Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599405 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#516134 Feb 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of crap. Christians did everything opposite of the Jews. If the Jews had worshiped Sundays Christians would make Saturday their day.
Christianity has done everything possible to squeeze the Jew out of Jesus.
I agree!

The first Catholics observed Saturday as the sabbath. It was changed by ongoing generations of Catholics that wanted to distance Catholicism from Judaism.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#516135 Feb 20, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions are lies fakes and crimes.
You are not shocking us with your comments. Try harder.

Prince George, Canada

#516136 Feb 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Are you a defender of the Jewish faith now? Ironic because you're going to hell according to them.
Gehenna is the Jewish equivalent of Christian hell.

Fiery pits and all those other threats of doom to those who won't join OUR religion of "truth."

YUCK!

Prince George, Canada

#516137 Feb 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you Jesus was a devout Jew his entire life,and practiced his faith in accordance with Jewish customs and traditions.
...Are you speaking out against Jewish customs and traditions?
The Catholics decimated the Jews century after century because of their supposed VILE religion and customs.

It's too late to change the story NOW and try to make the church fathers into SAINTS ... even though they claimed the titles for their selves.

Prince George, Canada

#516138 Feb 20, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC is the most Christian criminal Organisation in the last two thousand years.
The Mafia pales in comparison.

Prince George, Canada

#516139 Feb 20, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
the Jews are monotheists.
At one time they were polytheists. Then some of the Jews broke away from polytheism to create the Abrahamic nonsense of the one-god that chose only Jews as his favorites.

Had they placed the title LOVE on that one-god ... their scheme would have been viewed as a total lie ... because the word LOVE would favor NO personalized religion whatsoever.

That word LOVE can't BE owned.

Prince George, Canada

#516140 Feb 20, 2014
I suggest you try this test. Replace the word savior with the word LOVE ... and then try to claim that LOVE came to save Christians ONLY.

You can't DO it can you?? And the reason you can't do it, is because your conscience is fully aware that the word LOVE includes ALL ... not simply your greed-filled religious sect.
Liam

United States

#516141 Feb 20, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you Jesus was a devout Jew his entire life,and practiced his faith in accordance with Jewish customs and traditions.
...Are you speaking out against Jewish customs and traditions?
Ok June...I mean Michael, Jesus was a devout Jew and so are Christians. He was the sacrificial lamb of God. That's as Jewish as you can get. At our Mass, we partake in the sacrifice on Calvary. All early Christians were Jews until Peter brought the faith to the Gentiles.
Hey, that's our religion, what do you care? What kinda atheist defends a religion and uses that religion against another religion. Ha. In your world that's equivalent of defending the Easter bunny against Santa Clause!!??!
Any Jewish Rabbi would look you and June in the eye and say you're going to Hell. So what's the difference to you idiots? Do you prefer the Jewish hell over the Christian hell? The Jewish sacrifice over the Christian sacrifice? Lol
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#516142 Feb 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest you try this test. Replace the word savior with the word LOVE ... and then try to claim that LOVE came to save Christians ONLY.
You can't DO it can you?? And the reason you can't do it, is because your conscience is fully aware that the word LOVE includes ALL ... not simply your greed-filled religious sect.
Maybe the real problem is YOU'RE not getting enough sect!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#516143 Feb 20, 2014
Seentheotehrside posted many citations to different things.

....then "EXPERT" responded with.....

EXPERT wrote:
You have been lied to.

New Age wrote:
Citation please.
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence please,
Typical so-called "Christian" - never supporting their claims.

No EXPERT - "Seen" already did, and then you refuted the post with "Youv'e been lied to."

Sounds to me, that you are making a false claim, and think people will believe you, just because you say so. Just like many other so-called "Christians" who are too afraid to admit they don't know.

I don't think you understand your religion, let alone what it is supposed to me.

If you don't have a citation to support your claim to others, then just be honest and admit you don't know.

You can do that, right - you know - being honest with others, right?

You've yet to show that you can.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#516144 Feb 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok June...I mean Michael, Jesus was a devout Jew and so are Christians. He was the sacrificial lamb of God. That's as Jewish as you can get. At our Mass, we partake in the sacrifice on Calvary. All early Christians were Jews until Peter brought the faith to the Gentiles.
Hey, that's our religion, what do you care? What kinda atheist defends a religion and uses that religion against another religion. Ha. In your world that's equivalent of defending the Easter bunny against Santa Clause!!??!
Any Jewish Rabbi would look you and June in the eye and say you're going to Hell. So what's the difference to you idiots? Do you prefer the Jewish hell over the Christian hell? The Jewish sacrifice over the Christian sacrifice? Lol
What do you know about Judaism and Hell? You might as well be talking about the Easter Bunny.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/A...

Albuquerque, NM

#516145 Feb 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "twisted and distorted" personal opinion" as to my thoughts with regard to June has "zero credibility". She is a "child of God" just like everyone else on this forum!! Only "fundies" like you would "think otherwise" !!!
From the way you have spoken to many people on this forum, your posts clearly show that you aren't any "child of God", especially when you can't even abide by Jesus' main teaching....."love one another as I have love you."

You seem to disregard this commandment, because ifyour speak is "of Jesus" - I do not know of any place where Jesus admonishes other religions as much as you have. You actually sound hateful of others. Which is not a teaching by Jesus.

I would suggestion you step out of the religious fold you are in, gather your thoughts a while and then reapproach that which you hatefully dismiss through your arrogance.

Albuquerque, NM

#516146 Feb 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that you and other ant-Catholics (atheists, agnostics, Protestants, etc. have all become "experts" at calling the Catholic kettle black!!!-------You talk about "lashing out at others"-------and yet----you atheists , agnostics and many bible only Protestants are leading the
"trumpet section" when it comes to "lashing out" at others who don't agree with you!!!
Why do you call "a child of God" such names?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#516147 Feb 20, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Jesus trumps John:

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#516148 Feb 20, 2014
No Salvation outside the Catholic church???

How soon they forget their own teachings!

Pope Pelagius II (A.D. 578 - 590)

"Consider the fact that whoever has not been in the peace and unity of the Church cannot have the Lord....Although given over to flames and fires, they burn, or, thrown to wild beasts, they lay down their lives, there will not be (for them) that crown of faith but the punishment of faithlessness....Such a one can be slain, he cannot be crowned....[If] slain outside the Church, he cannot attain the rewards of the Church."

Pope Saint Gregory the Great (A.D. 590 - 604)

"Now the holy Church universal proclaims that God cannot be truly worshipped saving within herself, asserting that all they that are without her shall never be saved." (Moralia)

Pope Innocent III (A.D. 1198 - 1216)

"Indeed, there is but one universal Church of the faithful outside of which no one at all is saved." (Pope Innocent III, Fourth Lateran Council, 1215; Denz. 151)

"With our hearts we believe and with our lips we confess but one Church, not that of the heretics, but the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church, outside which we believe that no one is saved." (Denzinger 423)

Pope Boniface VIII in his Bull Unam Sanctam issued in 1302:

"We declare, say, define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff." (Denz. 469)

Pope Leo X reaffirmed the teaching of Boniface VIII:(1512-1517)

"Where the necessity of salvation is concerned all the faithful of Christ must be subject to the Roman Pontiff, as we are taught by Holy Scripture, the testimony of the holy fathers, and by that constitution of our predecessor of happy memory, Boniface VIII, which begins Unam Sanctam." (Pope Leo X, Fifth Lateran Council (1512-1517) Conciliorum Oecumenicorum Decreta, Edidit Centro di Documentazione, Instituto per Science Religiose, Herder, Bologna, 1962, no. 40, pp. 619, 620.)

Pope Leo XII (A.D. 1823 - 1829)

"We profess that there is no salvation outside the Church....For the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth.

With reference to those words Augustine says:`If any man be outside the Church he will be excluded from the number of sons, and will not have God for Father since he has not the Church for mother.'" (Encyclical, Ubi Primum)

Pope Pius IX (A.D. 1846 - 1878)

"It must be held by faith that outside the Apostolic Roman Church, no one can be saved; that this is the only ark of salvation; that he who shall not have entered therein will perish in the flood." (Denzinger 1647)

Albuquerque, NM

#516149 Feb 20, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I get angry at anti-catholic heretical people who are on this forum for the specific purpose of attacking my Catholic Christian Faith and Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church!.......plain and simple!......It is people like you who think that you and other anti-catholics like you who hate Catholics and the Catholic Church, have a "free pass" to rip the faith of Catholics and then we are suppose to just "sit by passively" and put up with the anti-catholic BS without reponding. Sorry----but it doesn't work that way.-----People who chose " not to follow Jesus" or His One True Church--------make it "their own choice!!--------I chose to follow Christ, His One True Catholic Church and 2000 years of His biblical and historical "proven TRUTH!! Jesus got angry at the hypocrites, brood of vipers and heretics during His ministry..
People today can believe what they want!! Makes no difference to me or any other Catholic on this foruim.-------If they truly believe what they say--'then go live it" and quit attacking our Catholic faith, our Catholic Church and Jesus Christ HIMSELF.......However------we as Catholics "all know they can't do that' because the entire premise, doctrine and belief of All anti-catholics is to attack, rip and vindictively attempt to undermine over 2000 of the biblical and historical authenticated TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. It is a fact that Atheists, Agnostics and Bible only Protestantism--"cannot exist'(on its own) without attacking the TRUTH of the TRUE teachings and doctrine of the Catholic Church. This fact has been proven over and over and over again on this forum.--and you Gods R Delusional --are no exception!!!!
"I chose to follow Christ, His One True Catholic Church and 2000 years of His biblical and historical "proven TRUTH!! "

Liar.

You don't follow these teachings.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Or these.....

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

...you would rather lie and be hateful to others, without even investigating their points, position, or beliefs.

Yeah, sure you say you have "been there, done that", yet it seems to me and probably many others, your posts clearly show you haven't made any improvements to your hatred of others.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#516150 Feb 20, 2014
St Augustine wrote:

`If any man be outside the Church he will be excluded from the number of sons, and will not have God for Father since he has not the Church for mother.'

Now some claim St Augustine was confused. So were about a dozen Popes.

But the history is there for all to see, just as is the evidence for evolution.

Yet fundies of all kinds ignore reality.

Albuquerque, NM

#516151 Feb 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and I am right in line behind you and your catholic buddies before" almighty God" when the time comes...thanks for reminding me
*waves to you from the last spot in line*

Hi!

It is awfully quiet back here.

Care to watch what is goin' on up front, from back here?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#516152 Feb 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Jesus during his. ENTIRE life belongs to and practices a belief system that he loves, but a belief system that does not believe in him. Does that make sense to you?

.....then at the end of his life, dumps his lifelong belief system, starts an entirely new belief system leaving behind thousands of Jews who practiced and loved Judaism just like he did.

.....the stories about man god Jesus, Mary, Joseph, 12 apostles, kings following lights in the sky, etc. Are not recorded by anyone else in our recorded history during their supposed era.

.....something is wrong Will.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#516153 Feb 20, 2014
who="Henry" <quoted text>
The Bible is just a book of fairy tales nothing else

----------
YOU couldn't write a book that names people, and tells the manner of their death, 5,000 years a head of the event. Describe the formation of hurricane's, predict the movements of a nation for hundreds of years in advance. Nor could you write anything that would provide healing or comfort for mankind anywhere. Lots of other things in there that YOU couldn't write.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Catholic24 84,271
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 4 hr Paul Porter1 213
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Mon tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web