Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,383
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518606 Mar 2, 2014
Those who sang the song "Give me that old time religion" had no idea for what they wished would come true.

William the Catholic-conqueror was a monster in god-garb. And the Catholics to this day praise him in their historical (hysterical) illusions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Catholic Encyclopedia

William the conqueror

As for William's ecclesiastical policy, he seems conscientiously to have carried out a programme of wise reform.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15642c.htm
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“I Never Say Anything Provocative,” by John G. Diefenbaker comes the following.

The first great abolitionist was William the Conqueror. He was opposed to the death sentence. He said he did not believe in the death sentence and substituted maiming, the removal of arms, legs, eyes and ears. His reasoning was that the trunk must remain alive as a witness to the crimes.

Quesnel, Canada

#518607 Mar 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I never asked you to erase your memory to suit me. Nor have I referred to you as a born again wacko first assigned I believe by the Ramen god on this thread, which you lumped in all Catholics. However if someone says proudly I am a born again wacko if I use your logic and reason then I can refer to them as that because they have used the adjective. The term born again has various meanings amongst protestants and vary on who may be considered Christian.
As for Limbo, my objection is that you classified it as a dogmatic teaching, which it never was. Then you went on to say your church claims it never changes anything and you changed this. The church does not change dogma. You also then went to tangents on evolution which you are still clueless about making wild statements and you refuse to listen. I offered you the ability to learn from how it came about, I offered you the commission findings, I offered that it was discussed and prayed about. I offered the conclusion. It can be held as pious belief, nor is it the horror of all horrors. The fact of the matter is that the bible is not explicit in saying that babies automically go to heaven. If you reject that baptism is not necessary or has no healing effect and reject that we are born in original sin that is your choice. Augustine was arguing with those who were saying that they could attain heaven on their own merits and denying grace. With so many abortions now taking place the question came to a head.
The only reason you are a Catholic is because you believe that the one god in the sky favors only Catholics.

You refuse to study history from an objective point of view. So important to you is the idea that an ex-Jew turned Catholic came to save you for eternal bliss, you will not even chance to peek out of your silly box of dogmas that you keep on regurgitating as the only truth in the universe.

What a shame you are so bloated up with PRIDE!

Quesnel, Canada

#518608 Mar 2, 2014
Muslims in this era will kill for "Allah" but I've never heard of them being as vicious as was William the conqueror.

Yet the Catholics on this forum look down their noses at the Muslims as being cruel.

Live and learn Catholics ... or NOT. It is your choice.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The first great abolitionist was William the Conqueror. He was opposed to the death sentence. He said he did not believe in the death sentence and substituted maiming, the removal of arms, legs, eyes and ears. His reasoning was that the trunk must remain alive as a witness to the crimes.

Quesnel, Canada

#518609 Mar 2, 2014
I guarantee that if you study your own religious heritage ... you will no longer be so PROUD!

Many white ex-Christians "chose" to convert to the Native Indian religious ways of believing and behaving.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book … The Invasion Within … The Contest of Cultures in Colonial North America by James Axtell.

Epilogue:

The Indians’ conversion of hundreds of “civilized” captives to “savage” life tore from the hands of the colonists, however briefly, their sharp conceit as the “chosen people” of God and their unexamined faith in the superiority of their own customs and opinions. With Montaigne we can only regret that the invaders, stripped bare and defenseless, did not seize the moment for self-understanding, tolerance, and true humiliation.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#518610 Mar 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I got your point...
But you have,folks,saying I'm lying ..an idiot ..never learned it...I was,in some,home..I hated the,nuns,etc...I loved those,ladies
I don't care,what Old,JG says,on the,subject ..he has,his,opinions..I have the knowledge taught me,..by CATHOLIC,nuns,and,priests...
And I was,explaining to you..why I ..ME...call it the,Roman Catholic Church ...it was,in the,catechism ...I thought you were,an older Catholic..can you HONESTLY say with no equivocation that neither you or your older Catholic relatives,did not learn that the,HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH was,the,one true,Church created by God, why it's,on my Baptism certificate,...etc..most likely on your parents,at least if not yours...
You guys,ars,entirely crazed on this,subject and,excluding generations,of folks,who grew,up Roman Catholic...I still find it odd....up to you ...
I've,given two links,to different version of the,Baltimore,Catechism 1 and,2 '
I think it's,question 135 ..not sure,but I showed that ...I DID NOT make this,up out of THIN AIR ...
It's,a,foolish derisive subject..That you all keep bringing up...
Call your Church what you will ..I'll call it what I learned..Roman Catholic ..which was,NEVER in my mind an insult ....or else,why teach it or write,it on documents..very silly denial
I never paid attention to what it says on my birth certificate but I will dig it up today and take a look....Hope all is well with you. God Bless

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#518611 Mar 2, 2014
marge wrote:
That's what happens when you try to reason with DS, Rosie.
Well calling someone an idiot is not the best form of comm u indication for sure:)

Not everything anyone,says,is,meant in derision was,MY POINT..cannot get them to see,that ..oh well

Location hidden

#518612 Mar 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I never asked you to erase your memory to suit me. Nor have I referred to you as a born again wacko first assigned I believe by the Ramen god on this thread, which you lumped in all Catholics. However if someone says proudly I am a born again wacko if I use your logic and reason then I can refer to them as that because they have used the adjective. The term born again has various meanings amongst protestants and vary on who may be considered Christian.
As for Limbo, my objection is that you classified it as a dogmatic teaching, which it never was. Then you went on to say your church claims it never changes anything and you changed this. The church does not change dogma. You also then went to tangents on evolution which you are still clueless about making wild statements and you refuse to listen. I offered you the ability to learn from how it came about, I offered you the commission findings, I offered that it was discussed and prayed about. I offered the conclusion. It can be held as pious belief, nor is it the horror of all horrors. The fact of the matter is that the bible is not explicit in saying that babies automically go to heaven. If you reject that baptism is not necessary or has no healing effect and reject that we are born in original sin that is your choice. Augustine was arguing with those who were saying that they could attain heaven on their own merits and denying grace. With so many abortions now taking place the question came to a head.
I believe that what Rose is saying is that things have changed in the teaching of your church. Dogma or not her point is that teachings have changed.....

Quesnel, Canada

#518613 Mar 2, 2014
There is no humiliation in claiming to know truth that quite obviously still remains a mystery.

I can believe that super-intelligent beings came in on a space-ship and they were the first humans ... or I can believe that monkeys were the forerunners of the human-race ... or I can believe that a god blessed my early ancestors with the only truth in the universe, et cetera. But all I have on which to base my claims is fantasy ... and your fantasy might be as credible or as silly as mine.

I suggest that we get real with each other and admit that we don't know.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#518614 Mar 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
MY POINT WAS..not everything said is,derisive..You all SHOUKD acknowledge we don't ALL hate Catholics...

I said I was,taught LIMBO..period...also Roman Catholic Church ...that's,a fact

You called me an idiot..clay referred to us as born again whakos...your other friend is in a class by herself with her gutter talk....

You folks most certainly do not express yourselves well..no matter how educated you sound...I have never once felt a,need to call names,on here..nor will I..

I don't know,why you guys,do

Enjoy your day ...as,far as I'm concerned the Church I grew up in ,is,Roman Catholic..

But I'd be more concerned with the words,you all use than the name you guys here hate to use ANY MORE '' it's a,better indicator of your Church in my opinion..

Imagine people ..total strangers,reading the,posts,of some of yourselves...just a thought

Quesnel, Canada

#518615 Mar 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well calling someone an idiot is not the best form of comm u indication for sure:)
I would rather you be up front about your feelings towards me and refer to me as an idiot, than to carry on believing (under cover) that I will end up in hell while you will be rewarded with eternal bliss.

That bullshit of hell for others and heaven for you is over-rated and is a far worse insult than calling me an idiot.

I already know that I'm an idiot ... but I don't want to be put upon by your religious dogma that a god will favor you and not me.

THAT I take is an insult!

Location hidden

#518616 Mar 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you clearly didnt get the point.
It is quite simple really.. I said it is not properly termed the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope did not or would not say that. I know you don't care what Old JG says or others whey they say YOU ROMANS, YOU ROMISH, etc. as it is being used in derogatory fashion to demean and say you are not Christian. BTW when they were called Christians at Antioch in a way it was meant in a deragotory sense of those people who thought the Messiah had come arguing they were still under Roman Rule.
If a black person used the N word to describe themselves would they be doing so in derogatory fashion? If a white person called them that I know the reaction you will get. When Protestants referred to the Irish as Micks or Paddies or other terms it was not meant in a good manner. The Redskins, savages, I am sure that is what the Native Americans called themselves.
The insistance on referring the church as Roman Catholic neglects the Byzantine, Chaldean, Maronite or other Oriental rites which have their own customs but are very much a part of the church now and the in past. This is a foreign term to them. You are inisisting on not respecting the proper name and by doing so its seen as hostile.
There are variances in the Baltimore such as the 1954 Balimore Catechism where there is not reference. Ultimately the church rejects the branch theory. The Anglicans, Lutherans and others tried to incorporate the branch theory . The Oriental Orthodox church also makes the claim that that the other Orthodox and Catholics broke from them and they maintain the true church. When Ignatious the first known written term used Catholic and the council of Nicea the term Catholic was used for the church.
If when growing up all you knew is the term Roman Catholic I am sure you did not think of it in terms of being a negative. However a deeper understanding and of councils, various rites and so forth would have led to the knowledge that it was adjective that primarily in the English led may be construed as a badge of honor just as CHristians took that name by their detractors. Anglicans attempted to usurp Catholic as the Anglican Catholic church referring to themselves as Catholic. Sometimes protestants when arguing will grab an Anglican site referring to themselves as Catholic and use to to claim a beleif of the Church.
When someone says I am Catholic people dont as a rule ask, "Oh wich one Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist, Orential Orthodox?"
For the most part, when the average person says I am Catholic, most will not ask about the the others because they are not knowledgeable about the others as some of you are. When I hear the word Catholic I think of the church in Rome, Most do, Not all Catholic's have the knowledge that the Catholic's on this forum do and of coarse non Catholic's don't. Peace

Quesnel, Canada

#518617 Mar 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everything anyone,says,is,meant in derision was,MY POINT..cannot get them to see,that ..oh well
Do you think you are "polite" when you look down your nose at others as only being worthy of hell if they don't place FAITH in your religion???

I have news for you. You are NOT polite!!!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#518618 Mar 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I believe that what Rose is saying is that things have changed in the teaching of your church. Dogma or not her point is that teachings have changed.....
Exactly..And that not everyone who says,Roman Catholic is,being derisive ...saying a,name,I LEARNED is, not being an idiot ...IMO..

Quesnel, Canada

#518619 Mar 2, 2014
I never came on forums to be feign being polite, or to make "friends."

I came to be honest with how I view the issues period.

If I think someone is willfully being an idiot, that is my right to express such feelings.

I've been labeled as a witch, a bitch, a heretic, a demon, a liar, a fraud, a murderer, amoral, immoral, bat-shit crazy and a whole lot of other terms of endearment, and I take it all in stride, without whining or reporting anything to the Topix moderators.

If you can't take the insults without whining, I suggest you go back to your churches where they will tell you what pleases your fantasies, as the forum is definitely not the place for you.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#518620 Mar 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I believe that what Rose is saying is that things have changed in the teaching of your church. Dogma or not her point is that teachings have changed.....
Things have changed with the Orthdoox as well, but not Dogma.

When you say your church says it never changes and you are corrected that it does not change dogma and use a theoligical debate to try to prove something which was never claimed its not a point at all. All that was asked, is that it be acknowledge as such. It was not denied that the Limbo as a belief was never taught.

Quesnel, Canada

#518621 Mar 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>When I hear the word Catholic I think of the church in Rome, Most do, Not all Catholic's have the knowledge that the Catholic's on this forum do and of coarse non Catholic's don't. Peace
The church fathers in Rome claimed to know the absolute truth from God.

Catholics of today don't believe the same as the original Catholics, or they would be out burning innocent humans as heretics at the stake.

Modern Catholicism is simply shape-shifted fluff, as is modern Protestantism compared to the original nut-case Protestantism of Martin Luther who wanted starving peasants put to death for rebelling against "god's" will.

Bunkology

Quesnel, Canada

#518623 Mar 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly..And that not everyone who says,Roman Catholic is,being derisive ...saying a,name,I LEARNED is, not being an idiot ...IMO..
Why won't you post directly to me?

Do you think you are "polite" when you look down your nose at others as only being worthy of hell if they don't place FAITH in your religion???

I have news for you. You are NOT polite!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#518624 Mar 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that if Jesus lived, he would have stayed faithful to Judaism???

Come ON ... try being honest with your self.

You will see that it makes you feel better, and when you feel better about your self you will not want to hide.

Quesnel, Canada

#518625 Mar 2, 2014
This was the original Catholicism. THEY meant "business."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

AD

342: Christian Emperors Constans and Contantinus create a law against samesex marriages.

390: homosexuality is declared a crime in several Christian empires&#894; those found guilty are sentenced to be burnt alive in public.

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/cbarre/global%20...
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#518626 Mar 2, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your limited knowledge on the broader view has been explained several times.It is your refusal to acknowledge that while somehow thinking you have a point is irrelevant.

It has been made abundantly clear to you that not everyone using the term is derisive, but you insist it on using it. What was said to you is that it is, was and continues to be used by some in that fashion and its not the proper name and a name foreign to other rites of the church. It is primarily in English use, it came about primarily of Anglicans and it was explained in detail that the councils took great care to not use the term. It was pointed out that not all use in the perjorative. It is not used in documents, it is not said in the creed. If you insist on using the adjective and argue it with what you were taught with limited understanding of the broader is not an intelligent nor cohesive argument. We have told you repeatedly that some Catholics do not use it in a negative sense. What we asked is that you acknowledge that others do and gave you the reasoning of the church and the documents and that it is NOT proper. You now know, therefore if you persist in using it when you have been told this we can only assume that you wish to remain hostile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr im free 8,871
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web