Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699333 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#518303 Feb 28, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Your so called husband called Regina some very bad names. That is wrong . He shows that he is an abusive man. I feel sorry for you, really i do. I wonder if he beats you.
Your a joke..LOL

Location hidden

#518304 Feb 28, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text> Your so called husband called Regina some very bad names. That is wrong . He shows that he is an abusive man. I feel sorry for you, really i do. I wonder if he beats you.
from 2-4 pm mon wed and Fridays only...lol all the other days I beat him lol

Location hidden

#518305 Feb 28, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Only Mon thru Fri. It sounds like you have taken some blows to the head yourself.
Oh so now its Mon thru Friday. When did you change that?.....
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518306 Feb 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And YOU speak for ALL Catholic's world wide right? I got news for YOU..not ALL catholics are perfect like YOU
Sorry to disappoint you but I am " not perfect" and never claim to be perfect-----but in need of Gods Grace and forgiveness-----a sinner just like you and everyone else on this forum!!!

Location hidden

#518307 Feb 28, 2014
yeah really wrote:
And is it right what you and other Catholic's say to us?????
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518308 Feb 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Ever think that maybe he is here to knock your prideful self down a peg or two....That's why I am here....
Thanks!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518309 Feb 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....and just think, 10 hours ago you said we were friends.
We still are!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#518310 Feb 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you but I am " not perfect" and never claim to be perfect-----but in need of Gods Grace and forgiveness-----a sinner just like you and everyone else on this forum!!!
Neither was Mary. Only Jesus Christ was perfect. Comprende'
Michael

Canada

#518311 Feb 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But I've read that when something frightening happens, people flock to their places of worship in hopes that their insurance policies with the "creator" will still be "valid."
I don't believe that happens anymore. There wasn't a huge spike in attendance when 911 occurred. Not much frightens educated people today.

Location hidden

#518312 Feb 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhhh trust me your not disappointing me. Your disappointing yourself...

Location hidden

#518313 Feb 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!!!
Your very welcome!!!!!
Michael

Canada

#518314 Feb 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And is it right what you and other Catholic's say to us?????
..Be careful Sera they are trying to draw you into another Thursday night slug fest.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#518315 Feb 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You Could....You Would....and You Did...insult him ....that's really smart how you did that.....no one noticed ya right lol
Why are you reading my post to Mike? It doesn't concern you. You'd align with a Richard Dawkins if it meant trashing the Catholic Church.
You have allot in common with these guys. Are you really that naive?
Michael

Canada

#518316 Feb 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We still are!!!!
Good!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518317 Feb 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you stupid, you are also a liar.....
Thus I love to debate with the Ox. What better way to support my own beliefs and opinions than to have Oxbow argue against them?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518318 Feb 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are still an active sinner, then your religion hasn't helped you one iota.

So why are you preaching about the superiority of Catholicism???
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518319 Feb 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof you are a liar....your words:
What languages did Jesus use when He spoke during His ministry on earth. Hebrew? He was a Rabbi. Aramaic? It was a commonly used language in the area at the time. Latin? The Romans were the secular authority. Other languages? I don't know and neither do you. Whatever languages He used, His words might have been written and translated into a number of languages before they were written in Greek and then in Latin. They were eventually translated into a variety of other languages including English.
It's true that I am thoroughly unfamiliar with Koine Greek. It's also true that I trust the English translations of the Bibles that I use, and have no need to translate the English into Greek, skipping Latin in the process, so that I can translate it back into English with a meaning that is different than the meaning provided by the experts who translated the Bible into English from Latin in the first place. You evidently find it necessary to change the expert English translation you already have before you will accept the Bible. Why is that?
Thus I love to debate with the Ox. What better way to support my own beliefs and opinions than to have Oxbow argue against them?

Location hidden

#518320 Feb 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..Be careful Sera they are trying to draw you into another Thursday night slug fest.
I know.....that's what they do best...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518321 Feb 28, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Jesus Christ was perfect. Comprende'
According to your concept of truth, would that have been when he was a Jewish Rabbi, or after he became a turncoat???

:)
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518322 Feb 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Those words were directed to KM....but, I see now they also apply to you...with the exception referring to my spirit.....she brought that subject up,,,not you...
Wasn't it Nilsson who sang, "You don't have to have a point to have a point."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43