Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675935 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517838 Feb 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...,124 parishes in 2008 in Camden NJ.. 70 parishes today. There must be a logical reason why the diocese has shuttered so many parishes.
.....something is wrong in New Jersey HOJO......
Sweetheart, I'm not in the Camden parish, so you can save your finger!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517839 Feb 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That was neat. I grew up in a Polish parish and they'd do that once a year with Polka music. Thanks!
Interesting...I think all of this strayed from the point that Regina and you were making, There are differences in the way cultures celebrate and express themselves. However if the only reason one is going to church is for the Rock Band and a late and to catch up on the latest gossip, tell jokes and have happy hour and maybe participate in cup of koolaid and a symbolic cracker snack on occasion the point of the mass is missed entirely. Liturgical abuses are another matter. Priests were cracked down on hard by the Vatican once it came to their attention. Pope Benedict in particular was strong in this regard. It was because of disobedience by some Bishops to John Paul that some refused to offer the Latin Mass. Pope Bendedict received resistance as well, but he then gave priests the rite to celebrate it without the approval of their Bishop.

Fr. Z in his blog calls it yucking it up in church and reminds that the mass is being watched by Angels. The snake handling pentecostals probably elicit the suspense of an acrobat without a net.

The mass is a place to reflect on and worship the Lord. There is time for socializing after the mass. What is more disconcerting is the reality that too many who call themseleves Catholic do not really understand what the mass is about. The biggest failing of the church and Catholics in general is the failure to give understanding to their children. It then becomes a robotic chore rather than a deeper understanding. Then when they seek outside they are inundated with massive fabrications of reality. Some do not bother to check back or do not know where to go. Many of those become disillusioned as they discover the fractionism and varied beliefs in Protestantism and fall away completely as paul warned division does. Others find the preacher they want to hear that reflects their personal views, values or philosophies and truth is thrown to relativity.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517840 Feb 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That was neat. I grew up in a Polish parish and they'd do that once a year with Polka music. Thanks!
Interesting...I think all of this strayed from the point that Regina and you were making, There are differences in the way cultures celebrate and express themselves. However if the only reason one is going to church is for the Rock Band and a late and to catch up on the latest gossip, tell jokes and have happy hour and maybe participate in cup of koolaid and a symbolic cracker snack on occasion the point of the mass is missed entirely. Liturgical abuses by Priests were cracked down on hard by the Vatican once it came to their attention. Pope Benedict in particular was strong in this regard. It was because of disobedience by some Bishops to John Paul that some refused to offer the Latin Mass. Pope Bendedict received resistance as well, but he then gave priests the rite to celebrate it without the approval of their Bishop.

Fr. Z in his blog calls it yucking it up in church and reminds that the mass is being watched by Angels. The snake handling pentecostals probably elicit the expense of an acrobat without a net.

The mass is a place to reflect on and worship the Lord. There is time for socializing after the mass. What is more disconcerting is the reality that too many who call themseleves Catholic do not really understand what the mass is about. The biggest failing of the church and Catholics in general is the failure to give understanding. It then becomes a robotic chore rather than a deeper understanding. Then when they seek outside they are inundated with massive fabrications of reality. Some do not bother to check back or do not know where to go. Many of those become disillusioned as they discover the fractionism and varied beliefs in Protestantism and fall away completely as paul warned division does. Others find the preacher they want to hear that reflects their personal views, values or philosophies and truth is thrown to relativity.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#517841 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, gee, if it's on Youtube! it MUST be true!! LOL....
Click on the link I provided. As I said......It is an Anomaly. Something can be held once a week and STILL be an anomaly. Sheesh! Don't be so thick.
This raises the question... How many other Anomalies out there are there.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517842 Feb 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but your link is not from a reliable source..lol
Decades old cases, nothing new here. We can also post page after page after page ad infinitum of protestant abuses, but we choose not to do so.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517843 Feb 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> This raises the question... How many other Anomalies out there are there.
I don't know, you should ask your priest.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#517844 Feb 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words ""Here is your link, before someone does accuse you of plagarism."
Translated...."You stole the info...use the link I provided, before someone else accuses you"...
So you were plagiarizing again?

You should have taken his advice and used the link.

Thief.

Location hidden

#517845 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
....It is also cultural. Have you ever seen a Mass held on other continents, such as Africa or India? You're trying to compare apples to oranges. It's not the same as evangelical fundamentalist Feel-Goodism that is the basis of their faith. And all your Youtube presentations aren't going to make it so.
You make no sense...it is you that don't get where I am coming from.....People should be going to your church to worship God not for entertainment....The House of God is not a concert hall.

Columbus, OH

#517846 Feb 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but your link is not from a reliable source..lol
I don't know about that, but it does have a great crossword puzzle.

Location hidden

#517847 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, you should ask your priest.
I will ask him when I find an orthodox church with a Jazz band performing every Sunday for Mass.It may take me awhile but if its out there I will find it......

Columbus, OH

#517848 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken. I never ever stated that I left "Christianity." I stated that I left religion.
I never (even as a child) believed in a hell or a devil ... and that means I was never a Christian.
I was simply raised by a Christian mother and a father who believed in reincarnation and who both believed that a creator created the universe.
If I recall correctly, you have taken a number of positions: You were but didn't really believe; you argued as forcefully on the other side when you were, and you've never were.

No. I'm not going to dig for those posts, but it is what I recall -- paraphrased.

If I'm wrong, so be it. But I've perceived an inconsistency too.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517849 Feb 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You make no sense...it is you that don't get where I am coming from.....People should be going to your church to worship God not for entertainment....The House of God is not a concert hall.
Actually, no, that isn't the point you were trying to make. You were trying to tie it back to what were saying about the "theatrical vs. theological" fee-good faith of evangelical fundamentalist protestants.

Some of the most beautiful "concerts" in the world have taken place in churches, such as this Protestant church in Dublin: be sure to listen....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517850 Feb 26, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were plagiarizing again?
You should have taken his advice and used the link.
Thief.
Answer the question I asked him "Who did I steal from?"

FYI....he had the wrong link....
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517851 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetheart, I'm not in the Camden parish, so you can save your finger!
Mikeys finger gets lots of waving exercise. lol Demographics change its always been so. Church pariticipation has seen rises and falls throughout history. People in areas children grow up and move away. New people move in. I remember some guys from Canada were complaining about all the Chinese that were moving in. Somehow I don't think they were Catholic. However eh, they wondered aboot how I knew they were from Canada eh? I said, Ohhhh, Eh, I dont know eh. lol Can I get an eh? Eh?

It was costing the dioces 15 million annually to maintain some of the schools which were heavily subsidized. As for the Diocese on the ArchBishops place not a penny will be taken from the Diocese or school funds. All of the funds have come from private donations which were given for it specifically. An elevator was added and some amenities, but its not what Mikey wants to make it. It is normative for priests, nuns and others to live in these residences so its not just one person. It is also a place where committees meet, dontations are gathered and dignitaries meet. It gives them a place to stay rather than rent hotels. In the past when it was borught up to sell property, the expense of purchasing new places and renting halls. When the property was bought initially it was $349,000 some 12 years ago. The value today is worth more. It is with Pope Francis message to humble down. This is not anything at all like the Bishop in Munich. That was absolutely a total and massive abuse of funds. In Jesuit tradition Francis is getting people talking about it. In part it would be like saying the entire Vatican is the Popes lavish home. When in reality the quarters in the vatican is modest. Pope Francis who spent much life with the poorer than poor gives something to reflect on.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517852 Feb 26, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that, but it does have a great crossword puzzle.
I used to do it in ink.

Columbus, OH

#517853 Feb 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question I asked him "Who did I steal from?"
FYI....he had the wrong link....
It doesn't matter who your victim was, thief.

Columbus, OH

#517854 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to do it in ink.
I typed it.

Columbus, OH

#517855 Feb 26, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to do it in ink.
P.S.: The Post's is online free:

http://games.washingtonpost.com/games/daily-c...

Not quite the Times, but not bad.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517856 Feb 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikeys finger gets lots of waving exercise. lol Demographics change its always been so. Church pariticipation has seen rises and falls throughout history. People in areas children grow up and move away. New people move in. I remember some guys from Canada were complaining about all the Chinese that were moving in. Somehow I don't think they were Catholic. However eh, they wondered aboot how I knew they were from Canada eh? I said, Ohhhh, Eh, I dont know eh. lol Can I get an eh? Eh?
It was costing the dioces 15 million annually to maintain some of the schools which were heavily subsidized. As for the Diocese on the ArchBishops place not a penny will be taken from the Diocese or school funds. All of the funds have come from private donations which were given for it specifically. An elevator was added and some amenities, but its not what Mikey wants to make it. It is normative for priests, nuns and others to live in these residences so its not just one person. It is also a place where committees meet, dontations are gathered and dignitaries meet. It gives them a place to stay rather than rent hotels. In the past when it was borught up to sell property, the expense of purchasing new places and renting halls. When the property was bought initially it was $349,000 some 12 years ago. The value today is worth more. It is with Pope Francis message to humble down. This is not anything at all like the Bishop in Munich. That was absolutely a total and massive abuse of funds. In Jesuit tradition Francis is getting people talking about it. In part it would be like saying the entire Vatican is the Popes lavish home. When in reality the quarters in the vatican is modest. Pope Francis who spent much life with the poorer than poor gives something to reflect on.
He's been posting about the Camden diocese for the last three days, and all because we laughed at him. His feelings got hurt, so now he's *trying* to lash out, LOL. I live in NJ and Camden is in NJ, so amidst all the misfiring some synapses fired and a tentative connection was made! Hip-hip, Hooray, eh!!?? Now he'll start dragging out all those old abuse cases the way he usually does.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#517857 Feb 26, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I typed it.
Invisible ink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Egypt's top imam meets pope, urges ... 4 hr Almond Rose 20-20 2
News Pope Francis meets knights of ancient order in ... Thu namredipsobla 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,520
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
More from around the web