Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 25,031)

Showing posts 500,601 - 500,620 of532,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

LOL,LOL. I have a patient that's scheduled for a procedure today known as an EGD. We were laughing at the full pronunciation of the procedure because it has about 25 letters in. It's called an ESOPHAGOGASTRODUODENOSCOPY.... Now that's a mouth full,LOL.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> You said you went to Catholic school in the late fifties early sixties, you got angry at the nuns who were raising you. Did you get kicked out of your home? Or were you in a home for wayward girls? Either way, rosey posey puddin pie, you are wrong . You are always wrong because you never went to any parochial school in your life.
Actually
.I loved those nuns..they were like mothers,to us,!!! I'm sure they are in heaven ...
Rest of your post..garbage,

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...1870 and before are before Vatican II lol Ok Rose remain a complete idiot. It was explained very clearly in the article, by a priest in here and by many other Catholics, yet you persist in your limited understanding,and willful understanding and ignorance. We have tried to make you understand that in the Roman Rite it has been referred, but its not proper and the significants of why it is not used, how it came into play in English and why it is foreign. The Eastern Rites dont get it and Old JG would have a fit if he couldnt sarcastically use the term Roman. You dont get the point. You dont want to get the point. I'm sorry but the only thing odd here is you and your stupidity is noted again. And Yes at this point you are just being really stupid and willfully arrogant. Arrogance and stupidity are bad combinations.
I got your point...
But you have,folks,saying I'm lying ..an idiot ..never learned it...I was,in some,home..I hated the,nuns,etc...I loved those,ladies

I don't care,what Old,JG says,on the,subject ..he has,his,opinions..I have the knowledge taught me,..by CATHOLIC,nuns,and,priests...

And I was,explaining to you..why I ..ME...call it the,Roman Catholic Church ...it was,in the,catechism ...I thought you were,an older Catholic..can you HONESTLY say with no equivocation that neither you or your older Catholic relatives,did not learn that the,HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH was,the,one true,Church created by God, why it's,on my Baptism certificate,...etc..most likely on your parents,at least if not yours...

You guys,ars,entirely crazed on this,subject and,excluding generations,of folks,who grew,up Roman Catholic...I still find it odd....up to you ...

I've,given two links,to different version of the,Baltimore,Catechism 1 and,2 '

I think it's,question 135 ..not sure,but I showed that ...I DID NOT make this,up out of THIN AIR ...

It's,a,foolish derisive subject..That you all keep bringing up...

Call your Church what you will ..I'll call it what I learned..Roman Catholic ..which was,NEVER in my mind an insult ....or else,why teach it or write,it on documents..very silly denial

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

By the,way TH e y also taught LIMBO ...just saying things,change ..I cannot erase,my memory to suit you
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

marge wrote:
If you have an issue with another born-again believer you should bring it to the church God says,...
Thank God we know who the 'true church' is.
Yes!!! We "most definitely" DO know (who and what) the Church is!!!----The TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible (by the Early Church Fathers in 383, 393 and 397 ,"WHO WROTE IT")-------along with 2000 years of TRUE Sacred Church History confirm iit over and over and over again, that the TRUE Church has, is and will always be firmly grounded in Jesus Christ and in His visible, hierarchical authoritative Church with Bishops, elders and deacons-----ACTS 2. Paul re-a
Paul confirms, re-affirmed and supports this to be TRUE in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls The CHURCH ( not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
Bible only "fundamentalists" can (personal opinionize) the bible over and over again (making it mean ONLY WHAT EACH PERSON WANTS IT TO MEAN." as they have done since the Reformation,-----However---thi s anti-Catholic distortion of the TRUTH and mis-interpretation of Sacred Scripture WILL NEVER change the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the fact that Jesus Christ formed, established an initiated One True (visible authoritative Universal Church ----and it was CATHOLIC.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... are you claiming that all Catholics live outside of the norm ... or just Catholic "you?"
And according to you, are those outside the norm aligned to divinity, while those inside the norm are not aligned to divinity, and what makes you believe that that you are qualified to make such assessments?
June

Peace

I would not make the claim that all Catholics live outside the norm of society. Come on, that just wouldn't make any sense. I just speak for me.

Let me put it this way, it is easier to see the forest from a distance, than standing within that forest. So it is for me, and I think most people. So I think it is a bit easier for me to see. Having passed through many forests(religions) I can see them individually and collectively. My qualifications for such an assessment is simply that I watch and observe things. That's all....

At this time I am reading two books, among others, the first are the Discourses of Dorotheos of Gaza, and the second is The Heart of Awareness by Ashtavakra Gita. Both are very interesting "trees".

Peace

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you returned to the center of being a Christian, where you are no longer either a Protestant OR a Catholic.
Are you now a Gnostic spiritualist at your Center (with a capital C)...???
Hilarious!
June

Just trying to be a humble Christian.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your deluded opinion,because I share the good news of Gods kingdom,I'm displaying pride? How so?
You are "exhibiting" blatant PRIDE in your own ability to know truth when you see it.

I suggest that if you had even a semblance of humility, you would admit that you have an opinion and that you recognize that opinions might not be based on truth.

I have plenty of opinions ... but I don't claim to have spotted truth anywhere at any time, because I don't even know if absolute truth exists.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And let me straighten you out about one more thing here sister. I have never ever once told you you were going to hell. You hatched that lie yourself because I certainly never told you you're going to hell.
I do not believe in hell as many of the misguided believe hell to be. Nor does scripture teach hell as the misguided believers misunderstand the concept of what hell is and what its for.
If you are a Christian, you believe that Atheists will end up in hell ... whatever you interpret in your vivid imagination that hell means to you.

It's certain that you don't believe I will be in heaven with wonderful, saved, divine YOU.

What you leave out of your sermons is as plain to me as the garbage you preach.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> What fools these mortals be.
Did you "include" your self in that statement???
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I got your point...
But you have,folks,saying I'm lying ..an idiot ..never learned it...I was,in some,home..I hated the,nuns,etc...I loved those,ladies
I don't care,what Old,JG says,on the,subject ..he has,his,opinions..I have the knowledge taught me,..by CATHOLIC,nuns,and,priests...
And I was,explaining to you..why I ..ME...call it the,Roman Catholic Church ...it was,in the,catechism ...I thought you were,an older Catholic..can you HONESTLY say with no equivocation that neither you or your older Catholic relatives,did not learn that the,HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH was,the,one true,Church created by God, why it's,on my Baptism certificate,...etc..most likely on your parents,at least if not yours...
You guys,ars,entirely crazed on this,subject and,excluding generations,of folks,who grew,up Roman Catholic...I still find it odd....up to you ...
I think it's,question 135 ..not sure,but I showed that ...I DID NOT make this,up out of THIN AIR ...
Call your Church what you will ..I'll call it what I learned..Roman Catholic ..which was,NEVER in my mind an insult ....or else,why teach it or write,it on documents..very silly denial
No, you clearly didnt get the point.

It is quite simple really.. I said it is not properly termed the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope did not or would not say that. I know you don't care what Old JG says or others whey they say YOU ROMANS, YOU ROMISH, etc. as it is being used in derogatory fashion to demean and say you are not Christian. BTW when they were called Christians at Antioch in a way it was meant in a deragotory sense of those people who thought the Messiah had come arguing they were still under Roman Rule.

If a black person used the N word to describe themselves would they be doing so in derogatory fashion? If a white person called them that I know the reaction you will get. When Protestants referred to the Irish as Micks or Paddies or other terms it was not meant in a good manner. The Redskins, savages, I am sure that is what the Native Americans called themselves.
The insistance on referring the church as Roman Catholic neglects the Byzantine, Chaldean, Maronite or other Oriental rites which have their own customs but are very much a part of the church now and the in past. This is a foreign term to them. You are inisisting on not respecting the proper name and by doing so its seen as hostile.

There are variances in the Baltimore such as the 1954 Balimore Catechism where there is not reference. Ultimately the church rejects the branch theory. The Anglicans, Lutherans and others tried to incorporate the branch theory . The Oriental Orthodox church also makes the claim that that the other Orthodox and Catholics broke from them and they maintain the true church. When Ignatious the first known written term used Catholic and the council of Nicea the term Catholic was used for the church.

If when growing up all you knew is the term Roman Catholic I am sure you did not think of it in terms of being a negative. However a deeper understanding and of councils, various rites and so forth would have led to the knowledge that it was adjective that primarily in the English led may be construed as a badge of honor just as CHristians took that name by their detractors. Anglicans attempted to usurp Catholic as the Anglican Catholic church referring to themselves as Catholic. Sometimes protestants when arguing will grab an Anglican site referring to themselves as Catholic and use to to claim a beleif of the Church.
When someone says I am Catholic people dont as a rule ask, "Oh wich one Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist, Orential Orthodox?"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

I suggest that before humans vocalized and wrote of gods and goddesses ... there was no religion.

So it was only humans that started wars over religion.

Yet after all this time ... humans keep fighting and killing over who the gods love and will accept into eternal bliss ... and who the gods will reject to all the many man-created hells.

Other animals don't suffer from such debilitating pride.

They are far more fortunate.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I got your point...
It is quite simple really.. I said it is not properly termed the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope did not or would not say that. I know you don't care what Old JG says or others whey they say YOU ROMANS, YOU ROMISH, etc. as it is being used in derogatory fashion to demean and say you are not Christian. BTW when they were called Christians at Antioch in a way it was meant in a deragotory sense of those people who thought the Messiah had come arguing they were still under Roman Rule.

If a black person used the N word to describe themselves would they be doing so in derogatory fashion? If a white person called them that I know the reaction you will get. When Protestants referred to the Irish as Micks or Paddies or other terms it was not meant in a good manner. The Redskins, savages, I am sure that is what the Native Americans called themselves.
The insistance on referring the church as Roman Catholic neglects the Byzantine, Chaldean, Maronite or other Oriental rites which have their own customs but are very much a part of the church now and the in past. This is a foreign term to them. You are inisisting on not respecting the proper name and by doing so its seen as hostile.

There are variances in the Baltimore such as the 1954 Balimore Catechism where there is not reference. Ultimately the church rejects the branch theory. The Anglicans, Lutherans and others tried to incorporate the branch theory . The Oriental Orthodox church also makes the claim that that the other Orthodox and Catholics broke from them and they maintain the true church. When Ignatious the first known written term used Catholic and the council of Nicea the term Catholic was used for the church.

If when growing up all you knew is the term Roman Catholic I am sure you did not think of it in terms of being a negative. However a deeper understanding and of councils, various rites and so forth would have led to the knowledge that it was adjective that primarily in the English led may be construed as a badge of honor just as CHristians took that name by their detractors. Anglicans attempted to usurp Catholic as the Anglican Catholic church referring to themselves as Catholic. Sometimes protestants when arguing will grab an Anglican site referring to themselves as Catholic and use to to claim a beleif of the Church.
When someone says I am Catholic people dont as a rule ask, "Oh wich one Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist, Orential Orthodox?"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Early Catholic church fathers ... "We know truth, and so you will learn to be a Catholic, or we will put you to death."

Jews ... "But we were taught that Elohim loves us as his chosen few. Are you telling us that he changed his mind?

Early Catholic church fathers ... "Yes, that IS what we are telling you."

Jews ... "Well aren't you concerned that one day he will love only a new group of people when he tires of you?"

Early Catholic church fathers ... "NO ... because WE KNOW how to be holy and live up to his divine truth."

Jews ... "Is putting us to death part of Elohim's truth?"

Early Catholic church fathers ... "Yes it is. Jesus said he wants you slayed, and so we will slay you. And from now on God's name shall not BE Elohim. It shall simply be "God.'"

Jews ... "Well, since the Emperor Constantine gave you all the military support needed to make your new religion mandatory, I guess we will be put to death."

Early Catholic church fathers ... "You finally got it RIGHT."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Bullies used and use the names of gods to enforce their own religious policies.

There is nothing new about that vicious tactic.

Those with the most mighty military power were able to force others to belong to their own religions.

Before the Catholics, the Jews used their own military power to force other Jews into their own Jewish cults ... or die.

Some freedom of will ... HUH???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
By the,way TH e y also taught LIMBO ...just saying things,change ..I cannot erase,my memory to suit you
I never asked you to erase your memory to suit me. Nor have I referred to you as a born again wacko first assigned I believe by the Ramen god on this thread, which you lumped in all Catholics. However if someone says proudly I am a born again wacko if I use your logic and reason then I can refer to them as that because they have used the adjective. The term born again has various meanings amongst protestants and vary on who may be considered Christian.

As for Limbo, my objection is that you classified it as a dogmatic teaching, which it never was. Then you went on to say your church claims it never changes anything and you changed this. The church does not change dogma. You also then went to tangents on evolution which you are still clueless about making wild statements and you refuse to listen. I offered you the ability to learn from how it came about, I offered you the commission findings, I offered that it was discussed and prayed about. I offered the conclusion. It can be held as pious belief, nor is it the horror of all horrors. The fact of the matter is that the bible is not explicit in saying that babies automically go to heaven. If you reject that baptism is not necessary or has no healing effect and reject that we are born in original sin that is your choice. Augustine was arguing with those who were saying that they could attain heaven on their own merits and denying grace. With so many abortions now taking place the question came to a head.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Today in America, you can choose your own religion. But back in the day when kings and queens were either Catholic, or Protestant ... your religion had to match that of the king or queen in power.

If you didn't comply ... you were tortured and/or put to death.

Some FUN HUH???

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Those who sang the song "Give me that old time religion" had no idea for what they wished would come true.

William the Catholic-conqueror was a monster in god-garb. And the Catholics to this day praise him in their historical (hysterical) illusions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Catholic Encyclopedia

William the conqueror

As for William's ecclesiastical policy, he seems conscientiously to have carried out a programme of wise reform.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15642c.htm
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,I Never Say Anything Provocative, by John G. Diefenbaker comes the following.

The first great abolitionist was William the Conqueror. He was opposed to the death sentence. He said he did not believe in the death sentence and substituted maiming, the removal of arms, legs, eyes and ears. His reasoning was that the trunk must remain alive as a witness to the crimes.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I never asked you to erase your memory to suit me. Nor have I referred to you as a born again wacko first assigned I believe by the Ramen god on this thread, which you lumped in all Catholics. However if someone says proudly I am a born again wacko if I use your logic and reason then I can refer to them as that because they have used the adjective. The term born again has various meanings amongst protestants and vary on who may be considered Christian.
As for Limbo, my objection is that you classified it as a dogmatic teaching, which it never was. Then you went on to say your church claims it never changes anything and you changed this. The church does not change dogma. You also then went to tangents on evolution which you are still clueless about making wild statements and you refuse to listen. I offered you the ability to learn from how it came about, I offered you the commission findings, I offered that it was discussed and prayed about. I offered the conclusion. It can be held as pious belief, nor is it the horror of all horrors. The fact of the matter is that the bible is not explicit in saying that babies automically go to heaven. If you reject that baptism is not necessary or has no healing effect and reject that we are born in original sin that is your choice. Augustine was arguing with those who were saying that they could attain heaven on their own merits and denying grace. With so many abortions now taking place the question came to a head.
The only reason you are a Catholic is because you believe that the one god in the sky favors only Catholics.

You refuse to study history from an objective point of view. So important to you is the idea that an ex-Jew turned Catholic came to save you for eternal bliss, you will not even chance to peek out of your silly box of dogmas that you keep on regurgitating as the only truth in the universe.

What a shame you are so bloated up with PRIDE!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Muslims in this era will kill for "Allah" but I've never heard of them being as vicious as was William the conqueror.

Yet the Catholics on this forum look down their noses at the Muslims as being cruel.

Live and learn Catholics ... or NOT. It is your choice.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The first great abolitionist was William the Conqueror. He was opposed to the death sentence. He said he did not believe in the death sentence and substituted maiming, the removal of arms, legs, eyes and ears. His reasoning was that the trunk must remain alive as a witness to the crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 500,601 - 500,620 of532,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 8,118
More 12 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 17 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 22 hr Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••