elderly gentelman,maybe a widower.
You hook up with the poor old lonely guy and get your gold digging claws into his bank account. And what happens to them JuNe? Where are they? They can't just vanish into thin air can they? Nice and neat if true.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519091 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting choice of words JUNE.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#519092 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Translated.....you don't understand anything....that is in writing...is verbal...or sign language..
Go back to your favorite rock and hiss to your heart's content...lying snake....
Let me repeat the request:

Tell me what that passage means to you, thief.

Feel free to rely on the original Greek.

Please tie it to Matthew's related passage and Mark's disparate treatment of Jesus' family.

I understand you're not up to it.

That's no surprise to anyone here.

Thief.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519093 Mar 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I will call a thief a thief.
And a nut job a nut job.
You haven't been keeping up on your meds, huh?
Nice dodge ... once again.

Which destination are you aiming for in the supposed afterlife that you in your vain glories have all mapped out for your self???

Will it be Christian heaven ... Olam Haba ... Nirvana ... Paradise ... Svargam ... the Summer Lands ... or elsewhere?

You best purchase your ticket to freedom now and get in ahead of the rush ... you know ... the apocalypse, when the creator destroys all the evil sinners and saves those such as Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps for heavenly bliss.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#519094 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics were the first Christians....
Untrue.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519095 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics were the first Christians. They compiled all the data in the new testament, that Martin Luther used as being based on truth.
There was no Protestant bible when Martin Luther started Protestantism.
You just don't GET it ... do you???
Yes June.I think you were born a few hundred years to late.
You would have fit right in with those snobby hyppocrates who stared down their big nose pointing and sitting in moral judgement on others.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#519096 Mar 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice dodge ... once again.
Which destination are you aiming for in the supposed afterlife that you in your vain glories have all mapped out for your self???
Will it be Christian heaven ... Olam Haba ... Nirvana ... Paradise ... Svargam ... the Summer Lands ... or elsewhere?
You best purchase your ticket to freedom now and get in ahead of the rush ... you know ... the apocalypse, when the creator destroys all the evil sinners and saves those such as Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps for heavenly bliss.
This is wonderful! You sling monkey poop with every stupid comment you make to fit your warped view of religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 4 hr seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web