Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590558 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517948 Feb 27, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Passive resistance! I didn't know that about Chesterton. Ghandi is a favorite and I have a few books here about him, but they don't mention Chesterton. I'm not surprised that Ghandi favored him, though.
Ghandi also thought of himself as a prestigious Hindu theologian.

He thought even though he was a Hindu, he could show the Indians how to use their individual religions to create peace. It was ironic that he was murdered BY one of his own Hindus for "wanting" to create peace among those who were intent on using their dogmas to right-fight.

Just as the Protestants and Catholics will probably never agree on who will be rewarded with the blissful state of "heaven," the Indians will probably never agree on who holds the place of prestige in Svargam.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#517949 Feb 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Great gospel in Mass today "whoever is not against us is for us" Mark 9: 38-40
Great things could happen if some of these sects could lose their false stereotypes and quite waging a futile battle against the Catholic faith. Certainly the internet has aided the new evangelization. For the first time in human history, people can find the truth with one click of the button.
But there is so much misinformation on the internet especially on utube., CNN,CBC,etc..How would you know if its reputable information?

Prince George, Canada

#517950 Feb 27, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many non-jews in Israel to begin with?
The question should be ... "Why are so many Jews now in Israel, which was only created as a state in 1948?" To claim that a group of people "originated" in Israel is very silly, as people have always been wanderers, searching out new places to live.

Because of all your biblical jargon implanted in your psyche, you believe the Jews "originated" in Israel, but before 1948, that word Israel simply meant (at least to the Jews)...

"Israel ... Judaism The Hebrew people, past, present, and future, regarded as the chosen people of God by virtue of the covenant of Jacob."

https://www.google.ca/#q=israel+definition

Location hidden

#517951 Feb 27, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text>Awww sera, why do you hate so? You are an uneducated idiot. I bet your hubby is twenty years older than you and keeps you on a short leash. Do you have to ask permission to go to the store? When you do, does he or she watch the clock and see how long it takes and does he or she beat you if your late?
Oh Huskey why do you have to be in insulting moron .Make's you feel good about yourself doesn't it. Again your perverted thoughts come out with the "he or she" remarks.

Prince George, Canada

#517952 Feb 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you missed the meaning of what Jesus was saying.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-fa...
And your Catholic theologians would know what the mythical ex-Jew-Jesus stated, because they wrote everything in the ex-Jews name.

Had Jesus lived he was illiterate, as not one word was ever spotted on earth written in first person. Yet according to the Catholics, he was supposed to be the most learned man that ever came to earth.

Liars ... one and all.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517953 Feb 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
It is good of you to note. The message is simple. There was the mother of a couple of disciples that wanted her sons(and perhaps they did themselves) want to sit on God's left and right hand.(Matthew 20:21) so here was a big fight amongst them all about this. And Jesus said...., Hold on a second! "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. "It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant,...verse 26.
In a way, if you want to see Catholics and Non-Catholics fighting for position, it is certainly represented here by these and all the disciples in Matthew 20 Check it out for yourself....And Jesus teaching on the subject was in the end quite simple..., "serve".
Peace
I find it interesting, those who would boast at doing the most for God, may be doing the least..., and not even know it. And the opposite is true also, those who humble themselves, do the most, and not even know it....
Thank you for your reply.

BTW, that was the first direct reply I've seen to that question.

I'm curious how some can persuade themselves that they are serving their gods here.

Don't they know that mine is the only true and MORAL God?

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#517954 Feb 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham IS a false teacher....
All preachers of religions are false, as they are simply repeaters and creators of mythological lies.

Mytho-logical.

Now why would they add the word logical onto the word myth. After all ... what is logical about myth???

Prince George, Canada

#517955 Feb 27, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Uhh. No judgement will take place until the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ here on earth. on earth for that 1000 year period. Then after the 1000 year period ends Satan will be loosed from the abyss for a little season to go out and try the people so God can see if anyone will still continue to follow or listen to Satan.
How many years did it take you to become such an arrogant preacher ... or did it occur as soon as you allowed your mind to go wandering and become captivated by the jumble of man-created words???
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517956 Feb 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They all believe that the supposed master of truth agrees with them.
What good is your religion if it doesn't puff you up to believe you qualify to be the divine "leader" of the pack???
They worship a murderous god and make excuses.

They torture and kill for their murderous god and make excuses.

They rape children and then cover it up for their immoral god.

You are correct. Few here can even tell us what the central message of Jesus is anyhow. All they do is use their Bibles as a podium to stand on so they can beat others over the head.

Is sad behavior by the worshippers of the IMMORAL god.

Mine is a MORAL god, proven by science.

Come to the light, Judith.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#517957 Feb 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Corinthians 4:18
18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
You made it plain that in the words of the bible you "see" heaven for your future and hell for the future of others.

So ... what else is new in your self-perceived superior visions???

The bible is simply your "looking glass" ... or otherwise known as a crystal ball used by the Gypsies ... or tarot cards ... or Ouija boards.

You have in your mentality created your future to be one of bliss.

That was "easy" ... wasn't it???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#517958 Feb 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion was not about whether they have faith, it was about you saying a feeling you have is where its at. Ive been to many various kinds of services of other faiths. If you think Chrishnas dont get wound up or Muslims after a good preach you are wrong! Priests can be powerful orators as well. St Paul declares himself somewhat weak in oration, but in writing he is strong. I think of Pope Benedict in much the same way. Moses was poor in speech, but yet he commanded authority. Since you despise education remember St Paul was a learned Pharisee and had studied Greek Philosophy. Luke a Physician. Yeah I have been there and watched Bishops pushing people over in Protestant churches and even heard false prophecies. Yeah I do believe some of the churches have a spirit just not a holy one. Its all good though, because they like you have the full truth and Jesus knows there hearts you dont. The church is everyone everywhere with their individual truth and faith that its true because truth is a feeling.
T.V? Is that why many of the people in here said Tv Evangelicals are bad? Who should we watch? Peter Popov? Put it on your credit card and your debts gone! Mike Murdock? A thousand dollar seed and you're gonna get his twice blessing. Melissa Scott, Joyce Meirs, Arnold Murray? Maybe the 7th Day Adventists? Jimmy Swaggert? Jim Baker? Dont forget the leader of the largest Evangelical orgnazation who was paying for male Prosititutes. How about Creflo aka Creep your Dollar? Maybe the radio is better? Whenevever I feel like going to sleep Benny Hinn rushes through the tv set puts me right out. However if that fails Charles Stanley has a never ending monotone that gets me sleepy. I know Joel Olstein he can get them going. Not much bible but he is a good motiviational speaker. Now John Hagee there you can really get some meat. You may even get a good Catholic bash if you listen for a week or so. Maybe we should try Radio?
I don't despise anything..

I actually like Mass,..but also other services I have found spiritual...

No I don't go for pushing over etc...God's preaching..songs in praise of the Lord..

My point t is..You folks,presumably e only your type of service goes to the Lord...
What nonsense,..

Wherever two or three gather IN MY NAME ..I will be there ...I'm sure,HE KNOWS,who or a us,to Him and who does not ...

The only rote pray e r GIVEN BY JESUS ..is the Our Father ...he wants,our communication WITH HIM.....

Your Mass,can be lovely...so are other types,of service ...it is,in each heart...

Jesus,is,love ...love ...love ...And yes That can be and is,a feeling ....WHO ARE YOU T O JUDGE.

YOU guys even don't a possibly rr I've of your POPES words...he's too subtle e..we don't understand Him..he's,not as forceful as,Benedict ....

And yo u criticize any other worship ..

As,for tv ...I have listened and like Charles,Stanley ...also t he Calvary preacher broadcast here..
Also some of the Messianic shows,....so what ...again you judge ...
How,do you know,what will plant a,seed to be nurtured by the HOLY Spirit ...You DO NOT

I'm not saying all give a,good message ...but GOD KNOWS ...

Prince George, Canada

#517959 Feb 27, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
They worship a murderous god and make excuses.
They torture and kill for their murderous god and make excuses.
They rape children and then cover it up for their immoral god.
You are correct. Few here can even tell us what the central message of Jesus is anyhow. All they do is use their Bibles as a podium to stand on so they can beat others over the head.
Is sad behavior by the worshippers of the IMMORAL god.
Mine is a MORAL god, proven by science.
Come to the light, Judith.
Ramen
They simply take it upon their selves to claim that Jesus believes whatever they believe.

That makes it simple ... for them.

And by the way ... if Ramen actually exists and created animals to knowingly suffer, I have no respect for him either. He can, along with all the other gods, go pound sand.

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#517960 Feb 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Oh Huskey why do you have to be in insulting moron .Make's you feel good about yourself doesn't it. Again your perverted thoughts come out with the "he or she" remarks.
What nonsense,...You sound like a,lady to me...but then your voice might fool me ..maybe you a nd hubby hAve this,elaborAte ruse going ...You are really aliens,from Mars,..That must be it ..

And the last thing I can imagine is,Hermi beating you ..Lol...talk about a,wild imAgination !!!

I have to wonder where these thoughts,....come from..certainly not a,holy one

Deliver us from evil in Jesus,name ...'ll of us,need to realize He can read everything we write ...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517961 Feb 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't despise anything..
I actually like Mass,..but also other services I have found spiritual...
No I don't go for pushing over etc...God's preaching..songs in praise of the Lord..
My point t is..You folks,presumably e only your type of service goes to the Lord...
What nonsense,..
Wherever two or three gather IN MY NAME ..I will be there ...I'm sure,HE KNOWS,who or a us,to Him and who does not ...
The only rote pray e r GIVEN BY JESUS ..is the Our Father ...he wants,our communication WITH HIM.....
Your Mass,can be lovely...so are other types,of service ...it is,in each heart...
Jesus,is,love ...love ...love ...And yes That can be and is,a feeling ....WHO ARE YOU T O JUDGE.
YOU guys even don't a possibly rr I've of your POPES words...he's too subtle e..we don't understand Him..he's,not as forceful as,Benedict ....
And yo u criticize any other worship ..
As,for tv ...I have listened and like Charles,Stanley ...also t he Calvary preacher broadcast here..
Also some of the Messianic shows,....so what ...again you judge ...
How,do you know,what will plant a,seed to be nurtured by the HOLY Spirit ...You DO NOT
I'm not saying all give a,good message ...but GOD KNOWS ...
When Kennedy became President, the Pope had to make a special rule so Kennedy could attend Protestant church services without going to Hell for doing so.

Now, the CC teachings have changed, so even Protestants can go to Heaven.

There goes the neighborhood. I don't blame Catholics for being bitter about the prospect of sharing Heaven with a bunch of born-agains and their annoying music.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517962 Feb 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......underlying motives hojo says.
....I am exposing the negatives in your church so you can learn from them.
The ONLY thing that you are exposing is your "own personal" vengeance for Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church and "nothing else" !!!!!!--Your "hyped up" exaggerated-overblown anti-Catholic sources that you "so desperately" rely on, are there to keep your antagonist attitude "heated up" against the Catholic Church!.....Both you and your emancipated-liberal sources
"deserve each other".....!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#517963 Feb 27, 2014
yeah really wrote:
<quoted text>Awww sera, why do you hate so? You are an uneducated idiot. I bet your hubby is twenty years older than you and keeps you on a short leash. Do you have to ask permission to go to the store? When you do, does he or she watch the clock and see how long it takes and does he or she beat you if your late?
Would you let anyone you know,read what you write,...?? Your priest??

Again..not the,worst I've seen from you but really ..where do these,thoughts,come from..certainly not God ..knit ..husker...whichever you are using today...evil thoughts ..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517965 Feb 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They simply take it upon their selves to claim that Jesus believes whatever they believe.
That makes it simple ... for them.
And by the way ... if Ramen actually exists and created animals to knowingly suffer, I have no respect for him either. He can, along with all the other gods, go pound sand.
:)
Ouch!

Sadly my God is not filled with weak human emotions, so he isn't going to spite you or have your burned at the stake for being so blasphemous.

I'd like to, but my God is bigger than that. Dang it. I cannot hate you as others here do.

Ramen

Location hidden

#517967 Feb 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What nonsense,...You sound like a,lady to me...but then your voice might fool me ..maybe you a nd hubby hAve this,elaborAte ruse going ...You are really aliens,from Mars,..That must be it ..
And the last thing I can imagine is,Hermi beating you ..Lol...talk about a,wild imAgination !!!
I have to wonder where these thoughts,....come from..certainly not a,holy one
Deliver us from evil in Jesus,name ...'ll of us,need to realize He can read everything we write ...
Can you imagine Nick beating me lol.....does he sound like the tyrant that she claims.lol...

Prince George, Canada

#517968 Feb 27, 2014
Why a supposed St. Peter would be at the gate, is a mystery to me, even within the silly theology.

If god is to be the Judge, why is St. Peter deciding who goes where?

Theology is "plain" ridiculous!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#517969 Feb 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
...If the bishop has back arthritis just as I do why not move into a one floor house where no $50,000 elevator is required.

...,.you wonder why churches in Europe are empty? Start with the bling bishops.

...read the whole article you posted. Read about the extravagant properties that other bishops in america reside in including the story of the German bishop spending $42 million on his new digs.

...catholics are always quick top point out the evangelist ministers who live the life of luxury also donated by private followers. The catholic bishops are no different.

,..no difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' 37 min ELIAS IBARRA 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 9,403
News Ireland's gay marriage vote was 'a defeat': Vat... 15 hr Imprtnrd 6
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) May 25 QUITTNER May 25 2015 5
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) May 23 pazuzu 61
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition May 23 Passing thru 8
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) May 22 KristoFMYsagun 10
More from around the web