Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654269 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Secret Harbour, Australia

#516013 Feb 19, 2014
pohlepa=ploha=plate
se what they say
plati pa se rugaj

seeeeeee
plate=basin
istina bas istina
kako da ne
bastina
bashichi
a bestimate
see best;imateeeeeeee
imate svegaaaaaa
i ;ma;teeeeeee

imate svega
truth

#516014 Feb 19, 2014
truth

#516015 Feb 19, 2014
see methew 20

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#516016 Feb 19, 2014
I will admit that reading the promise of learning supposed knowledge gave my father inspiration in the idea that he would pay debts of karma though reincarnaion if he treated others in a deceptive manner.

However, the threat of being punished because of one's own behavior seemed to me to be a fear-filled reason for treating others well. The idea being that "I will have to suffer more in my next incarnation for causing the suffering of others."

I believe that I don't need any religion to realize that if I treat others well, my conscience will be clear and I won't have to be at war with my self.

And if I treat others in a fair manner and there just happens to be a hereafter ... I suggest that I shouldn't have to worry about punishment ... whatsoever.

Prince George, Canada

#516017 Feb 19, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
1)....Someone searching for the real truth.
......catholics mock protestants' protestants mock catholics, and both groups mock anyone not like them.......so what is your concern about June?
Concerning the mysteries, I don't expect other than opinions of my own and of others, and that way I am never disappointed. Nor will I allow my self the haughty opinion that a source gives me universal truth.

I simply try to get up each day comprehending that I feel better about me when I am kind to others.

Prince George, Canada

#516018 Feb 19, 2014
I suggest you be careful about those who claim to be psychic.

I watched Sylvia Brown fill Montel Williams with the notion that his cycles of reincarnation are over, as his karmic debts are done.

That woman was dangerous.

She also informed parents that their son was deceased when thereafter he was found very much alive. That information might have stopped the parents from searching for their son who would have been counting on them to keep searching until he was found.

I used to go to "psychics" ... but no more will I trust them to lead me with their thoughts.

It's a dangerous "habit."

Prince George, Canada

#516019 Feb 19, 2014
The world-renowned Edgar Cayce on which my father relied for "truth" was indoctrinated as a devout Christian, who claimed to read the bible once every year from cover to cover.

However, when he became a devout believer in reincarnation, he then wove his beliefs of reincarnation to fit his already Christianized dogmas.

To this day, those who believe in reincarnation are followers of words taught by Edgar Cayce.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Edgar Cayce on the Reincarnations of Jesus

He spoke at length on Christian Gnosticism well before the Gnostic writings were discovered after his death. Cayce affirmed that Christian Gnosticism is the type of Christianity that was taught by Jesus.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen0...
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#516020 Feb 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that the Catholic church is the only real Christian church, because they were the first to use the word Christian and church and they were the ones to change the Greek word Ihcuc into the word Jesus.
However ... claiming that "what" your church fathers wrote and taught was based on universal truth inspired by Elohim (the one god of the Abrahamic religion, that was previously created by the Jews)... is another matter entirely.
This is where you and I disagree regarding TRUE history, the Truth of a God our creator, the True history and teachings of Jesus Christ and the chronological events leading up to the theological inspired writings of the Early Church Fathers who "correctly interpreted the ,letters, documents and writings of the Apostles! You, June have an "underlying" anti-god, anti-Jesus Christ (pre-determined) agenda that is the basis of every post that you make on this forum! That is exactly why I cannot take you seriously !!!!!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#516021 Feb 19, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I will admit that reading the promise of learning supposed knowledge gave my father inspiration in the idea that he would pay debts of karma though reincarnaion if he treated others in a deceptive manner.
However, the threat of being punished because of one's own behavior seemed to me to be a fear-filled reason for treating others well..
This is one "assumption" that (you yourself) will have to "fill in the blanks" as to being true or false........ I/we as Catholics have already arrived at the Truth!!!

Prince George, Canada

#516022 Feb 19, 2014
I suggest that Edgar Cayce did not see universal truth, because had he been raised as a Muslim, his terminology would have been based on the 12th Imam ... the Mahdi ... NOT Jesus.

We are what we have been programmed to believe ... plus what we also take in as new "concepts" of truths.

Because of supposed trance-like experiences Edgar Cayce chose to invite the belief of reincarnation into his previously Christianized psyche.

I can't know if reincarnation is a fact or simply a figment of imagination.

How could I know, when belief itself is so highly over-rated?

Prince George, Canada

#516023 Feb 19, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one "assumption" that (you yourself) will have to "fill in the blanks" as to being true or false........ I/we as Catholics have already arrived at the Truth!!!
I suggest you have arrived at a dead-end in being adamant that you already know universal truth.

If you stay where you are ... that is your choice.

Prince George, Canada

#516024 Feb 19, 2014
The truth ... according to Edgar Cayce.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Adam (as the Christ soul) joined his twin soul Eve in allowing himself to be seduced by materiality himself. This is symbolized by his acceptance of "the forbidden fruit." The other sons of God followed his lead and incarnated, and as a result were moved to express their materiality by interbreeding with the "daughters of men" (Genesis 6:1-2) who were the homo sapiens that evolved from ape-men according to Darwin's theory of evolution. According to the Cayce material and Christian Gnosticism, their banishment from the Garden of Eden was actually a great blessing because death and reincarnation are designed to draw our attention away from materiality and the flesh, and toward our true spiritual nature.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#516025 Feb 19, 2014
How can anyone write a string of posts that takes up a whole page, and permits no real discussion.
It has no other purpose; I don't read the stuff...just scroll past it.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#516026 Feb 19, 2014
I suggest that my father was taken in by the words of Edgar Cayce ... because Edgar Cayce was taken in by the idea that he owned divine knowledge because he had linked in to universal truth.

It's a self-perceived type of illusion as ancient as is man.

Prince George, Canada

#516027 Feb 19, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
How can anyone write a string of posts that takes up a whole page, and permits no real discussion.
It has no other purpose; I don't read the stuff...just scroll past it.
KayMarie
Whose is stopping you from "discussing?"

By the way, have you decided yet "for Jesus" if you were indeed chosen as his Protestant preacher of truth???

Do you remember how you used to brag that you were "called" to preach???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#516028 Feb 19, 2014
Who is

Prince George, Canada

#516029 Feb 19, 2014
Cayce also identified Melchizedek as an incarnation of the Jesus-entity.

Cayce also identified the Biblical personality named Enoch to be a Jesus-entity incarnate.

Prince George, Canada

#516030 Feb 19, 2014
Belief is highly over-rated.

It took its toll on those who entertained the most frivolous fantasies as being based on universal truth.

Yet the right-fighting dogmas keep bleeding off of each other ... literally.

Prince George, Canada

#516031 Feb 19, 2014
It was easy for my father to be drawn into believing that Edgar Cayce had tuned in to universal truth.

Having been raised a staunch Cathoic, he was already indoctrinated to believe that Jesus had lived on earth and was a teacher of love.

So when my father broke away from Catholicism, after a priest informed my father that those who were not Catholic would burn in hell ... my father was ready to believe that Jesus was not a savior to Catholics, but rather an incarnation of a teacher of truth.

Edgar Cayce offered my father words that made sense TO my father.

But I suggest that concerning the mysteries, that what we believe makes sense to us, ought to be held as suspect concerning illusion.

Prince George, Canada

#516032 Feb 19, 2014
It was and is claimed that Edgar Cayce predictated the finding of the dead sea scrolls before they were discovered.

Tink about it.

They already were in human possession somewhere on earth, and that means they were not lost.

Who knows what information was passed on to Edgar Cayce, and how it was passed on???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web