Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693482 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518010 Feb 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it....
How did we get from your inability to demonstrate that I misquoted the Bible to this? Let's stick with the subject at hand. If I misquoted the Bible you should be able to provide evidence. You haven't so far. However, I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. Please provide evidence so that I can correct my misquote if it exists. I take misquoting the Bible seriously, just as I take misunderstanding the message of the Bible seriously.

We're all waiting for you to either provide my misquote or admit you were wrong. Pope got your tongue?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518011 Feb 27, 2014
"Can it..." = Oxspeak for "I won't admit that I haven't a clue what I'm talking about and don't even understand my own posts; therefore I will make no meaningful response and hope they go away before I expose myself further."
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#518012 Feb 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They simply take it upon their selves to claim that Jesus believes whatever they believe.
That makes it simple ... for them.
And by the way ... if Ramen actually exists and created animals to knowingly suffer, I have no respect for him either. He can, along with all the other gods, go pound sand.
:)
The FSM does not micro manage existence.

There are billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars, plus 11 parallel universes.

Sometimes life happens. Suffering and joy seem to be a part of the deal.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#518013 Feb 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH?
Now you are back-peddling.
Your god has no weak emotions whatsoever. He's a monster, just as are all the other gods created by human-imagination.
Otherwise he would not have created all forms of life knowing ahead of time that they would suffer.
I suggest that you confront him and put him "on the spot," or he will never grow up to be a decent god and accept responsibility for his evil deeds.
Life happens.

My God does not micro manage.

Ramen
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#518014 Feb 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that you are special to a god now that you are not a Protestant???
These kind of "utterly ridiculous" comments of yours only continue to demonstrate the extent of animosity against the Catholic Church that has corrupted and polluted your mind, heart and soul along with your ignorance in this "special to God" rhetorical nonsense that you and other anti-Catholics are "so famous for"!!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#518015 Feb 27, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the line "...forgive us our trespasses..." means that Jesus is also a sinner? That is a direct scriptural quote from the mouth of Jesus. Using your logic concerning Mary it follows that you are calling Jesus a sinner. Heresy and blasphemy all in one post.
You are so stupid there are no words that could possibly describe your ignorance. The Scripture you quote is from the Lord's prayer by Jesus Himself.

Mary is nothing but a filthy sinner like me and you. She has fallen short of the glory of God and needs a Savior just like me and you. Jesus on the other hand was SINLESS. Try reading the Bible before you shoot off your big mouth.

II Corinthians 5:21, "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ."

If Mary was not a sinner show me where the Bible makes the same declaration about Mary as it does about Jesus in the verse above.

Mary is a filthy sinner just like you and me.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518016 Feb 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for verifying my words....
You're lying.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#518017 Feb 27, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your reply.
BTW, that was the first direct reply I've seen to that question.
I'm curious how some can persuade themselves that they are serving their gods here.
Don't they know that mine is the only true and MORAL God?
Ramen
Gods R Delusions

Peace

You are welcome. I suppose such a question indirectly brings up the point at which a person decides to "let it all go". The continuous need to justify oneself to others and oneself is so off the mark in the Bible, I wonder if people reading it, are really getting the correct message at all?

Anyway, if people don't know that yours is the only true MORAL God, then maybe they should know its my MORAL God....(smiles)

I appreciate your questions, and answers....

Peace
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#518018 Feb 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid there are no words that could possibly describe your ignorance. The Scripture you quote is from the Lord's prayer by Jesus Himself.
Mary is nothing but a filthy sinner like me and you. She has fallen short of the glory of God and needs a Savior just like me and you. Jesus on the other hand was SINLESS. Try reading the Bible before you shoot off your big mouth.
II Corinthians 5:21, "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ."
If Mary was not a sinner show me where the Bible makes the same declaration about Mary as it does about Jesus in the verse above.
You are Bible-only. Show me where in the Bible it says that you should only believe what it says in the Bible.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#518019 Feb 27, 2014
I am in disbelief regarding an article concerning the tests the Catholic Church are going to use to detect potential sex offenders

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-chautin/e...

This approach is uninformed, It poses "disguised questions" such as :

"Do you have the propensity to molest young boys? What about girls? If you become a messenger of God, will you exploit your powers to fulfill your sexual fantasies? Can you handle celibacy without having affairs with your parishioners?

In a pre-employment test for the priesthood, these questions will need to be answered. The questions will be cloaked with ambiguities so that the applicant will not be sure what the questions mean. The tester will gain insight to personal characteristics of the job applicant applying to enter the clergy. Unsuitable candidates will be disqualified."

Such a test is completely ineffective, archaic, and a throwback to the 60's. It will discern nothing re an offender's deviant sexual arousal system

There has been state of the art assessments for sex offenders on the market for a considerable period of time with the research validating them

The Catholic Church with its resources should have no difficulty contacting the experts that can point them in right direction. Who are they consulting with??
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#518020 Feb 27, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
ah Hank why would you say that? I never seen him preaching anything false.
Marge, Marge, Marge,

Bill Graham teaches OSAS and that IS false teachings.....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#518021 Feb 27, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
"Can it..." = Oxspeak for "I won't admit that I haven't a clue what I'm talking about and don't even understand my own posts; therefore I will make no meaningful response and hope they go away before I expose myself further."
Until you will acknowledge your idiotic belief that Christ taught for us to be His followers we must hate (defined by the English dictionary) our parents, our relatives, even ourselves, you are instructed to can it...

Hate: The English dictionary definition used by ITB AKA Tango Bravo to read what Christ taught...

a. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
b. To detest.
2. To feel dislike or distaste for: hates washing dishes.

To feel hatred.

1. Intense animosity or dislike; hatred.
2. An object of detestation or hatred:

Location hidden

#518022 Feb 27, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Gospel truth!!!!! Amen!!!!

Location hidden

#518023 Feb 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
Your word verified the truth in my words.....thanks...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#518024 Feb 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your word verified the truth in my words.....thanks...
Still lying.
Michael

Canada

#518025 Feb 27, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I am in disbelief regarding an article concerning the tests the Catholic Church are going to use to detect potential sex offenders
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-chautin/e...
This approach is uninformed, It poses "disguised questions" such as :
"Do you have the propensity to molest young boys? What about girls? If you become a messenger of God, will you exploit your powers to fulfill your sexual fantasies? Can you handle celibacy without having affairs with your parishioners?
In a pre-employment test for the priesthood, these questions will need to be answered. The questions will be cloaked with ambiguities so that the applicant will not be sure what the questions mean. The tester will gain insight to personal characteristics of the job applicant applying to enter the clergy. Unsuitable candidates will be disqualified."
Such a test is completely ineffective, archaic, and a throwback to the 60's. It will discern nothing re an offender's deviant sexual arousal system
There has been state of the art assessments for sex offenders on the market for a considerable period of time with the research validating them
The Catholic Church with its resources should have no difficulty contacting the experts that can point them in right direction. Who are they consulting with??
...,Catholics on this forum will tell you the Huffington post is an anti-catholic far left rag of a newspaper and the article is blown out of proportion with lies, and trying to smear the catholic church.

...mark my words.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#518026 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
The FSM does not micro manage existence.
There are billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars, plus 11 parallel universes.
Sometimes life happens. Suffering and joy seem to be a part of the deal.
Ramen
Are you admitting that you believe Ramen just let suffering "happen" without him being part of the plan???

I suggest you should make him take responsibility, and stop worshipping his faults, or he will never grow up to be a good god. He will always hide his faults behind his human creators.

Once I figured out that the theologians were putting the blame on humans for their own suffering ... I figured I would let my self off of their RIDE!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#518027 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Life happens.
My God does not micro manage.
Ramen
Hmmmmm

That must be why he doesn't care about all the suffering.

Pasta has no "heart."

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#518028 Feb 27, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well June you got that one right...on the computer you can escape your real miserable life and come to this forum and be holier than thou or meanier than a rattle snake .But as far as Nick being abusive, your wrong.
My point is that people are liars, and those on forums with false names hide their blemishes very well ... so they can preach at others about how they follow supposed "moral" rules, while living entirely different lives in person.

I never did trust preachers as being other than mortal human animals. I learned that from experience.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#518029 Feb 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...,Catholics on this forum will tell you the Huffington post is an anti-catholic far left rag of a newspaper and the article is blown out of proportion with lies, and trying to smear the catholic church.
...mark my words.
Its been done and said to me many times in the past.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Paloma 10,707
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 23 hr question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan 19 Pardon Pard 1
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec '17 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web