Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603094 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#517529 Feb 25, 2014
And if that wasn't confusing enough for my child's brain ... my ex-Catholic father joined the nutty Rosicrucians that taught him all about reincarnation, and how humans had fallen from grace and had to work their way back up the ladder after many life-times of misery, to once again be graced by the same god that had first created them to BE fallible.

The insanity originated in religion, and it won't go away until people choose to cast it off as nothing but trouble.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517530 Feb 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I was a child I could not imagine a world without religion.
Now, my hopes are based on the idea that some day humans will cast off the last remnants of religion that will in turn stop the insane killing in the name of gods.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Christian fighters attempted to overthrow the Muslim rebel government in early December, sparking unprecedented bloodshed that left more than 1,000 people dead in a matter of days. An untold number have died in the weeks that followed, with most of the attacks in Bangui targeting Muslims.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/central-african-...
My dog has no religion....when he dies, I will bury him and that will be the end for him....nothing but the cold damp earth around him...is this how you view your death and burial.....like a dog???

Location hidden

#517531 Feb 25, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it?
From the board typo cop and one who knows all about God?
Pills.
Your bills....the crs ones...

Location hidden

#517532 Feb 25, 2014
oops!! pills....

Location hidden

#517533 Feb 25, 2014
One of the subjects Luther wanted to discuss was the erroneous teaching, not supported by Scripture, that the pope has the power to remit any penalties beyond those imposed either at his own discretion or by canon law....the meeting never occurred...to my knowledge, this false teaching has never stopped....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#517534 Feb 25, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Christians if you have been validly baptized.
But:
FIFTH QUESTION
Why do the texts of the Council and those of the Magisterium since the Council not use the title of “Church” with regard to those Christian Communities born out of the Reformation of the sixteenth century?
RESPONSE
According to Catholic doctrine, these Communities do not enjoy apostolic succession in the sacrament of Orders, and are, therefore, deprived of a constitutive element of the Church. These ecclesial Communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood, have not preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery[19] cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called “Churches” in the proper sense[20].
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...
If we are Christian d who worship our Saviour ...no one of us says you HSVE to like where and how we worship.

When two or three gather IN HIS,NAME ..He is,there....our hearts to HIM..still makes us brothers and sisters in CHRIST ...I can worship God in a,Church or on a beach ..alone or with my brothers and sisters....a Catholic or Baptist Church worshipping Jesus Christ is a House of God...

Again each heart..even a born again heart ...whacko though you guys,think that worships the
SAME SAVIOUR you do...though you dislike,US...we,LOVE OUR LORD...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#517535 Feb 25, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You,Michael and other atheists and agnostics like yourself are the ones who are instigators in dividing and the splintering of humanity. We as Christians may not totally agree with each but we remain united under God Our Father and creator!!!
At least until the killing begins again anyway.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#517536 Feb 25, 2014
How many people has your god killed?
When God burned to death 250 men for burning incense in Numbers 16.35, we know how many were killed.
But how many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah?
How many first-born Egyptian children did he kill?
There’s just no way to know for sure.
Here’s the total, if you use only numbers that are provided in the Bible: 2,821,364.
Are you happy worshipping a maniac god who kills innocent children?
My God is a moral God. Yours is not.
Ramen
in this world, 116 people die every minute. 7,000 every hour. 140,000 Every day. God can technically stop every one of them. So what's the difference if He allows it in one swoop or slowly over our lifetime. The end result is the same. We are going to die because God made it so.

So to answer your question, "how many has our God 'killed'"? about 80 since I began this paragraph.
Now lose your silly gimmick.
ramen

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#517537 Feb 25, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
OxBreath was thieving?
I'd never have thunk it!
:o)

I like to refernce him as Rabbi Oxbow.

Albuquerque, NM

#517538 Feb 25, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I hope this is helpful.
According to the teaching of the Catholic Church, to receive the fruits of the sacraments requires that a person be properly disposed. This means reception of grace via the sacraments is not automatic. There must be, at least in the case of an adult, an openness to receive the grace which is available in a sacrament. When the recipient is properly disposed, the grace of the sacrament is effective and is received even if the priest or minister is in a serious state of sin. This principle gives a certainty to the availability of grace through the sacraments.
The principle of ex opere operato affirms that while a proper disposition (openness) is necessary to receive grace in the sacraments, it is not the cause of the grace.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_opere_operato
Now, to receive the fruits of the sacraments, you should be properly disposed. At least in adults, there must be a predispositional receptivity to receive the grace that is always available in a validly effected sacrament. This means reception of grace via the sacraments is not automatic. But the ex opere operato nature of the sacraments reminds us that, while a proper disposition is necessary to receive grace in the sacraments, it isn't the cause of that grace.
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/what-d...
Council of Trent declared: "If anyone say that the sacraments of the New Law do not contain the grace which they signify, or that they do not confer grace on those who place no obstacle to the same, let him be anathema" (Sess. viii, can.vi). "If anyone say that grace is not conferred by the sacraments ex opere operato but that faith in God's promises is alone sufficient for obtaining grace, let him be anathema" (ibid., can. viii; cf. can. iv, v, vii).
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13295a.htm
Considering not all the Sacraments can be achieved by the Catholics, your viewpoint ends after Marriage.....five out of seven isn't too bad, huh?

- Baptism
- Eucharist
- Penance
- Confirmation or Chrismation
- Matrimony

Not attainable by laymen:
- Anointing of the Sick
- Holy Orders

If one is unable to onbtain all seven sacraments, does that mean that person is not going to be "saved"?
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517539 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
OK, I'll bite.
Why do you believe it is moral to kill a child for the sins of the child's father?
What does your TRUTH say?
Personally, I believe that is immoral. Why do you believe otherwise?
Let the TRUTH shine! Enlighten us.
Ramen
Answers to questions like this are not decided upon yours or my "opinions"! It is a matter of biblical and historical apostolic Moral TRUTH ! Atheists, agnostics and Protestant bible only fundamentalist live a life of "what I think is truth". The One True Apostolic Catholic Church does not, has not, nor will ever base it's TRUTH of doctrine and teachings on " taking a vote" but on 2000 years of biblical and historical TRUTHS that have handed down from the Early Catholic Christian Church beginning with Christs first Church at Antioch, The truth of doctrine of Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church is "not a democracy" but a matter of "obedience to the Truth of the True Teachings and True interpretation of the bible form the early Church a Fathers who were inspired by God Himself it compile it, write it and interpret it in 382, 393, and 397 AD!!!!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517540 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bills....the crs ones...
Bills?

Some typo cop you're turning out to be.

I'll bet you don't know jack about God either.(sigh)

Prince George, Canada

#517541 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog has no religion....when he dies, I will bury him and that will be the end for him....nothing but the cold damp earth around him...is this how you view your death and burial.....like a dog???
I hope to be cremated ... and "YES" I do believe that my worth is no more, nor should be any more than that of any other form of life.

The dog had to suffer ... I have to suffer ... and that is fair to both of us.

A system that includes suffering does not live up to anything divine.

Albuquerque, NM

#517542 Feb 25, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
a. It does not use all of what Jesus taught.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your SELF ... what exactly DID Jesus teach?
Did he teach that he was a leader of a Gnostic religion???
Not paying attention again, June? You seem to do this often.

"what exactly DID Jesus teach?"
- ACCORDING TO ME - he taught alot of things about peace and love, the Spirit, and the after-life.

Since you seem to be lazy and stubborn, maybe you should take some time to read the Bible and the non-canonical texts to really get a better grasp of what he taught.

Good luck.

Albuquerque, NM

#517543 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No it ain't....
According to Lying Snake, if I don't say whom the author is of an article or other info I copy/paste, I am guilty of plagiarism.....who did you give credit to for the info?????
The link has all that information. I just saved some time with just posting the link to that information.

You can do the same. Try it. You may have better success with your discussions with the other posters.

Thanks for responding.

Prince George, Canada

#517544 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
One of the subjects Luther wanted to discuss was the erroneous teaching, not supported by Scripture, that the pope has the power to remit any penalties beyond those imposed either at his own discretion or by canon law....the meeting never occurred...to my knowledge, this false teaching has never stopped....
Silly!

Martin Luther created a whole new religion by using the same bible used by the pope.

Wake up ... or not. It's your choice.

Luther was just as righteous in his haughty attitude of being righteous when he was a devout Catholic as when he became ex-Catholic.

Albuquerque, NM

#517545 Feb 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So people don't accuse you of plagarism.....I'll supply your link....
http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/greeklangu ...
No need to thank me - just buy me things!
No it ain't....
According to Lying Snake, if I don't say whom the author is of an article or other info I copy/paste, I am guilty of plagiarism.....who did you give credit to for the info?????
No need to keep posting your post, I read it the first time.

Prince George, Canada

#517546 Feb 25, 2014
a. It does not use all of what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
Not paying attention again, June? You seem to do this often.
"what exactly DID Jesus teach?"
- ACCORDING TO ME - he taught alot of things about peace and love, the Spirit, and the after-life.
Since you seem to be lazy and stubborn, maybe you should take some time to read the Bible and the non-canonical texts to really get a better grasp of what he taught.
Good luck.
If you know that Jesus lived and all he taught, you also believe you have mastered truth.

I disagree with you that your self is all that special as to be graced with truth, while others are deprived.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517547 Feb 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
in this world, 116 people die every minute. 7,000 every hour. 140,000 Every day. God can technically stop every one of them. So what's the difference if He allows it in one swoop or slowly over our lifetime. The end result is the same. We are going to die because God made it so.
So to answer your question, "how many has our God 'killed'"? about 80 since I began this paragraph.
Now lose your silly gimmick.
ramen
That is pretty profound. Everyone who dies is actually killed by your god.

So if your god were not killing everyone, we'd live much longer. Forever maybe.

Kill away sweet Jesus.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#517548 Feb 25, 2014
According to all dumbed-down theology the creator is perfect.

If the creator was and is perfect ... suffering could not exist.

Bunkology

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 16 hr Chimney1 420
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 18 hr satanlovesyou 84,393
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Wed Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 23 Mr Sir 9,670
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web