Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649837 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#518246 Feb 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think (by a far stretch of imagination) that a creator exists for the divine purpose of always agreeing with you???
:)
it's been my life's ambition ever since i got born again to always be in agreement with my Creator and therefore i can't help it if we sound alike when we try to communicate with you;-)
Michael

Canada

#518247 Feb 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What was your reason for posting this to begin with? Do you feel you should be congratulated for lighting a fire and then running to the creek for a bucket of water? This was your post from yesterday. After 2 or three days of non-stop attacks by the atheists and other non-Catholics on the board re-hashing an issue that has been beaten to death, you decide to enter the fray, totally out of the blue with the following:
Judged:Nuts3Mean3Disagree3
"I am in disbelief regarding an article concerning the tests the Catholic Church are going to use to detect potential sex offenders
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-chautin/e ...
This approach is uninformed, It poses "disguised questions" such as :
"Do you have the propensity to molest young boys? What about girls? If you become a messenger of God, will you exploit your powers to fulfill your sexual fantasies? Can you handle celibacy without having affairs with your parishioners?
In a pre-employment test for the priesthood, these questions will need to be answered. The questions will be cloaked with ambiguities so that the applicant will not be sure what the questions mean. The tester will gain insight to personal characteristics of the job applicant applying to enter the clergy. Unsuitable candidates will be disqualified."
Such a test is completely ineffective, archaic, and a throwback to the 60's. It will discern nothing re an offender's deviant sexual arousal system
There has been state of the art assessments for sex offenders on the market for a considerable period of time with the research validating them
The Catholic Church with its resources should have no difficulty contacting the experts that can point them in right direction. Who are they consulting with??"
...16 months ago you said you were leaving this forum.......Still here!
.....why don't you go over to the catholic answers forum where everyone agrees with everyone. You would like that.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#518248 Feb 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions you haven't answered, and they aren't "dead horses" either:
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are inspired, and where did "He" state the "He" did not?
Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught, if you claim to believe in him completely?
----------
Refresh my memory.....show me that post with those questions...
----------
You were quick to copy/paste your questions that you said I refused to answer........why are you refusing to honor my request???
Deflection.

Even after I post them, you still avoid answering them.

No - I am not going back through the 10s of thousands posts, don't be silly.

Either you are honest enough to answer them openly, or you've given me enough information to accept that you refuse to answer them.

So be it.

Albuquerque, NM

#518249 Feb 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Right
Left.

:o)
Michael

Canada

#518250 Feb 28, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dahmer was found cinically sane at his trial.
If you said you had moments of despair I would not assign that you felt abandoned by a God that you dont believe in. She did not want her darkest moments published. She did not want people to exploit them as you are doing against God. She assured the church that she had not lost her faith., The church against her wishes published her dark moments as well believing that the faithful can learn that all of us at times have despair and feelings of abandonment and our faith is tested, but we can endure. It they had not published them then I have no doubt at all that what she wrote as many do to herself her feelings and thoughts at times you would have said. SEE the church didnt want us to see that. CatholicMikeReporter Online a Catholic organanization. lol Bringing the News Fair and Balanced. ROTFL
......show me where she said all those things. You make stuff up on the fly like Casey Anthony did.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518251 Feb 28, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> When you cease yipping and barking in the chorus of your fellow junk yard dogs you will understand what happened and how iy happened.
As I said, pouring a bucket of water on a fire that you added fuel to is not brave or noble. I applaud you for your quick correction, but let's be honest, YOU made a post that was critical of the Catholic Church's assessment process with no provocation by anyone here. If you want to call me a dog, go for it, but had you refrained or spent the extra 30 seconds to see how wrong it was we could have avoided this latest flare up. I wonder sometimes whether there's a method behind your follow-up posts claiming to be the victim of some Catholic Gestapo plot...Munchausen syndrome comes to mind.

Albuquerque, NM

#518252 Feb 28, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Then came the sincerity of the Catholics in response:
1 None ever helped me find this info whether the assessment tools used on priests were sufficient
2 None cared to try themselves to find this info
3. None commented that I immediately corrected the inaccurate info I first posted within 30 seconds
4 No Catholic here that I recall ever corrected themselves ( maybe a couple)
5 None commented on the info itself ( I guess it didnt matter)
Instead they accused me of doing damage by my first post (damage in 30 seconds)
They accused me of posting the wrong info intentionally though I corrected myself.
Again the accusations of antiCatholic hate and God have mercy on my soul
This is a mockery of the Truth, decency,honesty. Your outrage is a mockery of Christianity,
I guess I am not the only one who feels this way.

Good.

Why does Christianity promote dishonesty?
- we've seen it with self proclamations
- we've seen it even after facts are posted

Do so-called "Christians" enjoy being dishonest?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#518253 Feb 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...16 months ago you said you were leaving this forum.......Still here!
.....why don't you go over to the catholic answers forum where everyone agrees with everyone. You would like that.
I'm e-hugging you Mike...hope you feel better.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518254 Feb 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection.
Even after I post them, you still avoid answering them.
No - I am not going back through the 10s of thousands posts, don't be silly.
Either you are honest enough to answer them openly, or you've given me enough information to accept that you refuse to answer them.
So be it.
You never asked those questions before is why you are not able to honor my request..

Make you a deal. Admit you never posed those questions until now. Answer my questions directly. If I ask you a "yes/no" question, you will respond as requested, and I will respond to your questions...otherwise, stay with egg on your face......
Michael

Canada

#518255 Feb 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm e-hugging you Mike...hope you feel better.
...Is this Hug goodbye?
Michael

Canada

#518256 Feb 28, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That never happens when they write something about the Church or what a Pope or Bishop said. Ask Mike the King of all truth. lol
...Any further posts from you to me will be monitored for quality control.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518257 Feb 28, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No they killed under the blanket of Atheism.
Jeffrey Dahmer who was found to be sane declared that there is no God, so there is no compulsion to fear anything from a mythical afterlife.
“Progress is Providence without God. That is, it is a theory that everything has always perpetually gone right by accident. It is a sort of atheistic optimism, based on an everlasting coincidence far more miraculous than a miracle.”– Wells and the World State, What I Saw in America
http://www.chesterton.org/discover-chesterton...
Jeffry Dahmer was a homosexual raised by Christian parents who taught him to hate his homosexuality and the homosexuality he recognized in others.

If he hated the image of their imaginary god he had every right to his feelings.

The theology of his own parents helped to drive Jeffry insane enough to commit murder.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518258 Feb 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you naturally stupid or do you work at it???? Try again....squinting may halp....
According to Ox who rejects the use of Greek dictionaries to interpret the Bible. LOL

Quesnel, Canada

#518259 Feb 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Most catholics don't practice what they preach.. Catholics claim receiving the Eucharist is the most important thing in their lives, yet today less than 25% of catholics attend mandatory Sunday mass, and less than 2% attend daily mass, and most catholic churches offer daily mass, where they can receive the Eucharist claimed to be the most important thing to them.........
....The actual numbers of attendanc does not come close to reflecting what catholics claim.
...who is zooming who?
Well, having been Catholic, you would know more about that issue from personal experience.

But from what I've studied of human nature, none of us practice much of what we preach, and that's what makes us human and what makes religion so phony.

Quesnel, Canada

#518260 Feb 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Mother Theresa claimed in her book she did not feel the presence of God in her later years. Its in her book...in her own words. Are you putting her in the same category as Dahmer? Are you claiming all atheists are lawbreakers?
And to top it off the Catholics and Protestants don't believe that the god created by the Jews exists ... even though they use the same imaginary one-god for their own religions ... of all the stupid nonsense.

And the Muslims pull the same stunt with their supposed one-god that they stole from the Jews.

Bunkology
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518261 Feb 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Mah words: Until you will acknowledge your idiotic belief that Christ taught for us to be His followers we must hate (defined by the English dictionary) our parents, our relatives, even ourselves, you are instructed to can it...
Hate: The English dictionary definition used by ITB AKA Tango Bravo to read what Christ taught...
a. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
b. To detest.
2. To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.
To feel hatred.
1. Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.
2. An object of detestation or hatred:
Your words regards same: I absolutely believe that Christ wanted us to be His followers. I absolutely do not agree with you that my belief is idiotic. You're inclined to post things I consider to be unchristian and this is certainly one of them.
I never said your belief that Christ wanted us to be His followers is idiotic. I said your insistence in using the English dictionary to define hate which shows that Christ did teach we are to feel hostility or animosity toward, detest, dislike or distaste for, feel hatred, intense animosity to our parents, relatives, even ourselves to be His followers is idiotic....and until you are willing to admit this is idiotic...you have been instructed to can it..
Oxbow's making stuff up again/still. I do use modern English dictionaries if I need the English definition of modern English translations of ancient text. What else would you propose we use to understand modern English translations provided by modern English experts?

You may have instructed me to can it, but I assure you no one takes instruction from the Ox. Humor perhaps, but not instruction.

Quesnel, Canada

#518262 Feb 28, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Theresa had periods despair and a feeling of abandonment as did many of the prophets and those in the Old and New Testament. Nevetheless she persevered to the end. Her personal moments of anguish she did not want people like to use as you are doing now.
Mother Teresa begged the hierarchy to dispose of her letters and never make them public.

Those in the hierarchy cared nothing about her feelings. They needed her letters to con followers into the idea that all upcoming "saints" suffered from confusion of belief, so "All you good Catholics, if you want to be saints in heaven, resign yourselves to the idea that your conscience might bother you as it bothered Mother Teresa, but it's all part of the experience of becoming a Catholic saint."

I suggest that's why they published her letters. All for the "good" of the organization.

Quesnel, Canada

#518263 Feb 28, 2014
Mother Teresa was a sick woman.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Missionaries of Charity

Hitchens portrays Mother Teresa's organization, the Missionaries of Charity, as a cult which has promoted suffering to further its own financial ends and does not help those in need. He argues that Teresa's own words on poverty proved that her intention was not to help people, citing a 1981 press conference in which she was asked: "Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" She replied: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Missionary_P...

Quesnel, Canada

#518264 Feb 28, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's been my life's ambition ever since i got born again to always be in agreement with my Creator and therefore i can't help it if we sound alike when we try to communicate with you;-)
Well, you Christians and Muslims all agree you serve the same god. You just don't agree that each other serves the god.

I think you are all full of nonsensical theology.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518265 Feb 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...,....The church isn't about saving sinners. Its about saving those who heartfully repent for their sins.
Catholics don' come to confession unless their repentance is from the heart!!!!
Yours is nothing but "double talk" Michael!......Responses like this only re-affirms the fact that you have no idea as to what you are talking about ---nor have you "ever" had any understanding about the TRUE faith of Catholic Christians ( in the Catholic Church)-----
No surprise to ANY of us Catholics!!!---It is "no wonder that you keep attacking and bashing the Catholic Church !!!.....It is the " only thing" that you desperately hang on to because you have "nothing else" with your atheism or agnosticism (or whatever you call yourself).....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 9 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 13 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web