Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685873 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#515175 Feb 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is: most divorces are not the scenario you described above. I ain't kidding, every divorce I've seen is the result of the selfishness of one or both spouses.
The alternative is to force people who are selfish to stay together in the same house and make each other and the children miserable.

Would that be your law to uphold???

People can't be forced to feel what they don't feel.

That is ridiculous.

And keep in mind that the men in your church that made those rules are NOT married.

Shysters in god-garb!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#515176 Feb 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that on a forum if you have an opinion, you will have to take the side of your own opinion, or you won't be honest to your self.
You speak with a fork tongue....try using a spoon.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#515177 Feb 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN
Peace
Of course depending on the area, I find in general, a sort of "open house" attitude in the RCC.
It is coming off the "Year of Faith", that there is a sort of "quantity" and not "quality", in such a call....(Our local priest is very alert, and I do not "blame" him for the attitude of the flock.)
Of course people can come and go as they please within the RCC, which seems to promote a relaxation of standards....I am generalizing of course. In our area, there are no new faces walking into our small "village". But it is noticed when people don't show up.
It seems to me, that the casualness of attending Mass and Confession is part of the symptom of our society.
I often think that if one simplifies their lifestyle, then there is time for more meaningful participation in religious activities....
Peace
Peace Robert

The impact on the local Church that an orthodox and holy priest (and his bishop of course) is tremendous. I've experienced it first hand. No question it started in earnest with Benedict XVI.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515178 Feb 15, 2014
pasi idu prvi
kucke zapisuju i idu za pasima
pasi mjenjaju dlaku
a cud zlocudnu nikaddddddddddddddd

byyyyy
truth going hurt you

Adversary evil attackers

zadaca nije da satanic priest say one have to died or divorce

its your priest prayerssssssssssss

evil serve evil

evil accusers acuse Jesus Christ too
church and political leaders rule and nice kind diplome

it is written

byyyy accusersssssssssssss

Location hidden

#515179 Feb 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bully to those in all other religions when you claim you own the only truth in the universe.
You refuse to see that issue as others see it.
I simply don't believe that it's possible that devotees in religion have dibs on anything other than "concepts" of truth, because you all brag that you know truth, yet none of you agree.
Mama Mia June!! I agree with you on this one......
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#515180 Feb 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Yes...I blame the Protestants for Woodstock...Thank you so much!!!!! Long live Jimmi Hendricks
I blame Woodstock on the Wiccans, and that damned promiscuous goddess!

Some group has to take the blame, or there is no fun in blaming at all.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#515181 Feb 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You speak with a fork tongue....try using a spoon.
I found out that forking is more fun.

:)

Location hidden

#515182 Feb 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
June, how do you do it?
Whether it be Catholic or Protestant, you lay their souls bare.
When you criticize a deluded one.... the deluded one will tell the world that you are NOT criticizing an imperfect human being, but rather you are "anti-God, anti-Christ, anti-Church."
Catholic or Protestant, when you "attack" them, you are "attacking god."
What does that tell us about their mindset? They are above all but their delusional god.
They are CHOSEN, and in most cases were chosen even before they were born (because they were born into a society with the 'right' god.)
It is one thing to proclaim "I believe this and that about god."
It is quit another to proclaim "I know this and that about god."
Most humans get it. Others are psychologically challenged and weak.
If they had the one true God like me, they would have the strength to say "I believe."
Ramen
Agree......
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515183 Feb 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
By her "own choice" she has rejected the existence of God, Jesus Christ and His Church!!---but she still and forever---Always remains a "child of God" in the eyes of the Catholic Christian Church and Almighty God Our Father Himself!!!!!
So you to get angry and reject everyone who doesn't agree with you? You are "persecuted too! Oh my!

You are just making up excuses for ignoring what your own god says is his most important teaching.

It must be easy being a RC catholic. You don't have to follow anything Jesus actually taught as long as you profess anger at people who don't follow his teachings either.

Haver another drink. You deserve it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#515184 Feb 15, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I love how you get caught in your lies and then have to take water.lol
I miss our pleasant conversations Preston. Still it's really a pleasure to see you back on the forum.:O)
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515185 Feb 15, 2014
pasi idju prvi i ujedaju
kucke za njima i zapisiju

znaju oni tko su
as evil paraevil accusers

seeeeeeeeeeeee
prove yourself with your evil corrupt devilish satanic false accusattionnnnnn

evil serve evill

cross upright
way upward
its written against satanic develish corrupt organization

by accuserssssssssssssssssssss

one have to died or divorce is that your evil priest pray for me

go into hell
you will satanic evil organization

Location hidden

#515186 Feb 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Why do you feel compelled to answer her - if she is so misguided and always going in circles?
The answer is simple. Deep inside, you KNOW that her points have at least some merit.
If her posts were really misguided gibberish, like the poster named "truth" for example, you would ignore her, just as you and other ignore that poster every single day.
SOMEHOW you always have an excuse to be angry and hateful towards her.
In doing so, you freely ignore what Jesus said was his most important teaching.
Delusions are easy to ignore. More proof that mine is the only true God.
Ramen
Its about the sin of Wrath...plain and simple and we all know who is constantly trying to draw us into sin....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#515187 Feb 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Yes...I blame the Protestants for Woodstock...Thank you so much!!!!! Long live Jimmi Hendricks
LOL!

Location hidden

#515188 Feb 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I haven't murdered or tortured anyone in months. I believe that is considerate.
Ramen
There's always tomorrow lol
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515189 Feb 15, 2014
god lead me that see hear and know right on spot who they say as well under which evil develish satanic command

cukenja mijenjaju dlaku
a zlocudnu cud nikadddddddddd

pro;djevoooooo
moje srce tebe moli evooooooooo

Lord is on every word correct.
it is written

cross upright
way upward
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#515190 Feb 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church in our country has it more difficult than any area on the planet, imo. Catholics here have Protestant philosophy infiltrating Church teaching. Far too many young Catholic couples, seeking marriage, have the wrong idea from the get go, due to the protestant culture we Catholics grew up in. Sex is centered on the relationship. Personal achievements; worldly happiness is the focal point of marriage now. I truly believe that's what it's come down too. I've seen far too many marriages fall apart with people I know. I swear its all because of a warped idea of life and marriage. And I do blame protestant teachings, not Catholic teaching. They led the way on the sexual revolution 30 yrs after they made contraception 'Biblically ok'. Ironic the divorce rate is approaching 60% now, including many American Catholic couples.
A very astute observation. My worry is that the institution of marriage itself becomes old fashioned and obsolete. I've seen statistics showing 70% of black children are born out of wedlock. It's only going to go down hill from there. I know it's a cliche', but I really fear for my children and grandchildren.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515191 Feb 15, 2014
odmah telefoni rade sva vrata zatvorena
pasi laju a karavane prolazeeeeeeeeeee

to ste nesto smijesni provjestani vjestciiiiiiiiii

right on spot you can find who they are..

Location hidden

#515192 Feb 15, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> No, we don't we promote christ's texhings. You must think the corporal works of mercy and spiritual works of mercy are liberal, says a lot about you.
Christ promotes swearing priest?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#515193 Feb 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is: most divorces are not the scenario you described above. I ain't kidding, every divorce I've seen is the result of the selfishness of one or both spouses. For whatever reason, nobody is happy so they split up the family to pursue worldly happiness. I know there are cases of violence and extreme verbal abuse etc.. I personally don't know that many. The vast majority, it seems, had no good reason for the divorce.
Your new marriage seems to work. I'm guessing its because you make him omlets every morning... wash his clothes and then make a wonderful dinner for him at night- all the while spreading your religion of atheism on topix. Amazing!.
He he he.
You write like a heretic.

"The vast majority, it seems, had no good reason for the divorce."

Of course! Except for the ones who had their marriages annulled after a careful study by the church, right?

Otherwise, you are calling into question the "carefully studied" decisions of the church 60,000 times a year in the USA alone.

Put your brain in gear.

Ramen

Location hidden

#515194 Feb 15, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>CNN does not have a spirit....
you mean it doesn't have a catholic spirit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web