Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603185 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#514623 Feb 13, 2014
bbc jesi vidila sto je rekla

a vjestice
a gdje si bila
vidila sam te
a kada =night mare
truth

Perth, Australia

#514624 Feb 13, 2014
sura insura
yep mcentile killersssssssssss

incarnatorii

ira

Who kill Jesus Christ?
askad your ministers judges lawuyears and others tweested people

many many many=demons

many many victims

more and more and more

paralel systems evil upon evilsssssssssssssss

in name of liars killers and so on
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#514625 Feb 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
The moment protestants founded their own communities in the reformation they killed Jews and Catholics and other Christians and took property (Catholic Churches) just as brutally if not more so than the Church did, so don't use that argument. They also, until a few years ago, taught the same about artificial contraception and divorce/remarriage.
But not any more. Even the mainstream protestant communities are saying abortion is ok. They all say it's their prerogative to privately interpret scripture so they can be their own authority. As long as their consciences are clear right Rose?
----------
Wrong. SOME protestant churches (the 'liberal' left kind) say sin is O.K. MOST Protestant churches DO NOT hold such opinions.
KayMarie
They can hold any opinion they want (artificial birth control, abortion, divorce/remarriage) because their rule, like yours, is private judgement of scripture alone. If they say it's scriptural, who are you or any other scripture alone person to tell them it's sin?

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#514626 Feb 13, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute...but no, no one can change God's commandments. Not even Princess Caroline who could have afforded to pay for all the annulments in the world, but it didn't make one whit of difference because that isn't the point. People who can't afford the processing fees and have them waived are granted annulments if their marriages are found to be non-sacramental, and by the same token people who are wealthy beyond belief can't get one if their marriages are found to indeed be sacramental.
No sarcasm, intentionally.
The fact is, at one time your hierarchy professed that it was "god's" will that "no man should put assunder what had been joined together, and now they hand out annulments at every turn of their biblical pages.

And they know darned well that Catholics don't need the church to grant them divorces or annulments, as Catholics can get legal divorces just as can others.

Their strict rules no longer fly with modern Catholics and as the hierarchy can no longer put innocent people to death as heretics, their hands are literally tied.

As more and more of their ancient frauds are exposed as being rules made by men rather than by a god, the churches will be empty of suckers ... and I suggest that it's high time.

Terrace, Canada

#514627 Feb 13, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's what we've been saying all along.
It might have occurred, but I never read a post where you mentioned "divorced" Catholics.

At any rate, the hierarchy sees the writing on the wall that they can no longer hold Catholics through as much fear of punishment from a supposed "god" as used to be the case.

Divorce was an unheard of word among Catholics when I was young.

Terrace, Canada

#514628 Feb 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
how,God feels,guess,we,will all find,out .
Or NOT!

Do you believe that a god exist to love only Muslims and not YOU???

Terrace, Canada

#514629 Feb 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges. A repentant divorcee who is not remarried is not living in adulterous relationship nor is it an answer to the question put forth, which is who in Protestanism determines who a true evangelical Christian is since some Evangelical Christians see nothing wrong with divorce or remarriage and therefore would not be true Evangelical Christians according to one poster.
You always crave to make your Catholic hierarchy appear as servants of a god.

They change their rules to suit the followers, simply because they can no longer burn offenders at the stake and keep the followers in total fear as once was the case.

I hope that all religion will one day die from lack of followers ... and that includes your religion.

Terrace, Canada

#514630 Feb 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Kennedy's ex-wife did not oppose the annulment. I think you are mixing in another Kennedy, who remarried in a civil court prior to receiving a decision from the local church. The local church approved his annulment and it and it was overturned by the Vatican on appeal by his wife who was presybtyrian. Neither of two were remarried in the church.
Catholics are now thankful for civil courts and the freedom to make their own decisions.

Women of the Catholic faith are also thankful that abortion is legal and they can go to clinics rather than back-alley butchers. They also use other forms of birth control ... and there is not a darn thing your hierarchy can do but PREACH about how human behavior is evil and offends "god."

FOOLS! Their sermons are falling on deaf ears ... at last.

Terrace, Canada

#514631 Feb 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
“When I think of the Vatican's record in Africa, I think of its failure to acknowledge what really happened in Rwanda, where priests and nuns not only led death squads to Tutsi refugees cowering in their churches, but provided the petrol to burn them alive, took part in the shootings and raped survivors. Rwanda was Africa's most devout Catholic nation, and the role the church played in condoning and fostering the Hutu extremism that climaxed in genocide is as shameful as its collaboration with the Nazis.*"
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/gh4_c...
Those in religion are simply mortal humans with a need to use their religions to control others.

Burning innocent humans at the stake and claiming that god ordained the killing was and is just one example of how they worked and still work their MAGIC on others.

Terrace, Canada

#514632 Feb 13, 2014
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry guy/gal I cannot understand what you are trying to say.
I've tried reading all of your latest posts and cannot understand any of them.
The poster with the avatar "truth" has been posting long posts of the same sort for years.

It seems to be a sort of self-therapy.

Maybe we are all in need of self-therapy ... right?

Terrace, Canada

#514633 Feb 13, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was not Catholic.
Jesus founded the Church Universal, which is called Catholic because that word means universal.
Simple enough for any person with a modicum of intelligence.
So, according to you, because he was not Catholic, his mindset was not that of a Catholic ... right???

Yet according to your Catholic church theologians, John baptized Jesus in the river Jordan.

What religion do you believe he was baptised into by the Catholic saint John the baptist???

The problem with lying, is that the liars get caught up in the lies.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514634 Feb 13, 2014
angele cuvaru
sto si molio /molila
its come trough mind and as open window trough house you try show to me what?

love your god with mind and heart

Terrace, Canada

#514635 Feb 13, 2014
It's plain on this forum and elsewhere that Catholics and Protestants want each others religions to go down the drain and have their own religion rule supreme on planet earth.

That is a greed-fest and nothing BUT a greed-fest.

When I was under the spell of religion, I would have no part in any idea that would make me believe others were evil offender of a god or gods and I was on a righteous path.

Probably it was that attitude that made me want to question what I had been taught and to study how the teachings felt to my conscience.

Now I am free of all religion, and am at peace within.

No more will I allow those theological philosophers to lead me anywhere whatsoever. I will do my own thinking ... period.

And if a creator just happens to exist, I think it would be proud of my ability to not follow any right-fighting theologians that tries to teach me I can only be special to the creator if I join their specific cults.

What do you think about that issue?
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514636 Feb 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that all religion will one day die from lack of followers ... and that includes your religion.
Hostile "anti-catholic dreaming, has become the entire basis of your "shallow atheistic life June!
We as Catholics,(need not be concerned) with "antagonistic fictitious opinions" such as yours, because for over 2000 years heretics, hypocrites, agnostics and atheists such as you have "Come and Gone"--------YET--------t he One True (historically and biblically proven) Apostolic Catholic Church formed and initiated by Jesus Christ Himself----LIVES ON---and will (continue to live on ) despite atheistic Catholic bashers like you---and others!!!!!!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#514637 Feb 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's,true
Annulment????
I'm not saying all are WRONG..just that they can be bought ...what is,that.
Again You are,in the,position of never being divorced.
You are,blessed.
You think someone who finds,Christ ..is,remarried should kick the,wife. Get another divorce,..hurt more,people,...,out in order to be,saved..
Or go to the RCC to make,all ok..declare the first marriage annulled ..non existent in God's,eyes??
Poor Mrs,Kennedy ..but John Doe goes,to Hades,for staying with wife,...And,not declaring his,first marriage annulled ...
I disagree,..how,God feels,guess,we,will all find,out .
I believe when we come to Jesus,the,past is,as far as the east from the west ..
We,May hAve,to pay an earthly price for Sin....but we,do not have a,license,to hurt others,in our quest for salvation..but the final arbiter is,not some bishop who can be bought by power..it's,GOD
My sister didn't bribe the bishop to get an annulment, which by the way means the sacrament is taken away, and no means saying the legal marriage never took place, only the sacrement was not valid.. Someone did not uphold the sacrement in the marriage. My sister paid under one hundred . Pretty cheap. In fact if one can't afford , sometimes you wouldn't have to pay. Rose you are a liar when you say you mean no harm . You pull out the most hatefilled ideas. Something must have happened in your life, someonemust have said something to you to make you quit the Church, because if you truly understood the Church, you would have stayed Catholic.

Terrace, Canada

#514638 Feb 13, 2014
AHHHH that near-death experience is an interesting subject.

As religion rules the mentality of most people on earth ... I suggest that when they have these experiences, they immediately attach religion "to" the experiences.

Example

"I was in a place where I knew all the answers."

"What did you learn?"

"I learned that God loves us and wants us to be kind to each other."

"But isn't that what you were taught in your religion on earth?"

"Yes, but I was actually in heaven "with" God."

"Can you tell us anything about science."

"No ... I just saw the light and I saw Jesus and I knew that I would be with God and Jesus when I die."

"But then how can you say you knew all the answers when you were there, if all you talk about is religion?"

"It seems that other information was withheld from me ... for a divine reason."

"UH HUH."

Terrace, Canada

#514639 Feb 13, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>My sister didn't bribe the bishop to get an annulment, which by the way means the sacrament is taken away, and no means saying the legal marriage never took place, only the sacrement was not valid.. Someone did not uphold the sacrement in the marriage. My sister paid under one hundred . Pretty cheap. In fact if one can't afford , sometimes you wouldn't have to pay. Rose you are a liar when you say you mean no harm . You pull out the most hatefilled ideas. Something must have happened in your life, someonemust have said something to you to make you quit the Church, because if you truly understood the Church, you would have stayed Catholic.
That story might be of interest to you ... but from my perception, the bishop would have no power over my decisions, as I would not believe he had an IN with any god, much less the god that was created in the minds of monotheistic Jews.

Terrace, Canada

#514640 Feb 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hostile "anti-catholic dreaming,
You forgot to add you your tail that I dis ALL religions ... while you dis all other religions but Catholicism.

In that context, you are lopped-sided, and I am fair.

Terrace, Canada

#514641 Feb 13, 2014
Near-death experience

"I used to be an Atheist, but after I had my near-death experience, I have now joined a church."

"Which church did you join?"

"It's a Protesant church."

"Do you believe they teach truth?"

"Yes, of course. If I didn't, I wouldn't be there."

"So, do you believe as those in your church believes, that most of the world's population will go to hell for not believing in Jesus?"

"I try not to think of those things, as it upsets me."

"UH HUH."

Terrace, Canada

#514642 Feb 13, 2014
Near-death experience

"I died and visited hell, and it was a horrifying exerience. I saw flames and souls moaning. Some were lost and wandering in darkness not seeming to know where they belonged."

"Did you believe in the existence of hell before you had your experience?"

"Yes I did, but now I 'know' that hell is real."

"If souls are invisible, how could they burn?"

"I don't know, but I saw it as clear as could be."

"Could it have all occurred in your imagination?

"NO! Absolutely NOT. It was REAL."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Do you know 9,673
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 14 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,395
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web