Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603506 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#517689 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...4%. 4%!...That's like the 4% who actually get caught speeding or running red lights. We know the actual numbers are much higher.
...start defending right, and quit making excuses for wrong.
....unless you live in a monastery, most of what you do is in the secular world.
Thank you for your opinion.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#517690 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Do you really care about abortion? Are you and all other catholics in the hospitals in your communities guiding these young girls or asking to adopt their babies? NO!
....You don't really care. You just say what your church says.
On that issue ..I do think they do...I know of a very active pregnancy center run by Catholics...near here ..had a,bomb scare a while back..

There is,also a wonderful Christian center in our city...wonderful people ...

It's,one issue any true,Christian supports ....I'm sure t h per here give help to those centers who help the girls...And very many Christians,adopt ....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517691 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that if dogs have no soul or spirit... then that would also be my basic make-up.
I hope that when I die, I will simply be no more than a gust of dust in the wind, and hopefully I will leave a few people behind who will think of me as a person who tried in my own way to be fair.
There are no ifs about it...

English dictionary......

soul : The spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.

spirit
a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings.

Where are you getting wisdom that is superior to what has been taught in our dictionaries from "day one"????

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#517692 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
,.....The bishop of east NewJersey is building a retirement mansion with 6 bathrooms, 8 bedrooms, an elevator, indoor hot tub, and whirlpool, while new jersey catholic schools are closing, and the popes message to catholics is to live humble lives.
Unbelievable!
I did read that...So why the negative icons....Its fact for sure..

Location hidden

#517693 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your faith doesn't seem to bring you much peace.
So much for trying to reinvent the faith of others.
Come to the true God.
Ramen
Why did you not post my correction???

Are you dodging this question because you are a coward???

Location hidden

#517694 Feb 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right - I cannot - but I was only trying to help help you so you can improve upon your posting in the future. In other words, giving you the nudge to post your links when you post your thoughts.
C'mon Rabbi - you are better than this.
And I get this....just for trying to help. Yep - your post is a great example of Christianity at work, huh!?
Next time, before you get on this forum and accuse someone of stealing.....get your facts straight.....you made a fool of yourself....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#517695 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call...either show Scripture to support your dribble...or can it...
And here. Since you are ignorant of the ONE WORLD RELIGION that the Anti-Christ is gonna found, read this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Secrets-New-Age-Re...

Location hidden

#517696 Feb 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I pulled an "Oxbow" - I chose not to answer.
A other lie...I have never refused to answer a question....I have refused to continually "beat a dead horse".....no future in it....

Location hidden

#517697 Feb 25, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Awww Pookie. I could show you scripture after scripture but I guarantee you you still are Spiritually incapable of comprehending what is written in scripture. Luckily your ignorance is gonna end up being your salvation. God is gonna leave many of you in ignorance in order that you may be saved because many of you guys will ignorantly accept the mark of the beast and will serve him. God will not condemn on to hell if they commit the sin in ignorance so I say again,your ignorance is gonna end up being your salvation.
God knows exactly which of His servants has the where withal to stand against the AntiChrist when he appears and He is preparing them for this event and God knows which of His children will fall for the Anti-Christ's deception hence He will leave those of His children in ignorance for their own good.
I know this is difficult for you to grasp and it's hard news but you will understand it better by and by.
Can it...

Location hidden

#517698 Feb 25, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And stop condemning Catholics to hell because in the end you're going to be numbered with them and all the rest of those that are in ignorance at this time.
One reason I asked you if the great white throne judgement gonna take place before or after the 1000 year earthly reign of Christ (and you were unable to answer). The great white throne judgement is not gonna take place till after the 1000 year period of Christ's
s reign here on earth and then all the Catholics and everyone that is in ignorance ( yourself included) will have gone through the 1000 year millennium period and will be taught the truth under Christ's direction. During this time there will be no so called Pope and Satan will e locked away in the abyss during this 1000 year period of Christ's earthly reign so he will have no influence on any one. The after having being taught the real truth during this 1000 year period,then the great white throne judgement will take place and everyone will be judged according to their WORKS,not their faith. Faith will not longer apply because during the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ everyone will see that Christ exist so faith will not apply hence their judgement will be according to their works. Those Catholics that you so gleefully condemn to hell will be judged according to their works AND SO WILL YOU because though you don't think you are, you are in gross Spiritual ignorance.
Can it...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517699 Feb 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
..And yet even at Confirmation did not feel what I feel now,in loving Christ.
TODAY'S 'CHRISTIANITY'- NOTHING MORE THAN FEELINGS

By Paul Proctor
January 26, 2011

This may come as a shock to most Christians, but if you do a search of the less contemporary translations of scripture, the word “feelings” is virtually nonexistent. Where it does appear, it is cited as more of a superficial, even negative attribute than a positive; and yet, as we watch and listen to many from today’s churches, be they leaders or laymen, not only do we see a clear fixation on feelings, both physical and emotional, we notice that those feelings have by and large become a replacement for faith.

In fact, if you substitute the word “feelings” wherever you see the word “faith” in those older Bible versions, it will become clear to you what motivates and guides the average “Christian” today – point being: most of us are not following the Living Word of God by faith, we’re simply following our feelings and calling it “faith.”

This doesn’t require a Bible.

When one considers the sobering words of the prophet Jeremiah, who said:“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked…” it should cause us to take a discerning look at what moves us. If our worship and service to Jesus Christ is measured by mood, then may I suggest our “Christianity” is more theatrical than theological.
http://www.seekgod.ca/index.htm

Location hidden

#517700 Feb 25, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
And did not respond until prompted by my re-posting ....
But although you posted in response you have yet to supply an answer, which suggests that you have none.
How did we get from your inability to demonstrate that I misquoted the Bible to this? Let's stick with the subject at hand. If I misquoted the Bible you should be able to provide evidence. You haven't so far. However, I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. Please provide evidence so that I can correct my misquote if it exists. I take misquoting the Bible seriously, just as I take misunderstanding the message of the Bible seriously.
You are not doing what I tell you...take your crs pills....I set you straight on this "ages" ago....

Location hidden

#517701 Feb 25, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> And here. Since you are ignorant of the ONE WORLD RELIGION that the Anti-Christ is gonna found, read this book.
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Secrets-New-Age-Re...
Can it..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#517702 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it...
And were you familiar with what was going on in the world when they built the Tower of Babel,then you would see that this is nothing but another occurence of the Babylonian world of religion,economy,politics and educational system all over again.

THE FOUR HIDDEN DYNASTIES OF SATAN of which Christians such as yourself is painfully and grossly ignorant of.

http://ldolphin.org/kingdom/ch7.html

There is no new thing under the sun

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#517703 Feb 25, 2014

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517704 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanGollum, that's something Jesus taught. Why would you adopt His "philosophy"?
No, as an atheist it would make uncommon sense to use a Christian teaching as your rule for morals.
You're either stumped and have no answer to my question or you're a phony, just like Mike.
OH PLEASE!

That is common sense that needs no help from Catholic philosophy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

If I treat others as I want to be treated, for the most part others will treat me the same in return.

And for those who don't know that that philosophy works best, that is their loss, as they will go through life conning others and wondering why others don't like or trust them.

Prince George, Canada

#517705 Feb 25, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And were you familiar with what was going on in the world when they built the Tower of Babel,then you would see that this is nothing but another occurence of the Babylonian world of religion,economy,politics and educational system all over again.
THE FOUR HIDDEN DYNASTIES OF SATAN of which Christians such as yourself is painfully and grossly ignorant of.
http://ldolphin.org/kingdom/ch7.html
There is no new thing under the sun
What a lot of silly blather.

Prince George, Canada

#517706 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
English dictionary......
soul : The spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.
spirit
Where are you getting wisdom that is superior to what has been taught in our dictionaries from "day one"????
The words religion, soul and spirit were all created by theologians who claimed to know truth.

As I stated before, but you were too busy preaching to comprehend ... the word theology means "the study of religion" ... not bragging that you own truth.

Prince George, Canada

#517707 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
English dictionary......
spirit
Why are you so arrogant as to believe that a creator would deprive other animals of souls or spirits and yet lavish them on human animals?

WHY???

Prince George, Canada

#517708 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans in religion wrote the dictionaries, so it follows that the dictionaries were flavored with religious terminology.

Wisdom might not even exist, except in your over-active imagination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 2 min Redeemed 7
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 6 min Redeemed 19
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Catholic24 84,423
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
More from around the web