Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,965
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#514564 Feb 12, 2014
tv and mirror is not life as have to be as life..
no

if you try hold or destroy rights of one person or one family

its not life less any righteousness

noooooooooo in vain everything on that way

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514565 Feb 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Thanks for proving my words 110% true!!!!!
WOW ... Even your "god" doesn't get 110% on his tests, and he's supposed to be perfect ... especially when he judges who is suited only for hell.

:)
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#514566 Feb 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
The moment protestants founded their own communities in the reformation they killed Jews and Catholics and other Christians and took property (Catholic Churches) just as brutally if not more so than the Church did, so don't use that argument. They also, until a few years ago, taught the same about artificial contraception and divorce/remarriage.
But not any more. Even the mainstream protestant communities are saying abortion is ok. They all say it's their prerogative to privately interpret scripture so they can be their own authority. As long as their consciences are clear right Rose?
----------
Wrong. SOME protestant churches (the 'liberal' left kind) say sin is O.K. MOST Protestant churches DO NOT hold such opinions.
KayMarie
...what probably wouldn’t come to mind is the high incidence of divorce. Given the clear biblical teaching on the subject and its impact on families and children, that is, to put it mildly, more than a little odd.

Actually, as one Christian leader rightly puts it, our lack of attention to the subject is a “scandal.”

That leader is Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville. I recently came across a three-year-old podcast—better late than never, especially in this case—in which he labeled our indifference to divorce “the scandal of the Evangelical conscience.”...

The podcast began with an interview of Mark A. Smith, a political scientist at the University of Washington. Smith had recently written a paper entitled “Religion, Divorce, and the Missing Culture War in America.”

So Mohler asked Smith, why the silence on divorce?

Smith’s answer is that “the inclusion of divorce on the agenda of the Christian right would have risked a massive alienation of members,” so the issue went virtually unmentioned.

Or, as Mohler put it,“evangelicals allowed culture to trump Scripture.” According to him,“the church largely followed the lead of its members and accepted what might be called the ‘privatization’ of divorce. Churches simply allowed a secular culture to determine that divorce is no big deal, and that it is a purely private matter.”

This happened despite the clear scriptural teaching that marriage is the union of one man and one woman for life.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/the-scandal-...
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#514568 Feb 12, 2014
cont

New International VersionThe Lord says:“These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.”(Isaiah 29:13)
Israel's problem was what we would call “mechanical religion”, meaningless, external conformity to a performance of religious things. This is a grave danger. When you feel yourself becoming spiritually dull, it is a warning sign that says,“Watch out! You are headed for trouble.” This happens to all of us on occasion. It is healthy to ask yourself at times,“Have I lost my zest for God? Do I sing the hymns mechanically? Do the truths of Scripture appear to me dull and common place? Have I lost the sense of joy in my Christian experience?” That is a danger sign. That is what this “woe” is referring to. God's provision for this is found in the latter part of verse 5 and in verse 6:
Suddenly, in an instant, the Lord Almighty will come with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with windstorm and tempest and flames of a devouring fire.(Isaiah 29:5b-6)
Suddenly God will send into your life some experience—a disaster, perhaps—something that will get your immediate and undivided attention. That is God's action to wake you up to the danger of drifting away from the vitality of a spiritual walk.
I have always appreciated the story of the two students at Duke University who went to a costume party dressed as blue devils, the mascots of Duke. They started out to the party, but by mistake they stumbled into a prayer meeting, setting off a great exodus through the doors and windows. One lady became wedged in a pew and began to scream in terror. Forgetting that they were causing her agony, the two young men rushed forward to help her. As she saw them advancing she raised her hand and said,“Stop! Don't you come any further. I want you to know that I have been a member of this church for 25 years—but I've been on your side all the time!” That is what we call a moment of truth. It is a very valuable experience.
At times God will send something that wakes you up suddenly to the drift in your life. This is why he has spoken so helpfully through the prophets and the apostles, warning us of the danger of spiritual drift and the danger of living mechanically as a Christian.
Thank you, Lord, for your relentless pursuit of me when I fall into mechanical religion. Open my heart to the great riches that are waiting for me through living in vital fellowship with my living, loving Lord.
Life Application: God's love for us does not tolerate pretense and external worship. Do we gratefully acknowledge His wake-up calls as His loving pursuit?
We hope you were blessed by this daily devotional.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514569 Feb 12, 2014
If the men of the Catholic church had had their way, they would have deprived Carlo Ponti and Sophia Loren of a lifetime of happiness together.

But fortunately it seems that "god" didn't give the hierarchy that desired POWER.

Odd, wasn't it ... that the men of the cloth were denied their RIGHTS???

Their prayers didn't seem to work that time.

Tongue in cheek
truth

Perth, Australia

#514570 Feb 12, 2014
magi;mate;mist;in;an=hat

see why Thief coming
deceived posses and total take from others
Matthew 9;11
who can and who can't

its not mean what is right

I told you previous how Satan used passage its Matthew and many others passage in bible.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514572 Feb 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That leader is Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville. I recently came across a three-year-old podcast—better late than never, especially in this case—in which he labeled our indifference to divorce “the scandal of the Evangelical conscience.”...
Separated & Divorced Catholics

What You Should Know About Divorced Persons in the Church

Many Catholics, including separated and divorced Catholics themselves, are confused or misinformed about the status of divorced persons in the Catholic Church. As a result of this confusion or misinformation, many divorced Catholics fail to participate as fully as they can in the spiritual and sacramental life of the Church, and many Catholic communities fail to welcome and embrace divorced Catholics as fully as they should.

If you are a separated or divorced Catholic, the first thing you should know is that divorced Catholics are not excommunicated from the Church.
•A Catholic who is divorced and not remarried is a Catholic in good standing, and is entitled to participate fully in the spiritual and sacramental life of the Catholic faith community.
•A Catholic who is divorced and remarried without a Declaration of Invalidity (an annulment) is still a member of the Church and is entitled to participate in a limited way in the spiritual and sacramental life of the Church.

http://www.holyangelssandusky.org/ministry-Se...
truth

Perth, Australia

#514573 Feb 12, 2014
-Its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization
to ruin every person or any family

-find how accident come and who try ruin your personal life or your family.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#514574 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you're correct. They might simply hand out annulments as a gesture of "god's" good will.
It must have been "god" that changed his mind about those who are married staying together ... RIGHT ... as annulments seem to be a dime a dozen now.
Sarcasm intended
Cute...but no, no one can change God's commandments. Not even Princess Caroline who could have afforded to pay for all the annulments in the world, but it didn't make one whit of difference because that isn't the point. People who can't afford the processing fees and have them waived are granted annulments if their marriages are found to be non-sacramental, and by the same token people who are wealthy beyond belief can't get one if their marriages are found to indeed be sacramental.

No sarcasm, intentionally.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514575 Feb 12, 2014
i explain how thief's rendering trough secret service ..
is right take from wife and kids then drove bread and belonging to dogs..
Why yes and why not?

-thief's coming as deceivers and possessors
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#514576 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Catholics, including separated and divorced Catholics themselves, are confused or misinformed about the status of divorced persons in the Catholic Church. As a result of this confusion or misinformation, many divorced Catholics fail to participate as fully as they can in the spiritual and sacramental life of the Church, and many Catholic communities fail to welcome and embrace divorced Catholics as fully as they should.
If you are a separated or divorced Catholic, the first thing you should know is that divorced Catholics are not excommunicated from the Church.
•A Catholic who is divorced and not remarried is a Catholic in good standing, and is entitled to participate fully in the spiritual and sacramental life of the Catholic faith community.
•A Catholic who is divorced and remarried without a Declaration of Invalidity (an annulment) is still a member of the Church and is entitled to participate in a limited way in the spiritual and sacramental life of the Church.
Yes, that's what we've been saying all along.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#514577 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't change God's commandments
That's,true

Annulment????

I'm not saying all are WRONG..just that they can be bought ...what is,that.

Again You are,in the,position of never being divorced.
You are,blessed.

You think someone who finds,Christ ..is,remarried should kick the,wife. Get another divorce,..hurt more,people,...,out in order to be,saved..
Or go to the RCC to make,all ok..declare the first marriage annulled ..non existent in God's,eyes??

Poor Mrs,Kennedy ..but John Doe goes,to Hades,for staying with wife,...And,not declaring his,first marriage annulled ...

I disagree,..how,God feels,guess,we,will all find,out .

I believe when we come to Jesus,the,past is,as far as the east from the west ..

We,May hAve,to pay an earthly price for Sin....but we,do not have a,license,to hurt others,in our quest for salvation..but the final arbiter is,not some bishop who can be bought by power..it's,GOD

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#514578 Feb 12, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute...but no, no one can change God's commandments. Not even Princess Caroline who could have afforded to pay for all the annulments in the world, but it didn't make one whit of difference because that isn't the point. People who can't afford the processing fees and have them waived are granted annulments if their marriages are found to be non-sacramental, and by the same token people who are wealthy beyond belief can't get one if their marriages are found to indeed be sacramental.
No sarcasm, intentionally.
And,poor,Mrs. Kennedy ..who is,on record as,NOT wanting the,annulment ??
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#514579 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples and oranges. A repentant divorcee who is not remarried is not living in adulterous relationship nor is it an answer to the question put forth, which is who in Protestanism determines who a true evangelical Christian is since some Evangelical Christians see nothing wrong with divorce or remarriage and therefore would not be true Evangelical Christians according to one poster.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514580 Feb 12, 2014
why my husbund or better posess spirit sing last night

he is salesmen of builder who build this house..
he say last night..this house belong somebody else..what is not true

from 168 000 my credite cost 668 000 could you imagen that..
see
who send them..o yes my priest know church know authority know.

my rights where

now
teach yourself about adversary
how you going recognize them

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

s;ale;s;man
$;ale:$;man

How much they have truth within themselves?

tea party=see why they need squeeze bags or somebody else=thief

see
on action become reaction..then you do some to them
spirit of righteousness against spirit of falsehood going win

-its start speak many language include name of that s;ale;s;man

pro;djevo
moje srce ljubi tebe evo

God of righteousness always speak truth.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#514581 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Kennedy's ex-wife did not oppose the annulment. I think you are mixing in another Kennedy, who remarried in a civil court prior to receiving a decision from the local church. The local church approved his annulment and it and it was overturned by the Vatican on appeal by his wife who was presybtyrian. Neither of two were remarried in the church.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#514582 Feb 12, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican reversed the decision and the marriage was not annulled. No one can change God's commandments, Rose. No one can "pay" to have them changed.

But that has no bearing whatsoever on the question: who in Protestanism determines who a true evangelical Christian is since many Evangelicals see nothing wrong with divorce or remarriage?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#514583 Feb 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Kennedy's ex-wife did not oppose the annulment. I think you are mixing in another Kennedy, who remarried in a civil court prior to receiving a decision from the local church. The local church approved his annulment and it and it was overturned by the Vatican on appeal by his wife who was presybtyrian. Neither of two were remarried in the church.
And it didn't make any difference as her husband wasn't interested in reconciling with her no matter what the Church said. She spent all that time blaming the Church for the breakup of their marriage, and she was the one who wound up supporting her. It was her husband who wanted out and she couldn't accept it.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#514584 Feb 12, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican reversed the decision and the marriage was not annulled. No one can change God's commandments, Rose. No one can "pay" to have them changed.
But that has no bearing whatsoever on the question: who in Protestanism determines who a true evangelical Christian is since many Evangelicals see nothing wrong with divorce or remarriage?
There was a poignant footnote to President Obama's historic July 10 meeting with Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican. Behind closed doors in the papal library, Obama handed Benedict a letter that Senator Edward Kennedy had asked him to personally deliver to the Pontiff.[...]

Back at headquarters, however, there is little room for nuance. "Here in Rome, Ted Kennedy is nobody. He's a legend with his own constituency," says the Vatican official. "If he had influence in the past, it was only with the Archdiocese of Boston, and that eventually disappeared too." Some say the final sunset on the Kennedy name within Catholic halls of power was the Vatican's decision in 2007 to overturn the annulment of the first marriage of former U.S. Representative Joe Kennedy, the eldest son of Robert Kennedy. The successful appeal by Joe Kennedy's ex-wife Sheila Rauch, an Episcopalian, was another blow to the Kennedy image in Catholic circles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/28/vati...

I would note here that on his death Pope Benedict remained silent.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514586 Feb 12, 2014
then you will find ale some my accusers my judges and others who still want what is not belong to them
still they want comited crime toward me and my family much more vorse

o yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i have dream

yee
funeral front of this house

i told my friend long time ago when my kids is been small
when this corupt organization start build my house

yepppppppppppppppppppppp

that time i reject what they want

still they going

o yeeeeeeeeeeeeee he say my father is via wickerash man as he is ..and i know he is and i know what he want and i know where they lived and i know how they operated..is that authority which is against citizen of this country..
as in within
crime still going from crimea

how you call coffee with cream with shlagom=pronaucment and wicket dance as Vienna dance shlager!

after that you can drink' bear = pivo Lager'..
company Lager which produce pivo=bear
aebr what you can do with that letters someone fat as bear medo who sleep in winter in canada 3 mounth
as well who liked bribery Rabe..care bare arabeeeeeeeeeeeee
yepppppppppppppppppppp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Married in 8,878
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Mon SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web