Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650545 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#515370 Feb 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that you are a lying snake....here is what I said: I do not think....I know: I showed you the truth...from Scripture...do with it whatever
Your lying does not change the facts, thief.

It does, however, prove your desperation.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#515371 Feb 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been full of prattle, so I realize that I'm already down. You are still full of self-perceived wisdom, so you have to fall a long way down before you can reach my "level."
:)
Well, at least you recognize you prattle.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#515372 Feb 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies hojo. I know you are sincere in your faith.
But let's get real for a moment. Look in the mirror.
If being angry all the time and proclaiming yourself as "persecuted" is somehow "defending" the CC -- then something is very wrong.
It's certainly not a proud or hopeful face for any religion, yet alone the scandal-plagued CC.
God or not, we can all learn from the words of Jesus. Maybe you should consider Jesus' teachings when crafting your future posts.
That's all I was saying.
Ramen
Good point!!!
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#515373 Feb 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Ramen does have a point, but I suggest it's on top of his pasta in what's left of his mushy think-box.
:)
Well, when you get a quality scholar to agree, let me know:

"He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees"

-- Ehrman, Bart D., Forged: Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are (HarperOne, 2011), p. 285.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#515374 Feb 16, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you recognize you prattle.
And by choice, you don't recognize yours.

Referring to others as religious thieves is your "habit."

I suggest that all preachers that claimed and claim to know and be able to explain absolute truth ... are deceptive thieves disguised as tellers of truth.

Quesnel, Canada

#515375 Feb 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point!!!
What good point???

The point that if Jesus lived, he was a teller of truth???

If you had been born a Jew, you wouldn't believe that Jesus told the truth when it was taught that he went to work in Catholic confessionals.

There is a reason you believe those silly stories taught by your Catholic church fathers, and for centuries passed on to others as truth.

As a Catholic, the nonsense puffs up your ego ... plain and simple.

Quesnel, Canada

#515376 Feb 16, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when you get a quality scholar to agree, let me know:
From your perception, a "quality scolar" is a person who believes the same as you.

Muslims also have scholars, but you refuse to go there, as your ego can't be fed there what it so much desires, and that is to be told what you already believe is nothing but the truth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#515377 Feb 16, 2014
LTM wrote:
cont
The people this dictator will fight against the most are the people of faith, those with faith in the God of Abraham, you and me. In a sense there is good and bad news. The good news is that the Bible makes clear that this man will have a time strictly limited by God. Repeatedly in Daniel and Revelations this time is given as a 3½ year period.
But the bad news is that during that time there is going to be “great tribulation” such as the world has never seen (Matthew 24:21). It says this Antichrist will “wear out the saints of the Most High”(Daniel 7:25) during that 3½ year period. Other verses indicate that there will be people of faith on earth who will “be strong and do exploits”(Daniel 11:32). But by the end of this 3½ year period, the Bible says this Antichrist will have “scattered the power of the holy people”(Daniel 12:7), just before the return of Jesus.
Maybe that’s why Jesus asked that question,“When the Son of man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” It’s going to be the toughest time in the history of the world for the people of faith. But a thorough reading of Scriptures indicates there will be those who will be transformed at His return, whose bodies will be instantly changed from our present nature to the supernatural bodies that we’ll have for eternity.
Will He find faith on the earth? The answer seems to be yes. God help us all to hold on to our crowns and to keep the faith unto the end, whatever that will be for each of us.
Amen ...LT

our inter Faith squabbling will be as,nothing ...we should try to see what we have in Common..Jesus,Christ ....this man of sin will not care what Church we go to...And Jesus,will
Know of our love and faith despite any Church at all.....they may be all closed for all we know ...
Priests and ministers taken away ...what then for God's people .

Do we not confess directly t o the Father...have faith I n the BLOOD with no man to direct US???

FAITH ..BELIEF ..Eternal Life as,Jesus told us ...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#515378 Feb 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And by choice, you don't recognize yours.
Referring to others as religious thieves is your "habit."
I suggest that all preachers that claimed and claim to know and be able to explain absolute truth ... are deceptive thieves disguised as tellers of truth.
Please identify where I have ever referred to someone as a religious thief.

I will happily provide a permalink to where you have.

Back to your meds.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#515379 Feb 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From your perception, a "quality scolar" is a person who believes the same as you.
Muslims also have scholars, but you refuse to go there, as your ego can't be fed there what it so much desires, and that is to be told what you already believe is nothing but the truth.
You're pretending.

Let's look at Ehrman;s words again: ""He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees"

Now find a widely respected scholar who claims contra.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#515380 Feb 16, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Please identify where I have ever referred to someone as a religious thief.
I will happily provide a permalink to where you have.
Back to your meds.
Speaking of thieves, where's Oxbow?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#515381 Feb 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A very astute observation. My worry is that the institution of marriage itself becomes old fashioned and obsolete. I've seen statistics showing 70% of black children are born out of wedlock. It's only going to go down hill from there. I know it's a cliche', but I really fear for my children and grandchildren.
You really think that's the fault of the Protestants??

Seriously...if you have no man in the house it's,easier to get a,handout...And has been since the Great Society....that's secular ...yes inspired by the Evil One ...

Blaming another religion is foolish..the secularists,promoting abortion...And UNcle handout have nothing to do with God ..in fact they want God out of every aspect of our lives.

This has gotten worse for decades and was,planned..Ayers, Cloward and,Piven....the liberal.agenda,worse,every year...human life and not a is,mean nothing ...mention Jesus,in public it's not PC....the Evangelical movement is,in direct opposition to this ....And you know this,Anthony ...You are among the c o conservative Catholics,...not all vote,that way...they equate government with charity...it's not just Catholics,by any means,...but this,secularist is certainly not Protestants,fault ....that's,nonsense,
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#515382 Feb 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What good point???
The point that if Jesus lived, he was a teller of truth???
If you had been born a Jew, you wouldn't believe that Jesus told the truth when it was taught that he went to work in Catholic confessionals.
There is a reason you believe those silly stories taught by your Catholic church fathers, and for centuries passed on to others as truth.
As a Catholic, the nonsense puffs up your ego ... plain and simple.
I'll remain with my personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His OneTrue Apostolic Catholic Church.---You June, Can believe what you want!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#515383 Feb 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Follow-up...
I wonder when the book will be written titled:
"How the Catholic Church Created the Born-Again Movement"
Yep, the CC must take ownership of both the good and the bad.
Memo: No Born-Again is in any way related to or influenced by my Church.
Ramen
Gods R Delusions

Peace

I love the title, " How the RCC Created the Born-Again Movement"....

I think it should be finished about the same time as the other book, "How the RCC Created the FSM"

Note: Spaghetti was made in Italy.

And though I am not Italian, I cooked a good Ramen dish today....

R'Amen

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#515384 Feb 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Point taken.
But be honest, At the same time, couldn't we have a similar book entitled "How Judaism Built Western Civilization?"
Years ago, there was a TV show called "Connections." For example, one episode traced a an invention or discovery from hundreds or thousands of years ago to the Atlas rocket.
It was fascinating, but in fact -- when we go back far enough, then everything and everybody is related to all else.
Consider--- you are no less than the fortieth cousin of Saddam Hussein.
That's the reality. Sure the CC is a major part of Western civilization. If it makes sense to you that God favors a minority of humanity based on geography, then the ONLY church claim might make sense. I get it. But such an arbitrary god doesn't make sense to me.
My God doesn't favor anyone based on where they happened to be born and raised.
Ramen
Gods R Delusions

"Six Degrees of Separation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_s...

Interesting to think on....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#515385 Feb 16, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lying does not change the facts, thief.
It does, however, prove your desperation.
Proof that you are a lying snake....here is what I said: I do not think....I know: I showed you the truth...from Scripture...do with it whatever

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#515386 Feb 16, 2014
here is the PERFECT example of dumb and dumber. dumb is dead, dumber prolly will be some day.

PREVIOUSLY, 9:54 AM: Jamie Coots, one of the stars of National Geographic‘s reality show Snake Salvation, died Saturday of a poisonous snake bite. According to reports he refused medical attention after being bitten in his Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name in Middlesboro, Kentucky and died shortly thereafter in his home. The show debuted last Fall centered on two Pentecostal preachers who handle deadly snakes as part of a century-old Appalachian practice originating from a Bible passage that suggests those anointed by God will not be harmed by a poisonous snake bite. Coots had previously been bitten nine times and lost a finger to a rattlesnake bite. He starred on Snake Salvation alongside Tennessee Pastor Andrew Hamblin, both of whom claim serpent handling is their First Amendment religious right. The pair have come under fire from authorities for hunting and collecting deadly snakes for their church services. Last year Coots pled guilty to illegally possessing and transporting three rattlesnakes and two copperheads in Tennessee after the state seized them in a traffic stop as he was driving them from Alabama to Kentucky.

More on Coots from Snake Salvation:
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/natgeo-snake-salvati...
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515387 Feb 16, 2014
depend how you looking upon cross

materialistic JKesus opr materialistic authorithy

its some with law where law not exist as never exist its just materialistic authority not moral or righteousness law..no mostly as accusers as adversary act toward many..Jesus Christ is exceptency ove moral and sipiritual personality within us or for us..

others accusers they still within church as authority as well within politics too much more advesary..

then

god people is as family where each family according bible belong even to be separated from mother father as well others brothers and sisters..accusers within church as well law are some nothing change they accuse Jesus too.

then that poor corrupt speakers are so visible mostly materialistically or characteristic let down many in name of corrupt organization or corrupt leadership..

Jesus Christ is deference symbol with us believers.

To be bigger then God as well waiting or tending as separation from
real law in name of corrupt organizations or many personality within
who have to be stay on line as moral truthful person.

Adversary is most hurtful things which still stay within leadership its so clear as attackers and accusers.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#515388 Feb 16, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a kid writing to Santa Claus...
You remind me of the Grinch.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515389 Feb 16, 2014
Its very sad have corrupt accusers within law or church.

Less value of complex of authority..

Jesus Christ never reject anyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web