Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654103 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#517173 Feb 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have set you straight on this matter...from the beginning.....you are a lying snake...
Then it should be easy for you to provide a permalink showing where you discredited my four dictionary entries that proved you wrong, eh?

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517174 Feb 23, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you,'ceptin' for the your god bit.
That's OK. My God is a self-assured God that doesn't require groveling or worship.

My God isn't angry, jealous, or vengeful.

And above all, don't worry. My God doesn't demand to be feared.

That is the Bronze Age god of the deluded.

Come to the light of the FSM.

Ramen
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#517175 Feb 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Bible say that?? God was silent for 400 yrs until Christ came?? Book chapter and verse please. Or at least a link.
This is protestant propaganda garbage. Its taken straight form a deceitful fanatical website. you care to reveal your source? Didn't think so.
You worship God in YOUR OWN opinionated way"----distorting, twisting and manipulating the TRrUTH of the TRUE WORD of God!!!!------I/We as Catholics will continue (as billion and billions of other a Catholics have done for over 2000 years---worship God in HIS WAY in and through HIS One True Apostolic (Universal Catholic Church--as the Way , the TRUTH and the LIfe!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#517176 Feb 23, 2014
Psalm 139
I know you before.
I know everything about you.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#517177 Feb 23, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK. My God is a self-assured God that doesn't require groveling or worship.
Ramen
I'll have to pass.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517178 Feb 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that article, which I copied part of below is a whole lot of claptrap.
Protestants ruled America and did not allow any Pagans on their self-perceived holy turf ... period. Those who came to America in those early years were for the most part Protestant.
And at the time of the Salem witch trials the Puritans ruled over others ... period. That is why Cotton Mather (the Puritan theologian) had such power over the judges in the courts.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
But a clamor of new voices has since reopened the controversy. Members of the growing neopagan revival — 200,000 strong in America today — claim witches burned during the great witch-hunt as their martyred forebears. Last year, a consortium of pagan leaders demanded a special apology from Pope John Paul II on the Jubilee Day of Pardon. They mourned a "pagan Holocaust" of nine million secret nature-worshippers exterminated by Christians 500 years ago under the Inquisition.
M<aye.

But the fact remains.

Both perfect and imperfect church killed innocent people as witches.

Both true and untrue churches killed innocent people as witches.

And never did their immoral god say STOP.

Help these people see the light.

These murdering, amoral people need help and guidance from the one true God.

Join us Judeth.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#517179 Feb 23, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to pass.
Then how will you have religious holidays?

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#517180 Feb 23, 2014
I suggest that a break-away group of Jews from polytheism created the flamboyant story of Abram ... just as the ex-Jew Catholics later created the flamboyant story of Jesus.

Note the words in the following ... "According to Jewish 'tradition.'"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Why Polytheism was Replaced by Monotheism: A Very Brief History of Religion

As early as the Upper Paleolithic era, some 250,000 years ago, various tools and iconography demonstrate that primitive religions were practiced, and possibly existed up to 250,000 years before that (Campbell, 1988; Gimbutas, 1991; and Jelínek, 1975). All of these religions, as far as we can determine from that evidence, were polytheistic. So, after a quarter of a million years of humans investing supernatural powers to a wide diversity of gods and goddesses, why did most people begin to believe in the existence of a single supreme being? When and where did this transformation happen?

According to Jewish tradition (Rich, 1998 - 2011), Abram (or Abraham) was born in the city of Ur in Babylonia (Southeastern Mesopotamia) in the year 1948 from Creation (circa 1800 BCE, although this does not necessarily mean that Judaism believes the universe has existed for only 5,700 years as we measure years). At that time, the Mesopotamians were still highly polytheistic, worshiping idols. Abram was the son of Terach, an idol merchant, but from his early childhood, Abram questioned the faith of his father and sought "the truth". Abram came to believe that the entire universe was the work of a single creator, and he began to teach this belief to others. Abram tried to convince his father, Terach, of the folly of idol worship.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-polytheism-was-re...
truth

Perth, Australia

#517181 Feb 23, 2014
When person pray its coming from single mind or single heart.
You forget that God can hear prayers your error your sin your problems your happiness your going and coming far away from God.
Another thing person never pray o god you are catholic orthodox methodist anglican protestant this or that..there not place in prayers for personal prayers.
Then you are not believer.

Your authority liked control you don't you, every document have to go trough them if you going control authority they going say stop i am sorry you can't..there door become close.

See I say to you even authority will go on knee.
Door of your heart and mind is not close toward God even when you want close you can't God know your going from him and coming to him.

Kitwanga, Canada

#517182 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>
M<aye.
But the fact remains.
Both perfect and imperfect church killed innocent people as witches.
Both true and untrue churches killed innocent people as witches.
And never did their immoral god say STOP.
Help these people see the light.
These murdering, amoral people need help and guidance from the one true God.
Join us Judeth.
Ramen
I suggest that the Christians learned all about burning humans and other animals in the flames from the ancient Pagans.

Sorcerer was another word for witch, and those considered as either/or, were not looked upon as fit to live.

Anyone that was suspected of offending the gods was in deep trouble.

The crazy theology was that devils offended the gods, yet the gods did nothing to do away "with" the devils.

Nuts!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#517183 Feb 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Catlic Bible History Truth ...continued
Why do non-Catholic authorities reject the Apocrypha as being a part of the sixty six books of the canon?
There are mainly five reasons:
1. They abound in historical and geographical inaccuracies and anachronisms.
2. They teach doctrines which are false and foster practices which are at variance with inspired Scripture.
3. They resort to literary types and display an artificiality of subject matter and styling out of keeping with inspired Scripture.
4. They lack the distinctive elements which give genuine Scripture their divine character, such as prophetic power and poetic and religious feeling.
5. They show contradictions in the Bible.
Of course if you exclude the books Luther discarded after 1600 years or more of continuous use as not "Scriptural", then it's easy to exclude them from Scripture per your items 2 through 5 above. Somehow assuming they aren't part of Scripture and using that assumption to prove they aren't part of Scripture seems like a suspect method for even the least capable.

Your items 1 and 5 refer to contradictions and inaccuracies in the books that have been included in the Catholic version of the Bible ever since the Bible Canon was first established. You are saying that contradiction and inaccuracy is justification for deleting books from the Bible. Which of the two contradictory versions of Creation in Genesis do you think is inaccurate and justification for discarding Genesis? Which of the two versions of the fall from the garden of Eden in Genesis do you think is inaccurate and justification for discarding Genesis? Which two of the first three contradictory versions of the Gospel in the New Testament do you think is inaccurate and justification for discarding two more books from the New Testament? If you don't think Luther's version of the Old and New Testaments contains contradictions and inaccuracies it quickly becomes evident that you've never read Luther's version of the Old and New Testaments. No surprise there.
Michael

Canada

#517184 Feb 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
Man I tell you.....I appreciate the zeal of some of our Protestant brothers. They really do have a deep conviction for the Lord, but they are terribly misguided in Biblical Christianity. The Pentecostal sects that embrace snakes is evidence of the reckless approach to sacred scripture by these guys. They isolated a verse (mark 16:18); completely took it out of context, and ended up getting bit by the snake and dying!
This poor pastor of "Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus name Church" in Kentucky was bitten in front of his congregation. And now the his family is going to pick up the snake again next week. All because they don't know how to read the Bible.
www.charismanews.com/us/42852-snake-that-kill...
..... Can your snake talk? The one in bible did.
truth

Perth, Australia

#517185 Feb 23, 2014
Apostolic John say on this world who want control as well who control.

I say to you time will come they not control nothing at all.

Civilization before exist.

Abraham stay under curse of law.
Why he need blessing?

Be very careful its exist many many universal parallel systems.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#517186 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Then how will you have religious holidays?
Ramen
I enjoy Christmas.

That it's Christian and borrowed from Sol is of no consequence to me. It's a fine holiday.

Next Christmas I'm gonna ask Santa for wisdom for June and OxBreath.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#517187 Feb 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Ramen
I think I just figured out your shtick. You created your own god. Wow. guess I wasn't really paying attention to your gimmick this whole time.
You're a goofy fella. I don't think its fun watching this.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#517188 Feb 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have one.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#517189 Feb 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

The crazy theology was that devils offended the gods, yet the gods did nothing to do away "with" the devils.
They didn't have topix.Now shut it!
LTM

Oshawa, Canada

#517190 Feb 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Michael how about Team Canada.

Kitwanga, Canada

#517191 Feb 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha

Kitwanga, Canada

#517192 Feb 23, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course if you exclude the books Luther discarded
Luther used the same bible as did the popes to start his new religion. Luther was long dead by the time King James I authorized the KJV.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following.

The Millenary Petition, 1603

This petition, supposedly representing a thousand Puritans, was presented to James I on his way to London. He granted a conference the following year, authorized a new version of the scriptures, and made a few concessions, but he insisted on conformity to the Prayer Book, which was only slightly changed.(Gee and Hardy, Documents Illistrative of English Church History. Cf. Fuller, Church History of Britain.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web