Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#517105 Feb 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have straightened you out on this matter....days ago....take your crs pills...
For the fourth time:

Tell me which of the three words used in the NT that sometimes are translated as church is the one from whence the English word, through the German, arises?

And tell me how many times it appears in the NT?

This time, when you thieve an answer, try to thieve the correct one, eh?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#517106 Feb 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a Jesus, he never built anything, and he never once stepped inside a catholic church.
No but Jesus' followers did. Only 1.2
Billion strong and still growing!

"Build My Church"
------Jesus

"Over the past century, the number of Catholics around the world has more than tripled, according to a study by the Pew Research Center. As of 2010, there are nearly 1.1 billion Catholics, up from an estimated 291 million in 1910.
Catholics comprise 50 percent of all Christians worldwide and 16 percent of the world’s total population.
In 2010, the majority of the world’s Catholics were to be found in the Latin American/Carribbean region (39 percent, or 425 million). In 1910, two-thirds of Catholics (65 percent) lived in Europe. By 2010, only about a quarter of Catholics (24 percent) live in Europe.
The country with the largest Catholic population in the world, Brazil was 65 percent Catholic in 2010, down from 74 percent in 2000. "

On to check how many non believers like you.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#517107 Feb 23, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You totally took that out of context.
St. John Unjustly Accused of Anti-Semitism
St. John’s Orations Against the Judaizers has been mistranslated by some to be "Against the Jews" and much of has been made of his strong invective including his use of the word "hate." But in other sermons John is admiring of the "religious devotion and stamina" of the local Jewish community. What he hated were Judaizers attending both synagogue and Mass and persuading others to do the same. But scholars like Robert Louis Wilken in his book, John Chrysostom and the Jews: Rhetoric and Reality in the Late Fourth Century (1983) demonstrate that John was no anti-Semite. His written and oral teaching below emphasize the priesthood's role in the sacrifice of Christ and the real presence of Christ in the Eucharistic Communion.
http://www.catholicfaithandreason.org/st-john...
If John Chrysostom's words were taken out of context ... that means that John sided with the Jews who were faithful to Judaism.

You Catholics can't have it both ways.

The Jews were slaughtered for centuries by Catholics, and even pope John Paul II would not have apologized to the Jews had he not believed there was a very important reason.

You can keep lying to protect the lies, but I suggest it's not good for you to be so dishonest.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517108 Feb 23, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrysostom did not advocate killing Jews.
Then why were they killed???
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517109 Feb 23, 2014
I suggest that pope John Paul II hoped that cleansing his own heart of the horrors committed against the Jews, would make it better for him when he crossed over and had to meet his "maker."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Pope says sorry for sins of church

Sweeping apology for attacks on Jews, women and minorities defies theologians' warnings

Defying warnings from some theologians that the unprecedented apology would undermine the church's authority, the 79-year-old pontiff asked God to forgive the persecution of the Jews. "We are deeply saddened by the behaviour of those who in the course of history have caused these children of yours to suffer, and asking your forgiveness we wish to commit ourselves to genuine brotherhood."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/mar/13/...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#517110 Feb 23, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Build My Church"
------Jesus
"Over the past century, the number of Catholics around the world has more than tripled, according to a study by the Pew Research Center. As of 2010, there are nearly 1.1 billion Catholics, up from an estimated 291 million in 1910.
Catholics comprise 50 percent of all Christians worldwide and 16 percent of the world’s total population.
In 2010, the majority of the world’s Catholics were to be found in the Latin American/Carribbean region (39 percent, or 425 million). In 1910, two-thirds of Catholics (65 percent) lived in Europe. By 2010, only about a quarter of Catholics (24 percent) live in Europe.
The country with the largest Catholic population in the world, Brazil was 65 percent Catholic in 2010, down from 74 percent in 2000. "
"Build My Church"
------Jesus

That is a lie....per Scripture....He never said such a thing...

Besides...Christ never built any denomination/s...the RCC is the largerrst denomination in the USA...you are not following the teaching of Christ...you are following the teaching of your pope that is not supported by Scripture...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517111 Feb 23, 2014
Note the words from the pope ... "The people of the covenant."

He knew why he felt guilt!

His church was based on a lie against the Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Sweeping apology for attacks on Jews, women and minorities defies theologians' warnings

Five Vatican cardinals and two bishops confessed sins on behalf of the church during the ceremony. Cardinal Edward Cassidy recalled the "sufferings of the people of Israel" asked divine pardon for the "sins committed by not a few [Catholics] against the people of the covenant".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/mar/13/ ...

Location hidden

#517112 Feb 23, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll repeat: Please provide evidence of where you have discredited my four dictionary entries:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Read my posts...I have set you straight on this matter...from the beginning.....you are a lying snake...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517113 Feb 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"Build My Church"
------Jesus
That is a lie....per Scripture....He never said such a thing...
Are you certain that Jesus is alive and believes the same way you believe???

I suggest that would be a miracle created in your own mind to appease your own emotions.

Location hidden

#517114 Feb 23, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
For the fourth time:
Tell me which of the three words used in the NT that sometimes are translated as church is the one from whence the English word, through the German, arises?
You are not doing what I told you to do...take your crs pills....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#517115 Feb 23, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Build My Church"
------Jesus
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regio...

Please tell us, what Christian faith has grown the most since 1517 AD. Is it Roman Catholic, although Rome is not Christian? Is it the Protestant faith? All 43,000 denominations? LOL LOL LOL

Please provide a source, a non-Roman Catholic source, for your figures.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#517116 Feb 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop fibbing. Hojo and Robert F used to be a Protestants, and now they are all yours.
Aren't you proud???
:)
Very, Jesus' Church is growing.

My dear husband is a convert too.:)

No, I didn't convert him, he converted before we met. <3

Thanks be to God!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517117 Feb 23, 2014

Rabbi Israel Meir Lau joined other Israelis in expressing hope that the pope had omitted acknowledging the church's passivity during the Holocaust only because he was planning a specific apology during next week's pilgrimage to the holy land.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, head of the congregation of the doctrine of the faith, confessed to the sins of the congregation's predecessor, the Inquisition. "Even men of the church, in the name of faith and morals, have sometimes used methods not in keeping with the Gospel," he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/mar/13/...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#517118 Feb 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my posts...I have set you straight on this matter...from the beginning.....you are a lying snake...
Then you should have no problem providing a permalink to where you discredited my four dictionary entries:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Dumb and dishonest is no way to go through life, child.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#517119 Feb 23, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not doing what I told you to do...take your crs pills....
Translation: You haven't the slightest clue.

For the fifth time:

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#517120 Feb 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Were #1,....Were#1!!
YaHooo!!
No you are not!

CNSNews.com )– Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world’s population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020, according to a new report by the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Mass."
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517121 Feb 23, 2014
I suggest that the Catholic church fathers "were" in keeping with the anti-Semitic lies in the new testament ... and that was and IS the problem.

To claim that a Jewish Rabbi turned his back on other Jews to be willingly baptized as a Catholic is a blatant LIE if there ever "was" a lie.

The Jewish Rabbi would have encouraged wayward Jews to become better Jews, faithful to Judaism ... PERIOD!

That is common sense!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517122 Feb 23, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Very, Jesus' Church is growing.
My dear husband is a convert too.:)
No, I didn't convert him, he converted before we met. <3
Thanks be to God!
I suggest if you had an active conscience (as did John Paul II) you would apologize for the horrors committed by the men in your church.

You are full of pride ... while you should hang your head in shame.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#517123 Feb 23, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not!
CNSNews.com )– Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world’s population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020, according to a new report by the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Mass."
You are an Atheist against all other religions but Catholicism.

I suggest you keep that in mind.

You don't believe that a god exists to love any other group of religionists except Catholics ... DO YOU???

Do you believe that a god exists to love Muslims, or Hindus, et cetera???

"NO" ... you say???

Selfish fool!!!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#517124 Feb 23, 2014
If anyone wants to find out growth of Protestant churches, you 'll have to research it yourself.

All Roman Catholic Churches are Christian.

Called Catholic by St. Ignatius of Antioch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web