Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 586624 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514413 Feb 12, 2014
Wiccan goddess ... "I don't know what I'm doing in the moon, except that that nudist creep Gerald Gardner put me there.

And he lied when he claimed that I cursed homosexuals. But what could I do when he chose to write all that nonsense about me?

Maybe some day my Wiccan followers will stop believing in me, and I will disappear into history as having been simply another illusion."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#514414 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, Rose.....stop making things up. Catholics are not excommunicated for divorcing and remarrying.
American catholic bishops ended excommunication for catholics in 1977 for divorce/remarry. Prior to that it wasn't the divorce that catholics were excommunicated for, it was remarrying.

I thought you knew Catholic history.

64 years ago my fathers catholic first cousin was very ill, and about to die. He was divorced and remarried. He wanted to be buried in the catholic cemetary with his first wife. The church said no. My father knew the bishop, met with him and the bishop said he would allow a catholic burial if he would will enough money from his estate to pay for one of the new stain glass windows and statue for one of the stations of the cross in the church renovations. His will was rewritten, the church got their $$$$ he got his catholic burial.

....Its all about the money.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514415 Feb 12, 2014
Jesus ... "I have no idea what I'm supposed to believe, but it seems to my devotees on earth that I believe exactly as they believe.

The only way I will find any peace is to have all those believers stop harrassing me ... but I can't foresee that happening in the near future.

They all expect me to be their salvation-slaves. They pretend to love only my Catholic, Gnostic, or Protestant indoctrinations ... but as a Jew I would be of not one bit of use to them.

I see through the fact that they keep me alive to use me all up for their own biddings.

Maybe some day the truth will come to light ... that I never existed at all. Until then, as in their greed infested mentalities, they pull me this way and that, I will have no peace whatsoever."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514416 Feb 12, 2014
Crishna ... "I used to have the divine title, the mother of God, until new generations of theologians had the bright idea that it would be more beneficial to them to turn me into a male-god. It was then that they changed my title to Krishna.

I just go wherever the theologians ordain that I must go ... as that seems to be my fate."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#514417 Feb 12, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Catholics are not excommunicated for getting a divorce! Or gertting remarried! Where the heck tdo you get this stuff from? We keep on telling you over and over and over, you just can't comprehend , can you.
American bishops changed that law in 1977.

Don't you know anything about your church? Come ON!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#514418 Feb 12, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Catholics are not excommunicated for getting a divorce! Or gertting remarried! Where the heck tdo you get this stuff from? We keep on telling you over and over and over, you just can't comprehend , can you.
1977!

(Lol)

UNBELIEVBLE !!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514419 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
American catholic bishops ended excommunication for catholics in 1977 for divorce/remarry. Prior to that it wasn't the divorce that catholics were excommunicated for, it was remarrying.
They were excommunicated if they even thought of leaving the marriage.

The males in the hierarchy used that preaching BIG TIME back then about letting no man put asunder what god joined together.

Silly stuff to put in human brains ... but it worked.

Woman could be beaten to death by their vile husbands, but divorce was out of the question, as divorce offended "god."

Men could be poisoned with arsenic by their wives, but divorce was out of the question, as divorce offended "god."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#514420 Feb 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still "spinning your wheels" June!!
This is just more of the same old Atheistic and agnostic "anti-catholic"trash opinions that you June are "so famous for"!!!------Unfortunatel y, you continue to have "no idea" as to what you are talking about, which comes as "no surprise" to ANY of us Catholics!!! The TRUTH has, is and will always be grounded and secured in Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically proven) One True Apostolic (Universal) Catholic Church!-----You life seems to be patterned after the (tea cups) at Disneyland------just spinning round and around in circles---going nowhere fast!!!!!
I can't imagine some of the conversations you have with your neighbors or work colleagues that aren't catholic.

You are very arrogant and hatefull towards people who believe in the same Jesus as you.

Many of your leaders lied and deceived the followers and made a buffoon out of you for years as you paid their salaries and benefits........and you think its all OK!

Unbelievable!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#514421 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They were excommunicated if they even thought of leaving the marriage.
The males in the hierarchy used that preaching BIG TIME back then about letting no man put asunder what god joined together.
Silly stuff to put in human brains ... but it worked.
Woman could be beaten to death by their vile husbands, but divorce was out of the question, as divorce offended "god."
Men could be poisoned with arsenic by their wives, but divorce was out of the question, as divorce offended "god."
Its unbelievable that catholics on this forum didn't know this.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514422 Feb 12, 2014
Religion was and is all about making humans into puppets.

The game is for the theologians to pull the emotional strings this way and that, as puppeteers they mastered and master their puppets to follow the theologicals (W) ILLS "of" the theologians.

I won't allow any of those theologians to do my thinking for me anymore. NOT A CHANCE!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#514423 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you knew Catholic history.
64 years ago my fathers catholic first cousin was very ill, and about to die. He was divorced and remarried. He wanted to be buried in the catholic cemetary with his first wife. The church said no. My father knew the bishop, met with him and the bishop said he would allow a catholic burial if he would will enough money from his estate to pay for one of the new stain glass windows and statue for one of the stations of the cross in the church renovations. His will was rewritten, the church got their $$$$ he got his catholic burial.
....Its all about the money.
Excommunicated? Cite your source.

Your story? Baloney.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#514424 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unbelievable you think people on this forum believe you know what you're talking about.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514425 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
They only study the "history" that their leaders tell them is true.

You can see that they totally ignore the idea that the church fathers were anti-Semitic Jew-haters that taught that Jesus also was of the same mindset and in turn wanted the Jews to be slayed.

Having been in religion we can both understand how indoctrination can hold people to certain degrees "spell-bound" ... but some people "without question" will believe "whatever" their theologians teach them is true.

It's a shame, but such deep hypnosis is very difficult to escape, and especially when the will dictates that staying put is based on a righteous choice.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514426 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Excommunicated? Cite your source.
Your story? Baloney.
The source was the Catholic church.

When I was young, it was simply unheard of that "God-fearing" Catholics (unless they were Catholic movie-stars) would leave a marriage by choice.

Ordinary Catholics believed that "god" would be very offended if they dared to leave that marriage.

Movie-stars could have their marriages "annulled." "God" didn't seem to mind that at all, as God always has enjoyed money coming his way.

Sarcasm intended.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514427 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine some of the conversations you have with your neighbors or work colleagues that aren't catholic.
Unbelievable!
I don't have "any problems" with ANY of my (many) non-catholic friends and acquaintances because not one of them are catholic bashers like you, June, Confrinting, Oxbow or other Protestant belligerent anti-Catholics who are on this forum for one purpose only!!! To hostily attack , vindictively manipulate and hate-fully spread your anti-catholic
animosity and antagonism against Jesus Christ Himself and His Catholic Church.
All of you vindictive non-Catholics must " lay awake at night" plotting and planning ways to spread your hate comments against our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church! It is unfortunate that your lives are "so firmly entrenched" in your exaggerating, manipulating, and spinning the TRUTH that your lives have become "so shallow---retaliatory ---and revengeful"!!!!-----sad-- -so very sad

Vanderhoof, Canada

#514428 Feb 12, 2014
The Carlo Ponti, Sophia Loren-affair was a hot item in the news when I was Young.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Later, they had the marriage annulled in 1962, after which he arranged with his first wife, Giuliana, that the three of them move to France (which at that time allowed divorce) and become French citizens. In 1965 Giuliana Ponti divorced her husband, allowing Ponti to marry Loren in 1966 in a civil wedding in Sèvres.[1][6][7] They later became French citizens after their application was approved by then French President Georges Pompidou.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Ponti
Anthony MN

United States

#514429 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The source was the Catholic church.
When I was young, it was simply unheard of that "God-fearing" Catholics (unless they were Catholic movie-stars) would leave a marriage by choice.
Ordinary Catholics believed that "god" would be very offended if they dared to leave that marriage.
Movie-stars could have their marriages "annulled." "God" didn't seem to mind that at all, as God always has enjoyed money coming his way.
Sarcasm intended.
I won't disagree that there was a lot of shame related to it and pretending in Hollywood. They were NOT however excommunicated for it.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514430 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As do you I don't have Cathololic wheels TO spin.
Your yarns are based on nonsense impregnated into your brain as being based on truth.
The idea that you don't GET that is YOUR problem.
Catholics tried in VAIN to run off into the sunset with the affections of an imaginary god created by the Jews for their own personal USE.
How silly!
Personal "distorted-exaggerated-an d (blown out-of-proportion) "silly" opinion" is the "only thing" that keeps your atheistic and/or agnostic life of bondage, chaos and confusion from sinking further and further "down" into the depths of frivolous oblivion. Wake up June, before it's to late!!!!!!
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#514431 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wacky theology
I wonder what god would do with his "time" if he had no sinners to judge?
:)
Probably would reading and laughing at the "silliness" that you have been posting!!!!

“Resources For The Future”

Since: Feb 14

Los Angeles, CA

#514432 Feb 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have "any problems" with ANY of my (many) non-catholic friends and acquaintances because not one of them are catholic bashers like you, June, Confrinting, Oxbow or other Protestant belligerent anti-Catholics who are on this forum for one purpose only!!! To hostily attack , vindictively manipulate and hate-fully spread your anti-catholic
animosity and antagonism against Jesus Christ Himself and His Catholic Church.
All of you vindictive non-Catholics must " lay awake at night" plotting and planning ways to spread your hate comments against our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church! It is unfortunate that your lives are "so firmly entrenched" in your exaggerating, manipulating, and spinning the TRUTH that your lives have become "so shallow---retaliatory ---and revengeful"!!!!-----sad-- -so very sad
It is not surprising to find that most preconceived detestation is founded on ignorance or lack of in-depth knowledge of the subject matter they loathe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sherlayne 84,152
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Cultastic 9,208
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Tue Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States Tue Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Mon KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web