Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,635
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#517646 Feb 25, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"The death toll from the Mongol Conquests was very high, and the 20th century equivalent would have been a conflict in which 278 million people died. By contrast, the Second World War killed some 55 million people.
That would make Genghis Khan one of the worst monsters of history, and the eruption of essentially stateless nomads from the Eurasian steppe one of most violent events of human history."
Now *that* is what is Unbelievable!
We must assume that June and Mike can cite from the same set of atheist morality rules that Genghis Khan did. Yes, UNBELIEVABLE!

truth

Perth, Australia

#517647 Feb 25, 2014
beware from people with satanic influence
they will try enter not only in any church or in any institution
they entering in human body too..

teach yourself how they set up adversary way against everyone and everything..no any sense when they try make justification upon others..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517648 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As I understand it, you are saying, like my dog, after you die....end of story...you have no soul nor spirit.....same as my dog....is that right???
I believe that if dogs have no soul or spirit... then that would also be my basic make-up.

I hope that when I die, I will simply be no more than a gust of dust in the wind, and hopefully I will leave a few people behind who will think of me as a person who tried in my own way to be fair.

Prince George, Canada

#517649 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We must assume that June and Mike can cite from the same set of atheist morality rules that Genghis Khan did. Yes, UNBELIEVABLE!
The pope ordered the killing of all other believers as evil heretics.

You have some nerve pointing fingers at other dictators.

I can't speak for Michael, but I have never ordered the killing of others.

Prince George, Canada

#517650 Feb 25, 2014
The popes

Prince George, Canada

#517651 Feb 25, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
The Protection of the Church
By William Saletan
My hope is that due to lack of interest someday all places of religious worship will be vacant.

Prince George, Canada

#517652 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
,.....The bishop of east NewJersey is building a retirement mansion with 6 bathrooms, 8 bedrooms, an elevator, indoor hot tub, and whirlpool, while new jersey catholic schools are closing, and the popes message to catholics is to live humble lives.
Unbelievable!
All humans are in religion for they believe is in it for their selves.

It's human nature to be self-oriented.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517653 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the lying snake, I immediately corrected my error...why did you not post my correction???
Your faith doesn't seem to bring you much peace.

So much for trying to reinvent the faith of others.

Come to the true God.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517654 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that if dogs have no soul or spirit... then that would also be my basic make-up.
I hope that when I die, I will simply be no more than a gust of dust in the wind, and hopefully I will leave a few people behind who will think of me as a person who tried in my own way to be fair.
All dogs go to Heaven. Backwards.

Prince George, Canada

#517655 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
where do you get your morals from?
I try to treat others as I want them to treat me.

That is common sense.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517656 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Translated you are as dense as the lying snake.....you cannot tell me who you credited for the info I posted.....you cannot tell me who did I "steal" from when I copied/pasted the info in my post....
You are right - I cannot - but I was only trying to help help you so you can improve upon your posting in the future. In other words, giving you the nudge to post your links when you post your thoughts.

C'mon Rabbi - you are better than this.

And I get this....just for trying to help. Yep - your post is a great example of Christianity at work, huh!?

Prince George, Canada

#517657 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion, although it shared by people far more educated in history than I. Interesting article here;
http://socialdemocracy21stcentury.blogspot.co...
This article takes the focus off the centuries of murder ordained by your popes.

You can't be honest with others until you are honest with you.

Albuquerque, NM

#517658 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And did not respond until prompted by my re-posting ....
I pulled an "Oxbow" - I chose not to answer.

Prince George, Canada

#517659 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
All dogs go to Heaven. Backwards.
Yeah ... but did they first "come" from heaven as spirits created in Ramen's divine image???

I want to know the truth of that matter, and as you are speaking on behalf of Ramen, the creator ... please do tell all.

P.S.

Please don't make your sermon to long, as I'm intent on watching Judge Judy to see who she is berating as idiots today.

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#517660 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....195 catholic diocese in america. Catholic priests were caught in the vast majority of these dioceses. That means Anthony the vast majority of bishops lied and covered up for the KNOWN 4%.
.....we all know the real number is much higher than 4%, but you just keep defending these numbers. Tip of the iceburg.
.....,How many non molesting priests knew of the molesting priests and did and reported nothing? You just keep making up excuses.
....where has this holy spirit been all these years? HUH!
Unbelievable!
Your questions aren't exactly clear-cut. I'll have to defend the non-guilty priests here, but only in "how many knew" type of questioning.

One could change the names in your question and use Penn State names and staff in substitute of bishops - and get a wide variety of answers.

Not everyone knows what others are doing, even if it seems like it is right under their noses.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#517661 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to treat others as I want them to treat me.
That is common sense.
June VanGollum, that's something Jesus taught. Why would you adopt His "philosophy"?

No, as an atheist it would make uncommon sense to use a Christian teaching as your rule for morals.

You're either stumped and have no answer to my question or you're a phony, just like Mike.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#517662 Feb 25, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Catholics rules are that priests are to be celibate and live holy lives and bishops are to turn over priests who break these rules with minors to the civil authorities. A very small percentage broke those rules. Yeah, that was wrong. Anything else Mike?

----------
Did you read the Yahoo article today about a priest (I think in Minneapolis) who was guilty of abusing boys...but was determined to have a 'disability', and received support payments, etc. I was going to post it but it was just too long.

KM

Albuquerque, NM

#517663 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony (in multiple feet of) MN (snow) asked this question:

"what set of "rules" does an atheist such as yourself utilize when attempting to determine the morality of an action you might take? "

New Age writes:

You know Anthony is a great question for anyone.

Why? Because you will get to see, if answered, the many different perceptions a person has in regard to a certain belief.

If I took the time to place these steps in chronological order, I bet that I would probably come up with - if not the exact steps, very similar ones - that you would take for the same action.

Don't you agree.

So let's get some clarification in your question before anyone starts to answer....

"What set of rules" .....
- What are you referring to? Are they the ones you get to live your life by through your own choices or are they the religious ones that other men have told you to live your life by? This is very important to the answer one will make.

....'do you" (paraphrased from above)....
"utilize when attempting to determine the morality of an action you might take?"
- when you post "attempting" and "utilize" in the same sentence, as you did, you do realize that you have already formulated an opinion of the person you are questioning, therefore not really allowing the other person to post to you, what you would find as valid.

It is a loss either way for the responder.....unless you already have a preconceived notion of what the answer should be.

If so that is being biased, and even though someone posts an opinion, it still falls short of what you expect.

Sly......are you, Catholic.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#517664 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This article takes the focus off the centuries of murder ordained by your popes.
You can't be honest with others until you are honest with you.
The article affirms my contention that atheists were/are far more bloodthirsty than any Christian.
truth

Perth, Australia

#517665 Feb 25, 2014
You Adam you are wrong you been expel from garden and all manhood be accuse from old serpent snake. man.. man man sin yeeeeeee

see never put god under test

god put man under test

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 min Swedenforever 83,884
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,686
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 3 hr Meat Eater 4
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Sun ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2