Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,526
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517539 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll bite.
Why do you believe it is moral to kill a child for the sins of the child's father?
What does your TRUTH say?
Personally, I believe that is immoral. Why do you believe otherwise?
Let the TRUTH shine! Enlighten us.
Ramen
Answers to questions like this are not decided upon yours or my "opinions"! It is a matter of biblical and historical apostolic Moral TRUTH ! Atheists, agnostics and Protestant bible only fundamentalist live a life of "what I think is truth". The One True Apostolic Catholic Church does not, has not, nor will ever base it's TRUTH of doctrine and teachings on " taking a vote" but on 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTHS that have handed down from the Early Catholic Christian Church beginning with Christs first Church at Antioch, The truth of doctrine of Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is "not a democracy" but a matter of "obedience to the Truth of the True Teachings and True interpretation of the bible form the early Church a Fathers who were inspired by God Himself it compile it, write it and interpret it in 382, 393, and 397 AD!!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517540 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bills....the crs ones...
Bills?

Some typo cop you're turning out to be.

I'll bet you don't know jack about God either.(sigh)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517541 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog has no religion....when he dies, I will bury him and that will be the end for him....nothing but the cold damp earth around him...is this how you view your death and burial.....like a dog???
I hope to be cremated ... and "YES" I do believe that my worth is no more, nor should be any more than that of any other form of life.

The dog had to suffer ... I have to suffer ... and that is fair to both of us.

A system that includes suffering does not live up to anything divine.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517542 Feb 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
a. It does not use all of what Jesus taught.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your SELF ... what exactly DID Jesus teach?
Did he teach that he was a leader of a Gnostic religion???
Not paying attention again, June? You seem to do this often.

"what exactly DID Jesus teach?"
- ACCORDING TO ME - he taught alot of things about peace and love, the Spirit, and the after-life.

Since you seem to be lazy and stubborn, maybe you should take some time to read the Bible and the non-canonical texts to really get a better grasp of what he taught.

Good luck.

Albuquerque, NM

#517543 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No it ain't....
According to Lying Snake, if I don't say whom the author is of an article or other info I copy/paste, I am guilty of plagiarism.....who did you give credit to for the info?????
The link has all that information. I just saved some time with just posting the link to that information.

You can do the same. Try it. You may have better success with your discussions with the other posters.

Thanks for responding.

Prince George, Canada

#517544 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
One of the subjects Luther wanted to discuss was the erroneous teaching, not supported by Scripture, that the pope has the power to remit any penalties beyond those imposed either at his own discretion or by canon law....the meeting never occurred...to my knowledge, this false teaching has never stopped....
Silly!

Martin Luther created a whole new religion by using the same bible used by the pope.

Wake up ... or not. It's your choice.

Luther was just as righteous in his haughty attitude of being righteous when he was a devout Catholic as when he became ex-Catholic.

Albuquerque, NM

#517545 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So people don't accuse you of plagarism.....I'll supply your link....
http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/greeklangu ...
No need to thank me - just buy me things!
No it ain't....
According to Lying Snake, if I don't say whom the author is of an article or other info I copy/paste, I am guilty of plagiarism.....who did you give credit to for the info?????
No need to keep posting your post, I read it the first time.

Prince George, Canada

#517546 Feb 25, 2014
a. It does not use all of what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
Not paying attention again, June? You seem to do this often.
"what exactly DID Jesus teach?"
- ACCORDING TO ME - he taught alot of things about peace and love, the Spirit, and the after-life.
Since you seem to be lazy and stubborn, maybe you should take some time to read the Bible and the non-canonical texts to really get a better grasp of what he taught.
Good luck.
If you know that Jesus lived and all he taught, you also believe you have mastered truth.

I disagree with you that your self is all that special as to be graced with truth, while others are deprived.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517547 Feb 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
in this world, 116 people die every minute. 7,000 every hour. 140,000 Every day. God can technically stop every one of them. So what's the difference if He allows it in one swoop or slowly over our lifetime. The end result is the same. We are going to die because God made it so.
So to answer your question, "how many has our God 'killed'"? about 80 since I began this paragraph.
Now lose your silly gimmick.
ramen
That is pretty profound. Everyone who dies is actually killed by your god.

So if your god were not killing everyone, we'd live much longer. Forever maybe.

Kill away sweet Jesus.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#517548 Feb 25, 2014
According to all dumbed-down theology the creator is perfect.

If the creator was and is perfect ... suffering could not exist.

Bunkology
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517549 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll bite.
Why do you believe it is moral to kill a child for the sins of the child's father?
What does your TRUTH say?
Personally, I believe that is immoral. Why do you believe otherwise?
Let the TRUTH shine! Enlighten us.
Ramen
If you want to "opinionize or editorialize your "RELATIVE TRUTH beliefs or non-beliefs then go join one of the 42,200 contradicting and inconsistent bible only denominations and find the one that will tell you "exactly" what you want to hear!!!!......Been there and done that nonsense for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517550 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers to questions like this are not decided upon yours or my "opinions"! It is a matter of biblical and Moral TRUTH ! Atheists, agnostics and Protestant bible only fundamentalist live a life of "what I think is truth". The One True Apostolic Catholic Church does not, has not, nor will ever base it's TRUTH of doctrine and teachings on " taking a vote" but on 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTHS that have handed down from the Early Catholic Christian Church beginning with Christs first Church at Antioch, The truth of doctrine of Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is "not a democracy" but a matter of "obedience to the Truth of the True Teachings and True interpretation of the bible form the early Church a Fathers who were inspired b God Himself it compile it, write it and interpret it in 382, 393, and 397 AD!!!!
Biblical,Moral TRUTH ---- vs what I think is moral truth.

OK, I think it is immoral to kill innocent children. Your apostolic Moral TRUTH says otherwise.

Sounds like a double standard to me. This is the problem when a delusion is examined in detail.

No god should espouse a double standard. Mine certainly doesn't. Mine is a moral God.

Ramen

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#517551 Feb 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Your the one judging everybody. Read your posts.
bigots and zealots is bigots and zealots....fences simply divides 'em by smell.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517552 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
oops!! pills....
So many 'oops' from someone who supposedly knows all about God.

Like the lying stake thing. They just keep coming.

Prince George, Canada

#517553 Feb 25, 2014
Why do suppose the popes took on new "titles" when they became popes???

I suggest you keep in mind that the popes were much more impressed with the title "Jesus" as their supposed savior, than they were with the title "Ihcuc" that they plagiarized from the Greek language.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

CatholicCulture.Org

I.C.
Jesus -- first and last letters of his name in Greek, Ihcuc.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar ...

Prince George, Canada

#517554 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to "opinionize or editorialize your "RELATIVE TRUTH beliefs or non-beliefs then go join one of the 42,200 contradicting and inconsistent bible only denominations and find the one that will tell you "exactly" what you want to hear!!!!......Been there and done that nonsense for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant!!!
"Relative truth???"

What IS that???

:)

Location hidden

#517555 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo gets his rocks off on his own sermons.
It's a form of mental masturbation.
Ho's a cathaholic creflo- TBN type freak....with the EW type smell.
The debil makes 'em do it.....

Prince George, Canada

#517556 Feb 25, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
bigots and zealots is bigots and zealots....fences simply divides 'em by smell.
By smell HUH???

They might be right.

tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the hard-cover-book, titled,“Stories Behind Everyday Things,” published by “The Reader’s Digest,” comes the following.

During the crusades the Christians’ dogs were said to be able to smell the difference between a Christian and infidel, and so attack appropriately.

Location hidden

#517557 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't believe my 70 years in religion was a waste of time.
Without having been indulged in such fantasies concerning religion, I wouldn't be able to share with others how I managed to finally escape religion.
Atheists that were never under the spell of religion can't possibly know the hypnotic appeal OF religion.
That is my concept of truth.
Maybe that's why I'm so hard on ya June....I don't know....

Location hidden

#517558 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Christians if you have been validly baptized.
But:
FIFTH QUESTION
Why do the texts of the Council and those of the Magisterium since the Council not use the title of “Church” with regard to those Christian Communities born out of the Reformation of the sixteenth century?
RESPONSE
According to Catholic doctrine, these Communities do not enjoy apostolic succession in the sacrament of Orders, and are, therefore, deprived of a constitutive element of the Church. These ecclesial Communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood, have not preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery[19] cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called “Churches” in the proper sense[20].
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
Uh huh....more stupid church segregationist rhetoric and ritual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 18 min Islam Forbids 1,983
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Cultastic 8,909
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web