Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685741 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518027 Feb 27, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Life happens.
My God does not micro manage.
Ramen
Hmmmmm

That must be why he doesn't care about all the suffering.

Pasta has no "heart."

:)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518028 Feb 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well June you got that one right...on the computer you can escape your real miserable life and come to this forum and be holier than thou or meanier than a rattle snake .But as far as Nick being abusive, your wrong.
My point is that people are liars, and those on forums with false names hide their blemishes very well ... so they can preach at others about how they follow supposed "moral" rules, while living entirely different lives in person.

I never did trust preachers as being other than mortal human animals. I learned that from experience.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#518029 Feb 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...,Catholics on this forum will tell you the Huffington post is an anti-catholic far left rag of a newspaper and the article is blown out of proportion with lies, and trying to smear the catholic church.
...mark my words.
Its been done and said to me many times in the past.

Location hidden

#518030 Feb 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that people are liars, and those on forums with false names hide their blemishes very well ... so they can preach at others about how they follow supposed "moral" rules, while living entirely different lives in person.
I never did trust preachers as being other than mortal human animals. I learned that from experience.
I know what your point was and I agreed with it.......with people behind the computer..
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518031 Feb 27, 2014
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"
I am in disbelief regarding an article concerning the tests the Catholic Church are going to use to detect potential sex offenders
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-chautin/e...
This approach is uninformed, It poses "disguised questions" such as :
"Do you have the propensity to molest young boys? What about girls? If you become a messenger of God, will you exploit your powers to fulfill your sexual fantasies? Can you handle celibacy without having affairs with your parishioners?
In a pre-employment test for the priesthood, these questions will need to be answered. The questions will be cloaked with ambiguities so that the applicant will not be sure what the questions mean. The tester will gain insight to personal characteristics of the job applicant applying to enter the clergy. Unsuitable candidates will be disqualified."
Such a test is completely ineffective, archaic, and a throwback to the 60's. It will discern nothing re an offender's deviant sexual arousal system
There has been state of the art assessments for sex offenders on the market for a considerable period of time with the research validating them
The Catholic Church with its resources should have no difficulty contacting the experts that can point them in right direction. Who are they consulting with??

----------
And WHO would expect honest answers to such questions?

KM
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#518032 Feb 27, 2014
[who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
Until you will acknowledge your idiotic belief that Christ taught for us to be His followers we must hate (defined by the English dictionary) our parents, our relatives, even ourselves, you are instructed to can it...
Hate: The English dictionary definition used by ITB AKA Tango Bravo to read what Christ taught...
a. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
b. To detest.
2. To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.
To feel hatred.
1. Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.
2. An object of detestation or hatred:

----------
Sorry, Ox. One must use a Greek dictionary to understand Jesus meaning here. The Greek word interpreted 'hate' in this instance, means: "to love LESS than". It fits with the first commandment, and means simply that one is to love God MORE than anything. Love for ANYTHING ELSE must be LESS.

KayMarie
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518033 Feb 27, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I am in disbelief regarding an article concerning the tests the Catholic Church are going to use to detect potential sex offenders
"Do you have the propensity to molest young boys? What about girls? If you become a messenger of God, will you exploit your powers to fulfill your sexual fantasies? Can you handle celibacy without having affairs with your parishioners?
In a pre-employment test for the priesthood, these questions will need to be answered. The questions will be cloaked with ambiguities so that the applicant will not be sure what the questions mean. The tester will gain insight to personal characteristics of the job applicant applying to enter the clergy. Unsuitable candidates will be disqualified."
Such a test is completely ineffective, archaic, and a throwback to the 60's. It will discern nothing re an offender's deviant sexual arousal system
There has been state of the art assessments for sex offenders on the market for a considerable period of time with the research validating them
The Catholic Church with its resources should have no difficulty contacting the experts that can point them in right direction. Who are they consulting with??
Where does it say that the Church is GOING TO USE the questions this BLOGGER proposes?

You do realize, don't you, that you're quoting a blogger for the Huffington Post (of all places, you're not serious are you??) and that these are questions HE has made up because he thinks they're super-duper and will weed out child predators? You do, don't you??

You also realized right from the get-go, didn't you, that this is nothing more than another trash piece when this BLOGGER proposed that these super-duper questions should be part of the...get this, folks....Employment Application for the Priesthood? You did realize that, didn't you?? Employment Application?????????? For the Priesthood??????

THERE IS NO "EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION" FOR THE PRIESTHOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Have you lost your mind altogether, NIck???? The priesthood is a vocation, these men apply to enter the Seminary. It is not a job!

I can't believe that your hatred and that of your wife runs so deeply that you would even consider reading such a piece of garbage, much less that you would lower yourself to pretend that it's legitimate and bring it to this forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves. May God have mercy on your soul.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518034 Feb 27, 2014
This article is a scam from 2010.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518035 Feb 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I know what your point was and I agreed with it.......with people behind the computer..
Why don't you be more specific?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518037 Feb 27, 2014
Americaís New Sleazy Tabloid Rag: The Huffington Post
By David McQuade

Arianna Huffington has been living quite well in her surprisingly popular, political fact-free zone for years. Now it appears that her hunger to earn click-through or ad revenues at any cost to American culture knows no bounds.

Iím all for supply side economics, but itís people like her that give American capitalism a bad name.

In the media business itís said,ďAbove all else, know your audience.Ē So, predictably, devolving into yet another sleazy tabloid rag was an inevitable next step for a popular leftist online destination that so imbues the godless and radical worldviews of atheist billionaire, George Soros, and his progressive heroine, Arianna Huffington.
http://www.movieguide.org/news-articles/ameri...

==========

Well, Mr. McQuade, it appears that the HP does indeed know it's audience, and at least three members of that audience live on this board.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#518038 Feb 27, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say that the Church is GOING TO USE the questions this BLOGGER proposes?
You do realize, don't you, that you're quoting a blogger for the Huffington Post (of all places, you're not serious are you??) and that these are questions HE has made up because he thinks they're super-duper and will weed out child predators? You do, don't you??
You also realized right from the get-go, didn't you, that this is nothing more than another trash piece when this BLOGGER proposed that these super-duper questions should be part of the...get this, folks....Employment Application for the Priesthood? You did realize that, didn't you?? Employment Application?????????? For the Priesthood??????
Have you lost your mind altogether, NIck???? The priesthood is a vocation, these men apply to enter the Seminary. It is not a job!
I can't believe that your hatred and that of your wife runs so deeply that you would even consider reading such a piece of garbage, much less that you would lower yourself to pretend that it's legitimate and bring it to this forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves. May God have mercy on your soul.
This hatred accusation that rebounds after any criticism of the Cath Church is interesting. In college, when someone questioned something, they were not accused of hatred.
The other issue is whether than worry about my source, a Catholic should be asking what assessment tools is the church using to assess priests.I cant find them.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518039 Feb 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt when you were a devoted Protestant you spat at the Catholics with the same vehemence as you now spit at the Protestants.
The fact is that "at no time" did I ever do what are accusing me of!!!.......In fact, In bible school I was assigned to write a paper on the Catholic Church being a cult....I wrote it "only" to get a decent grade and pass the course, knowing (deep:down) this wasn't truer! This was a typical form of anti-Cstholic indoctrination used by the Protestant Propagandists, in order to keep
a "strangle-hold!" on the bible only youth that is slowly deteriorating!!!

Location hidden

#518040 Feb 27, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you be more specific?
Like how?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#518041 Feb 27, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"
----------
And WHO would expect honest answers to such questions?
KM
True
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#518042 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text> This hatred accusation that rebounds after any criticism of the Cath Church is interesting. In college, when someone questioned something, they were not accused of hatred.
The other issue is whether than worry about my source, a Catholic should be asking what assessment tools is the church using to assess priests.I cant find them.
http://usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/vocati...

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
Michael

Canada

#518043 Feb 27, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
........The article is TRUE!!.......All you have to do is Google.... Catholic seminaries new standards. Read all the articles by roman catholic psychologists who indicate sexual orientation questions are part of the process.

.....Every seminary now provide psycological testing for catholic seminary candidates and many of the questions are sexual in nature. The Vatican in 2005 notified the bishops that Psychological sexual orientation questions should become part of the hiring process..

So much for the calling by God if the catholic science doctors won't let you proceed because you might have sexual bagage of some kind.

.....,I was guessing who would post first. You, dust storm, hojo or Anthony. You won again!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#518044 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text> This hatred accusation that rebounds after any criticism of the Cath Church is interesting. In college, when someone questioned something, they were not accused of hatred.
Nice try, slick-wannabe, but you're not getting out of it that easily. You messed up big time, this time. You went too far and you don't even have the decency to admit it. Well, you can divert, deflect, project, worm, dance, and spin to your heart's content, but it's out there and all you can do is hang your head in shame and ask for forgiveness. That is if you have even a smidgeon of decency left in you at this point.

Oh, and be sure and ask Michael, Old JG and Birdbrain when they'll allow you to form your next thought. Maybe at your next dinner party after you've handed Old JG his Respected Person of the Year Award for calling the Blessed Mother a filthy sinner.(Yes, it's been noted that neither one of you said a single word about that, yet you'll trash Christ's one true church in a heartbeat.)

You've no one to blame but yourselves for this. Once again, may God have mercy on you both.

Location hidden

#518045 Feb 27, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
Americaís New Sleazy Tabloid Rag: The Huffington Post
By David McQuade
Arianna Huffington has been living quite well in her surprisingly popular, political fact-free zone for years. Now it appears that her hunger to earn click-through or ad revenues at any cost to American culture knows no bounds.
Iím all for supply side economics, but itís people like her that give American capitalism a bad name.
In the media business itís said,ďAbove all else, know your audience.Ē So, predictably, devolving into yet another sleazy tabloid rag was an inevitable next step for a popular leftist online destination that so imbues the godless and radical worldviews of atheist billionaire, George Soros, and his progressive heroine, Arianna Huffington.
http://www.movieguide.org/news-articles/ameri...
==========
Well, Mr. McQuade, it appears that the HP does indeed know it's audience, and at least three members of that audience live on this board.
Gezzzzz I guess Nick struck a nerve. Every time we do you respond with the personal insults on us....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#518046 Feb 27, 2014
OK I did the Caths work for you while you were insulting, defending,and accusing.

A program in Phila used by the Church uses JJPeters to assess priests.

I have used that program myself and it is excellent.

. The sex offender assessment includes the use of the polygraph and other state-of-the art actuarial diagnostic tools
based on the latest research in the area of sex offender treatment and management. This sex offender
assessment is currently outsourced to the Joseph J. Peters Institute in Philadelphia.

OK Im glad you didnt have to take time from your defending and accusing to actually care enough to check this out..

Location hidden

#518047 Feb 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that "at no time" did I ever do what are accusing me of!!!.......In fact, In bible school I was assigned to write a paper on the Catholic Church being a cult....I wrote it "only" to get a decent grade and pass the course, knowing (deep:down) this wasn't truer! This was a typical form of anti-Cstholic indoctrination used by the Protestant Propagandists, in order to keep
a "strangle-hold!" on the bible only youth that is slowly deteriorating!!!
Right I bet you did and I bet you lost a lot of sleep after writing that propaganda paper while you were a protestant...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web