Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646613 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#516677 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
EVERYONE,PLEASE,.
I watched,Hannity last night on FOX news..it looks,like,it's,repeated tonight SATURDAY 10 EASTERN.
It's,all about the new,MOVIE ..SON OF GOD .
such wonderful people,who made it....And the,INSPIRATION in how,it was,made,..
Please,watch ...FANTASTIC...every Christian should watch ....!!!!
No matter your denomination!!!!!
I suggest that you be careful that your hypnotic trance doesn't get the "best" of you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#516678 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Bible appeared out of nowhere. Christians scrambled around, thumbing through the mountain of scrolls, searching the scriptures. Everyone deciphering their own Christianity by interpreting it. The Holy Spirit guided this anarchy to Biblical truth until the barbaric Roman Catholic Church tried to confiscate everyones bibles. Then God used to reformation to re-set it up again. This is the church you speak of?
Now back to earth and what really happened: The Apostles established a hierarchy. They set up an authoritative teaching magisterium, not a Bible. They ordained men that would succeed them ie "Apostolic succession", ever hear of it? Apostolic succession is the reason why you have a Bible in your hand. Mysteriously, you think the Holy Spirit is telling you that the magisterium the Apostles set up got it wrong.
Here is one of those Bishops that hung out with Peter, Paul, John and the fellas:
"take care and do all things in harmony with God, with the Bishop presiding in place of God, and with the presbyters in place of the council of the Apostles, and the deacons (who are most dear to me), entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ, who was with the father from the beginning and is at last made manifest"
On earth, the Bishop is in charge of the day to day operations of the Church, as well as ensuring the faith is safeguarded for the next generation. We can prove that this happened by the writings of all generations dating back to Christ. You, on the other hand, can't even prove that the previous born again movement shared your theology!
If the,succession is,assured by the HOLY Spirit in regards,to the Pope....
What happens,when men allowed politics,to control it...

You know,darn well not EVERY Pope,was,God chosen ...so if you believe in succession the,way you do...it was,BROKEN.

I believe the,word of God preached by true believers,is,IN THE SUCCESSION.of what the,APOSTLES,DID.

I'm.sorry Clay..I just don't believe that what the RCC morphed into was what Jesus,intended.

I believe,y our modern POPES, are much closer ...And these,changes,would NOT have happened without the,Reformation

Meanwhile ...You SHOUKD watch the,Hannity program tonight about the,movie SON OF GOD..

those,folks,are,spreading God's,word ...God bless them...so is,Hannity ....by showcasing it..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#516679 Feb 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What a hoot.
You certainly are!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#516680 Feb 22, 2014
Both Catholics,and,Evangelicals,tal king about the,movie,were,moved ....they speak about it on the,show..AMAZING ....

10 PM EASYERN FOX NEWS,CHANNEL

Quesnel, Canada

#516681 Feb 22, 2014
How people could be so needy and so stupid as to believe that a creator would give some believers truth and deprive others in other parts of the world of the truth is proof positive on this forum.

Even the greedy Catholics and Protestants can't see eye to eye on who the creator favors with his supposed divine truth.

I suggest that such self-delusion has never ... and does not result in bliss.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#516682 Feb 22, 2014
,I'm going to the,DVD as,soon as,it's,out ..

I cannot say enough how,even the interview,is,moving ...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#516683 Feb 22, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly are!!!!!
Childish nonsense from a fool.

Quesnel, Canada

#516684 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Both Catholics,and,Evangelicals,tal king about the,movie,were,moved ....
Lies have habits of moving masses of people in one direction. But the brutal history of religion with its blood-baths indicates that the direction was not what the theologians promised.

You can't learn knew ideas when the old implantation grows and spreads more bad seeds as being based on truth.

Quesnel, Canada

#516685 Feb 22, 2014
If it is based on any semblance of truth ... religion should unite believers.

It never has united believers, and it never will unite believers ... as religion is based on lies.

"God loves me, and he will reject you to an eternity in hell!"

From your perspectives, does that message have any semblance to the word LOVE???...***

DOES IT???

I suggest you stop being such silly selfish fools and stop feeding your egos nonsensical garbage.

Quesnel, Canada

#516686 Feb 22, 2014
One missed-spell is all it takes to give a reader of words a totally wrong perception.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Using Your Wife

A man received a message from his neighbour:

"I am sorry sir I am using your wife. I am using day and night. I am using when you are not present at home. In fact I am using more than you are using.

I confess this because now I feel very much guilt.

Hope you will accept my sincere apologies".

So the man shot his wife.......

A few minutes later he received another message:

Sorry sir. Spelling mistake. Wifi not wife!
Liam

Garden City, MI

#516687 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,darn well not EVERY Pope,was,God chosen ...so if you believe in succession the,way you do...it was,BROKEN.
I believe the,word of God preached by true believers,is,IN THE SUCCESSION.of what the,APOSTLES,DID.
I'm.sorry Clay..I just don't believe that what the RCC morphed into was what Jesus,intended.
I believe,y our modern POPES, are much closer ...And these,changes,would NOT have happened without the,Reformation
Meanwhile ...You SHOUKD watch the,Hannity program tonight about the,movie SON OF GOD..
those,folks,are,spreading God's,word ...God bless them...so is,Hannity ....by showcasing it..
The fact that when CC "morphed" into what it is and you personally disagree that its what Jesus intended is irrelevant. You're not an authority to weigh in on that.
Besides, you have an incredible amount of ignorance that shapes your image of the Catholic Church. Most of you rely on hundred yr old protestant propaganda to shape your image.

The CC is, was, and always has been controlled by the Lord. Its his Church. How dare you think you can take their scriptures and unravel what thousands of martyrs died bringing to the world. How dare you think you can undo the Eucharist. You'd been thrown out of the Church the moment you said "sola scripture and sola fide".
You're a heretic. You preach opposite of the Apostles and you've been made aware of your error 20x over. Why you still cling to lies is proof of the Spirit thats really at the helm.

Quesnel, Canada

#516688 Feb 22, 2014

Quesnel, Canada

#516689 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC is, was, and always has been controlled by the Lord. Its his Church.
So are you claiming that had Jesus lived he would have approved of the centuries of slaughter of the Jews committed by the ex-Jew Catholics???

Is that the character you AIM to hang on a supposed savior that theologians taught came to teach all people of the world the meaning of LOVE???

Are you SERIOUS???
hojo

Chaska, MN

#516690 Feb 22, 2014
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Chair of St. Peter

This feast commemorates Christ’s choosing Peter to sit in his place as the servant-authority of the whole Church (see June 29).
After the “lost weekend” of pain, doubt and self-torment, Peter hears the Good News. Angels at the tomb say to Magdalene,“The Lord has risen! Go, tell his disciples and Peter.” John relates that when he and Peter ran to the tomb, the younger outraced the older, then waited for him. Peter entered, saw the wrappings on the ground, the headpiece rolled up in a place by itself. John saw and believed. But he adds a reminder:“...[T]hey did not yet understand the scripture that he had to rise from the dead”(John 20:9). They went home. There the slowly exploding, impossible idea became reality. Jesus appeared to them as they waited fearfully behind locked doors.“Peace be with you,” he said (John 20:21b), and they rejoiced.

The Pentecost event completed Peter’s experience of the risen Christ.“...[T]hey were all filled with the holy Spirit”(Acts 2:4a) and began to express themselves in foreign tongues and make bold proclamation as the Spirit prompted them.

Only then can Peter fulfill the task Jesus had given him:“...[O]nce you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers”(Luke 22:32). He at once becomes the spokesman for the Twelve about their experience of the Holy Spirit—before the civil authorities who wished to quash their preaching, before the council of Jerusalem, for the community in the problem of Ananias and Sapphira. He is the first to preach the Good News to the Gentiles. The healing power of Jesus in him is well attested: the raising of Tabitha from the dead, the cure of the crippled beggar. People carry the sick into the streets so that when Peter passed his shadow might fall on them.

Even a saint experiences difficulty in Christian living. When Peter stopped eating with Gentile converts because he did not want to wound the sensibilities of Jewish Christians, Paul says,“...I opposed him to his face because he clearly was wrong....[T]hey were not on the right road in line with the truth of the gospel...”(Galatians 2:11b, 14a).

At the end of John’s Gospel, Jesus says to Peter,“Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger, you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go”(John 21:18). What Jesus said indicated the sort of death by which Peter was to glorify God. On Vatican Hill, in Rome, during the reign of Nero, Peter did glorify his Lord with a martyr’s death, probably in the company of many Christians.

Second-century Christians built a small memorial over his burial spot. In the fourth century, the Emperor Constantine built a basilica, which was replaced in the 16th century.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#516691 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know,darn well not EVERY Pope,was,God chosen ...so if you believe in succession the,way you do...it ..
How do you know not every Pope was "God chosen"?
Much was learned by the Church due to these bad popes, just like much was learned by the Apostles from having Judas around. Yeah, God chose Judas. God knew what Judas would do, but still allowed Judas to make that choice for himself.
I think at certain times the CC needed a scoundrel pope. That was a sure way to wake the real faithful up. That's why God allowed a allowed it. In fact, some of the greatest saints in our 2,000 yr history were setting an example down the street from where a scoundrel Pope was partying it up.
And not one bad Pope ever altered the faith. Apostolic succession darted right thru their Papacy un-phased... Funny, but immediately after Luther unraveld the faith, John Calvin altered it to yet another level. Shortly after him, you had a bunch bible waving fanatics. And now, who know what the heck Christianity your all preaching. I truly believe the internet will finally squash the ignorance-based religion your a part of Rose. The plague of Protestantism will die out and the lord will return.

Quesnel, Canada

#516692 Feb 22, 2014
I never did believe in a devil or a hell ... no matter which religion peddled the nonsense.

Why would you as Christians "choose" to believe that your supposed devil and hell is real and all the hells that theologians created in other religions are "not" real???

WHY???

Do you want to believe that your god has control over who gets rejected to in turn spend eternity in the one and only hell in the universe???

Is that your desired "mission?"

Quesnel, Canada

#516693 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following

With two popes reigning during the Great Schism, each anathematizing the other, many voices cried for reform, among them Conrad of Geinhausen, Heinrich of Langenstein, Peter of Ailli, John Gerson, and Nicholas of Clemanges. The agitation for a reforming council became so great that the cardinals of both Popes finally issued a call in Piza in 409. Neither the Pope of Avignon nor the one at Rome attended. Pisa declared both of them deposed, and elected Alexander V to be Pope. But the Popes at Avignon and Rome refused to be deposed, so that Christendom was faced with the spectacle of three Popes. The situation was intolerable.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#516694 Feb 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish nonsense from a fool.
That is all I am getting from you....lying snake....
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#516695 Feb 22, 2014
Regarding any religious proclamation by any poster here - which is the correct, honest and ethical way to state?

1... "Regarding religious dogma, I believe.... xyz."

or

2... "Regarding religious dogma I know... xyz."

Most humans, regardless of faith would answer #1.

Anything other than #1 ("believe") is deeply delusional.

Most posters here are deeply delusional.

Mine is the only true God.

Ramen
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#516696 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Much was learned by the Church due to these bad popes, just like much was learned by the Apostles from having Judas around. Yeah, God chose Judas. God knew what Judas would do, but still allowed Judas to make that choice for himself.
I think at certain times the CC needed a scoundrel pope. That was a sure way to wake the real faithful up. That's why God allowed a allowed it. In fact, some of the greatest saints in our 2,000 yr history were setting an example down the street from where a scoundrel Pope was partying it up.
And not one bad Pope ever altered the faith. Apostolic succession darted right thru their Papacy un-phased... Funny, but immediately after Luther unraveld the faith, John Calvin altered it to yet another level. Shortly after him, you had a bunch bible waving fanatics. And now, who know what the heck Christianity your all preaching. I truly believe the internet will finally squash the ignorance-based religion your a part of Rose. The plague of Protestantism will die out and the lord will return.
Rose is making a common mistake; she's confusing impeccability with infallibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Iamfree 10,165
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 15 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... 16 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web