Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695362 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Henry

Germany

#515157 Feb 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus founded the Church. St. Paul said the Church is the pillar and ground of the Truth. The question is why all protestant denominations who disagree with each other say that the bible is the ground and pillar of Truth and come to different conclusions about what that is.
The bible came from the Church, it's the bible AND the Church, Scripture AND Tradition. There can be no other way.
Never existed any god at all. All religions are criminal. The RCC is the most criminal Christian Organisation.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#515158 Feb 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you have grown enough to now write that about June (a "child of God").
Great! Now consider this.
Only a few posts prior to this one, you had called June "anti-god, anti-Christ, anti-church."
Now with your spiritual growth, you call her a "child of God."
See how my God moves you!!!!
Ramen Brother
PS - It is OK to call me names. No problem here. Just ask yourself why you are compelled to ignore your own god's self-described "most important teaching?"
By her "own choice" she has rejected the existence of God, Jesus Christ and His Church!!---but she still and forever---Always remains a "child of God" in the eyes of the Catholic Christian Church and Almighty God Our Father Himself!!!!!
Henry

Germany

#515159 Feb 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Catholics thought nothing of firing the god of the Jews and hiring a new image in his place
Protestants thought nothing of firing the god of the Catholics and hiring a new image in his place.
I suggest that they all should have been fair and created new gods to serve their selves ... and a whole lot of bloodshed could have been avoided.
There was not a single god which was not a myth. Go to science as your Chance of life.
Henry

Germany

#515160 Feb 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians taught that the best part of us is out there somewhere in another dimension.
I suggest we try to make the best of the life we have by trying to perceive each other as whole beings, just as we are.
I made a committment to my self that I would never perceive another human as evil, but rather I would try to understand what made that human react in such violent ways to others.
That is my committment to my own conscience.
Theologians are no longer allowed in my mental, emotional space.
All religions are huge liars nothing more.
Henry

Germany

#515161 Feb 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Theologians taught that the best part of us is out there somewhere in another dimension.
I suggest we try to make the best of the life we have by trying to perceive each other as whole beings, just as we are.
I made a committment to my self that I would never perceive another human as evil, but rather I would try to understand what made that human react in such violent ways to others.
That is my committment to my own conscience.
Theologians are no longer allowed in my mental, emotional space.
The RCC are the most criminal religious organisations.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515162 Feb 15, 2014
it is written
don't put even yourself or your brothers or anyone before God
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515163 Feb 15, 2014
-don't wish what is not belong to you no any things
not even peace of hair

it is written
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#515164 Feb 15, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
There was never any god at all. All religions are fakes or even crimes.
Well, I suggest that if one god is perceived as fake, all gods should be perceived as fake.

THAT is fair.

And as for "crime" ... it's proof positive that killing innocent humans as heretics and infidels and witches as being supported by gods, ought to be perceived as MAJOR crimes against not only humanity, but against any semblance of common sense.
Liam

Warwick, RI

#515165 Feb 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Which do you consider is a better way ... divorce, or murder???
Betty Broderick insisted on keeping her marriage together. Her husband didn't want the marriage to continue. Betty wanted her own way, and she took a gun and went over to her ex-husband's home where he lay in bed sleeping beside his new wife, and Betty shot the both of them. She will spend the rest of her life incarcerated.
The problem with marriage is that many people believe they then have complete "ownership" over the other person.
Humans are individual beings, and should not be forced to stay where they are unhappy because the hierarchy in your church taught and teaches the nonsense that a god finds divorce offensive.
I suggest that marriage can also be very offensive to people who don't want to stay as caged slaves to religion.
Having been divorced from my first husband, I relate that fact that we both agreed that the parting of the ways was a positive step for both of us.
I am now spending my 43rd year with my present husband. We are more suited to each other than I was to first husband.
I don't regret my divorce one bit, and your preaching will not make me feel guilt ... period!
I won't give away my power to think on my own ... not for you or any other religious preacher.
The truth is: most divorces are not the scenario you described above. I ain't kidding, every divorce I've seen is the result of the selfishness of one or both spouses. For whatever reason, nobody is happy so they split up the family to pursue worldly happiness. I know there are cases of violence and extreme verbal abuse etc.. I personally don't know that many. The vast majority, it seems, had no good reason for the divorce.
Your new marriage seems to work. I'm guessing its because you make him omlets every morning... wash his clothes and then make a wonderful dinner for him at night- all the while spreading your religion of atheism on topix. Amazing!.
He he he.
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515166 Feb 15, 2014
psalm 139
your mind and hand is instrument
what is as it is as in within to finish as your Creator left long time ago

ones when you find real who is real
proverb
cross stay upright
way upward
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515167 Feb 15, 2014
adversary set up wicket evil world are in vain Liam
did you understood evil serve evilllllllllllllllll
serve your evil and go where you want go

byyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#515168 Feb 15, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...my generation..women's,lib..no fault divorce ...has,a,lot to answer for ..let's,add to THST the liberal ideas, that we the people will help women and children but NOT if they have a husband ......baby mamas,abound ...all in the name of charity .
And all this is the fault of the Protestants,...phhooooeeeeyy..
It's,secular..plain and simple ...the Government becoming a God in folks lives ....
Most fundamental evangelical Christians, are opposed.
The RCC promotes liberal thinking ..
We have created a a,nation of non nuclear families .....in the name of women's,lib or charity ...or a social safety net ........good intentions I 's..gone terribly awry
Yes...I blame the Protestants for Woodstock...Thank you so much!!!!! Long live Jimmi Hendricks
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515170 Feb 15, 2014
it is written

proverb
25;24

cross right up
way upward

pro;djevooooooooooooo
moje srce pishe tebi evo

I Lord stay on every words correct!

Location hidden

#515171 Feb 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is: most divorces are not the scenario you described above. I ain't kidding, every divorce I've seen is the result of the selfishness of one or both spouses. For whatever reason, nobody is happy so they split up the family to pursue worldly happiness. I know there are cases of violence and extreme verbal abuse etc.. I personally don't know that many. The vast majority, it seems, had no good reason for the divorce.
Your new marriage seems to work. I'm guessing its because you make him omlets every morning... wash his clothes and then make a wonderful dinner for him at night- all the while spreading your religion of atheism on topix. Amazing!.
He he he.
You should be a divorce counselor and force those couples to stay married to each other while they grow deeper in hate and resentment towards each other and seek a relationship out of the marriage....that would be better huh? If the marriage can not be saved it is far better for the couples spiritual being to separate.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#515172 Feb 15, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC are the most criminal religious organisations.
I perceive that for teaching that they knew the only truth through inspiration of gods, they were all criminals.

Such lies might not be considered as crimes, but I suggest they ought to be considered as crimes because nothing but bloodshed ever came from such behavior.

Location hidden

#515173 Feb 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me that you and other ant-Catholics (atheists, agnostics, Protestants, etc. have all become "experts" at calling the Catholic kettle black!!!-------You talk about "lashing out at others"-------and yet----you atheists , agnostics and many bible only Protestants are leading the
"trumpet section" when it comes to "lashing out" at others who don't agree with you!!!
Nick was a trumpet player back in the days and a Darm good one at that.....
truth

Willetton, Australia

#515174 Feb 15, 2014
wicket adversary

its written leaders rule and political religion lawyers judges vipers wolfs and others evil corrupt world
they betray Goddddddd
it is written
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#515175 Feb 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is: most divorces are not the scenario you described above. I ain't kidding, every divorce I've seen is the result of the selfishness of one or both spouses.
The alternative is to force people who are selfish to stay together in the same house and make each other and the children miserable.

Would that be your law to uphold???

People can't be forced to feel what they don't feel.

That is ridiculous.

And keep in mind that the men in your church that made those rules are NOT married.

Shysters in god-garb!

Location hidden

#515176 Feb 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that on a forum if you have an opinion, you will have to take the side of your own opinion, or you won't be honest to your self.
You speak with a fork tongue....try using a spoon.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#515177 Feb 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN
Peace
Of course depending on the area, I find in general, a sort of "open house" attitude in the RCC.
It is coming off the "Year of Faith", that there is a sort of "quantity" and not "quality", in such a call....(Our local priest is very alert, and I do not "blame" him for the attitude of the flock.)
Of course people can come and go as they please within the RCC, which seems to promote a relaxation of standards....I am generalizing of course. In our area, there are no new faces walking into our small "village". But it is noticed when people don't show up.
It seems to me, that the casualness of attending Mass and Confession is part of the symptom of our society.
I often think that if one simplifies their lifestyle, then there is time for more meaningful participation in religious activities....
Peace
Peace Robert

The impact on the local Church that an orthodox and holy priest (and his bishop of course) is tremendous. I've experienced it first hand. No question it started in earnest with Benedict XVI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 15 Eyes on Christ 10,730
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan 21 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan 19 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web