Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#518909 Mar 3, 2014
Protestants and Catholics arriving in heaven ... pushing and shoving and shouting as they enter the pearly gates.

God ..."I've been waiting all my life to meet you and give you these word of wisdom. Shut the f*ck up. I don't want to here another word out of any of you ... EVER."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518910 Mar 3, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she interpreted incorrectly.
We pointed that out. She refused to acknowledge it. It doesn't fit in with her ideology.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#518911 Mar 3, 2014
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Vulgate, The,

In middle life Jerome began the study of Hebrew, and made a new version of the Old Testament from the original Hebrew, which was completed A.D. 404. The critical labors of Jerome were received with a loud outcry of reproach. He was accused of disturbing the repose of the Church and shaking the foundations of faith.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518912 Mar 3, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Maybe she interpreted incorrectly.

----------
I didn't 'interpret'.
KM
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518913 Mar 3, 2014
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
You do know that almost ALL of the Christians in Syria are Orthodox or Catholic. Thank you for including us in your designation of "Christian" if that's what you meant by your comment on the persecution in Syria.

----------
My comment was simply that the Christians (of any denomination) were not receiving help.

KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#518914 Mar 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama says he's a protestant Christian, goes to protestant Christian services with other protestant Christians. The "Catholics" in Kay's gossip column today are not "Catholics".
Oh please,..You know better...
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#518915 Mar 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Vulgate, The,
In middle life Jerome began the study of Hebrew, and made a new version of the Old Testament from the original Hebrew, which was completed A.D. 404. The critical labors of Jerome were received with a loud outcry of reproach. He was accused of disturbing the repose of the Church and shaking the foundations of faith.
I wish all you spoke was Hebrew.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518916 Mar 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please,..You know better...
And you know better about frauds like Pelosi and Biden, but that doesn't stop you from mentioning them ever other day. I know Obama is a poor representative of protestantism, just like Pelosi and Biden of Catholicism, so let's just agree to leave those fakes out of the discussion.

Kay decided today, completely out of the blue, totally unprovoked, to cite an article where supposed "Catholics" were persecuting evangelicals in Mexico only to find out they are in no way associated with the local diocese or the Church. Instead of acknowledging it she replied with sarcasm and smart alec remarks. It'd be nice if her protestant brethren would stand up for truth instead of circling her wagon once in a while.
YTube

Marietta, GA

#518917 Mar 3, 2014
.

POPE Francis New Controversy --- BILLIONS to die.

http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo

.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518918 Mar 3, 2014
Only catliks claim that if a Catholic doctrinal teaching is not supported by scripture, it is not a wrongful act......that there is no need for the Inspired Word of God to support that teaching...nor any other taught by dead men or the poope!!!!

WHERE does it say in the bible that not EVERYTHING (every word, every phrase, every sentence) is not in the bible and that only catliks have been given the "extras"....Magister ium and Tradition that trump His Word......i

In addition where does it say in the bible that God chose to transmit His infallible and inspired Word , anywhere else but in the Bible. You got this one right!!!! The answer is NOWHERE!!!!......

You catliks follow the lies of your dead "saints" and the poope over the Word of God.The catlik bible has books added to it that are not the inspired Word of God....they are not included in the Christian Bible....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518919 Mar 3, 2014
The RCC is a denomination.....Christ built no denomination/s...It is the largest in the USA....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#518920 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Maybe she interpreted incorrectly.
----------
I didn't 'interpret'.
KM
If it wasn't true the local priest should denounce these people as not members, and how could the whole media get it wrong?

I've always believed it's the false doctrine the CC teaches which has no power to transform lives that causes catholics to remain sinners.

oh and another current article on the subject;

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/evangel...

Many blessings to you and Gif, love marge.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#518921 Mar 3, 2014
No matter how ludicrous the superstition, if it's deeply engrained in the psyche, it is sometimes almost impossible for the believer to get beyond the superstition. Fear ties believers to the cults.

The emotional abuse within the cults is that they teach you if you leave the cults you will spend eternity in hell.

They need you to put faith in the existence of hell and a devil and a punishing god. If you didn't put faith in such negativity, you would have no fear, and the theologians in turn would have no power over you.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#518922 Mar 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know better about frauds like Pelosi and Biden, but that doesn't stop you from mentioning them ever other day. I know Obama is a poor representative of protestantism, just like Pelosi and Biden of Catholicism, so let's just agree to leave those fakes out of the discussion.
Kay decided today, completely out of the blue, totally unprovoked, to cite an article where supposed "Catholics" were persecuting evangelicals in Mexico only to find out they are in no way associated with the local diocese or the Church. Instead of acknowledging it she replied with sarcasm and smart alec remarks. It'd be nice if her protestant brethren would stand up for truth instead of circling her wagon once in a while.
You really think these publications would All lie? And many of them mention the participation in the catholic rituals and money for them. Blessings Anthony
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518923 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't true the local priest should denounce these people as not members, and how could the whole media get it wrong?
I've always believed it's the false doctrine the CC teaches which has no power to transform lives that causes catholics to remain sinners.
oh and another current article on the subject;
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/evangel...
Many blessings to you and Gif, love marge.
The local bishop (he's the big shot) did denounce them as "not members". You might want to think about reading the articles you post them marge.

"The Roman Catholic Bishop of San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Felipe Arizmendi, has denied ties with the "traditional Catholics".

Arizmendi declared that the "so-called traditional Catholics, who do not depend on our diocese, do not take into account the Bible nor the laws of this country, but are governed by their own agreements and traditions," according to Mexico City's La Jornada newspaper on February 8."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518924 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think these publications would All lie? And many of them mention the participation in the catholic rituals and money for them. Blessings Anthony
Lie? The MSM lie about something? Never!!!! Lol.

Marge, they are a group who has been denounced by the bishop as not being part of the Catholic Church. Are you sure you're feeling well tonight?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#518925 Mar 3, 2014
"Many of the conflicts arise from community leaders demanding evangelicals pay quotas for Catholic festivals, according to Compass."
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#518926 Mar 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
No matter how ludicrous the superstition, if it's deeply engrained in the psyche, it is sometimes almost impossible for the believer to get beyond the superstition. Fear ties believers to the cults.
The emotional abuse within the cults is that they teach you if you leave the cults you will spend eternity in hell.
They need you to put faith in the existence of hell and a devil and a punishing god. If you didn't put faith in such negativity, you would have no fear, and the theologians in turn would have no power over you.
You need to get some.Really.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#518927 Mar 3, 2014
According to the World Evangelical Alliance Religious Liberty Commission, persecution of protestant Christian is likely the result of Mexico's association of Protestantism with America. Traditional Mexicans view Protestant Christianity as a threat to their culture, tradition, and Catholic faith, especially given the number of Mexicans in recent decades that have changed to evangelical Christianity after reading the Bible.

Mexico is composed of 89 per cent Roman Catholic and only six per cent Protestant.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#518928 Mar 3, 2014
Oh I love this part!:)

"especially given the number of Mexicans in recent decades that have changed to evangelical Christianity after reading the Bible."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web