Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687269 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#515608 Feb 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason no sunshine can be piped in to you is you live too far out in the woods!!!!
Christians use Strong's Kione Greek lexicon to see the definition of Kione Greek words used to translate into English words...same with Hebrew...
You never did answer my question....did Christ teach we are to hate our parents, relatives, etc to be a follower of His teachings?? Hate, per your thinking, as defined in the English dictionary....
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
How did we get from you re-translating the Bible from English to non-existent "Kione Greek" and then back into different English to support your heresy and suddenly instead of justifying the way you change the Bible's translation you want to change the subject to what I think Christ taught about hostility? What's a matter, Oxbow? Pope got your tongue?

Let's stay on the original topic for a bit longer. Why do you translate the English version of the Bible into "Kione Greek" and then back into different English? Is there something wrong with your English version of the Bible? How about replacing it with a translation that is approved by experts instead of making up new translations on your own?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#515609 Feb 17, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
How much do you want to bet he backs down to you and responds nicely?
Typical coward. I don't have the time for this child's play. I'm out of here.
Have a good night.
I don't know what it is with these guys.
Sometimes I think they learned how to treat women by the way their fathers treated their mothers...
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515610 Feb 17, 2014
i ja ih vidih
ko sipak
dusha do dushe
u tom svijetlu
i vidih kako moja dusha
titra u meni
i sa njima svim mojim dushama..
nkh
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#515611 Feb 17, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbore cant even Spell the word [Koine], let alone have studied it.
I've noticed.

He can quote a few verses in the Bible, or perhaps he just cuts and pastes from a web site without actually reading the Bible. At any rate, it appears that even if he reads the Bible he doesn't understand the message.
Michael

Canada

#515612 Feb 17, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're like a fly that buzzes around everyone's head, annoying people, making things up, unable to stay on topic, demanding attention and crying if you don't get it. What's the matter, not enough fellow bigots on the board today to stroke your ego and make you feel like a MAN?
Go away, Mikey. Didn't you get the hint the first time?
BZZZZZZ.......SWAT!!
.........You are denying that your catholic church over the centuries, sent people called heretics Off to authorities to be burned or hanged from the 110s to 1400s.?

Still here!.....Bzzzzzzzzz!

Google ......Catholic heretics killed....

Goole
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515613 Feb 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of a Catholic misquoting the Bible....some even quote the Bible in support of their homosexual acts!!!!
As a weak human being, I like the Bible.

It can be quoted in support of virtually anything, wealth, murder even. Men's superiority over women is cool.

But some have become confused and given away all their worldly possessions. Some old time church fathers were so confused, they castrated themselves "for the sake of heaven."

WARNING!

My one true God wants everyone to know that NO ONE should castrate themselves, or give away everything, at least on his behalf.

My one true God is not a god of confusion.

Ramen
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515614 Feb 17, 2014
https://www.google.com.au/search...

moja dusha
sa svim mojim dushama
o kako radosno titra moja dusha u tom svijetlu
sa svim mojim dushama..

sjedila sam na njegovom koljenu
milo ga ljubila i govorila
vrati se
rekla je baka
svoji smo
na svome cemo opet biti..

vrati se dusho moja
u smiraj dana
kad prolazno od zivota
prijedje u vjecnost
jer opet cesh samnom zivot biti..

nije grijeh biti siromashan i trpjeti
najveche je blago upoznati istinu o sebi
i istinu o drugima koji te zele zlo i koji te mrze

a tako spoznati
da bog te voli
i znash gdje si
i kome pripadash..

Vrati se dusho moja dushi mojoj
po njoj ces opet zivot biti!
Ja sam ih opet izabrala.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#515615 Feb 17, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I think they learned how to treat women by the way their fathers treated their mothers...
When people come in here and slam me, I slam back. Anyone who can't take it shouldn't dish it out. Women or men(if you can call many either).
Now as far as huckster and regina go... They resorted to defamation long before I ever gave it back....and deserve whatever they get....and I am just the guy to give them a taste of their own nasty disposition and hate mongering. Now, if you wish to support such activity, you will surely get some on you also.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#515616 Feb 17, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Great link.
From your link. "The religious tolerance established by the American Revolution enabled the Catholic clergy of Maryland to found Georgetown University,"
No one is saying the CC, for 1000 to 1500 years - "Christianity" - didn't play a central role in Western civilization.
Please see my original reply. If you believe the CC should take credit for largely Protestant and secular advancements - religious tolerance, democracy, and more,- then you are blinded by bias.
You ignore so much. In the larger picture, without the CC, there would be no Born-Agains.
In fact, under the TRADITIONAL Jewish/CC concept of collective guilt -- YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for every born-again in the USA!
Ramen
We all have bias. The CC laid the ground work. I think the best one can do is consider what historians point out to be the pivotal events in history and imagine if things had gone another way. Again, yes, the CC is responsible for the reformation, which in turn spawned the modern day born again movement.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515617 Feb 17, 2014
http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/godsfruitpomeg...

Ni slutio moj dobri Otac nije
sto se u mom srcu krije

na koljenu Otca moga
milo ga ljubila
i tako mu rekla
vrati se
rekla je baka
biti cemo opet
svoji na svome

ko sipak
titra moja dusha
sa svim mojim dushama

vrati se
dusho moja
u smiraj dana
kad prolazno predje u vjecnost
jer cesh sa mnom opet zivot biti..
Jer ja sam ih mnogo prije odabrala!
nkh
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#515618 Feb 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Factual lying snake: It is human to err..intelligence is measured by how quick one corrects said err...in my case it was instantly......you are still trying to sell me on the idea of an indented audience.....
Please identify where I ever claimed indended was OK, thief.

A permalink will be fine.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#515619 Feb 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Go away Anthony.....
I'll be there for you when you need me little buddy.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515620 Feb 17, 2014
I been there for you with hand lags body and mind INRI!
I resist Crown pain.

Nije grijeh siromashan biti i trpjeti.

Grijeh je nespoznati istinu o sebi

i istinu o drugima koji ti zlo zele i mrze te.

truth

Willetton, Australia

#515621 Feb 17, 2014
Who is real?

Who is Israel?

What is deference between that?

find yourself liars
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515622 Feb 17, 2014
you choose me jelosioooooo sluth and lustttttttttttt

no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

you not choose nothing
you not help me nothingggggggggggggggggg

you are one who liked bigger then otherssssss

you are jelouse sluth

ooo no no no meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you choose me

no no no nottttttttttttttt at all

i choose beforeeeeeeeeeee you all to be born

not you trouble and evil userssssssssssssssssss
jelouse sluth criminalssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssss

i choose my father and my motherrrrrrrrrrr

i chooseeeee themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
not youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu\
go away from meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

evillllllll

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#515623 Feb 17, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Protestant acceptance of artificial birth control is relatively recent. Prior to the 1930s Protestants were just as opposed to the use of artificial birth control as is the Catholic Church, and they preached against it as well.
2. For your information and education:
BIRTH CONTROL METHODS THAT MIGHT CAUSE ABORTION
Intrauterine Device (IUD)- A small device shaped in the form of a "T" that
Oral Contraceptives (Birth Control Pills)- Delivers hormones orally through a daily pill that prevents ovulation, thickens the mucus lining so as to prevent fertilization, and thins the lining of the uterus, which may prevent implantation if fertilization does occur. The estimated failure rate is 5%.*
The Patch (Ortho Evra)- Hormones delivered through a skin patch worn on the lower abdomen, buttocks, or upper body. It prevents ovulation, thickens the mucus lining so as to prevent fertilization, and thins the lining of the uterus, which may prevent implantation if fertilization does occur. The estimated failure rate is 5%.*
The Hormonal Vaginal Contraceptive Ring (NuvaRing)- Hormones delivered through a ring that is inserted into the vagina for three weeks at a time. It prevents ovulation, thickens the mucus lining so as to prevent fertilization, and thins the lining of the uterus, which may prevent implantation if fertilization does occur. The estimated failure rate is 5%.*
Emergency Contraception ("Morning After" Pill, Postcoital Contraception, Plan B, etc.)- Delivers hormones orally through a high-dosage pill that prevents ovulation, thickens the mucus lining so as to prevent fertilization, and thins the lining of the uterus, which may prevent implantation if fertilization does occur. The estimated failure rate is 1%.*
*Department of Health & Human Services. "Birth Control Methods," http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-... (Nov 21, 2011)
".)
Baloney ...in most cases,
Birth control pills,stop ovulation...the body thinks,it's,pregnant ...newer pills have lower doses

should ovulation occur due to whatever..forget pill...antibiotic etc...One gets,pregnant ....

It happens..baby is,fine ....unless something else is going on..NO OVULATION....in most cases...And yes I know you think that's a sin..

I agree on the IUD or any foreign body dispensing drugs for contraception.....also imo they are unsafe ...

However according to Anthony and Liam the protestants,are responsible for all the ills ...or most of them..out of wedlock babies...abortion..since the thirties..

Now,you say we used to fell as you guys,did .until the sixties

Our generation is,definitely responsible ...secularists..Catholics and n o n Catholic women to be more clear.....women's,lib..etc...A nd abortion proliferation was,NOT on the original agenda....
That's,sheer evil..fir b a bird and the moms,it damages ....a,tool of the Evil One ...
And has,nothing to do with ANY PROTESTANT TEACHING ...yet you guys,have CATHOLic women activists ...I'm sure,PROTS,do also..but they don't use their religion for promotion ...

Hmm....we mad all those Catholics,sin....vote liberal....promoting abortion..the most pro abortion Pesident ever twice......because,some of us,use birth control ....amazing.
Look at the numbers...we are nit responsible for Catholics for choice...or any one who voted that way ....sorry....

Secular humanism is,NOT from the Evangelical or Protestant Churches....look to your prominent CATHolics..

Evangelicals,n the whole are more conservative than Catholics these days...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#515624 Feb 17, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My error...I stand corrected...Where they I say I ever studied Koine Greek???
They don't say it anywhere, son.

Everyone knows you're dumber than a bag of beans.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#515625 Feb 17, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Great link.
From your link. "The religious tolerance established by the American Revolution enabled the Catholic clergy of Maryland to found Georgetown University,"
No one is saying the CC, for 1000 to 1500 years - "Christianity" - didn't play a central role in Western civilization.
Please see my original reply. If you believe the CC should take credit for largely Protestant and secular advancements - religious tolerance, democracy, and more,- then you are blinded by bias.
You ignore so much. In the larger picture, without the CC, there would be no Born-Agains.
In fact, under the TRADITIONAL Jewish/CC concept of collective guilt -- YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for every born-again in the USA!
Ramen
Your spinning again. As noted to you before when you made absurd claims about the reformation. If anything an argument can be made that the massive splitting and ensuing persecution of protestants to other protestants and Catholics. Since you brought up the church in Maryland here are the facts again. Do not forget that it was the French Catholics who were persuaded by a Catholic to garner to the support of the French. The early Fathers did speak of slavery and there are different types of it. Slavery based on the color of ones skin was not ever acceptable. Slavery was condemned by the Church before America became a country. Protestants were preaching the bible says Ham shall serve Japeth to support the subjucation of all people with black skin. One look at the prominenet early Fathers and one can see that some of the greatest saints in the church from the beginning were not white. Protestant and secular advancements?

A. Patrick O'Hare

"Catholics ... were the first in America to proclaim and to practice civil and religious liberty ... The colony established by Lord Baltimore in Maryland granted civil and religious liberty to all who professed different beliefs ... At that very time the Puritans of New England and the Episcopalians of Virginia were busily engaged in persecuting their brother Protestants for consciences' sakes and the former were ... hanging `witches'." (50:300-01)

B. Martin Marty (P)

"Baltimore ... welcomed, among other English people, even the Catholic-hating Puritans (8)... In January of 1691 ... the new regime brought hard times for Catholics as the Protestants closed their church, forbade them to teach in public ... but ... the little outpost of practical Catholic tolerance had left its mark of promise on the land." (9)

C. John Tracy Ellis

"For the first time in history ... all churches would be tolerated, and ... none would be the agent of the government ... Catholics and Protestants side by side on terms of equality and toleration unknown in the mother country ... The effort proved vain; for ... the Puritan element ... October, 1654, repealed the Act of Toleration and outlawed the Catholics ... condemning ten of them to death, four of whom were executed ... From ... 1718 down to the outbreak of the Revolution, the Catholics of Maryland were cut off from all participation in public life, to say nothing of the enactments against their religious services and ... schools for Catholic instruction ... During the half-century the Catholics had governed Maryland they had not been guilty of a single act of religious oppression." (10)

cont.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#515626 Feb 17, 2014
D. Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church (P)

"In the 17th century the most notable instances of practical toleration were the colonies of Maryland, founded by Lord Baltimore in 1632 for persecuted Catholics, which offered asylum also to Protestants, and of Rhode Island, founded by Roger Williams." (78:1383)

Stories of Protestant intolerance in America prior to 1789 could be multiplied indefinitely. Jefferson and Madison, in pushing for complete religious freedom, were reacting primarily to these inter-Protestant wars for dominance, not the squabbles of post-Reformation Europe. Here we are concerned with the immediate era of the Protestant Revolution - roughly 1517 to 1600, so the above anecdotes will have to suffice as altogether typical examples.

Auguste Comte also writes:

"`The intolerance of Protestantism was certainly not less tyrannical than that with which Catholicism is so much reproached.'(Philosophie Positive, vol.4, p.51).

"What makes, however, Protestant persecutions specially revolting is the fact that they were absolutely inconsistent with the primary doctrine of Protestantism - the right of private judgment in matters of religious belief! Nothing can be more illogical than at one moment to assert that one may interpret the Bible to suit himself, and at the next to torture and kill him for having done so!

http://www.catholicapologetics.info/apologeti...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#515627 Feb 17, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If some women act like a man they should be treated like a man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web