Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 541,899
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#512214 Feb 5, 2014
a vi ste iz djecije price dva zabca sa ono zelen;guoro
za dva za bpca acp baza vd asz

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#512215 Feb 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we all fall short of the glory of God.
I lay no claim to being the Vicar of Christ, your Holy See does.
He is responsible for leading millions of people to Christ.
He alone is rsponsible for the sins committed against the weak and helpless.
He can't wash his hands of the matter, because he knew what was going on and choose to cover it up, even allowing it to continue .
"I AM NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT SEX ABUSE ON CHILDREN, I AM TALKING ABOUT LYING, STEALING, MURDER ,COVANTING, ADULTERY, ETC. ETC. ETC.
HAVE YOU CATHOLIC'S EVEN READ THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.ALL THIS COMMITTED BY YOUR CHURCH FROM ONE GENERATION TO ANOTHER.
IT IS STILL GOING ON IN THIS CENTRARY.
THE WHORE OF BABYLON CALLING IT SELF THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST.
INNOCENT BLOOD ISN'T JUST ON HIS HANDS HE IS DROWNING IN IT.
IT IS THE TRUE CHURCH OF THE ANTI-CHRIST, THE GATES OF HELL STARTS .
AT THE SEAT THE ANTI-CHRIST SITS ON.
THERE HAVE BEEN MANY ANTI-CHRISTS THAT HAVE COME AND GONE BUT BELIEVE ME EVERYONE WILL STANDED BEFORE GOD ON JUDGEMENT DAY.
Sin is sin LTM.

On adultery, homosexuality and more
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
truth

Perth, Australia

#512217 Feb 5, 2014
a tako ona sa ciove
zar i vi kazete civije
mi smo mislili po dal;mask;in skii as bro;kve
a tako to vi iz prica kuhate brokule za ko sto cule ili ka;zale
imat ce te i kad zaliti
a one sa ex.sere
e pa ex.sori su ti to
oprostite vi ste ti
lazanski sa kos;iri;can;keeeeeeeeeee

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
aru eru iru oru uru
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#512219 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I checked the bible said All fall short of the Glory of God. I know that doesn't include you, therfore you are the moral authority of the world. Thank You! Who knew?
Finally! One of the Romans on this forum admits Mary is a sinner and has fallen short of the glory of God. From your own lips Dust Storm.

Roman 3:23, "For all (this includes your blessed Mary) have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Amen!
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#512222 Feb 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dust Storm for the clarification! June's comment seemed untrue anyway, but it is a well known fact that anti-Catholics will say or do "anything" in order to keep their hostile and vindictive attacks "heated up" against the Catholic Church!!!! It's to be
expected because this hostility and hatred has been going on for over 450 years since the reformation!!!!!!
Why would people rebel against a one true church?

Corruption maybe? Or, were the rebelling people just plain evil - and your church good?

Give them credit for this -- they foresaw the child abuse debacle.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512223 Feb 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
......UN committee blasts Vatican for not protecting our children. Feb 5TH 2014
....Heads are going to roll and vacancies will become available. LAST ONE OUT BLOW OUT THE CANDLES.
Michael, why do you have to be so bigoted? Remember when the protestant prechers of yours would say that at the end times, people will go against Christ. Well it's happening, government wants everything to ge Godless and you are helping them. Get off that evil bandwagon because it's going straight to hell with you on it. There are people who hate the church so much they would even influence govt s all over. Even if the U.N. forces us to change, we won't we will be persacuted, die for Christ. We will have eternal life, while the oppresser will have eternal damnation. Now, will you be for Christ? or will you be for the devil? And by the way, we have done more than any other organization to help the child who was molested.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#512224 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't. You take some early Father verses out of context without the broader view.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...
Excuse after excuse for obviously ungodly behavior.

Are you saying that the Catholic Church has consistently treated the Jews in a moral way, as might be expected from Jesus' only church?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#512225 Feb 5, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally! One of the Romans on this forum admits Mary is a sinner and has fallen short of the glory of God. From your own lips Dust Storm.
Roman 3:23, "For all (this includes your blessed Mary) have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Amen!
Do you believe that the line "...forgive us our trespasses..." means that Jesus is also a sinner? That is a direct scriptural quote from the mouth of Jesus. Using your logic concerning Mary it follows that you are calling Jesus a sinner. Heresy and blasphemy all in one post.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#512226 Feb 5, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the line "...forgive us our trespasses..." means that Jesus is also a sinner? That is a direct scriptural quote from the mouth of Jesus. Using your logic concerning Mary it follows that you are calling Jesus a sinner. Heresy and blasphemy all in one post.
Yes. And none of his direct quotes denies this.

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#512227 Feb 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"the UN report also severely criticized the Holy See for its attitude towards Homosexuality, contraception and abortion. And said... "
www.foxnews.com
Uh oh. I think we discovered the real agenda behind their hypocritical criticism of the Vatican!
Uganda forces children as young as 11 yrs old to fight and other children to 'take care' of older male soldiers as soon as their old enough to 'perform'.
Memo to the UN: The Catholic Church is right about contraception and abortion. And if you bother to look into their teachings on homosexuality, you'll see its correct on that too!
Will the UN criticized the Muslims for honor killings? No they will not, for fear of getting blown up. They want the Church to be more tolerant of homosexuals, are they not ( homosexuals ) the ones that molest boys?

Plenty has been done to prevent it from happening again.
Pope B16 defrocked priest
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4618932
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#512228 Feb 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When the movie "The Song of Bernadette" appeared in movie theatres, thereafter many young women of the Catholic faith became nuns, which in turn upset a lot of Catholic mothers who did not want their daughters to become nuns.
The mothers knew that all was not what it seemed.
25 years ago I met an ex nun. She told me her story. Back in the1950s she grew up in rural ontario, her parents sent her and her sister to convents, and kept her brothers to work the family farm.

She told me stories of every night infighting old school nuns versuses the young nuns, some heavy alcohol drinking nuns and ones that smoked cigarettes far from the view of the faithful. She left in the late 60s when she claimed was the start of the big exit by many nuns.

.....The day of her planned leaving none of them even wished her well or said goodbye. She was shunned!! Same thing happens when priests leave the priesthood. The followers don't give a damn.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#512229 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, the Church has never taught to little girls they have to be a Nun to be a Saint. That is fodder, which is cleary refuted in the recognition of Saints who were not Nuns and further the recognition of Sainthood is just that it does not preclude that the church teaches we are called to be Saints. Special recognition of some does not mean everyone else is damned. I only write this, because your above statement does not address the very misinformed and inaccurate statement of June.
Half of my classmates,including me ..around fourth grade wanted to be,like the Little,Flower ...our heroes are who we learn about ..not necessarily curriculum..just what the n u 's,spoke,of ..the Saints,d a us,we celebrated...I think the other half wanted to be BERNADETTE ....we saw a,movie..I think..

I also thought only the RCC could make Saints....when I was in school ...again..I have no idea what they teach kids,today ....or what stories the kids,hear ......I know it's,different

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#512230 Feb 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
........1965 in america 180,000 nuns. Today less than 57,000 nuns and rapidly dropping, not to forget 45,000 of these women who have sacrificed their entire luves to God are under investigation by the Vatican, while the Vatican itself is under investigation by the United Nations.
....The church is a real mess!
.....will the last one out please lock the door?
For what it's,worth...personally I trust nothing from the,UN..

They are anti US,..anti Jewish ...And don't like,Any Christians,...they are political ...period...anything to make those they hate look bad is,fine by them...
They want power and n o nd t from us and live here at our largesse .

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#512231 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't. You take some early Father verses out of context without the broader view.
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/librar...
The Catholic church didn't START in the Middle Ages, and Catholics never did have any use for the Jews.

The Church fathers were ex-Jews that hated the Jews that in turn stayed faithful to Judaism.

The Catholics wanted and demanded all Jews to leave Judaism and be followers of the new Catholic religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?

The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#512232 Feb 5, 2014
The roman catholic church leaders allowed the rape of thousands of innocent children as stated by the committee from the UNITED NATIONS today.....

some excerpts from the committee report.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/vatican-slammed-...

The Vatican "systematically" adopted policies that allowed priests to rape and molest tens of thousands of children over decades, a UN human rights committee said Wednesday, urging the Holy See to open its files on pedophiles and bishops who concealed their crimes.

.....In a devastating report hailed by abuse victims, the UN committee severely criticized the Holy See for its attitudes toward homosexuality, contraception and abortion and said it should change its own canon law to ensure children's rights and their access to health care are guaranteed.

......'Code of silence'

In its report, the committee blasted the "code of silence" that has long been used to keep victims quiet, saying the Holy See had "systematically placed preservation of the reputation of the church and the alleged offender over the protection of child victims." It called on the Holy See to provide compensation to victims and hold accountable not just the abusers, but also those who covered up their crimes.

I have been stating this on this forum for over 5 years, and most catholics had the gall to criticized me. Its worse than I thought.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#512233 Feb 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, LTM "are no exception" when it comes to "standing before God on judgment day,
You self-proclaimed lovers of supposed truth can never utter a kind to each other. Threats of a god's punishment is all you ever preach at each other.

For shame!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#512234 Feb 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Will the UN criticized the Muslims for honor killings? No they will not, for fear of getting blown up. They want the Church to be more tolerant of homosexuals, are they not ( homosexuals ) the ones that molest boys?
Plenty has been done to prevent it from happening again.
Pope B16 defrocked priest
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4618932
........and you are concerned about Muslims!

From CBC newsworld. February 5 2014

..........The Vatican "systematically" adopted policies that allowed priests to rape and molest tens of thousands of children over decades, a UN human rights committee said Wednesday, urging the Holy See to open its files on pedophiles and bishops who concealed their crimes.

In a devastating report hailed by abuse victims, the UN committee severely criticized the Holy See for its attitudes toward homosexuality, contraception and abortion and said it should change its own canon law to ensure children's rights and their access to health care are guaranteed.

The Vatican promptly objected and its UN ambassador accused the committee of having betrayed the international body's own objectives by allowing itself to be swayed by pro-gay ideologues. He said it appeared the committee simply hadn't listened when the Holy See outlined all the measures it has taken to protect children.

How Pope Francis is reshaping the Vatican
Pope Francis calls abortion 'horrific'
The report, which took the Vatican by surprise in its harsh tone, puts renewed pressure on Pope Francis to move decisively on the abuse front and make good on pledges to create a Vatican commission to study sex abuse and recommend best practices to fight it. The commission was announced in December, but few details have been released since then.

The committee issued its recommendations after subjecting the Holy See to a daylong interrogation last month on its implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the key UN treaty on child protection, which the Holy See ratified in 1990.

Critically, the committee rejected the Vatican's longstanding argument that it doesn't control bishops or their abusive priests, saying the Holy See was responsible for implementing the treaty not just in the Vatican City State but around the world "as the supreme power of the Catholic Church through individuals and institutions placed under its authority."

'Code of silence'

In its report, the committee blasted the "code of silence" that has long been used to keep victims quiet, saying the Holy See had "systematically placed preservation of the reputation of the church and the alleged offender over the protection of child victims." It called on the Holy See to provide compensation to victims and hold accountable not just the abusers, but also those who covered up their crimes.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/vatican-slammed-...

The church is against the ropes, and its at the tipping point.

What will catholics NOW think of their beloved leaders?

Last one out of church, blow out the candles.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#512235 Feb 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
"The Committee also charged the Church with contributing to violence against homosexuals:
Protestants were the first Christians in America and created the rule that homosexuals must be put to death because the bible "said" that homosexuality offended God.

I suggest you check in your mirror and you will see the ugly truth of your own religion.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#512236 Feb 5, 2014
A long awaited day for the victims of abuse. Sad of the thousands who have died over the years never getting the justice they rightfully deserved.

Pope Francis better show his stuff now!!. He has to adapt change to these UN proposals or go down as just another yes man in the history of church leaders.

Catholic followers are now seeing the full scope of what has really been going on.

Not a good day to be catholic. The trust is gone! and its the leaders OWN DAMN FAULT!!
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512237 Feb 5, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of my classmates,including me ..around fourth grade wanted to be,like the Little,Flower ...our heroes are who we learn about ..not necessarily curriculum..just what the n u 's,spoke,of ..the Saints,d a us,we celebrated...I think the other half wanted to be BERNADETTE ....we saw a,movie..I think..
I also thought only the RCC could make Saints....when I was in school ...again..I have no idea what they teach kids,today ....or what stories the kids,hear ......I know it's,different
Why do you think it's different, it's not, my kids learned a lot about Sts. Theresa and Bernadette. Nothing has changed except we don't have the nun's but we are getting many more nocices. We have a group of nuns here in my diocese and we are greatfully blessed. You are mistaking what happened in Vatican II. Vatican II was about reaching the people, becoming more of an outword religion, this is why we have the priests facing the people. We have english or the native language now. The nuns and priests leaving are from misunderstanding, securalism not following church teachings. These nuns who left are misguided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Fri pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••