Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637844 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#517768 Feb 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...what would really anger you would be, if we All made it to heaven not just your select group.
I agree that many in religion such as hojo have the attitude of one up-man-ship ... "I deserve heaven because I am faithful to God and others deserve hell because they offend God by not believing in him."

Very silly attitudes in deed.

Canada

#517769 Feb 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
In rereading a correction..they ..the,secularists will go after the,Jews next..
Who (according to your opinion) are the secularists???

Canada

#517770 Feb 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then make your choice,( which you undoubtably ) have already made and go live your life without criticizing the faith of others--especially Catholics and the Catholic Church! You and other anti-Catholics seem to forget----"YOU came looking for us Catholics" for the ( one and
Only one purpose)---to attack and bash our Catholic faith and our Church! You would not find one Catholic going to a bible only forum or an atheistic/agnostic forum for the sole purpose of vindictively and hostily attacking and condemning you or any other non-Catholic!! The reason is because we know that (as Catholic) we possess the Fullness of the Truth and the Fullness of the faith and don't need to go looking for you anti-Catholics "looking for a fight--which is a waste of time. Think about it Michael! It is a necessity for you and other Catholic
Bashers Ito attack the Truth of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church "each and every day" in order for you June, Ox Confrinting LTM and other anti-Catholics bin order for you to exist!!!!!!
It was your pope's words that invited us to this forum to debate the issues.

We are not now in your Catholic church offending those who preach their sermons as being based on truth.

You are here preaching at others and others are responding ... which is the object of forums.

Canada

#517771 Feb 26, 2014
Full Definition of CARNAL

a : relating to or given to crude bodily pleasures and appetites

b : marked by sexuality <carnal love>

: bodily, corporeal <seen with carnal eyes>

a : temporal <carnal weapons>

b : worldly <a carnal mind>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/car...

Canada

#517772 Feb 26, 2014
Religious thought is fed by carnal appetites.

"I want to go to heaven, and I will program my brain-cells with that lust FOR heaven. If I can find a savior that will do the work for me, all the better. Whatever I have to do I will assure my self that I have made the grade."

Carnal LUST.

Canada

#517773 Feb 26, 2014
Others took it upon their selves to re-interpret the words written by Shakespeare.

My guess is, Shakespeare would not have been amused with the new meanings applied to his words, as to him their meanings would have been clear.

Many committed the same atrocities with the bibles, applying their own meanings to other people's words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From Uncle Johnís Bathroom Reader (Plunges into Great Lives edition) comes the following Ö Page 327 Ö

Johnsonís was not the first English dictionary. There was, for example, a dictionary of Shakespearean words (yes, they needed Shakespeare explained, even in the 1700s!).
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517774 Feb 26, 2014
You would not find one Catholic going to a Protestant bible only forum or an atheistic/agnostic forum for the sole purpose of vindictively and hostily attacking and condemning you or any other non-Catholic!! There is "no purpose" for us, as Catholics to do so because we already know that the Catholic Faith and the Church already possesses the Fullness of the Truth and the Fullness of the faith and don't need to go looking for you anti-Catholics to attack what you believe or don't believe--which is a waste of our time!!!

Canada

#517775 Feb 26, 2014
A carnal mind cannot escape carnal thought, as without carnal thoughts the mind would not function.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

b : worldly <a carnal mind>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/car ...
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517776 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your pope's words that invited us to this forum to debate the issues.
We are not now in your Catholic church offending those who preach their sermons as being based on truth.
You are here preaching at others and others are responding ... which is the object of forums.
No June! It is your own previous "built up" hostility, vindictiveness and animosity towards our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church that brought you here! Don't blame our Pope for your (long standing) hate against the Catholic Church

Canada

#517777 Feb 26, 2014
Many humans programmed by religion jumped off of cliffs and committed suicide in other manners because of the fear that carnal-thinking was of the devil.

If you don't relieve your selves of such stupid archaic thoughts ... you will not be able to be at peace with your own material animal make-up ... and that will make the day for the theologians who want and need you to live in discomfort in your own body ... so that you will in turn need their "assistance."
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#517778 Feb 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't allow,rebirth can happen outside the confines,of the RCC ...I do ..I know it..I have felt it.
Snipped for alot of wind with no substance. You saying the church does not allow for rebrith outside the church is another of your false statements.
You say I have the full truth. Well many many of your brand accuse each other of preaching of another gospel..You dont agree on much when it comes down to it. Ultimately you want us to believe that whatever one teaches or believes its all good as long as they believe in Christ.

You say you learn about history. Get real! You dont know anything about history and the only thing you have entertained is hostile false anti-catholic protestant falsehoods many of which were exposed as being completely erroneous on this thread alone numerous times.
The Apostles did not pass out bibles. Peter says the unlearned and unstable wrest the scripture unto their destruction. You say...Ohh NO its all Good whatever Christ leads them to to teach or believe as long as they are believers he knows their hearts.
Hebrews says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief for it would be unprofitable for you. You say, OHH NO its All good.
You say the reformation happened because God knew literacy was going to happen. lol Do you even have a clue how many people around the world cannot read nor write? Do you have a clue how many in America cannot? You do know a Catholic invented the printed the press right? You do know the church had translated bibles into several languages long before the reformation right? Oh wait no, According to your history the reformation caused bibles to be printed. lol Now many more can wrest the scripture unto their destruction using cliffnotes from any heretic on what the bible really says provided they can really read. The unlearned and unstable ones who teach to those who cannot read well since there are no false teachers you must have eliminated Peter. Some Protestestants are beginning to eliminate Paul too. Since Protestants saw fit to eliminate books that were in the septuigant used by the Apostles then nothing stands in their way to eliminate more. No biggie, but feel free to use that all scripture is profitable except the ones you find inconvenient.

Surely there is no evidence at all of people needing correction and guidance in scripture. GET REAL! Paul was definitely wrong in telling Timothy not to ordain just anyone, it was just temporary until bibles could be printed and mail order preacher certificates came out.
I contend that there is a little Catholic church that you could have walked into and come to know your supression of Christ and sought for a deeper understanding. The rhetoric and foolishness you spew in here despite being corrected numerous times says you have no desire to do so.

Canada

#517779 Feb 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
You would not find one Catholic going to a Protestant bible only forum or an atheistic/agnostic forum for the sole purpose of vindictively and hostily attacking and condemning you or any other non-Catholic!! There is "no purpose" for us, as Catholics to do so because we already know that the Catholic Faith and the Church already possesses the Fullness of the Truth and the Fullness of the faith and don't need to go looking for you anti-Catholics to attack what you believe or don't believe--which is a waste of our time!!!
You can't manipulate others off of forums, or force them to see life through your view-points.

You might as well adjust to that idea ... or you will constantly keep irritating your self.

Forums are for those who want to discuss issues.

Churches are for sermons.
Michael

Canada

#517780 Feb 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Theatrical is a great way to put it. It seems unless the adrenaline gets flowing at their services, the 'holy spirit' isn't present. If their adrenaline flows, then the spirit moved them. Same with individual scripture reading. They discern if they got it right by how their heart rate is. That's how I see it.
Very seldom, if ever, have I walked out of Mass feeling jacked up like I just saw a great movie or football game. I feel just the opposite. I feel peace, calmness, love, compassion, humble etc. Even if there was a fiery homily that got me excited, its not the Holy Spirit making me feel that way, its 'excitement.'
I've said before, I think the entire protestant evangelical service makes or breaks on whether or not the minister can move them. If he's not a charismatic articulate speaker, forget it.
....I remember back in the early 60s our church had some very powerful motivation priest speakers. I guess it was just their excitement that motivated them.

..,So the holy spirit is not present at protestant services? Because your research says so. HUH!

Canada

#517781 Feb 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No June! It is your own previous "built up" hostility, vindictiveness and animosity towards our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church that brought you here! Don't blame our Pope for your (long standing) hate against the Catholic Church
I have no hatred for your popes, or your religion.

I believe that all religion mislead and keeps on misleading followers to believe in the fantasy that they are special to the supposed gods.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517782 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that many in religion such as hojo have the attitude of one up-man-ship ... "I deserve heaven because I am faithful to God and others deserve hell because they offend God by not believing in him."
Very silly attitudes in deed.
Deserve heaven???????? These words of yourself June is "exactly what ails you! Vindictiveness, animosity, revenge, and hostility toward Almighty God Himself, His son Jesus and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church----just "making up things" about what the Catholic Church (actually) believes and teaches from your own hostile anti-catholic opinion!!!!
Michael

Canada

#517783 Feb 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But would you not agree that because of their lives under your influence, their brain-cells were programmed to accept each other as equals.
In the wild the issue would be about survival and protecting their own offspring.
...they hit it off right from the get go. It was probably the holy spirit using his animal influences that keeps them best friends. Why not people claim animals are gods creation and churches now offer special blessings once a year.

.,,Imagine my cat and dog going to heaven and I am not.(lol)

Canada

#517784 Feb 26, 2014
From Uncle Johnís Bathroom Reader (Plunges into Great Lives edition) comes the following Ö Page 327 Ö

So how do you write a dictionary? Johnsonís method was this: He read books, pamphlets, poetry, and anything else he could get his hands on. He marked any words he hadnít yet collected and wrote his definition in the margin. Then he passed the marked books and papers to his assistants (he had six), who copied each defined word and the sentence it came from onto their own sheet of paper. To put the book together, the papers were assembled into alphabetical order and copied into a manuscriptóby hand.

The same technique of reading, marking, and keeping card-files was used by lexicographers until very recently.(Nowadays they donít seem to want to make pencil marks on their computer screens.)

Canada

#517785 Feb 26, 2014

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Unlike modern dictionaries, Johnsonís work contains plenty of his own opinions and wit in the definitions. For example:

Gallery: the seats in the playhouse above the pit, in which the meaner people sit.

Novel: a small tale, generally of love.

Of course, one reason Johnson had the freedom to write his definitions however he liked was because he was writing his dictionary practically single-handedly. So itís probably good he found a way to amuse himself, given that one of his definitions of the word ďdullĒ read:ďTo make dictionaries is dull work.Ē
YTube

Marietta, GA

#517787 Feb 26, 2014

The POPE ...."BANNED"

http://youtu.be/zbzZ_00pX-k

Canada

#517788 Feb 26, 2014
TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram Ö an investigation into the mystery of speech Ö

Even the believers admit itís a tricky business, because if you are trying to re-create proto-World your starting materials are languages which themselves have been reconstructed. Thereís no firm ground to stand on, and you are reduced to comparing lists of words you think were part of languages thousands of years old in order to uncover the even more ancient ancestors of those words: and none of the words on the lists youíre starting with are written anywhere, even in the oldest available stone tablets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Mon nanoanomaly 1,965
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Mr Sir 10,082
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web