Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687275 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#514909 Feb 14, 2014
Even as a child listening to the Protestant preachers, my gut told me that what they preached didn't make any sense.

I wouldn't accept that only Protestants would be allowed in heaven, which was what they wanted to impress into my psyche was absolute truth.

I'm thankful that I paid heed to my concience and not to their words, as I suggest they were simply mouthy fools in god-garbs.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514910 Feb 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony 17
Peace
That is quite interesting, and something I have not heard before, or thought about. I will have to meditate on this, as I think it is very interesting. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.
Perhaps, it is a favor returned, in the sharing of Jesus Christ....
Peace
OH OH! Are you going to change your "spots" again???

:)
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514911 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean that all the centuries of slaughter of innocent people as heretics was your church fathers not following their own doctrines???
TINK about it ... you "willing" fool.
Spreading heresy wasn't considered "innocent", in fact much of time it was kill or be killed. The Saracens would have engulfed the Western world had it not been stopped. Consider the possibility that you would be on your knees facing the east 5 times a day had they not fought back. Of course you, June VanGollum, would never succumb to such coercion now would you?:O)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514912 Feb 14, 2014
SHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh

Robert is meditating, and great wisdom is sure to follow, as Jesus gives Robert Catholicized "food for thought."

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514913 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Original Catholicism is not a denomination of Christianity. The splits that broke away from the original Catholic organization ... ARE denominations
You are correct. Thank you.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514914 Feb 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE
Do Catholics miss the Holy Roman Empire?
Being the ONLY church, with 100% perfect teachings on morals, how is this Holy Empire remembered today?
Can we find the CC's ONLY claim manifested in some real world terms?
Did the Holy Roman Empire excel in any memorable and lasting way?
Was mankind especially elevated or enlightened when the CC had so much influence and power?
Of course not.
In fact, it got worse. Born-Agains were born.
Ramen
Picture yourself in Iran or Afghanistan today or even North Korea. You can thank the Holy Roman Empire for your rather free and easy life today....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514915 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace Robert. I agree with you. There is a real problem here in this country. Bishops are too chummy with the power brokers. It's a source of concern. I do know that the Holy See is also aware of it and has started the process of addressing it. Unfortunately it's a very slow process and since the current pope desires a more pastoral approach I'm afraid it'll be awhile before it's hashed out. Peace to you.
Anthony MN

Peace

The RCC and its benefactors will not be going away, very soon....(I agree.)

Obviously there will be infiltrations into the decision making processes of the RCC from the outside(by that I mean outside of God). So it is better to avoid the possibility of scandal, than to let it perpetuate.

It seems more that people are accepting of the situation, thus no change is "demanded".
I sort of have this abhorrence of avoiding responsibility, and putting it on the clergy to "fix". It is kind f like saying ,"Its their problem, let them fix it."

It might be a topic of conversation at times, but there is a sort of , "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine.", which makes them "chummy".

In this area, there are to many secular parades, carnivals, and meetings to which the priests/clergy are "obliged" to attend. As we are a dominantly Catholic area. This gives a sort of image that it is very chummy....

I feel bad for the priests who prefer not to attend such functions, as I know they prefer a quieter sort of life....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514916 Feb 14, 2014
The Catholic church fathers created Jesus, and Martin Luther reformed the thoughts of Jesus.

Those preachers of abstract truth were all miracle-men ... in their own minds.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514917 Feb 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Spreading heresy wasn't considered "innocent", in fact much of time it was kill or be killed.
The heresy was that they preached their religions were based on truth.

And by the way, before the church-fathers slandered the word heresy ... that word simply meant "able to choose."

With Catholics ruling, there was no choice. It was "become Catholic ... or die!"
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514918 Feb 14, 2014
Imagine, if you will, Martin Luther, using the bible that he was fully aware was compiled by Catholics to create a religion totally foreign to Catholicism and claiming that it was truth from Jesus.

The nerve of all those men is what is astounding.

And the Catholics committed the same theft from the Jews by stealing Elohim, clipping his title and carrying on as though Elohim was created FOR them and not for the Jews.

They fell short of common sense, but they had more guts than Gainer's.

Location hidden

#514919 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And smirk to your self that they are pathetic for not being in your Catholic religion???
I wouldn't trust you to be honest with anybody ... because you are not even honest with you.
You left your Protestant religion because you thought Catholicism would put you up above the Protestants.
If that was not true, you would still BE a Protestant.
June

Peace

I have found the journey most difficult at times, but the reward for hiking is the journey itself....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514920 Feb 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC and its benefactors will not be going away, very soon....(I agree.)
Obviously there will be infiltrations into the decision making processes of the RCC from the outside(by that I mean outside of God).
What decision do you believe Elohim will make ... OH self-perceived wise-one???

Location hidden

#514921 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You pride your self on not preaching, as you use the handy word "sharing."
How funny!
Whether you refer to your habit as preaching or sharing ... you still want to make it plain (as do all others who claim to also know truth) that Jesus and god (Elohim) are aligned to your thoughts on all issues.
June

Sharing is funny....Hmmm

I always thought it as satisfying....

Of course I must have things backwards. But I try to align myself with God, not vice versa. If I were to be prideful, then you have it right. If not, then you are mistaken. I will let God decide.

Peace
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514922 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Reformation???"
Do you mean that your Catholic church needed reforming???
The more you preach in defense of your Catholic history, the sillier you become.
Why do you think pope John Paul II apologized for so many crimes committed by the church fathers?
WHY???
The 16th century Reformation is a Protestant (protest),.because of their bible only Martin Luther .proclaimation!!!.... An apology by John Paul I has nothing to do with reforming "anything--especially with regard to over 2000 years of TRUTH. of DOCTRINAL catholic Church teaching... It was the inappropriate sinful "CONDUCT and ACTIONS by both Catholics and Protestants who killed, murdered and butchered each other, during that time, was the Catholic Churches "expression of regret" for their part of the killings!!!

Location hidden

#514923 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the government that protects you from being put to death in the name of religion ... you idiot.
If you ran the government I suggest we would all have to be Catholic, not Protestant ... as you left Protestantism to be a social climber up the ladder into Catholicism ... in your own mental illusion ... of course.
And by the way, in Iran if you made such a statement about the government, by nightfall I suggest your head would be separated from your body.
You don't appreciate the freedoms you DO have, so why don't you move to a country that suits you???
YUCK!
June

Woe is me....And I always thought it was religious freedom which kept the government from total exploitation of the masses, since government has no conscience.

I would not want to live in Iran. It is a made up country, as well as most of the Middle East by Western powers after the War....Actually, if Hawaii became independent, I wouldn't mind living there.(smiles)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514924 Feb 14, 2014
Catholics and Protestants simply will NOT use the title Elohim, or even Jehovah ... with the exception of course of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is not by chance

Your consciences KNOW that within common sense theology, you are tricking your selves.

You can't steal the god that belonged to another religion, and be at peace within.

I suggest it's not possible to balance that scale.

The main part of you, which is your conscience KNOWS that did dirt to the faithful Jews.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#514925 Feb 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Sharing is funny....Hmmm
I always thought it as satisfying....
Of course I must have things backwards. But I try to align myself with God, not vice versa. If I were to be prideful, then you have it right. If not, then you are mistaken. I will let God decide.
You call it sharing. I call it you preaching your Catholic religion.

When will you be sliding back down the ladder of your brain-cells into Protestantism, as once was your "calling?"
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514926 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
SHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh
Robert is meditating, and great wisdom is sure to follow, as Jesus gives Robert Catholicized "food for thought."
I am sure that he is praying for your misguided, and mis-directed heart, mind, and soul---as we as Catholics "all" are!!!!
YTube

Marietta, GA

#514927 Feb 14, 2014

1st BLOOD Moon (April 2014)--- ANTICHRIST (May)

http://youtu.be/AJYz_gScisA

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#514928 Feb 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The heresy was that they preached their religions were based on truth.
And by the way, before the church-fathers slandered the word heresy ... that word simply meant "able to choose."
With Catholics ruling, there was no choice. It was "become Catholic ... or die!"
The early heresies combated were adulterations of the Christian faith they initially received courtesy of the Catholic Church. Had they left Christianity altogether and went back to their Jewish or pagan origins, it would not have technically been considered heresy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web