Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,075
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#514325 Feb 11, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that proves us 'true evangelicals' were alive and well back then.
St. Ignatius was ordained by St. Peter and personally taught by St. John the Evangelist. When he says those who hold heterodox opinions, he means folks like you. Are we to understand you proudly associate yourself with people who disagreed with Sts. Peter, John and Ignatius?
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#514326 Feb 11, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Refraining from prayer proves true evangelicals were alive and well back then? lol Ok Marge, I would go with the gnostics and their gospels if I were you. The true Evangelical Protestants. The true Evangelical Protestants are the Corinthians that Paul had so much trouble with. You seem more of a fundie though Marge. You live in this lala land where you pretend that all protestants believe like you , but this board alone exposes that fallacy and if they dont well they arent really true evangelicals. Old JG who wants to cut off balls and nail to them posts is a true Evngelical according to you.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#514327 Feb 11, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
All this debate about religion is taking us away from the fact that Iranian war ships is headed to our waters and there is no sign of JuneVanDerMark to be found on this subject in the last few hours.
'Vander Mark' my words,somthing stinks here,and the trail leads straight to June!
lol!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#514328 Feb 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>834
99.9% of your posts show you are lying....look them up....
I'll take it you cannot actually provide a lie, thief.
Liam

United States

#514329 Feb 11, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
That's very interesting. Thanks.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#514330 Feb 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't prove Oxbow a thief, then you have provided the proof of you being a liar.

Amazing how truth comes to light as your sins find you out.

DOH!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#514331 Feb 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Those verses have nothing to do with the Catholic Church in Rome or anywhere else on the planet. There simply your opinion and it means nothing to us. You misused the word of God to paint a false picture of me and my Catholic family. Repent.
I showed you the truth...from Scripture...do with it whatever...

Location hidden

#514332 Feb 11, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did....here tis agin: 99.9% of your posts show you are lying....look them up.

Location hidden

#514333 Feb 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Ignatius was ordained by St. Peter and personally taught by St. John the Evangelist. When he says those who hold heterodox opinions, he means folks like you. Are we to understand you proudly associate yourself with people who disagreed with Sts. Peter, John and Ignatius?
You stay with Iggie....my money is on the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#514334 Feb 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You stay with Iggie....my money is on the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...
....as interpreted by your nice Southern baptist preacher...I hope he has enough money to bail you out...good luck.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#514335 Feb 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed you the truth...from Scripture...do with it whatever...
Is that what you really think?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#514336 Feb 11, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#514338 Feb 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did....here tis agin: 99.9% of your posts show you are lying....look them up.
Please identify a single lie, thief.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#514339 Feb 11, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Agreed Kay. I'm still just trying to get to the core of the issue, everything you and Rose have said is really sidestepping the issue. The Catholic Church has a very clear and unambiguous teaching regarding the sanctity of the sacrament of Marriage. I clearly spells out what it believes are the precepts from the bible. You may not agree, but it is there nonetheless.
There is no such clear teaching from the evangelicals. One can get a myriad of opinions from different evangelical groups.
My question remains; Where in evangelicalism can one get a clear and firm teaching on marriage and divorce? Is it not a matter of profound importance as it pertains to the state of one's soul when they face judgement?

----------
I don't know what is not clear. Two persons joined in marriage become ONE. Jesus said that NO ONE was to break that bond.(The CC 'annuls' these, and declares that they were not truly married.)(No, a couple does not have to be married in a certain 'church' for their marriage to be valid.) Some Indians simply "jump the broomstick"; their families and community accept that they are 'united'.
I am not 'united' to my husband by some formal ritual in any group. We are united physically and spiritually by the 'union' of our bodies.
It is good sense to have a public legal ceremony for legal protection...but the ceremony does not unite the pair...GOD does the uniting.

Divorce is sin...but it is not the unforgivable sin. To pre-plan such action damages all parties involved. A court or 'church' that cuts those ties asunder takes on its self the sin of "putting asunder". Marriage is a bond that can never truly be broken...but if it has suffered that damage before an individual is converted to Christ, then one can only start from where they are when they come to Him.

KayMarie

#514340 Feb 11, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>
If you are not free of sin you will not live forever. The continual badgering, sinful behaviour you show towards posters does not bode well for you........this definetley reduces your chances for a blissful second life. The gate to heaven is narrowing very quickly for you.
....I had to let you know.

----------
Thanks. There are two things that identify one as having eternal life. Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." The other He said, is that "they will know that you are MY disciples if you love one another."

Psalm 133 says that eternal life exists in the unity of the brethren...

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#514341 Feb 11, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
If you are not free of sin you will not live forever. The continual badgering, sinful behaviour you show towards posters does not bode well for you........this definetley reduces your chances for a blissful second life. The gate to heaven is narrowing very quickly for you.
....I had to let you know.
----------
Thanks. There are two things that identify one as having eternal life. Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." The other He said, is that "they will know that you are MY disciples if you love one another."
Psalm 133 says that eternal life exists in the unity of the brethren...
KayMarie
Are you saying that ALL Jews, muslims , Hindus etc are just wasting their time because by chance they were born into a different belief system? You by chance you were born into the right belief system and they weren't?

Thousands of belief systems past and present and each one in their own way believe in their own hearts that they are the chosen ones to their god.

Organized religion divides people. We see it every day on this forum. Is that what an ALL loving God would expect?

#514342 Feb 11, 2014
Are you saying that ALL Jews, muslims , Hindus etc are just wasting their time because by chance they were born into a different belief system? You by chance you were born into the right belief system and they weren't?
Thousands of belief systems past and present and each one in their own way believe in their own hearts that they are the chosen ones to their god.
Organized religion divides people. We see it every day on this forum. Is that what an ALL loving God would expect?

----------
People divide people. And if there were truly 'many gods', they would be fighting for supremacy. People do that, without even a real 'god' to champion.

God will judge whether all those people are worthy...He "so loved the world that He gave" a way for all of them to find Him.

He offers forgiveness and peace here, gives us a sense of value that NO OTHER 'god' offers.

KayMarie

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#514343 Feb 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said it. The apostles and early Church said it. Christians for 2000 years have said it.
I believe it.
You don't.
One of us has faith.
But just because such an event was written in a book of mythology, and some weak minded people believe it, doesn't make it true.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe

#514344 Feb 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
key verse Tony..."many of his disciples went back to their old ways, and walked no more in his company".
were these disciples true followers of Christ or just following Christ? These disciples were they to be fed and when Christ starting talking about eating His flesh and drinking His blood, they left. Like you, they took it literally, they had to eat His flesh.
Ah, but it probably WAS suppose to be a cannibalistic ritual.

As some cults of the time believed that by eating the flesh of their leader, if they died for some reason, would gain all the strength and wisdom of the leader. And given the conflicting burial accounts, it leaves open the possibility that the "Last Supper" happened AFTER Jesus's death, but the bible was rewritten to cover this up.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true

#514345 Feb 11, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth....based on Scripture:
Verses 4-8: As Lot was called forth out of Sodom before it was destroyed by fire and brimstone; so the people of God are directed, by a voice from heaven, to come out of Babylon before her fall. Isa 52:11-12 This summons concerns all persons in every age: they who believe in Christ, and “worship God in the Spirit,” should separate from so corrupt a church, and from all others which copy her example of idolatry, persecution, cruelty, and tyranny, and avoid “being partakers of her sins,” even if they have renounced her communion; or else they may expect to be involved in her plagues. As her crimes, her daring, presumptuous, and atrocious wickedness, resembled mountains reaching to heaven; so God had remembered her iniquities, though his forbearance had been mistaken for disregard. And therefore the persons or nations who had been persecuted by her, were called on to retaliate upon her as a condemned criminal, and to give her a double measure of the wine of God’s wrath from the cup of his indignation, according to the atrociousness of her sins, and the cruel treatment which they had received at her hands: that torture and anguish might be rendered to her proportionable to her former ostentation, splendor, and luxury; and to the pride and presumption with which she had set these predictions at defiance, declaring that “she sat as a queen, was no” bereaved destitute “widow, and should see no sorrow,” whatever the word of God had threatened. Isa 47:1-15 Therefore all the plagues which had been denounced against her, would surely come on her in one day, suddenly and unexpectedly; death in every dreadful form would fill the city with mourning, and dire famine would attend the other desolations, ill she should utterly be burned with fire; and then she would know that the Lord, who had judged and condemned her, was strong, and fully able to execute the tremendous sentence.—As Rome ;has never hitherto been “utterly burned with fire,” it is undeniable that events
Scripture is not reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 36 min Mr Sir 9,036
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 10 hr barefoot2626 35
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 21 hr YaWay 173
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
More from around the web