Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#514203 Feb 11, 2014
INRI=blue purple
Jesus on cross
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#514204 Feb 11, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The confidence trick that a god that once loved only the Jews would turn Catholic ... escapes your mentality.
As you keep preaching your nonsense ... you learn nothing about the con-games of the masters of con ... who were and are, the theologians.
I do not know of this Jewish teaching you rave about that says God only loved them. I do know of books that tell where God refused to destroy others despite wishes for it. I do know that it is said by their prophets that they were punished because they did not hold up their end of the bargain. I do know that Jews believed they were a people set apart. I do know that it was prophesied that all would be saved through the Jews. I do believe a new covenant was set up. I do not know of this claim that all Jews would go to hell. I do know that Josephus the Jewish Historian referred to the Christians as a Jewish Sect. I do know that the church specifically protected the Jews from the beginning. I do know that not everyone found it easy to practice. I do know that the Jews werent exactly fond of Christianity. I do know that you did not bother to read what I provided and continued to bellow while proclaiming you were not answered. I do know that you hate all religion and I do know that your opinionated theories and irrelevant rhetoric devoid of intelligence is the utopian solution for all to live in a world where everyone smiles and waves like a prom Quen on a float. I used to wave back to them and ask them for them phone numbers. It was Heaven. ;)
truth

Perth, Australia

#514205 Feb 11, 2014
under wine presses great sorrow who can suffer and love some time love you

see in my heart not change nothing
if i shouting or cry or pray
i am some in within heart

3x cin cin cin bim bim bim
3x flower one branch
purple flower
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#514206 Feb 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting....
Jesus said it is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. So, if the flesh profits nothing why would we have to eat Jesus' flesh in order to live forever?
Are you implying that Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, His actual human body dying was of no profit?

John 6:60 - as are many anti-Catholics today, Jesus' disciples are scandalized by these words. They even ask, "Who can 'listen' to it (much less understand it)?" To the unillumined mind, it seems grotesque.

John 6:61-63 - Jesus acknowledges their disgust. Jesus' use of the phrase "the spirit gives life" means the disciples need supernatural faith, not logic, to understand His words.

John 3:6 - Jesus often used the comparison of "spirit versus flesh" to teach about the necessity of possessing supernatural faith versus a natural understanding. In Mark 14:38 Jesus also uses the "spirit/flesh" comparison. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. We must go beyond the natural to understand the supernatural. In 1 Cor. 2:14,3:3; Rom 8:5; and Gal. 5:17, Paul also uses the "spirit/flesh" comparison to teach that unspiritual people are not receiving the gift of faith. They are still "in the flesh."

John 6:63 - Protestants often argue that Jesus' use of the phrase "the spirit gives life" shows that Jesus was only speaking symbolically. However, Protestants must explain why there is not one place in Scripture where "spirit" means "symbolic." As we have seen, the use of "spirit" relates to supernatural faith. What words are spirit and life? The words that we must eat Jesus' flesh and drink His blood, or we have no life in us.

John 6:66-67 - many disciples leave Jesus, rejecting this literal interpretation that we must eat His flesh and drink His blood. At this point, these disciples really thought Jesus had lost His mind. If they were wrong about the literal interpretation, why wouldn't Jesus, the Great Teacher, have corrected them? Why didn't Jesus say, "Hey, come back here, I was only speaking symbolically!"? Because they understood correctly.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#514207 Feb 11, 2014
I suggest that if a deity exists and has been watching the confidence tricks of all theologians ... nothing good will come to them.

If any group is rewarded, it should be the ones that refused to believe that the gods wanted humans to kill by order of the theologians.

Religion has been the nastiest of all confidence tricks ever played on others ... EVER!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#514208 Feb 11, 2014
I hope when I die that I will simply sleep forever.

I certainly don't want to have to go through another round of harassment from theologians claiming they know truth while killing each other to prove their points.

Such ignorance is NOT bliss, and if a deity foresaw the mess of ignorance and suffering on earth and went ahead to create humans, it's one sick psychotic monster in DEED!

Religion is bunkology.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#514209 Feb 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying that Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, His actual human body dying was of no profit?
John 6:60 - as are many anti-Catholics today, Jesus' disciples are scandalized by these words. They even ask, "Who can 'listen' to it (much less understand it)?" To the unillumined mind, it seems grotesque.
John 6:61-63 - Jesus acknowledges their disgust. Jesus' use of the phrase "the spirit gives life" means the disciples need supernatural faith, not logic, to understand His words.
John 3:6 - Jesus often used the comparison of "spirit versus flesh" to teach about the necessity of possessing supernatural faith versus a natural understanding. In Mark 14:38 Jesus also uses the "spirit/flesh" comparison. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. We must go beyond the natural to understand the supernatural. In 1 Cor. 2:14,3:3; Rom 8:5; and Gal. 5:17, Paul also uses the "spirit/flesh" comparison to teach that unspiritual people are not receiving the gift of faith. They are still "in the flesh."
John 6:63 - Protestants often argue that Jesus' use of the phrase "the spirit gives life" shows that Jesus was only speaking symbolically. However, Protestants must explain why there is not one place in Scripture where "spirit" means "symbolic." As we have seen, the use of "spirit" relates to supernatural faith. What words are spirit and life? The words that we must eat Jesus' flesh and drink His blood, or we have no life in us.
John 6:66-67 - many disciples leave Jesus, rejecting this literal interpretation that we must eat His flesh and drink His blood. At this point, these disciples really thought Jesus had lost His mind. If they were wrong about the literal interpretation, why wouldn't Jesus, the Great Teacher, have corrected them? Why didn't Jesus say, "Hey, come back here, I was only speaking symbolically!"? Because they understood correctly.
Are you so stupified as to believe that a deity waited eons of time for you to post these words as the only truth in the universe???

How gigantic IS your ego to feed itself such ridiculous nonsense???
truth

Perth, Australia

#514210 Feb 11, 2014
http://dentonpbc.org/color_blue.htm

it is written
satan is around roring and try put people in trouble

don't you

you know who they are

did you still pray
one have to died or divorce

25 3

i am as i am
truth

Perth, Australia

#514211 Feb 11, 2014
somebody else is on my place

Fraser Lake, Canada

#514212 Feb 11, 2014
If there just happens to be a deity, why would anyone be rewarded for believing that their religion is the only truth in the universe?

What type of monster-god would reward such brain-waves as being worthy of special treatment???

Even when I was under the spell of religion, I never believed that I was special to a god, and furthermore, I never desired to be special to a god.

What type of mentality would think so little of other humans???

I want you to consider that question, and as Mrs. Brown states ... "TINK about it!!!"
truth

Perth, Australia

#514213 Feb 11, 2014
da te volim vishe
dusha moja za tebe dishe
pokazi mi zivot novi

there INRI
there my hand my lags my body my mind

i resist pain of crown
power of god aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#514214 Feb 11, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No..I'm saying Jesus said the flesh profits nothing.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514215 Feb 11, 2014
http://dentonpbc.org/color_blue.htm

3x purple blue flower

jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

htjeli ste me ubit

kako da ne

how many times i need for all of you

Fraser Lake, Canada

#514216 Feb 11, 2014
I suggest that there is more common sense in the authors that wrote the following skit, than in all the theologians that ever existed, as the skit displays the ridiculous claims of right-fighting theologians claiming to know truth.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#514217 Feb 11, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No..I'm saying Jesus said the flesh profits nothing.
Catholics wrote the mythology that Jesus said ... "blah, blah, blah......"

And you invested all your FAITH in their confidence trick.

Not one word on earth has been claimed to be the handwriting of the supposed master of wisdom ... "Jesus."

I suggest that is because it was just another myth among many many savior myths.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#514218 Feb 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Because He told us too. He even showed us how to do it. Paul received this from the Lord and passed it on to the Corinthians. John and Peter showed Ignatius and he wrote about it. Bartholomew and Jude showed the Armenians. Andrew showed the Greeks and Ukrainians. Thomas showed the Indians... Those Churches believe as they were taught too. And they also wrote.
Therefore "the flesh profits nothing" couldn't possibly unravel the Eucharist. I don't see how you people come to that conclusion on John 6:63 anyway. You have to be really bold and ignorant. you have to have a pre determined conclusion I think. You simply need to do away with the Eucharist so you do. Thats what it comes down to do. Its a Bible buffet. Pick your theology!
Jesus said the flesh profits nothing.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#514219 Feb 11, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Same with sola fide. What happens if someone thinks they are saved after their third divorce. They lived as an unrepented adulteror.(Their interpretations of scripture trumped those of the Church.) Yet, "faith alone" saved them in the end.
One Evangelical side teaches that sola fide is not biblical. The other doesn't. I can't understand why they think this is ok. Marge even said 'as long as we use the Bible for our argument, its ok'. What?? If that's not Bible idolatry, then what is?
So the,woman at the well COUKD not possibly have been saved because,she,HAD lived,a bad,life. And,was,married 5 times???

The,prodigal son 'was,he,saved...what if he,had,relations,in living his,profligate,life,...oh but he,didn't get remarried...so God COUKD forgive Him..but not a,person remarried...

Yes,sir THE RCC can limit GOD..UNLESS, they pay for an annulment ???from the,RCC..???

Sorry but to me that's,the highest form again of chutzpah..

God CANNOT FORGIVE unless your Church puts,a stamp on it ...

There,are the type,of things,that believers,have a,hard time,with .....the,CHURCH over God thing.
Can you not see that

Most of us believe,you folks,are,true,believers in Christ...but you limit the Cross and put your Church fathers,doctrines above it.

Same with the,whole LIMBO belief. Now those,babies are,released,or were,never in limbo because the Church says,so...

As,far as,I know,the SINS..OF MEN AND WOMEN.....we're,taken to the Cross...it is,finished..ONE SACRIFICE BY ONE PERFECT LAMB slain ....

Fraser Lake, Canada

#514220 Feb 11, 2014
When posters punch negative icons, it's because what they read hit raw nerves.

And that is GOOD.

Irritation can make you look in the mirror to find why what you read is so upsetting to you.

I suggest that even if a deity existed, it would not find that your religion is special. That naughty hypnotic trance just exists in your deluded brain.
truth

Perth, Australia

#514221 Feb 11, 2014
i am under attack every day

they are evil spirit around me

yeeeeeeeeeee

it is written

nemojte biti grabezljivi

did you still pray
one died or divorce

very sad

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#514222 Feb 11, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Only through the Eucharist will you live forever, the obnly waqy to receive Christ through the Eucharist is the Catholic Churxh, the church Christ founded.
I'm sure,those,people,receive the,Eucharist ...they think they are,good Catholics...now,what .???

Amazing...follow the Mass,receive the,Eucharist...vote,in favor of partial birth abortion...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Mr Sir 9,186
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web