Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641091 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518819 Mar 3, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
President Obama says he's a protestant Christian, goes to protestant Christian services with other protestant Christians. The "Catholics" in Kay's gossip column today are not "Catholics".

----------
Isn't he sweet? LOL
Kay didn't gossip...only cut and pasted a news item...

P.S. Everyone knows that "O" says whatever he thinks will help his political position at the moment.(The proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing...)

KayMarie
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518820 Mar 3, 2014
Two things stand out in your daily gossip column. First, you dug around for an article from 2007. Why you felt the need to search for and post something from 7 years ago says a lot about you. Secondly, the folks doing this (as attested to by the PROTESTANT writer that Dust Storm linked) are NOT Catholic.
From the protestant FUNDAMENTALIST writer;
"But this story about shameful treatment of Mexican evangelicals by “Catholics”, is extremely unfair.....Instead, these “Catholics” are really folks who have begun to mix their own idolatrous and paganistic practices with their Catholic practices and beliefs. They also have added their own laws, traditions, and what have to you to Catholicism. Further, they have disassociated themselves with and have nothing to do with any Catholic diocese or anything else connected to Rome. Hard core Catholic bashers – a road which I was heading down until a preacher showed me the error of my ways – would say “six of one, half a dozen of another”, but to me that is the same thing as tarring fundamentalist and evangelical Christians by associating us with people like Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Adolph Hitler, those who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors, David Koresh, and those people who disrupt funerals screaming homophobic slurs."

----------
More 'sweet'(if you call saccharin sweet)!

The article I posted came from Yahoo news TODAY.

I think we all know that Catholics mix with paganistic ideologies in other countries (maybe here, too).

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518821 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
President Obama says he's a protestant Christian, goes to protestant Christian services with other protestant Christians. The "Catholics" in Kay's gossip column today are not "Catholics".
----------
Isn't he sweet? LOL
Kay didn't gossip...only cut and pasted a news item...
P.S. Everyone knows that "O" says whatever he thinks will help his political position at the moment.(The proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing...)
KayMarie
This from the protestant EVANGELICAL who called your gossip column unfair:

"Hard core Catholic bashers – a road which I was heading down until a preacher showed me the error of my ways – would say “six of one, half a dozen of another”, but to me that is the same thing as tarring fundamentalist and evangelical Christians by associating us with people like Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Adolph Hitler, those who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors, David Koresh, and those people who disrupt funerals screaming homophobic slurs."

And one could also add President Obama to the list of protestants.

Point is Kay, you felt the need to paste a "news item" from 7 years ago that painted an ugly picture of the Catholic Church and it was thoroughly refuted by a fellow protestant evangelical fundamentalist. Why? Aren't we past this kind of thing here? I make every effort to avoid provoking protestants here with salacious "news items', are you not able to refrain?

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#518822 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
First: That one is not even a Christian, and certainly not a Protestant. He is sweeping anything Christian (of either group) under the rug.
Hahahahahaha

Your KJV is a joke, and yet you post those scriptures as being aligned to divine truth.

You hypocritical fraud!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Douay-Rheims Onlyists have not gone to some of the extremes of King James Onlyists. For example, they do not claim, as do some King James Onlyists, that their preferred translation was made under divine inspiration.

©2002 by Catholic Answers, Inc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518823 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
Two things stand out in your daily gossip column. First, you dug around for an article from 2007. Why you felt the need to search for and post something from 7 years ago says a lot about you. Secondly, the folks doing this (as attested to by the PROTESTANT writer that Dust Storm linked) are NOT Catholic.
"But this story about shameful treatment of Mexican evangelicals by “Catholics”, is extremely unfair.....Instead, these “Catholics” are really folks who have begun to mix their own idolatrous and paganistic practices with their Catholic practices and beliefs. They also have added their own laws, traditions, and what have to you to Catholicism. Further, they have disassociated themselves with and have nothing to do with any Catholic diocese or anything else connected to Rome. Hard core Catholic bashers – a road which I was heading down until a preacher showed me the error of my ways – would say “six of one, half a dozen of another”, but to me that is the same thing as tarring fundamentalist and evangelical Christians by associating us with people like Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh, Adolph Hitler, those who bomb abortion clinics and shoot abortion doctors, David Koresh, and those people who disrupt funerals screaming homophobic slurs."
----------
I think we all know that Catholics mix with paganistic ideologies in other countries (maybe here, too).
KayMarie
Really? Link please.

Regardless, it's been discredited as "unfair" by one of your own.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518824 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your doing the same thing insisting Obama is Christian.
Obama says he is.

The Mexican folks mentioned in Kay's Gossip Column have broken all ties to the Catholic Church.

Delta, Canada

#518825 Mar 3, 2014
The Puritans were the ones that wanted a new bible, and the king was under pressure to allow the writing of another lot of nonsense under the guise of being inspired by a god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

The Millenary Petition, 1603

This petition, supposedly representing a thousand Puritans, was presented to James I on his way to London. He granted a conference the following year, authorized a new version of the scriptures, and made a few concessions, but he insisted on conformity to the Prayer Book, which was only slightly changed.(Gee and Hardy, Documents Illistrative of English Church History. Cf. Fuller, Church History of Britain
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518826 Mar 3, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
KayMarie
And of course it wouldn't be the REAL Kay's Gossip Column if it didn't include and off-hand remark about us pagan Catholics right Kay?

Delta, Canada

#518827 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your doing the same thing insisting Obama is Christian.
Now you nitwits are wanting to pull Obama's brain-cells into pieces and see if HE passes the divine test of "god" ... or if he will go to hell.

What NEXT???

Delta, Canada

#518828 Mar 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I like my Christian Centeredness.....
You like your self-centeredness, and that was not meant as a compliment.

Heaven for you ... hell for others. Typical Christian philosophy.

Delta, Canada

#518829 Mar 3, 2014
If you lust-filled creature couldn't fight over religion ... what WOULD you fight over to pass your hours concerning self-centered entertainment???

I'm sure you would find some way to put your selves up on pedestals, while putting other people down.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#518830 Mar 3, 2014
Anthony, looks like its a current story;

Friday, February 28th, 2014

Some twenty-five Protestant families in Southern Mexico have had the water and electricity to their homes cut off and have been placed under virtual house arrest. The families’ refusal to participate in the traditional ceremonies of the Catholic Church has drawn the anger from village authorities for refusing to participate and fund the celebrations. A similar situation occurred in the same state in 2010 again targeting Protestant Christians.
http://www.persecution.org/category/countries...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#518831 Mar 3, 2014
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013

While the persecution of Christians by other Christians is rarely reported; but sadly, it is not unheard of. Morning Star News reveals an incident where religion became synonymous with political power in Mexico. Political discrimination is often committed under the guise of religion. In this instance, evangelical Christians were assaulted by traditional Catholics at the direction of a town leader. ICC suggest that this and similar incidents do not reflect zeal for religious purity, but rather indicate how a political monopoly responds to perceived threats to its power.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518832 Mar 3, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...None of these websites came through that shows you are a liar.
....You hate anyone not catholic. Very sad.
This is just more of your " ongoing" anti-catholic --shifting the blame---DIVERSION---that you try to get away with, Michael! Sorry to disappoint you--"But it won't work---with me or any other Catholic on this forum! We ALL know where you are coming from and what you are trying to PUSH with your "smear campaign" against Jesus Christ Himself and Hhis One True Apostolic a Catholic Church.. I' ll give you another chance to look up the Truth of the 42,000 plus number of a Protestant denomination......Type in " 42,000 Protestant denominations and (every one) of the sources that I gave you will come up !!!

Delta, Canada

#518833 Mar 3, 2014
Many times those in religion who have a great deal of suffering in their lives believe that it is “God” testing them.

If someone stated such a silly idea about human parents putting suffering on their children to test their endurance … no doubt they would be looked upon as lacking in any semblance of common sense.

Why a decent “god” would find it necessary to inflict pain on his followers is ridiculous … yet it seems that in religion most any silly nonsense will pass as being based on truth.

Delta, Canada

#518834 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
Some twenty-five Protestant families in Southern Mexico have had the water and electricity to their homes cut off and have been placed under virtual house arrest. The families’ refusal to participate in the traditional ceremonies of the Catholic Church has drawn the anger from village authorities for refusing to participate and fund the celebrations. A similar situation occurred in the same state in 2010 again targeting Protestant Christians.
Believing that people own divine truth has made them aggressive and violent in wanting others to believe as they believe.

Religion is not good. It teaches people to be VAIN right-fighters.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518835 Mar 3, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Translation: You can't back up your claims.
Dumb and dishonest is no way to go through life, child.
Translation: You are a proven lying snake....
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518836 Mar 3, 2014
[who="marge" Anthony, looks like its a current story;

----------
Thanks a bundle, Marge! TRUTH will stand when the world is on fire.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518837 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
Well this one from 2007 says basically the same thing, so it looks like your website is re-hashing old news and Kay is re-re-hashing on Kay's Daily Gossip Column.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/evangel...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518838 Mar 3, 2014
marge wrote:
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
While the persecution of Christians by other Christians is rarely reported; but sadly, it is not unheard of. Morning Star News reveals an incident where religion became synonymous with political power in Mexico. Political discrimination is often committed under the guise of religion. In this instance, evangelical Christians were assaulted by traditional Catholics at the direction of a town leader. ICC suggest that this and similar incidents do not reflect zeal for religious purity, but rather indicate how a political monopoly responds to perceived threats to its power.
Same group that are mentioned by the protestant fundamentalist writer who called the report "extremely unfair" because it tries to link these break-away "Catholics" to the Catholic Church when in fact they are not associated with any Catholic Diocese.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 45 min Electric-Blue 54
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr I recently left 10,097
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric Tue Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web