Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599948 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#516722 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that when CC "morphed" into what it is and you personally disagree that its what Jesus intended is irrelevant. You're not an authority to weigh in on that.
Besides, you have an incredible amount of ignorance that shapes your image of the Catholic Church. Most of you rely on hundred yr old protestant propaganda to shape your image.
The CC is, was, and always has been controlled by the Lord. Its his Church. How dare you think you can take their scriptures and unravel what thousands of martyrs died bringing to the world. How dare you think you can undo the Eucharist. You'd been thrown out of the Church the moment you said "sola scripture and sola fide".
You're a heretic. You preach opposite of the Apostles and you've been made aware of your error 20x over. Why you still cling to lies is proof of the Spirit thats really at the helm.
In the early(supposed) conclave, a dove lands on a prospect's head. The others all take this as a sign from their deity and elect him pope unanimously. Shortly thereafter, they behead this same pope....There is your deity at work in the church huh? LOL! That, in itself should have been a sign to the world right there that your church was nothing but a group of fraudulent barbarians....The Crusades, inquisition, and Vatican involvement in the European Reichstag movement, the Vatican led genocide in Croatia, and the Vatican Jesuit cooperation (such as Paperclip and Odessa) in the secret escape of those officials who could incriminate them by testimony in an international court of war crimes should have cemented the indictment of the Vatican for prosecution....or at the very least, showed the world civilization, beyond any doubt, that your church is nothing more than a sophisticated criminal organization of murder and wealth accumulating barbarians, masquerading as a "holy" edifice.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#516723 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenneth and the pope are now playing nice with other in the attitude that Jesus the ex-Jew speaks for both Catholics and Protestants.
The manure is getting spread every which way ... as the big boys try to make division seem as though it is uniting.
Silly fools.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Listen at about 40:00 as Kenneth Copeland and the congregants join in prayer for the Holy Father; then watch as Anthony Palmer videotapes a return message to Pope Francis from Kenneth Copeland himself.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/20...
June Van Gollum, I see ecumenism scares the manure out of you. Don't worry, you'll be long gone before it causes you to have a stroke from it...
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#516724 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
So according to you, Jesus and the apostles had to become Catholic in order to be infallible???
Hilarious!
You have it back-asswards as usual June VanGollum.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#516725 Feb 22, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Misguided view? Hmmmmmm........ I notice while you are pointing your finger and propagating a misconception of your own, you never make mention of the role your church played in the Jewish holocaust. That being the full cooperation of the Vatican with the Reichstag within those states, and the 40000 Jews rounded up and killed by the Vatican led catholic authorities in Croatia, of which only 9000 are known to have survived.
Why is that?
It was a concerted effort of a two headed dragon, of which your church was the "other" head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pWGyTPu6UDEXX
You said:

"40,000 Jews rounded up by the Vatican- led catholic authorities in Croatia"

Lol
Alreadythen. I see you're a fanatical moron. I don't care to entertain your radical assertions. I almost clicked on your you tube video, but then I thought: "that's 5 min of my life that I would be totally wasting. I'll never get that 5 min back.!"
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#516726 Feb 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all I am getting from you....lying snake....
More nonsense from a fool.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#516727 Feb 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Kay, what's your opinion of Kenneth Copeland?
----------
I hear him occasionally, but do not follow him closely enough to critique him. What questions do you have concerning him?
KayMarie
I"d ask that you check out this link. Don't worry, it's a good site with no possibility of contamination. There is a video that you would find very interesting and probably encouraging. Blessings to you and your husband.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#516728 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BORGIA??? One example of succession??
Nothing to do with SOLA anything...
It's,the secular morphing that occurred I was,speaking of....kissing the,Popes,ring so the monarchies had the,stamp of approval...JESUS said the CHURCH was,to serve that function??
Didn't he,purposely divide CAESARS, doings,from God's...yet the,RCC became,synonymous,with the Empire,at one,time??? Maybe for survival?? But then kept it up over the,centuries..
That's,not Protestant history.
We,do not need the,Papal approval for our leaders...now,spiritually that may NIT be,for the good in some ways...as,far as,your parishioners,and how,they vote,goes...but no President or King NOW, needs,the,Vatican seal ..give to Caesar ....WHY??
When it could be good???? HAVE GOD at the helm....POWER CORRUPTS,...JESUS,knew this...
HE WILL RULE THE EARTH as the incorruptible presence .....not those,rooting out dissent .
Another thing heresy is,denying GOD which I have NEVER DONE ...Father Son or Spirit...
Not a,man run institution...no matter how good her intentions....or it's,members ....
Apostolic succession has nothing to do with a man's personal holiness. Again, please take some time and read up on the Church's teachings. Thanks.

Location hidden

#516729 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you claiming that had Jesus lived he would have approved of the centuries of slaughter of the Jews committed by the ex-Jew Catholics???
Is that the character you AIM to hang on a supposed savior that theologians taught came to teach all people of the world the meaning of LOVE???
Are you SERIOUS???
Why yes June....while the cathaholic and jesuit lilliputions are keeping the multitude of faiths involved in frivolous argument, they are off to Africa and other 3rd world countries raping and pillaging their assets and perpetrating genocide on all that resist their invasion. Nothing has changed except the "dates".
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#516730 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference ...big one ...is,NOT the Pope elected by the LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT??? Or was,my teaching on that belief WRONG also...as,you folks,say my nuns,were always,wrong...or I never went to Catholic school.???
The SPIRIT never errs,men guided by politics is,a,different story ....
Men with power....supreme in the workings,of other men.....
Your Church did indeed change after the Reformation ....And you folks,SHOUKD thank God for allowing it ...IMO of course,
Using your logic (and opinion) God must have allowed the reformers to slaughter competing protestant sects whenever they threatened their power. Do you thank God for that?

Location hidden

#516731 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if God allowed Judas to be an Apostle of the Church, why couldn't He also allow a bad Pope... Or infighting amongst two Bishops who both thought they were Popes? Valuable lessons came from this and greatly benefited the maturity of the Church.
Even more remarkable, is that an atheist would give two cents about the Catholic Church. What ya afraid of Grandma? is there something there that irks you?
All this is simply more evidence that NO holy father is in charge of your church, but rather barbaric power hungry men.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#516732 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
So ... Catholics and Protestants on the forum ... I suggest you pay heed to the following words and never argue with each other again.
:)
I wonder where the Jews and Muslims and Hindus, et cetera are supposed to fit in to that divine picture ... or if once again they will be perceived as being rejected by the "god" that favors both Catholics and Protestants???
:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Palmer said that the divisions between Catholics and Protestants have had no reason to exist since the 1999 Catholic-Lutheran Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification. In that agreement, both Catholics and Lutherans recognized that “by grace alone, in faith in Christ’s saving work and not because of any merit on our part, we are accepted by God and receive the Holy Spirit, who renews our hearts while equipping and calling us to good works.”
Man I'm soooo turned on right now!

Smack my bare behind with your whip of criticism!!!! YEHAAAA!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#516733 Feb 22, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
I"d ask that you check out this link. Don't worry, it's a good site with no possibility of contamination. There is a video that you would find very interesting and probably encouraging. Blessings to you and your husband.

----------
Thank you.

I had seen that article, but am not prepared to declare it to be good or bad. A number of Protestants are going that route to some degree. It is always good when brethren come into unity, and worship God together. Psa. 133

But we also know that in the last days there will be a 'world church', which will be a weapon of anti-Christ and a terror to the world. We can only wait and see what the fruit of this relationship will be. We don't know their hearts.

May we all be on the right side...I am going to be very careful in any conclusion I might draw.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#516734 Feb 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You believing your lying pope over the Sacred Infallible Word of God...
When you stand at the Great White Throne Judgement Seat, you will not be able to say "Well, the pope lied to me, and no one ever told me he lied to me"....
Who gave you that "infallible" word of god?--the universal studios choreographed syndicate publishing and indoctrination company known as the cathaholic church-aka: Vatican. If the organization is corrupt, so also is the teachings.....wherein yours are trickle down deceptions of a corrupted source as well. Common sense should tell you that....if you have any.

Location hidden

#516735 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It is plain how indoctrination takes a toll on Catholics to not think outside of the box.
Observe the words of this heavily indoctrinated Catholic that was as vile to others as any poster on any thread of which I have yet encountered.
Mary Hammond accused me of murdering my two daughters, all because I criticized her Catholic religion as not being based on any semblance of truth.
And she slammed another Catholic on the forum with the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Post # 51924
Mary Hammond wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop running around making phony vows. You claim to be a catholic, and that means when you were confirmed you promised to die for the Pope and the Church at a moments notice.
Regina and Huckster come to mind.
Are you sure these aren't reincarnations of an earlier beast?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#516736 Feb 22, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
All this is simply more evidence that NO holy father is in charge of your church, but rather barbaric power hungry men.
Thank you for your opinion. Does it anger you that people, lots of them, just as smart or smarter than you disagree with you?

Location hidden

#516737 Feb 22, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
When you write, "Mine is the only true God...," do you believe it, or know it?(smiles)
Peace
We got free lifetime open house beer garden passes with our subscription. What did you folks get...some stale wafers an wannabe wine, passed out by pedophile priests and a corporate legacy of atrocity?
Praise FSM!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#516738 Feb 22, 2014
----------
Thank you.
I had seen that article, but am not prepared to declare it to be good or bad. A number of Protestants are going that route to some degree. It is always good when brethren come into unity, and worship God together. Psa. 133
But we also know that in the last days there will be a 'world church', which will be a weapon of anti-Christ and a terror to the world. We can only wait and see what the fruit of this relationship will be. We don't know their hearts.
May we all be on the right side...I am going to be very careful in any conclusion I might draw.
KayMarie
You should watch both videos.

“I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me."

Location hidden

#516739 Feb 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
More nonsense from a fool.
More of what I am getting from you...lying snake..

Location hidden

#516740 Feb 22, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave you that "infallible" word of god?--the universal studios choreographed syndicate publishing and indoctrination company known as the cathaholic church-aka: Vatican. If the organization is corrupt, so also is the teachings.....wherein yours are trickle down deceptions of a corrupted source as well. Common sense should tell you that....if you have any.
The Sacred Infllible Word of God tells me: Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#516741 Feb 22, 2014
----------
Thank you.
KayMarie
What do you mean: "But we also know that in the last days there will be a 'world church'."?

For one thousand yrs, there was already a one world Christian Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 2 hr Paul Porter1 278
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr_SKY 84,331
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web