Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668305 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#516662 Feb 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
America IS the nation founded by Christians.
KayMarie
Such is your arrogance.

The Native Indians were in America before the Protestants came to steal the lands away from the natives.

You speak as though you are the teller of truth, and at the same time you want to erase the idea that America had already been "founded."

I really don't care who the first thieves were that killed off the Native Indians. They were still thieves ... and thievery is nothing of which to brag ... is it???

That word "founded" is plain silly, as America was never lost in the first place as the Native Indians were here.

Quesnel, Canada

#516663 Feb 22, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, grow a brain will ya?
The rest of the world will not digress to your level of ignorant thinking.
I am embarrassed to say you are part of the same species.
Hahahahahahaha

Quesnel, Canada

#516664 Feb 22, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better not believe that as fact unless or until it has been verified. You need to look up the artifacts excavated in Peru and other south American sites independent of such claims and the timeline of existence of all those artifacts discovered for a start.
Unlike you, I don't claim to own facts. That is my whole point.

I could get stuck in the idea that the Chinese came to America before Columbus, but the fact is, I don't know because I wasn't alive to see what unfolded.

Concerning history I don't brag about owning facts. I simply believe what is of comfort to my emotions at any given time, and recognize that my opinions have a habit of changing as new information appears and "seems" that the new information could at least be credible.

Quesnel, Canada

#516665 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
.And Peter was,an apostle ..not a,Pope ...he preached the word of Christ ...telling them.about Jesus,...not a,CHURCH to be held up......but the Church as,in body of believers,...His,bride..His,sh eep ..the true Church
What if the words in the new testament were compiled as a flamboyant story made up in the imaginations of the Catholic church fathers.

Would you be able to still live on earth as a mortal human being without having all that made-up story to use for your daily entertainment???

Would you be able to survive without that daily emotional drug and still do well by treating other humans as you would want them to treat you???

Quesnel, Canada

#516666 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On this board, let me,say I've learned a,lot...never thought there was,so much separation between CHRISTS,followers,...
That could be because you haven't studied the history of the Catholics killing other Catholics and the Protestants killing other Protestants ... all as they used their self-perceived holy-books as justifications TO kill.

Quesnel, Canada

#516667 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice WITHOUT the,PERSONAL attacks...on people..
CHRIST IS,OUR Saviuor...
If you think the personal attacks on a forum are nasty ... I suggest you imagine the physical attack with swords, guns, and other methods of torture such as burning at the stake.

It will put it into perspective for you that this is pleasant in comparison.

Quesnel, Canada

#516668 Feb 22, 2014
sweetromance2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you believe that religion is a spell?
Because I was once under the spell of believing that the supposed creator loved his creation.

I now believe that no creator with a sense of decency would have created a realm of such suffering of all forms of animal life ... including that of human animals.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

I suggest that the "system" is simply based on survival of the fittest.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#516669 Feb 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe the holocaust occurred ... but there are those who don't believe it, and they will teach their children to also believe it was lies created by the Jews.
I suggest that the holocaust did occur in big part because your church fathers created the nonsensical myth that the Jews killed your supposed Catholic savior Jesus.
And I believe that is why your new pope is trying to undo the hatred toward the Jews that was first created by the lies of the Catholic church fathers.
Here is the problem with your misguided view of the holocaust... It wasn't only a Jewish holocaust. In fact, more non-Jews were killed than Jews.

Race, sexual orientation, the mentally and physically disabled, ethnic, political, and religious affiliations played an equal part in the German's attempt at a purified race. It wasn't because they thought the Jews killed Jesus. It was because the Jews were successful Germans. They controlled part of the German economy.. The Nazi's hated that fact. To them, the Jews were an inferior race. It bothered them that Germans worked for the Jews on German land.
But, think what you want. You champion of Judaism you!

Quesnel, Canada

#516670 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Now back to earth and what really happened: The Apostles established a hierarchy. They set up an authoritative teaching magisterium, not a Bible. They ordained men that would succeed them ie "Apostolic succession", ever hear of it? Apostolic succession is the reason why you have a Bible in your hand.
So you believe that (within common-sense theology) Jewish apostles established a Catholic hierarchy???

I suggest NOT!
Jerry1957

Motta Di Livenza, Italy

#516671 Feb 22, 2014
Believing in God, the Creator of the universe (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) is not enough. In James 2:19, written by the Lord Yeshua's half-brother (Jesus in English), we read that even the demons believe and tremble, but that won't get them a full pardon or eternal life. Yeshua (Jesus) even said that there would be many who came in his name, declaring him to be the Messiah, but they would be deceivers.

As far as the Vatican goes, no organization that misrepresents the Bible, God, Yeshua, and the mother of Yeshua can have our best interests at heart. Rav Sha'ul (Apostle Paul) wrote the following in Galatians 1:8-9:
"But even if we -- or, for that matter, an angel from heaven!-- were to announce to you some so-called "Gospel" contrary to the Gospel we did announce to you, let him be under a curse forever! We said it before, and I say it again: if anyone announces a "Gospel" contrary to the Gospel we did announce to you, let him be under a curse forever!"

Personally, I don't think it gets much clearer than that. And as much as I hate offending people, I hate offending God even more. As a born again Jewish believer, I cannot sit idly by and watch people being deceived without warning them. However, if they want to continue living a lie, then they have "Free Will" to do so. I certainly won't be the one to stand in their way.

In the Book of Deuteronomy chapter 13, God told Moses to provide my people with a surefire method for understanding whether or not someone is a prophet from God. In fact, as a Jew, I am forced to reject the Jesus presented by the Roman Catholic Church -- a Jesus so intrinsically linked to idolatry and praying to the dead that it goes against everything that the Torah (first five books of the Hebrew Bible) teaches me. When I truly accepted the Lord Yeshua, he was presented to me as my Messiah, the Jewish Messiah prophesied by the Scripture of the Old Testament. Yeshua, being the Word of God in flesh and blood, could never condone the worship of statues (see the Books of Isaiah and Jeremiah respectively), praying to dead people (considered as witchcraft), or bringing coffins inside a sanctuary that is supposed to be holy. The Roman Catholic Church teaches Replacement Theology, and a whole host of traditions and doctrines of men that basically annul the written Word of God (see Matthew 15), much like the scribes and the Pharisees did in the 1st century. Prior to his death, Pope John Paul II allowed a Luciferian (satanic) high priestess to pronounce a blessing over him during an interfaith meeting at the Vatican. Neither apostles Peter, John, Matthew or Paul would have ever even entertained such a sinful idea (see 2 Corinthians 6:14-18). The Vatican is already part of the push to create a single religion. A single religion that will be used by the Antichrist to get everyone to worship him. It's all there folks! All you have to do is carefully scrutinize the Bible with the love of God in your hearts and discernment of spirits. Only those who love YHVH (the Lord) with all their hearts, all their souls and all their resources; and love their neighbors as themselves, can fully comprehend the truths contained in God's Holy Word. There is simply no other way around it. So get cracking, people, and start studying!

Shalom aleikhem!

Quesnel, Canada

#516672 Feb 22, 2014
yes really wrote:
“Protestants believe that the sacraments are like ladders that God gave to us by which we can climb up to Him. Catholics believe that they are like ladders that God gave to Himself by which He climbs down to us.”
&#8213; Peter Kreeft
Maybe concerning religion, up or down is a figment of imagination, as is all implanted religious indoctrination.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#516673 Feb 22, 2014
who="yes really" “Protestants believe that the sacraments are like ladders that God gave to us by which we can climb up to Him. Catholics believe that they are like ladders that God gave to Himself by which He climbs down to us.”
&#8213; Peter Kreeft

----------
I've never seen a One Way ladder. Angels were going UP and DOWN on Jacob's ladder. He can reach me, and I can reach HIM...

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#516674 Feb 22, 2014
EVERYONE,PLEASE,.

I watched,Hannity last night on FOX news..it looks,like,it's,repeated tonight SATURDAY 10 EASTERN.

It's,all about the new,MOVIE ..SON OF GOD .

such wonderful people,who made it....And the,INSPIRATION in how,it was,made,..

Please,watch ...FANTASTIC...every Christian should watch ....!!!!

No matter your denomination!!!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#516675 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the problem with your misguided view of the holocaust... It wasn't only a Jewish holocaust. In fact, more non-Jews were killed than Jews.
You took my post out of context.

I suggest that the continual Jewish holocausts through the centuries came about because the ex-Jew Catholics (in the desire to start a new religion) created the lie that the Jews killed the savior of Catholics.

The stupidity of that lie is that the savior would not have been killed without the approval of the supposed all-powerful god.

And I suggest that (within the nonsensical theology) had Jesus betrayed the Jews, the only god in the Abrahamic Jewish religion would have "wanted" Jesus to be put to death for turning his "back" on the Jews and in turn joining up with the Catholics.

Quesnel, Canada

#516676 Feb 22, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
I've never seen a One Way ladder. Angels were going UP and DOWN on Jacob's ladder. He can reach me, and I can reach HIM...
KayMarie
Was it on one of your ecclesiastical TRIPS up or on his trip down that Elohim called you to preach your Protestant doctrines as being based on the only truth in the universe???

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#516677 Feb 22, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
EVERYONE,PLEASE,.
I watched,Hannity last night on FOX news..it looks,like,it's,repeated tonight SATURDAY 10 EASTERN.
It's,all about the new,MOVIE ..SON OF GOD .
such wonderful people,who made it....And the,INSPIRATION in how,it was,made,..
Please,watch ...FANTASTIC...every Christian should watch ....!!!!
No matter your denomination!!!!!
I suggest that you be careful that your hypnotic trance doesn't get the "best" of you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#516678 Feb 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Bible appeared out of nowhere. Christians scrambled around, thumbing through the mountain of scrolls, searching the scriptures. Everyone deciphering their own Christianity by interpreting it. The Holy Spirit guided this anarchy to Biblical truth until the barbaric Roman Catholic Church tried to confiscate everyones bibles. Then God used to reformation to re-set it up again. This is the church you speak of?
Now back to earth and what really happened: The Apostles established a hierarchy. They set up an authoritative teaching magisterium, not a Bible. They ordained men that would succeed them ie "Apostolic succession", ever hear of it? Apostolic succession is the reason why you have a Bible in your hand. Mysteriously, you think the Holy Spirit is telling you that the magisterium the Apostles set up got it wrong.
Here is one of those Bishops that hung out with Peter, Paul, John and the fellas:
"take care and do all things in harmony with God, with the Bishop presiding in place of God, and with the presbyters in place of the council of the Apostles, and the deacons (who are most dear to me), entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ, who was with the father from the beginning and is at last made manifest"
On earth, the Bishop is in charge of the day to day operations of the Church, as well as ensuring the faith is safeguarded for the next generation. We can prove that this happened by the writings of all generations dating back to Christ. You, on the other hand, can't even prove that the previous born again movement shared your theology!
If the,succession is,assured by the HOLY Spirit in regards,to the Pope....
What happens,when men allowed politics,to control it...

You know,darn well not EVERY Pope,was,God chosen ...so if you believe in succession the,way you do...it was,BROKEN.

I believe the,word of God preached by true believers,is,IN THE SUCCESSION.of what the,APOSTLES,DID.

I'm.sorry Clay..I just don't believe that what the RCC morphed into was what Jesus,intended.

I believe,y our modern POPES, are much closer ...And these,changes,would NOT have happened without the,Reformation

Meanwhile ...You SHOUKD watch the,Hannity program tonight about the,movie SON OF GOD..

those,folks,are,spreading God's,word ...God bless them...so is,Hannity ....by showcasing it..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#516679 Feb 22, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What a hoot.
You certainly are!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#516680 Feb 22, 2014
Both Catholics,and,Evangelicals,tal king about the,movie,were,moved ....they speak about it on the,show..AMAZING ....

10 PM EASYERN FOX NEWS,CHANNEL

Quesnel, Canada

#516681 Feb 22, 2014
How people could be so needy and so stupid as to believe that a creator would give some believers truth and deprive others in other parts of the world of the truth is proof positive on this forum.

Even the greedy Catholics and Protestants can't see eye to eye on who the creator favors with his supposed divine truth.

I suggest that such self-delusion has never ... and does not result in bliss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Imprtnrd 395
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Just me 10,391
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web