Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515837 Feb 18, 2014
If people need church to continually be assured of their own salvation, I suggest that they really need to substitute that needy habit for a positive habit.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515838 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have a different opinion on the poster "truth" than do you, but I will keep it to myself.
And as for love ... I don't believe that humans are capable of comprehending that word other than through tunnel vision, which in turn is based on nothing other than self-centered perceptions.
I suggest that we would be more in tune with our own feelings if we didn't pretend to love our neighbors as our selves ... as that is totally silly.
Self is concerned with survival, and I recognize that it is the nature of all animals ... of which I am one.
If you come to harm my family or me ... be prepared to die. That is my nature.
LOVE

LOVE

LOVE
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515839 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is the prunes that I eat daily that "move" me.
Pasta constipates me.
:)
I am persecuted for my faith.

Unlike the people of the angry, violent and immoral gods, I will react as my one true God teaches:

LOVE

WINE

LOVE

WINE

Only then will the pasta agree with you.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515840 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If people need church to continually be assured of their own salvation, I suggest that they really need to substitute that needy habit for a positive habit.
The delusion requires reinforcement, because it cannot be truly validated in the real world.

Validation. That's why they are here.

They need to believe that it is more than just the Primacy Effect -- that their so-called "choice" happened not because it was drilled into them as children -- but because they studied and learned for themselves.

No amount of reality will sway them from seeing themselves as immune from the Primacy Effect.

You seem angry because you were controlled by that effect for so long. No worries, my God is the only real God and he loves wine and women.

Ramen

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515841 Feb 18, 2014
The first Supreme Court Judges were all white-male Protestants.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

6 Catholics, 3 Jews

Does it matter that there might soon be no Protestants on the Supreme Court?

Elesha Coffman/ May 11, 2010

If Elena Kagan, President Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court, is confirmed, the nation's high court will be, for the first time in its history, devoid of Protestants. Kagan is Jewish, as are Justices Stephen Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. All of the other justices—Chief Justice John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, and Sonia Sotomayor—are Catholic. How did this situation come about in a historically Protestant-dominated country? And should evangelicals be concerned?

It's important to note that the composition of the Supreme Court has never reflected the composition of the country. All justices were white until the appointment of Thurgood Marshall in 1967, and all justices were male until the appointment of Sandra Day O'Connor in 1981. When President Andrew Jackson appointed the court's first Catholic member, Roger Taney, in 1836, the Roman Catholic Church was already well on its way to becoming the country's largest single Christian body. Most justices have also shared connections to a small group of elite schools. Harvard Law School trained the highest number, 14 justices, including five members of the current court.(Justice Ginsburg attended HLS but graduated from Columbia.) Kagan, a graduate and former dean of HLS, would make a sixth.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/mayw...

Throughout the court's history, some groups—notably Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Unitarians, and Jews—have been significantly overrepresented in comparison to their prevalence in the American population, while other groups have been significantly underrepresented. Though Baptists constitute the country's largest Protestant group, there have been just three Baptist justices. The second-largest Protestant group, Methodists, have supplied only five. There has never been a Pentecostal justice, despite that movement's explosive growth since the Azusa Street Revival of 1906.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/mayw...

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515842 Feb 18, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am persecuted for my faith.
Unlike the people of the angry, violent and immoral gods, I will react as my one true God teaches:
LOVE
WINE
LOVE
WINE
Only then will the pasta agree with you.
Ramen
Are you threatening me that if I don't worship your pasta it will judge me as a pasta-heretic???

Only when it is dry does your pasta have any semblance whatsoever of a backbone.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515843 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
Too many orgasms of the brain could make the brain-cells malfunction and have them give up the ghost.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515844 Feb 18, 2014
Where do the delusional draw the line?

At mocking other people's funerals maybe?

Ahhh, actually no.

“Resources For The Future”

Since: Feb 14

Los Angeles, CA

#515845 Feb 18, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
How to convence someone of a lie:
1) Tell the lie's story and hope there is no effort to challenge the facts.
2) Try to create a feeling of fear, guilt and inadequacy on anyone who is reluctant to believe the lie
3) Tell people the just need faith.
Sound familiar Roman Catholic Church???
Or maybe just like someone who completed their finals and feel they aced it but aren't 100% sure......

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515846 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
You seem angry because you were controlled by that effect for so long.
Actually, I'm not at all angry about having been under the spell of religion for most of my life. Having been in religion is why I finally set myself free "from" religion.

It is as though someone opened a cage-door and set me free ... and that person was me.

Rest assured that if the theologians had their way, I would still be locked in that trap that they sprung on me when as a child I took "part" of what they preached as being based on truth.

With a clear conscience I sleep well at night ... as long as I don't have any physical suffering. And my hope is that before I die I won't have to endure horrific suffering as do so many seniors that rot away in long-term-care facilities ... in the name of God's LOVE.

Sarcasm intended.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515847 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you threatening me that if I don't worship your pasta it will judge me as a pasta-heretic???
Only when it is dry does your pasta have any semblance whatsoever of a backbone.
Personally, I would like everyone who doesn't agree with me to suffer eternally, but my God doesn't work that way.

Sometimes, it's like why bother with a moral, not angry God?

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515849 Feb 18, 2014
Zachary Gima wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe just like someone who completed their finals and feel they aced it but aren't 100% sure......
Of course they have doubt that they will be chosen by a god as flighty as Elohim was to the Jews.

Elohim ... "So what if I told the Jews they were my chosen few. I am GOD and I can change my mind anytime I please!!! My 'love' is conditional to how much worship I receive. I could turn on individual Muslims or individual Catholics or individual Protestants at will just as I turned on the Jews. I like to keep the worshippers 'guessing.' By the way, I'm very fond of the song with the words 'If you weren't true to one and two,' you won't be true to me."

Tongue in cheek

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#515850 Feb 18, 2014
LTM wrote:
.Parker needs your prayers!
ATTENTION PRAYER WARRIORS!!!
This is Parker. He is 3 years old and fighting for his life. His parents took him sledding yesterday and... as he was getting off his sled a teenager came from behind and they collided. Parker has a brain bleed, and many other serious life threatening issues. In the height of yesterday's storm they put him in a state of unconsciousness in order to transport him to a bigger hospital (he couldn't be air lifted bc of the snow.) He is moaning in pain and in very critical condition. This is all I know for now. PLEASE PLEASE pray for Parker and his family. Prayers work!!!! and the family is requesting as many as possible.....
Will do

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515851 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Personally, I would like everyone who doesn't agree with me to suffer eternally, but my God doesn't work that way.
Sometimes, it's like why bother with a moral, not angry God?
Well, you created your god in an image that had no ill-will towards others who didn't believe as you believe, so why are you whining to me???

If you wanted a cruel, heartless god that would punish offenders, you should have created one. It was never difficult to custom-create cruel and vindictive gods.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515852 Feb 18, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Will do
You WILL push your luck HUH???

What if Elohim wants the spirit of the child set free to be at home with him, and you are praying to keep the little spirit alive in a suffering human material body of ill-will???

What about that issue???

Tongue in cheek

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515853 Feb 18, 2014
All preachers preach that "God knows what is necessary for believers" ... just before the preachers ask you to pray for sick people to escape death.

Hypocrisy abounds.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#515854 Feb 18, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to ask yourself this question. Why is it so all-important to you to believe that Catholics will be saved and others will go to hell?
WHY???
I have "never" said that (only) Catholics will be saved and everyone else goes to hell! It is "ONLY YOU" that keeps repeating this nonsense. You really need get a " firm grip" on yourself and reality and quick "venting" your anti-catholic animosity by "making things up" with your "personal confused opinions"!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#515855 Feb 18, 2014
There was an old woman, who fell in an old well.
Everyone heard and ran as she would yell and yell,
"If you are up in heaven, then its better down here in hell!!",
So they left her there in the the month of June so they tell,
Because she thought all were under some kind of spell,
The people decided to build over the well, a large bell,
And they put a Mark on it the shape of a shell,
Where one could listen to the sea, the wind and ocean swell....

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515856 Feb 18, 2014
If you believe that "God" provides what is necessary ...what about the starving babies that die in droves every day and night nonstop???

All that the god provides in those cases is suffering and more suffering ... so the god must believe that the babies benefit FROM the suffering.

You can't play the games from both ends to the midde and expect others to make sense of your twisted games.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#515857 Feb 18, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "never" said that (only) Catholics will be saved and everyone else goes to hell! It
Stop being silly!!!

That was the teaching of the Catholic fathers and there is no getting around that, because as you claim, they were the only REAL Christians.

Some day I suggest that rather than being proud ... believers will be ashamed to be labeled as the only real Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Mr Sir 10,547
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr superwilly 84,712
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 13 hr Eric 9
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... Sat nanoanomaly 1
News What is up with that strange photo of President... Sat Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... May 26 BB Board 1
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web