Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695735 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#517908 Feb 26, 2014
What Is Hindu Heaven Called?

Answer

The Hindu religion describes Svargam, or Heaven, as a place of eternal bliss in the afterlife. Svargam is said to be free of all of Earth's discomforts such as pain, guilt, and fear.

http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-hindu-hea...
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517909 Feb 26, 2014
The good news was and is for the self-perceived holy ones is that the evil ones have a special place to go to spend their eternities.

Theologians were always considerate that way. They didn't leave others "completely" out of the picture.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517910 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, DS, last night I posted a beautiful story about priests in central Africa who spent every cent they had in order to protect their persecuted Muslim neighbors and vowed to continue to do so as the persecution is ongooing. Not one person here commented on it. I'm sure no one even bothered to read the link or view the heartwarming picture of one of the priests holding a Muslim infant in his arms.
This afternoon I posted a lengthy article from Fr. Z on Septuagesima Sunday and the "countdown" from then until Lent (Ash Wednesday is in one week!). Again, no one commented on the beautiful prayer mentioned, or asked any questions or expressed any interest whatsoever.
All they were interested in was retaliation and spite because I had posted an excerpt from an article written by a Protestant evangelical that too many of them are mistaking feelings for faith. They don't have a clue as to what they think they're "digging up" about the Church. All they know is that it sounds bad to them so in a fevered frenzy of malice and ill-will they copy, paste, and hit enter. Too bad they don't pay closer attention to their Bibles...
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Hmmm. I will have to look for the Fr Z article.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517911 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
As Pope Benedict said if we have to go into hiding underground as it was in the beginning the truth will still remain no matter how small the church may become.I do think people including some in here have to face reality. Its not just the church, but Christianity is in decline. The Christian Churches in Europe are empty. In reference to the above Benedict believed that liturgical abuses, disobedient Bishops, priests and nuns needed to be addressed. For too long what the church taught was being ravaged by wolves from within. He took some pretty serious actions and took on some pretty powerful people. I think it drained him immensely. You dont admonish someone who demands the church conform to them. You warn them and if they do not hear the church let them be as the Heathen. The church needs to stop worrying about not offending people and speak and act without ambiguity. The new evangelization is beginning and Pope Benedict made effort to ensure the Seminaries were up for it and that meant some changes. Pope Francis was subtle a little too for my taste with Notre Dame. Notre Dame in my opinion has become a disgrace to the church. I think any school with the name Catholic on it needs to start being Catholic. Tim Mohony started his university in Florida and it wont take money from the Rockefeller foundation. No Masons allowed period.
Agreed on every point.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517912 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, DS, last night I posted a beautiful story about priests in central Africa who spent every cent they had in order to protect their persecuted Muslim neighbors and vowed to continue to do so as the persecution is ongooing. Not one person here commented on it. I'm sure no one even bothered to read the link or view the heartwarming picture of one of the priests holding a Muslim infant in his arms.
This afternoon I posted a lengthy article from Fr. Z on Septuagesima Sunday and the "countdown" from then until Lent (Ash Wednesday is in one week!). Again, no one commented on the beautiful prayer mentioned, or asked any questions or expressed any interest whatsoever.
All they were interested in was retaliation and spite because I had posted an excerpt from an article written by a Protestant evangelical that too many of them are mistaking feelings for faith. They don't have a clue as to what they think they're "digging up" about the Church. All they know is that it sounds bad to them so in a fevered frenzy of malice and ill-will they copy, paste, and hit enter. Too bad they don't pay closer attention to their Bibles...
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Do you remember the Muslims who took shelter in Bethlehem a few years back? One can only hope that they begin to wonder why someone would do that for them when the day before they were persecuting them.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517913 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
As Pope Benedict said if we have to go into hiding underground as it was in the beginning the truth will still remain no matter how small the church may become.I do think people including some in here have to face reality. Its not just the church, but Christianity is in decline. The Christian Churches in Europe are empty. In reference to the above Benedict believed that liturgical abuses, disobedient Bishops, priests and nuns needed to be addressed. For too long what the church taught was being ravaged by wolves from within. He took some pretty serious actions and took on some pretty powerful people. I think it drained him immensely. You dont admonish someone who demands the church conform to them. You warn them and if they do not hear the church let them be as the Heathen. The church needs to stop worrying about not offending people and speak and act without ambiguity. The new evangelization is beginning and Pope Benedict made effort to ensure the Seminaries were up for it and that meant some changes. Pope Francis was subtle a little too for my taste with Notre Dame. Notre Dame in my opinion has become a disgrace to the church. I think any school with the name Catholic on it needs to start being Catholic. Tim Mohony started his university in Florida and it wont take money from the Rockefeller foundation. No Masons allowed period.
“I know, however, that the light of God exists, that He is risen, that His light is stronger than any darkness and that God’s goodness is stronger than any evil in this world, and this helps me go forward with certainty.”-Pope Benedict XVI on his 85th birthday
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517914 Feb 26, 2014
I mean the Muslims were persecuting the Catholics the day before and then that Church took them in and protected them. Ironically it is the Catholic G.K. Chesterton that Ghandi accredited as a major influence in his plan of peaceful retaliation against Great Britain.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#517915 Feb 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Can it...
How did we get from your inability to demonstrate that I misquoted the Bible to this? Let's stick with the subject at hand. If I misquoted the Bible you should be able to provide evidence. You haven't so far. However, I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. Please provide evidence so that I can correct my misquote if it exists. I take misquoting the Bible seriously, just as I take misunderstanding the message of the Bible seriously.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517916 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember the Muslims who took shelter in Bethlehem a few years back? One can only hope that they begin to wonder why someone would do that for them when the day before they were persecuting them.
Well in the African article you could actually see that question, that wonderment on some of their faces. Understandably cautious, but definitely there.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517917 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so very transparent when you try to make Catholics seem as saints, when for centuries they did far more than their share of the killing in the name of god.

You people would lie to god himself ... if such a being existed.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#517918 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The good news was and is for the self-perceived holy ones is that the evil ones have a special place to go to spend their eternities.
Theologians were always considerate that way. They didn't leave others "completely" out of the picture.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.
I bet the last time you went in a haunted house they gave you a job application.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517919 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
I mean the Muslims were persecuting the Catholics the day before and then that Church took them in and protected them. Ironically it is the Catholic G.K. Chesterton that Ghandi accredited as a major influence in his plan of peaceful retaliation against Great Britain.
Passive resistance! I didn't know that about Chesterton. Ghandi is a favorite and I have a few books here about him, but they don't mention Chesterton. I'm not surprised that Ghandi favored him, though.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#517920 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in the African article you could actually see that question, that wonderment on some of their faces. Understandably cautious, but definitely there.
Of course Muslims wouldn't trust Christians, just as Christians wouldn't trust Muslims.

Even Catholics didn't trust other Catholics, and Protestants didn't trust other Protestants.

Why would trust each other when none were trust-"worthy???"
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517921 Feb 26, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Billy Graham is a liar and the truth ain't in him. Billy Graham is a bigger fool than you are if he made that false statement.
No man can come to the Father..........EXCEPT BY CHRIST. That means that to come to the Father you must be a Christian which simply means ""Christ man"". No other way to get into heaven unless you're a Christian and if Billy Graham or any other demonic spirit say anything differently than what scripture teaches then I present that he's a cotton mouth liar.
When Gentiles who have not the law do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.(Rom 2:14-16)

So when paul says their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them on that day,

He doesnt say that they are saved, but doesnt he leave a tiny fraction of a possibility of salvation with God judging the secrets of men by Christ? Or is he as you put it a cotton mouthed liar?
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517922 Feb 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
Information below is from one of the articles that Dust Storm posted.
..,German bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Eltz was recently suspended by Pope Francis for spending $42 million to renovate his luxury residence.$42 MILLION!!
,...Until 2009 the bishop of Pittsburgh lived in a 39 room mansion. 9800 square feet of living space including 11 bedrooms 6 full baths.
.....the archbishop of Chicago lived in a $15 million mansion that had belonged to the church since 1885 housing previous bishops.
....2007 the bishop of buffalo was asked by parishioners to sell his 11,000 sq ft mansion.
..,How much is enough for one man to live?
...who said the church doesn't have $$$$$$$$$$
.Everyday ..Catholics keep giving to pay for your schools, and abuse settlements, while the wealthy catholics keep their bishops cozy.
Unbelievable!
You must have (taken out) a lifetime subscription to the National Inquirer or are you just one of their "editorialist. "hack writers". Only you Michael would take the time to "dig up" these exaggerated and overblown anti-Catholic trash statistics of which you have become overly addicted"!
You have proven this to be a "compulsive dependency" ------
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517923 Feb 26, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the last time you went in a haunted house they gave you a job application.
Ok...That one made me spit out my cola. lol
truth

Fremantle, Australia

#517924 Feb 26, 2014
very sad if are you accuser its meter time find why you act as accuser toward others ..
you are in vain attacker..
nobody can't change direction of billions believers..no you know that very well propaganda not going help no.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517925 Feb 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have (taken out) a lifetime subscription to the National Inquirer or are you just one of their "editorialist. "hack writers". Only you Michael would take the time to "dig up" these exaggerated and overblown anti-Catholic trash statistics of which you have become overly addicted"!
You have proven this to be a "compulsive dependency" ------
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/20...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#517926 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed on every point.
oh dear Regina please tell me what this means that DS posted,'The new evangelization is beginning', does this include us here? The end might finally be close.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517927 Feb 26, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
How did we get from your inability to demonstrate that I misquoted the Bible to this? Let's stick with the subject at hand. If I misquoted the Bible you should be able to provide evidence. You haven't so far. However, I'm not perfect and sometimes make mistakes. Please provide evidence so that I can correct my misquote if it exists. I take misquoting the Bible seriously, just as I take misunderstanding the message of the Bible seriously.
Can it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Sylvia 10,733
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan '18 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web