Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#514477 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away Anthony!.....
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings yesterday Mike. Can I offer you an e-hug?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#514478 Feb 12, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post the exact statements by Jesus (not "Paul", Moses, or any other person) that states the conditions of marriage and divorce.
Remember - Jesus only.....so don't try to mislead others with a false posting and/or vague - open interpretations - because it only shows that the Protestants are jsut as correct.
GO!
Mark 10

A man, therefore, will leave his father and mother and will cling to his wife,[2] 8 and the two will become one flesh. Why then, since they are no longer two, but one flesh, 9 what God has joined, let not man put asunder. 10 And when they were in the house, his disciples asked him further about the same question. 11 Whereupon he told them, If a man puts away his wife and marries another, he behaves adulterously towards her,[3] 12 and if a woman puts away her husband and marries another, she is an adulteress.[4]

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514479 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you know what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is?
YEAH ... It's stealing another man's god and claiming that you created the god.

Rumor has it that Elohim is very offended that you are claiming he abandoned the Jews and instead sent a son to save you.

Tongue in cheek
Liam

Chicago, IL

#514480 Feb 12, 2014
That Indiana demon -possession case is one of the most bizarre events I've ever read about. It has to be true unless the doctors, nurses, child protection workers, the police captain, and a Catholic Priest are all in on the hoax for money.

The boy levetated in front of non believing professionals. He walked up a wall backwards as the doctors and social service workers ran screaming out of the room. I found it interesting, after that happened ... After they called 911, the non-Catholic hospital chaplain was notified. The chaplain immediately called a Catholic Priest. What? He called the Whore of Babylon representative?? Couldn't he just hold the KJV up to his forehead like Preston? Sounds like this guy knew it was an actual situation and I'm sure he wasn't about to play theological politics. Most of these pastors and chaplains privately know the Catholic Church is the real deal, but they'll never admit it publicly.
He said, "you gotta get down here now. A kid just walked up the wall and ceiling backwards". A very incredible story.
www.ncregister.com/daily-news/parish-priest-a...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514481 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You manipulated when you omitted to mention "religion."
It was and IS by your manipulation that you keep omitting the issue of church fathers stating that Jesus percieved the Jews as his enemies.
That was a big issue in history and politics, especially for the Jews that ended up in the flames as heretics against their own imaginary god that was stolen by your church fathers.
You are a very naughty and callous man-ipulator.
June

Peace

Its a rather mute point. Jesus does not have enemies. But there are enemies of Jesus....

Peace
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#514482 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post. I said you were correct. I didn't say you said it was still in effect. I can understand you flipping out because after years you finally found something that you post was provable, but the old blind sow does occasionally find an acorn.
Jeremiah 3:1-2,6-8
“‘If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife,
will he return to her ? Would not that land be greatly polluted ? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me ? says the Lord. Lift up your eyes to the bare heights, and see ! Where have you not been lain with ? By the waysides you have sat awaiting lovers like an Arab in the wilderness. You have polluted the land with your vile harlotry…’
(6) The Lord said to me in the days of King Josiah:‘Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the harlot ? And I thought,“After she has done all this she will return to me;” but she did not return, and her false sister Judah saw it. She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce; yet her false sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the harlot.’”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#514483 Feb 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't YOU believe that your ex-Jew church fathers were the cause of centuries of Jews and those in all other religions being tortured and slaughted Robert???
And if not ... WHY not???
And why are you so ultra selfish as to believe that Jesus was and is real, but that the supposed saviors in all other religions were and are NOT real?
You are a scam artist, just as are the rest of us who pick and choose our favorite history on which to re-LIE!
Maybe everything was and is illusion. How would you like that idea for "history?"
June

Don't worry June. You can think everything is an illusion.

In some ways it promotes a certain objectivity, or dispassion.
But it also detracts from reality and responsibility.

How you wish to relate to Truth is of consequence to you and your life.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#514484 Feb 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that you are a lying snake....here is what I said: I do not think....I know: I showed you the truth...from Scripture...do with it whatever
Nonsense, thief.
Michael

Canada

#514485 Feb 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post. I said you were correct. I didn't say you said it was still in effect. I can understand you flipping out because after years you finally found something that you post was provable, but the old blind sow does occasionally find an acorn.
,... You just can't stand being told you are wrong, when you are wrong. But while you are suppose to be working you somehow find the time telling others that they are wrong, when we know they aren't.

You definintley need some anger management courses, and I am sure your wife would agree with me.

How many posters have you now apologized to. 20?...25?......or 100?

Do you see me insulting posters? Of course not. Its sinful.

Michael

Canada

#514486 Feb 12, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 3:1-2,6-8
“‘If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man’s wife,
will he return to her ? Would not that land be greatly polluted ? You have played the harlot with many lovers; and would you return to me ? says the Lord. Lift up your eyes to the bare heights, and see ! Where have you not been lain with ? By the waysides you have sat awaiting lovers like an Arab in the wilderness. You have polluted the land with your vile harlotry…’
(6) The Lord said to me in the days of King Josiah:‘Have you seen what she did, that faithless one, Israel, how she went up on every high hill and under every green tree, and there played the harlot ? And I thought,“After she has done all this she will return to me;” but she did not return, and her false sister Judah saw it. She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce; yet her false sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the harlot.’”
Who cares sin is sin. Same mortal sin missing mass in Sunday. Why is no one pointing fingers at them.

Murder someone. Mortal sin

Miss mass on Sunday, same defpgree of sin.

Unbelievable!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#514487 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares sin is sin. Same mortal sin missing mass in Sunday. Why is no one pointing fingers at them.
Unbelievable!
Mortal sin does not exist other than in your mind.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#514488 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable!
Why are you arguing about sin? What is "sin" to an atheist? you have no say in a matter that is of Jude- Christian origin. Sin, good, evil, morals, salvation should not be in your vocabulary. Those are OUR virtues, not yours.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#514489 Feb 12, 2014
Methinks Michael needs an exorcisms [lol]

"When you interact with somebody possessed by a demon, their heart is so completely and totally black and devoid of any hesitation or compassion that you know in your heart that they would tear you apart and be smiling the entire time,” Blai said.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/10/loc...

“Resources For The Future”

Since: Feb 14

Los Angeles, CA

#514490 Feb 12, 2014
Sometimes I wonder how a book from the third century coming out of India proclaiming Nirvana as the only way to enlightenment with God would have been accepted by the theologian beliefs in Europe and the Middle East.

My fear would be that India would have been obliterated by Crusading intolerance rather than accepted as righteous knowledge all in the name of their "good book"
Michael

Canada

#514491 Feb 12, 2014
StarC wrote:
Methinks Michael needs an exorcisms [lol]
"When you interact with somebody possessed by a demon, their heart is so completely and totally black and devoid of any hesitation or compassion that you know in your heart that they would tear you apart and be smiling the entire time,” Blai said.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/02/10/loc...
.......more church BS....... Another way to control you, StarC.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#514492 Feb 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
,... You just can't stand being told you are wrong, when you are wrong. But while you are suppose to be working you somehow find the time telling others that they are wrong, when we know they aren't.
You definintley need some anger management courses, and I am sure your wife would agree with me.
How many posters have you now apologized to. 20?...25?......or 100?
Do you see me insulting posters? Of course not. Its sinful.
My offer of an e-hug still stands Mikey.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514493 Feb 12, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation please.
Please post evidence that shows Jesus strictly taught Judaism.
IMO - he taught many teachings that are very similar to Buddhism.
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Buddha-The-Parall...
I don't believe that the Jesus-story was anything but myth, but the theology was that he was a Jewish Rabbi, and Jewish Rabbis teach Judaism.

I comprehend that you are fond of perceiving that you are gnostic, because the word itself means "knowledge" ... but I suggest that your self is simply entertaining illusion as do all selves in other religions.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514494 Feb 12, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Mortal sin does not exist other than in your mind.
The word sin came from archery and tranferred over to religion.

Archers would havea hit or a sin. A hit was to hit the bulls eye and a sin was to miss the bulls eye.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514495 Feb 12, 2014
Zachary Gima wrote:
Sometimes I wonder how a book from the third century coming out of India proclaiming Nirvana as the only way to enlightenment with God would have been accepted by the theologian beliefs in Europe and the Middle East.
My fear would be that India would have been obliterated by Crusading intolerance rather than accepted as righteous knowledge all in the name of their "good book"
Theologians in one religion hated theologians in other religions, because they saw them as threats to their own dogmas.

They were comparable to dogs guarding their own bones.

Observe the Catholics and Protestants on this forum as they growl at each other in defense of their own dogmas.

They preach at each other on a daily basis with threats of rejection from the same supposed savior.

Silly people in deed.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#514496 Feb 12, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Don't worry June. You can think everything is an illusion.
You think hell is an illusion for you, but is real for others.

I think religion is an illusion ... period!

I don't perceive that you as a Catholic would be special to Elohim ... even if Elohim existed, as he would perceive you as a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 16 hr Alt Right Sucks 334
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web