Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688560 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517251 Feb 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
He's right, the people God called to be the 'true church' are the 'true church'. We are common day evangelists trying to get you to get you saved eternally through Jesus, why don't you believe Jesus, why do you follow man-made rituals instead of following Him?
Oh, you mean "once saved always save"! This is just another one of your "fundamental distortions, twisting and manipulation of the TRUE interpretation of the bible by some self-interpreting fundamentalist "hack" preacher. As a former Protestant that was raised as a bible only "fundie" NO-WHERE in the bible is there "any" biblical truth to this this nonsense of yours.......We as Catholics all know there is eternal Salvation in Jesus Christ however (as Paul instructs us) " it is a process of "running the race, fighting the good fight and keeping the faith". AND as Paul concludes---"not everyone finishes the race". Please don' try and dupe cradle Catholics with this OSAS Protestant mulatkey ,,, Salvation comes through Jesus Christ. Through His Church and not guaranteed to everyone except by Gods Grace. Many have excepted Christ with good intensions and fallen away, turning their back and rejecting Jesus'
offer of Salvation. Paul also is definitely clear on this !!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#517252 Feb 24, 2014
mucanje tepanje
speech
its bitter in trot
trotoare=pathway briks
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
tru and truth
because they don't liked truth nooooooooooooooo
evil serve evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllll
nothing to do with god

sufix=gramar==proide = to be evil wicket famouse borrowers
evil serve evil

sure and insure
sufiiiiiiii=muslim
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#517253 Feb 24, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
No, none and not one Roman Catholic church is Christian.
Did Rome re-write this history as well? The book of Acts was written by Luke not Ignatius.
Acts 11:25-26, 25 "So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians."
Christians, yes. Roman Catholics, absolutely not.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi oldg,
I know you think we Roman Catholics aren't Christian, but I was wondering if you believe these guys aren't too:
Latin Catholics, Greek, Armenian Apostolic, Syrian, Ethiopian, Ukrainian, Byzantine, Maronite, and many other eastern Catholic and Orthodox Christians?
How about Lutheran, Methodist and Anglican. Are they Christian?
Who is a Christian and why do you single out the Catholic Church in Rome? I asked you this before but you ran away.
cly/liam/or whatever you call yourself today said, quote, "I know you think we Roman Catholics aren't Christian, but I was wondering if you believe these guys aren't too:
Latin Catholics, Greek, Armenian Apostolic, Syrian, Ethiopian, Ukrainian, Byzantine, Maronite, and many other eastern Catholic and Orthodox Christians?" End quote.

Every sect your pope controls is non-Christian. Why? Because they are guided by and follow the rantings of your pope and not the teachings of Jesus Christ. PERIOD!

The Roman Catholic church IS the Roman Empire wrapped in a cloak of Christianity. This began with your founding father Constantine. There was nothing Christian about Constantine or the Roman Empire and there is certainly nothing "truly" Christian about the Roman Catholic organization you call a "church".

cly/liam/or whatever you call yourself today said, quote, "How about Lutheran, Methodist and Anglican. Are they Christian?" End quote.

Do these churches report to and tithe to Rome?

cly/liam/or whatever you call yourself today said, quote, "Who is a Christian and why do you single out the Catholic Church in Rome? I asked you this before but you ran away." End quote.

Ran away? From you? LOL LOL LOL Not hardly.

Who is a Christian?

John 3:3-7, 3 "Jesus answered him,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him,“How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you,‘You must be born again.’ "

Acts 16:25-31, 25 "About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, 26 and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's bonds were unfastened. 27 When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul cried with a loud voice,“Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.” 29 And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. 30 Then he brought them out and said,“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said,“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#517254 Feb 24, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
No, none and not one Roman Catholic church is Christian.
Did Rome re-write this history as well? The book of Acts was written by Luke not Ignatius.
Acts 11:25-26, 25 "So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians."
Christians, yes. Roman Catholics, absolutely not.
<quoted text>
cly/liam/or whatever you call yourself today said, quote, "I know you think we Roman Catholics aren't Christian, but I was wondering if you believe these guys aren't too:
Latin Catholics, Greek, Armenian Apostolic, Syrian, Ethiopian, Ukrainian, Byzantine, Maronite, and many other eastern Catholic and Orthodox Christians?" End quote.
Every sect your pope controls is non-Christian. Why? Because they are guided by and follow the rantings of your pope and not the teachings of Jesus Christ. PERIOD!
The Roman Catholic church IS the Roman Empire wrapped in a cloak of Christianity. This began with your founding father Constantine. There was nothing Christian about Constantine or the Roman Empire and there is certainly nothing "truly" Christian about the Roman Catholic organization you call a "church".
cly/liam/or whatever you call yourself today said, quote, "How about Lutheran, Methodist and Anglican. Are they Christian?" End quote.
cly/liam/or whatever you call yourself today said, quote, "Who is a Christian and why do you single out the Catholic Church in Rome? I asked you this before but you ran away." End quote.
Who is a Christian?
John 3:3-7, 3 "Jesus answered him,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him,“How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered,“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you,‘You must be born again.’ "
Acts 16:25-31, 25 "About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, 26 and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's bonds were unfastened. 27 When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul cried with a loud voice,“Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.” 29 And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. 30 Then he brought them out and said,“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said,“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Yeah but i listed many who don't follow the Pope (Orthodox sects). Yet they believe in the things we do.
It sounds like to you, the Deacon Oldgee, that nobody prior to the reformation was Christian? Except for the Apostles, but not their students i presume.

Seriously, don't run away like a chicken. Don't shove our Bible verses in our faces and run. Be a man and justify your radical theology.
truth

Perth, Australia

#517255 Feb 24, 2014
progon=exodus
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

seeeeeeeeeeeeee

its Nicodemus as king who hurt and be jealous over righteousness he liked put them in fire but Lord is been there too..
truth

Perth, Australia

#517256 Feb 24, 2014
i told you decivers and posessors on most evil way there not god

seeeeeee what i say to

they pray ones have to died or divorce

evil serve evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllll
they are not priest they are evil full of lust pride and so onnnnnn
truth

Perth, Australia

#517257 Feb 24, 2014
i show to you aparat party and leaders clubs and others evil posessors how much hurt people depleeeeeeeeee

every sickness on this world coming in name of borrowers=wicket as payichi and rajichi
evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllll

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#517258 Feb 24, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sure. I created my own God,
OK, I'll bit. Why did you create a god that is immoral and full of human emotions, who allowed his hand-picked church to botch its charge for 2000 years?
My God does not need a bank.
My God does not use diplomatic immunity to cover-up child abuse.
My God does not believe the child should be punished for the sins of the father.
Do you think THAT is moral?
Of course not.
Proof. Even you believe your god is immoral. But you have been programed since early childhood, Sad.
Ramen
Like i said, i don't enjoy participating in your psychological gimmick. I don't know what's going on internally with you, but your misconceptions about what we Catholics believe is second to none. And the fact that people take time to clarify certain misconceptions to you (even a Catholic Priest did) and you completely ignore it, shows you have some other 'issues' that have nothing to do with sound theology or science.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Surrey, Canada

#517259 Feb 24, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The book of Acts was written by Luke not Ignatius.
The books concerning all religion were written by men.

I suggest that Luke was a fictional character, as were all those characters in the pretentious "copyrights."
truth

Perth, Australia

#517260 Feb 24, 2014
why snake try hide lags
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#517261 Feb 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprised that you see no info in my post!!!!?????
We are all not surprised to see no info in your posts!!!!

That's because there is no info in your posts.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#517262 Feb 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have set you straight on this matter...days ago.....take your crs pills
Still no answers? Let's try again.
What languages did Jesus use when He spoke during His ministry on earth. Hebrew? He was a Rabbi. Aramaic? It was a commonly used language in the area at the time. Latin? The Romans were the secular authority. Other languages? I don't know and neither do you. Whatever languages He used, His words might have been written and translated into a number of languages before they were written in Greek and then in Latin. They were eventually translated into a variety of other languages including English.
It's true that I am thoroughly unfamiliar with Koine Greek. It's also true that I trust the English translations of the Bibles that I use, and have no need to translate the English into Greek, skipping Latin in the process, so that I can translate it back into English with a meaning that is different than the meaning provided by the experts who translated the Bible into English from Latin in the first place. You evidently find it necessary to change the expert English translation you already have before you will accept the Bible. Why is that?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517263 Feb 24, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in the pretend, whether the Christ or pasta-man.
But when pasta-man gets a holiday as cool as Christmas, give me a shout.
I just did.

You sound very antipasto.

So were do you get your morals from?

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#517264 Feb 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi oldg,
I know you think we Roman Catholics aren't Christian, but I was wondering if you believe these guys aren't too:
Latin Catholics, Greek, Armenian Apostolic, Syrian, Ethiopian, Ukrainian, Byzantine, Maronite, and many other eastern Catholic and Orthodox Christians?
How about Lutheran, Methodist and Anglican. Are they Christian?
Who is a Christian and why do you single out the Catholic Church in Rome? I asked you this before but you ran away.
If the Catholic church father Ignatius came up with the word Christian, I suggest that he had the only rights to the word Christian.

All other supposed branches can't grow off that tree, unless Ignatius gave them permission ... which he no doubt did NOT.

But then the same should hold true for Judaism. The faithful Jews did not give the break-away Jews known as Catholics permission to use their word Judaism to create the word Catholicism. So the Catholic {{{branch}}} was stolen from the Jews and it is therefore a false branch.

And if we go back further in thought, we will see that the monotheistic Jews branched off of polytheism ... so it's plagiarized branch was also rotten.

And if we could go back to the start of man-created religion, I suggest that the root of the first tree was created out of imagination.

And there you have it ... religion HAS no roots other than IN imagination.
truth

Perth, Australia

#517265 Feb 24, 2014
i told you
curse of law
evil serve evil
on some way animals and people
thats all

nothing to do with holy way

pray for destryction
when someone play adversary
why you need save them
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#517266 Feb 24, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to my one true God, those of the immoral god have been banned from killing others because of their beliefs.
Banned by the laws given to mankind by my God.
But you can clearly read the hatred and intent in their posts.
They are still immoral at heart, but laws and courts are here now to keep them from acting out their hatred.
Ramen
PS - if guns were illegal, only Xians would have guns. Keep that in mind
Uh HUH!

But as much as you preach about Ramen being kind of heart, you still have not addressed the issue of why such a kind-hearted god would create a realm where all of his animals must suffer in order to try to survive and reproduce more animals to suffer in order to reproduce and suffer ... and on and on and on.

Until you stop hiding your god's intentions behind your fancy words that he is all kind and loving ... I suggest you aren't being forth-RIGHT with us.

I suggest that it didn't pay to put your god on a pedestal, as both he and you are "bound" to take the fall that always follows the pride.

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#517267 Feb 24, 2014
curse of Abraham law are evil without any blessing

why wicket borrowing
because they liked save themselves
ai
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#517268 Feb 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Who is a Christian?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but i listed many who don't follow the Pope (Orthodox sects). Yet they believe in the things we do.
It sounds like to you, the Deacon Oldgee, that nobody prior to the reformation was Christian? Except for the Apostles, but not their students i presume.
Seriously, don't run away like a chicken. Don't shove our Bible verses in our faces and run. Be a man and justify your radical theology.
You said, quote, "Yeah but i listed many who don't follow the Pope (Orthodox sects). Yet they believe in the things we do." End quote.

Apparently they do not believe as you do. If so they would be 'ROMAN CATHOLIC' right?

You said, quote, "It sounds like to you, the Deacon Oldgee, that nobody prior to the reformation was Christian?" End quote.

I never, NEVER, said prior to the Protestant Reformation there were no Christians.

You said, quote, "Seriously, don't run away like a chicken. Don't shove our Bible verses in our faces and run. Be a man and justify your radical theology." End quote.

You do not have an answer for the Bible verses do you? You deny the content of the very book your kind claim to have authored. Read them. They are from the Bible.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517269 Feb 24, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like i said, i don't enjoy participating in your psychological gimmick. I don't know what's going on internally with you, but your misconceptions about what we Catholics believe is second to none. And the fact that people take time to clarify certain misconceptions to you (even a Catholic Priest did) and you completely ignore it, shows you have some other 'issues' that have nothing to do with sound theology or science.
What don't I understand.I understand that even YOU can't explain it, because it's gibberish, sorry.

What you call a psychological gimmick is a great term for what the CC does to skate around its mystical claim of "perfect teachings."

It takes a real psychological gimmick in order to believe that opposite views are somehow the same.

Show us one example of CC teaching before 1800 or 1900 which states that Protestants can be saved?

It's a CC psychological gimmick that you can't explain away. Why not? Most Catholics don't even try. Because historical fact -- major church councils and Papal Bulls -- are well recorded. To say they didn't mean what they said hundreds of years ago only works in a delusion.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Surrey, Canada

#517270 Feb 24, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I saw a couple of cardinals at the bird feeder during the snow storm...They did not seem
to be inspired...
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God
into an image made like to corruptible man, and
to birds, and
fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
I suggest you try applying the scriptures to your self that you so willingly throw at others that you in turn believe need your divine guidance.

Are YOU vain in YOUR imaginations??? And do YOU have a darkened heart???

It's not so much fun when your thoughts come back to visit YOU ... is IT ... oh self-perceived holy one???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web