Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653802 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Husker

Falls City, NE

#512463 Feb 6, 2014
Holy See's Response to UN Committee on the Rights of the Child Recommendations

VATICAN CITY, February 05, 2014 ( Zenit.org )- Here is the translation of the Holy See's response to the observations and recommendations released today by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.

The end of its 65th session, the Committee on the Rights of the Child has published its Concluding Observations on the reviewed Reports of the Holy See and five States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of the Child (Congo, Germany, Portugal, Russian Federation and Yemen).

According to the proper procedures forseen for the parties to the Convention, the Holy See takes note of the Concluding Observations on its Reports, which will be submitted to a thorough study and examination, in full respect of the Convention in the different areas presented by the Committee according to international law and practice, as well as taking into consideration the public interactive debate with the Committee, held on 16 January 2014.

The Holy See does, however, regret to see in some points of the Concluding Observations an attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching on the dignity of human person and in the exercise of religious freedom.

The Holy See reiterates its commitment to defending and protecting the rights of the child, in line with the principles promoted by the Convention on the Rights of the Child and according to the moral and religious values offered by Catholic doctrine.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#512464 Feb 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"and as I said before, I wouldn't allow my children to even step foot on the property of such indolent perverted ingrates."
And again, the fact that you feel this way about a Catholic Church when statistically they would be in more danger almost anywhere else is further confirmation of your huge axe.
If I was made aware that my grandson's school was abetting pedophiles, he would be out of there in a heartbeat.
It is what it is.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512465 Feb 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics claim they are the universal church. Catholics boast of the charity work some of the followers do (most don't) catholics boast that they help those in need. I have seen it.
Just last week the diocese of Helena Montana filed for bankruptcy. The 11th diocese in america to file bankruptcy since 2003. 11/194. Same reason as the others, as a result of SYSTEMATIC, scandals, coverups, lies, deceit, court costs, etc.
If the church claims to be helpers of those in need, why don't surrounding dioceses take up special collections to help those dioceses that have fallen on hard times? They don't. I would believe dioceses that are immediately north, east, west and south would be chipping in to help Helena. Nope! they are on their own. Too bad for you Jack. We only help others but not our own.
Unions on the other hand help each other when in need. When 911 occured firefighter, police, EMS and other charities all around america kicked in to support the families of those with loses in that tragedy.
Helena Montana, sorry! your on your own.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Roman+Cat...
Get help. I think we as Catholics need to really pray for you and let's ignore what he posts. He wants to get a rise out of us. He is so hate filled and obsessed by his hatred , we need to maybe realize there is something going on here that is not normal. the world is hearing about all sorts of demonic possesions lately and exorcisms are way up.. One sign of possesion is obsessiveness .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#512466 Feb 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The UN is one of the most hypocritical and corrupt legislative bodies in the world.
I watched the lady on the Kelly file last night.

IMO ..it seemed,your Church does have,things in place to train people now..which makes,me,fell better for my boys,in CATHOLic school to be honest.

You are the biggest target and most long running....the RCC
You have an old guard ...they do not accept change...And,May or may not be afraid because,
Of helping cover up...so every story brings,out more rebukes.

Now,these,hypocrites in the,UN are involved to get a,household in the Church.

FRANCIS,has,the,ears,of the,press..IMO..he needs,to be specific about exactly what has,been done...And get these,old guys,and lawyers,to be transparent as,much as,that may hurt...

And yes,I KNOW,it's,in other CHURCHES...But you guys,are,more,visible ...that's,a fact...And the biggest target for those who hate GOD ...hate
Any organization that tells them it's,not right to kill babies...etc...

Every Church should clean itself...And these,awful molesters will bring down God's,boys,in the world view...NO ONE,SHOULD gloat on this.

Anyone who thinks,UN policing is,a,good thing about ANYTHing ..should be very careful..

As the,poem said

FIRST THEY came for others ...then others...then me...And no one was,left to defend me...

It's as,true today as it was in Germany
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512467 Feb 6, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was made aware that my grandson's school was abetting pedophiles, he would be out of there in a heartbeat.
It is what it is.
Why don't you go and look up and see what the Church is doing to stop pedo's? Ask the superintendent about the policy the Church has on the subject instead of going to anti Catholic web sites and going with their opinion.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#512468 Feb 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
How many catholic priests around the world serving in thousands of dioceses had knowledge of what was really going on behind the scenes that the UN committee reported today?
LOTS!!
Its time to clean house from the top to the bottom.
I have been reading many comments from catholics and non catholics today from several news sources and many catholics seemed surprised at the scope of the scandal. Many believed it was more local than worldwide. Many felt betrayed (and rightfully so) many very angry.
This is like a BOMB SHELL hitting grass house.
97.5% maybe? But what could they do?

Priests knew how the Vatican directed Bishops to handle credible claims for decades.

This was all a quiet secret and Priests were used to it. If they objected, they would have been going against an entrenched attitude.

Now Pope Benedict lives out his life in a gay community of Rome. No one is trying to hide it. The faithful are left to deny it.(Then it takes a turn to the disgusting.)

My God has never fostered abuse, torture, or murder of its creation.

Ramen
Husker

Falls City, NE

#512469 Feb 6, 2014
Hey everyone! A story on Novenas! http://spiritdaily.com/novenas.htm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#512470 Feb 6, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> So when someone goes "too far" asking question about sex abuse in a church, he has to be concerned that he will be tagged a sexual offender.Or having a sexual problem?
Agree..as,I said..

Why Michael is,so concerned on this...to post o n it every day...is,his own reason.

And,Catholics,are,upset themselves,on this..the press,loves it.
And non Catholics,should not be complacent either or cheer on the politicians..

This,is,an ABOMINATION by men But we all know,it's,part of the work of the Evil One against GODS,people...the name of Jesus...And anything holy....they ALLL in every walk of life...every Church ...belong locked up if they touched a child ..period...

Politicians,and the UN use,it as,fodder..those horrid men s,sins hurt every person who loves,God...

But calling Michael names and wishing awful Things,done to Him ...is not any kind of solution and most certainly reflects,badly ...

Orlando, FL

#512471 Feb 6, 2014
There was much more to the UN Report than criticism of the CC's stance on contraception and abortion.

Hello? The systematic abuse of tens of thousands of children, with the CC's prime concern being the welfare of the CC.

This makes it very, very difficult to maintain the "only church" delusion.

Imagine having to excuse the cover-up of child sex abuse in order to maintain the awkward delusion that your church is the only one Jesus wants and guides.

There is no excuse and no way, period.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#512472 Feb 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry the rotting perverted cult is being exposed as the worst of offendors is what you have been saying. This thread is not about the subject of abuse, however you and your fellow blowhards are trying to make it that way. The church publishes quarterly reports and financed Independent Investigations and instuted many new policies, training and prevention programs which you refer to as secret documents. ;0 It is not common decency nor is it in the best interest of children to foment hatred, bias leading others to believe that it is a Catholic issue. Furthemore if you wish to present the UN as credible aiming at one organization in face of the alarming facts of abuse including coutnries with no child protection laws and child trafficking feel free, but dont lecture on common decency.
You support common decency? LOL It is easy to play Monday morning quarterback and in hindsight demand that people be prosecuted for things which no law previously existed.such as people who knew abuses took place, but did nothing or had no guideline or experience on how to best handle a matter. Oddly enough not all the people who knew at Penn State suffered any conequence. I guess that means that it never happened to anyone before anywhere right? What about those psychologists who said they were able to reenter? The church was in many cases doing what the secular courts did. No time was served they were sent for treatement released and did it again. Who should be sued for that? Why should not all churches, schools and govts be raided and records reviewed. Gee, I wonder if Insurance companies who insure organizations and fight lawsuits know anything.
No, you don't really want transparency, you just want to smear the church and single it out rather than a broader application and programs in place for the many many who are still doing absolutely nothing to address it. You self righteous insufferable moron. Yeah, everyone has the greatest admiration and respect for you and experience sleepless nights hoping for your approval.. lol The moment you opened your mouth nothing but vomit has come out. When there is a policy to go after everyone with equal vigor with the same standard applied then that would be fair.
As it stands its a witch hunt pure and simple. Lawyers are interested in the money and that is where they go. They are not interested in some little church with no money or insurance, nor are they the major instrument in advancing prevention programs. SNAP supposedly against all focuses almost exclusively on the Catholic Church, while having been found to cover up abusers. Transparency? Still posting priests which were found not guilty in the court of law and plastering pictures of dead priests, demanding lifting of statute of limitations on the church which voluntarily doubled the normal rate, putting priests who are merely accused not convicted on predator lists and leaving them on when found not guilty and National News every time a Catholic no matter where is accused, and without fail a comparison by the News Media to the Catholic Church whenever a scandal is found that is deemed worthy of National News. Gee, I wonder how anyone could think its a Catholic issue.
Perhaps you have reading comprehension problems. I have already stated that this is a problem all across society that needs addressed and dealt with accordingly.
The fact that your church has been found to be covering up and abetting such crimes is certainly not my fault.
It is what it is.

Orlando, FL

#512473 Feb 6, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you go and look up and see what the Church is doing to stop pedo's? Ask the superintendent about the policy the Church has on the subject instead of going to anti Catholic web sites and going with their opinion.
Bravo for the CC finally taking this matter seriously.

Maybe the issue is not that the CC is no worse than other denominations, but the fact that the cover-up existed for so long on a worldwide scale -- which certainly calls into question the one-true claim - in real world terms.

The world's conscience forced the CC to take action, NOT any superior Vatican morality.

All the denials and attacks on the American media proved to be wrong and profoundly unethical.

A one-true church should have been a moral and ethical leader in such matters, not obstructing justice for abuse children. Otherwise, if the one-true claim were true, Jesus would be a very creepy god indeed.
Michael

Canada

#512474 Feb 6, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You call my post perverted? do you even know what I posted? Michael is compulsive obsessive about molesting ,. doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. He is hatefilled. He only goes after the Catholic church when other orginazations have a much more bigger problem with pedophilia. He should be looking at the public schools, protestant schools, actors and actresses local mentors coaches etc. There is something very evil going on, he is persacuting clergy that are innocent, never been acccused etc. He is laying out there that all Catholic priests molest at some point. That is demonic. He is infested with demons. There is a spiritualwarfare going on right now. We will win, The Blessed Virgin will crush the serpants head. That's not an opinion, that's the truth. Michael is working for the devil, sera you agree with him. Better watch it, the devil is watching you.
I will discuss anything about the catholic church. I was a practicing catholic for almost 50 years and I left like many have.

...... The topic I discuss is the biggest story in the catholic church in past 500 years. Its been all over the media for the past 10 years. It has cost the church over $3 BILLION. It has cost many catholic victims their dignity, THAT IS A BIG STORY!!!......

If something is wrong, something sinful, something covered up, I would suspect you would want to know why. Instead you defend them, and criticize anyone who posts that information that we should all know about.

If you want to post to others who only agree with you, then post to someone else.

The topix discussion:

Is the roman catholic church the one true church? I say no.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#512475 Feb 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry the rotting perverted cult is being exposed as the worst of offendors is what you have been saying. This thread is not about the subject of abuse, however you and your fellow be right? What about those psychologists who said they were able to reenter? The church was in many cases doing what the secular courts did. No time was served they were sent for treatement released and did it again. Who should be sued for that? Why should not all churches, schools and govts be raided and records reviewed. Gee, I wonder if Insurance companies who insure organizations and fight lawsuits know anything.
No, you don't really want transparency, you just want to smear the church and single it out rather than a broader application and programs in place for the many many who are still doing absolutely nothing to address it. You self righteous insufferable moron. Yeah, everyone has the greatest admiration and respect for you and experience sleepless nights hoping for your approval.. lol The moment you opened your mouth nothing but vomit has come out. When there is a policy to go after everyone with equal vigor with the same standard applied then that would be fair.
As it stands its a witch hunt pure and simple. Lawyers are interested in the money and that is where they go. They are not interested in some little church with no money or insurance, nor are they the major instrument in advancing prevention programs. SNAP supposedly against all focuses almost exclusively on the Catholic Church, while having been found to cover up abusers. Transparency? Still posting priests which were found not guilty in the court of law and plastering pictures of dead priests, demanding lifting of statute of limitations on the church which voluntarily doubled the normal rate, putting priests who are merely accused not convicted on predator lists and leaving them on when found not guilty and National News every time a Catholic no matter where is accused, and without fail a comparison by the News Media to the Catholic Church whenever a scandal is found that is deemed worthy of National News. Gee, I wonder how anyone could think its a Catholic issue.
And you think this,rot that pervaded the,Institution...for decades,...And coming out in this,climate of hatred toward Christians,is,coincidence.

It's,the work of the EVIL ONE,..using evil and foolish men...who should have stuck these,guys,in monasteries.
They are,after ANY FOOTHOLD ...to keep abortion legal...excuse their excesses...deflect from their sex trafficking...And THE R CC made it self a big target .
And n o be of us,should gloat about it ....But we also should no t call people names .

Deflection is,MORE FODDER ..can't you see that ...

I get it your mad ...But it's,a fact ...it happened.
Children were hurt and WORSE souls,lost to CHRIST ...

Thing is,..I read that website about the training NOW...I hope no further abuse happens..

It's,NOT IN THE NEWS,...no one has heard of it except those who watch decent news..

Only ONE PERSON in your Church has the ear of the press..And that is,Pope Francis ...I hope he has a, p lan for the sake of all Christians...

They want every place that has,any morals, done away with...the Scandal.is,their foothold ...And the work of the evil one .

Your Church talks,about a,calling ...so do non Catholics,....these awful.men in ANY RELIGION. May have been called ...But it WAS NOT from God...

It was to destroy the Church from within...And you folks,are,the biggest target ...

Blaming others,...saying others,ate worse,....defeats,your purpose IMO
Michael

Canada

#512476 Feb 6, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo for the CC finally taking this matter seriously.
Maybe the issue is not that the CC is no worse than other denominations, but the fact that the cover-up existed for so long on a worldwide scale -- which certainly calls into question the one-true claim - in real world terms.
The world's conscience forced the CC to take action, NOT any superior Vatican morality.
All the denials and attacks on the American media proved to be wrong and profoundly unethical.
A one-true church should have been a moral and ethical leader in such matters, not obstructing justice for abuse children. Otherwise, if the one-true claim were true, Jesus would be a very creepy god indeed.
A long time you say! How long is a long time? Try 1700 years. The roman catholic church has many canon laws, papal documents that go back to the 3rd century trying to (IN HOUSE) deal with sexually abusive clergy.

Want the facts.......translate and read the churches own documents. Click on this website, read it then click on canon laws.

http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...

.......Patrick J. Wall, a canon lawyer and world-renowned expert on the Catholic Clergy Abuse Crisis, has been a senior consultant at Manly & Stewart since 2002. A former Roman Catholic Priest and Benedictine Monk, Patrick has a bachelor's degree in philosophy and a master's of divinity degree from Saint John's University in Minnesota. In 2007, he received an LL.M in Canon Law from the Cardiff University School of Law in Wales.

........Patrick Wall, a world-renowned expert on the Catholic Clergy Abuse Crisis, has been working on behalf of victims of clergy sexual abuse since 2002. A former Roman Catholic Priest and Benedictine Monk, Wall has a bachelor’s degree in philosophy and a master’s of divinity degree from Saint John’s University in Minnesota. Wall has also pursued graduate studies at the University of Minnesota, the Gregorian University and Cardiff University in Canon Law.

..........While a practicing priest in Minnesota, Wall served as a faculty resident, member of the seminary sexual abuse response team, associate pastor, parochial administrator, defender of the bond, advocate, tribunal judge, high school instructor, member of the archdiocesan finance council, and member of the Canon Law Society of America. In these capacities, he became intimately familiar with the day-to-day operations of a parish, tribunal, religious order, and archdiocese. After working as a “fixer” in the church, dealing with the aftermath of sexual abusive priests in parishes and schools, Wall left the priesthood, finding that the only way that abuse survivors would get the help and healing they needed was outside of the church hierarchy

Orlando, FL

#512477 Feb 6, 2014
How is the worldwide child abuse cover-up NOT a part of the topic of this thread?

Dear deniers, how does "only true church" claim relate to this in terms of reason and logic in normal humans?
Michael

Canada

#512478 Feb 6, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you go and look up and see what the Church is doing to stop pedo's? Ask the superintendent about the policy the Church has on the subject instead of going to anti Catholic web sites and going with their opinion.
Come on!! The only reason your church is now acting, is because the number of cases world wide became so overwhelming the church leaders couldn't cover them up anymore. The church leaders never dialed 9-1-1 to report these crimes, the victims families did.

Quit making excuses for your church leaders. You are part of the problem.

What did I post that is not the truth?

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#512479 Feb 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You would if you were retired....
I doubt that a retired professional concerning the psychology of pedophilia would be spending time on a forum ... especially when in this case it is obvious that discussing religion is the "professional's" foremost topic.

Williams Lake, Canada

#512480 Feb 6, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> =====
That is not what a polygraph is used for.
Of course it's not ... so it's plain silly to claim that it would be used in the "treatment" of pedophiles.

Williams Lake, Canada

#512481 Feb 6, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I wholeheartedly agree. I've always said that the US should get the heck outta the U.N and get the U.N outta the U.S.
Who do you believe SHOULD be in the U.N?

:)

Williams Lake, Canada

#512482 Feb 6, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
As it stands its a witch hunt pure and simple.
Of course going after the Catholic hierarchy for pedophilia cover-ups is a sort of a witch hunt for the media and for some of the people on this forum ... but there IS one huge difference between the cover-ups concerning the pedophiles.

The Catholic hierarchy moved the priests from one parish to another, being fully aware that the priests WERE pedophiles.

In other religious organizations, such as the Protestants ... being that they would be caught in the church that they ran on their own, if word got out that they molested, no other church would hire them.

Because the Catholic hierarchy had such power in the world for all too long, they were a law unto their selves. What seemed to work for so long to their "benefit" is now working against them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 19 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web