Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687344 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#519020 Mar 4, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Do you get sexually satisfied posting about clergy? You have an odd obsession for clergy? You sure do.
Maybe if the clergy were good looking women.(lol)
Michael

Canada

#519021 Mar 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when reading this because it's so absurd (and because you have a way with words, DS!)-- ;)
I noticed Pope Benedict's "boyfriend" was brought up again today by mikey. I don't want to criticize, but I think a certain recent occurrence was a huuge mistake and won't last long, nor should it! I'm afraid some otherwise knowledgeable Catholics can have a mistaken notion about a few certain biblical admonitions and fail to use discernment.
I wonder if we're now going to be blamed for the war in the Ukraine? I remember my mother always saying that the devil was on the prowl particularly around the holidays.
.....Yes RhegheenaM.......... Bendicts boyfriend was bishop Georg. Georg with no e on the end. Probably pronounced Zsheeroshhh.

....Google...... pope Benedicts boyfriend .......and dozens of threads will pop up giving you the information you desire.

...I bring the catholic news they should know, but don't want to know.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#519022 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Perfect translated from the Koine Grrek word artios means to be complete.
Throughly equiped is translated from the Koine Greek word exartizo and means to equip fully (a teacher.
There are no degrees of being perfect nor of being fully furnished....in like manner, when a woman is made pregnant, nothing will make her more pregnant....
In other words Oxbow, aka ITB, is adding to the Bible by selectively translating it into Greek words chosen for their capacity to be mistranslated back into English words that will change the meaning of Scripture. What she presents is not Biblical, but that's Oxbow for you.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#519023 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my words to be gospel truth...quote: You can't fulfill my request because there is not one Word in my post that is not gospel truth....Foot-In-Mouth...
Oxbow, aka ITB,
You might quote the Bible more or less accurately. That doesn't mean you're telling "gospel truth". That's why people who testify are asked if they're telling "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth". You don't. Maybe that's why you were excommunicated?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#519024 Mar 4, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Yes RhegheenaM.......... Bendicts boyfriend was bishop Georg. Georg with no e on the end. Probably pronounced Zsheeroshhh.
....Google...... pope Benedicts boyfriend .......and dozens of threads will pop up giving you the information you desire.
When I googled "Michael from Hamilton, Ontario is an idiot" I got 38 million hits. Of course that means it's got to be true.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#519025 Mar 4, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
In my study and research, I've yet to find dishonesty in Gnosticism.
Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.

https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#519026 Mar 4, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, that was easy.

This is boring, there's no challenge anymore...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#519027 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your search engine to see my source....not sources lying snake.
In other words Oxbow, aka ITB, made it all up.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519028 Mar 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Oversimplification in your thinking June. I don't make light of any horrors..
If you didn't make light OF the horrors, you wouldn't have gone to Catholicism in the first place.

You wanted to believe you were special and that is what Catholicism taught and teaches ... "If you are Catholic, you WILL be saved and go to heaven."

You weren't even satisfied with being a Protestant, as you thought the goal wasn't as LOFTY as was Catholicism.

Now you don't know what you believe ... except you are certain that you are Centered in a state of eternal bliss of one sort or another ... aligned to the thinking of the ex-Jew Jesus.

Ridiculous delusions!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519029 Mar 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
lol. Being "centered" is a common theme in all religions. But in the Orthodox Church it has been a little more explored, than the RC and later Protestantism, in Christianity. This is nothing new for me, but perhaps a rediscovery of some seminars/teachings I had back in the early 90's.
To imply that you are centered, automatically implies that others are Off-center.

You just don't GET a picture of your own arrogant games Robert, because you don't want to see.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#519030 Mar 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When I googled "Michael from Hamilton, Ontario is an idiot" I got 38 million hits. Of course that means it's got to be true.
Only if it's on Gawker, Gay News, and the Huffington Post.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519031 Mar 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no place for vanity in heaven!
Prepare for hell's gates. Rumor has it that they swing "both" ways.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519032 Mar 4, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
So I like to be kind to Atheists! Big deal!!
But the fact that you are a Christian means that you don't believe that the creator is kind to Atheists ... double-talker!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#519033 Mar 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your search engine to see my source....not sources lying snake.
Cite your sources, thief.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#519034 Mar 4, 2014
lol.....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519035 Mar 4, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Your opinion is JUST THAT: YOUR OPINION... and that does not prevent you from bearing false witness.
KayMarie
Your "religious" opinion is also just only an opinion. Unless of course you believe you speak first-hand for a creator ... which from my opinion would make you a false witness.
Michael

Canada

#519036 Mar 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you have the first clue as to what the Church is and for what purpose, and I don't think you really care.
Your right Anthony! I haven't got a clue what your church is about, and neither do most catholics,(lol)

Below......

...Most catholics don't attend mandatory Sunday mass weekly. Bishops in america claim about only 1 in 4 catholics goes to mandatory Sunday mass.

...Most catholics use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful. Catholics aren't worried.

...Many divorced Catholics have new partners, the church says this is adultery. Catholics don't care what the church says.

....47,000 hard working dedicated american nuns under investigation by the Vatican, yet the Vatican is still cleaning up their own money laundering scandal, they were involved in no less for the second time in 25 years. Let's not forget the various leaks and worldwide sex abuse scandal.

Your right most Catholics don't give a lick. Can you blame them?(lol)
,......Its obvious Most Catholics today don't give a dam about the church, and the many scandals the church has been involved in are driving even more people away.

...I bring the news catholics don't care about. But they should.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#519037 Mar 4, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
As for rubbish, I don't think I have read a kind post from you. And that 'balls' statement was right out of the park of real Christianity.
You have insinuated that I will go to hell for not believing as you believe ... and you have referred to homosexuals as perverts and queers.

Is that part of your Christian way of showing love???
Michael

Canada

#519038 Mar 4, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't get to me Anthony.........no matter how silly you act in trying to.(lol)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#519039 Mar 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if it's on Gawker, Gay News, and the Huffington Post.
;O)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web