Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690443 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#518506 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
guest wrote:
except,of course those current calling themselves Atheists.
But, you get my drift.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
You can keep your "drift."
I don't believe that those in any religion are better off than others.
-
-
you are about as good as the Catholics telling others to "keep their drift" while deliberately missing the point.
-
-
THIS was my point:
-
LOL
By that token, then everyone alive are Atheists with new titles.
-
in response to your:
... "I suggest you keep in mind that all of the first Protestants were Catholics with a new title."
-
meaning that before anyone believes any religion, they first did not believe in God, period.

United States

#518507 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
LOL
By that token, then everyone alive are Atheists with new titles.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
The first Protestants were all Catholics with new titles.
Some people were raised as Atheists, and some such as my self became Atheists later by choice.
-
-
The first Catholics were Atheists with new titles.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#518508 Mar 1, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too (obviously). I guess they need a scapegoat, a dumping ground for their bile. Much easier to do that then to look within. We're not supposed to return insult for insult, but I'm not their dump, Anthony. I remember what you said, that when they insult and ridicule me that they're doing it to you and the others as well, that you feel it just as keenly, and of course you're right as we're one body. Along with forgiveness they require my pity.
Thank you.
+
Stop trying to keep this thing going....Its done and over....Peace to you

United States

#518509 Mar 1, 2014
I should more accurately say the First Catholics were Pagans with new titles.
But, not much more different than atheists of the day.

United States

#518510 Mar 1, 2014
This did not post correctly the first time, so I am posting it again:
-
guest wrote:
except,of course those currently calling themselves Atheists.
But, you get my drift.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
You can keep your "drift."
I don't believe that those in any religion are better off than others.
-
-
The first Catholics were Atheists with new titles.
-
-
and adding my addendum:
-
-
I should more accurately say the First Catholics were Pagans with new titles.
But, not much more different than atheists of the day.
-
-
*excuse my typing as my hands are gimpy and I must make many corrections, so it is very difficult and extremely time consuming to type.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518511 Mar 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, everything we do in observance of the Lenten season is biblical.
Do you guys do anything?
You got my interest....what Scripture supports your false teaching regards lent..

Location hidden

#518512 Mar 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you realize that "Catholicism" isn't a denomination.
Why then is the RCC reported as the largest denomination in the US????

Location hidden

#518513 Mar 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
To my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And maybe His Blessed Mother.
Did Christ say "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name" or did He say "After this manner therefore pray ye: Mary, Blessed Mother of Christ, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."
Michael

Canada

#518514 Mar 1, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was perfect like you Mike. The rest of us keep trying and trying until eventually, by God's grace, we hopefully get it right.
... Anthony says......perfect like you Mike....... Another snide remark from you.

....You always run to RaginaM every time you get the guilts? You are so predictable.

....Your actions, and comments are to do with self control, quit using God as your escape hatch to solve your problems.

...We will see how long your sincerity lasts this time. You have been down this road many many times.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#518515 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one of your Protestant clergymen.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………
Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.
(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.
I don't get it.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#518516 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping in mind that you were Protestant before you became Catholic ... would you now referring to the one god that loves Catholics ... or the one that used to love only the Jews ... or the one that loves Protestants ... while he rejects those in all other religions and Atheists and Agnostics.
You really must learn to be more specific Robert, or the one and only creator could become confused by what you want him to believe.
:)
June VanDerMark

Peace

You are quite right. Believing in so many things does make it hard for others. So I now try and take things just one day at a time. Although I am preparing my gardening areas, which will still take some time to dry out. We have had a lot of cold and wet weather.I hope that is not over-reaching, but I live more by the seasons, than by the clock now....

And so some people, like me, kind of live outside the norm of what society demands if that is okay with you?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#518517 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So then do you believe that the Protestants are worthy of heaven, and the Jews and the Hindus and the Muslims and the Wiccans ... that is ... without first becoming Catholic???
Come on liar! Let's see you back-peddle.
You claim to have the only truth from God, so you must believe that all other religions are NOT true. And if they are not true ... then your math equates to the idea that all those high numbers will end up in hell ... RIGHT???
June? Are they mistreating you in that freak show they call a rest home again? Just say the word and I'll come get you out of that place and you can live with me!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#518518 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that the creator is fair to all ... why did you feel a need to leave Protestantism to become Catholic???
Now watch Robert use flamboyant lingo to talk himself out of this corner.
June

I felt a need to leave behind what was insipid. I needed to find out things.

All in all, I found in leaving Protestantism, the need to go deeper into spiritual things.
Likewise, all in all, I have found that in leaving Catholicism, the need to go deeper into spiritual things.

To "Return to the Center", and become a Christian again. It has taken a long time to find my lost penny in the room....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#518519 Mar 1, 2014
Liam wrote:
Well that was a pleasant surprise at Mass this morning. The Cathedral was hosting a day retreat with Maronite, Byzantine and Roman Catholics. They were celebrating the Mass together beforehand. I wish I could have joined the retreat but I had to go.
I thought of you Rose, you would benefit by sitting with our eastern Catholic brothers and learning what "Roman" Catholic means.
M sure it was ...good for you.

The Roman Catholic Church named in my Catechism as the one true Church...etc...is the Church in which I was baptized..educated and in which I sang the Mass in Latin actually..I t says,so on all my documents,from the Roman Catholic Church..pope Pius called it the Roman Catholic Church ..

And my sister still attends,and serves in her Roman Catholic Chrch.written right on the sign as she goes in..

I will always call it that as my nuns, I m sure did not lie about what name we called our Church..
Nor did the Baltimore Catechism I memorized ..

I do not know why this,is,such a big deal that you could keep insisting I get the name from Protestants...it was written...taught and declared by every CATHOLic..I knew ...I'm not even sure I knew any Protestants ...it's,ridiculous...sorry it is..

I know there are now,Catholic Churches who have Mass,in different languages ...but it's,still the Roman Catholic Church with the Roman Catholic Pope at its head...IN ROME

Again..glad you enjoyed the,service ..I'm sure it was lovely yy
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518520 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so silly.
You state that Catholics know the whole truth and the only truth from God ... but if you don't know that God only saves Catholics what good is all that truth to you. For that matter, what good is your religion to you???
No good at all!!!
You might as well be a Muslim or "heaven forbid" ... an Atheist.
:)
Never said Catholics know the whole truth and the only truth from God. Where did you come up with that one?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518521 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I will ask you again ... Do you believe that if Jesus lived that he would have chosen to be resurrected as a Jew faithful to Judaism ... or as a turncoat to Catholicism?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
turn·coat noun \-&#716;k&#333;t\
: a person who stops being a member of a group in order to join another group that opposes it
He fulfilled the Jewish religion. It's called Catholicism.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518522 Mar 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my interest....what Scripture supports your false teaching regards lent..
Fasting, prayer, penitence.

All in the bible, no?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518523 Mar 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then is the RCC reported as the largest denomination in the US????
Who's doing the reporting? We don't secular sources or protestants define us. Sorry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518524 Mar 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Christ say "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name" or did He say "After this manner therefore pray ye: Mary, Blessed Mother of Christ, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."
Don't you know? I do.

You shouldn't spend so much time playing bible scrabble.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518525 Mar 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't GET it ... DO you???
I definitely " get it " June!!!!!!-- And I'm glad that I have it!!!!---Over 2000 years
The TRUE HISTORICAL and BIBLICAL TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. You believe what you want June---which is "nothing" anyway!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Married in 10,657
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web