Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688650 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#512179 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, the Church has never taught to little girls they have to be a Nun to be a Saint. That is fodder, which is cleary refuted in the recognition of Saints who were not Nuns and further the recognition of Sainthood is just that it does not preclude that the church teaches we are called to be Saints. Special recognition of some does not mean everyone else is damned. I only write this, because your above statement does not address the very misinformed and inaccurate statement of June.
........1965 in america 180,000 nuns. Today less than 57,000 nuns and rapidly dropping, not to forget 45,000 of these women who have sacrificed their entire luves to God are under investigation by the Vatican, while the Vatican itself is under investigation by the United Nations.

....The church is a real mess!

.....will the last one out please lock the door?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#512180 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, the Church has never taught to little girls they have to be a Nun to be a Saint.
Mother Teresa admitted to using money to build more convents to train up more nuns to be saints.

And she was proud of doing such "work for God."

That money was sent to her to feed starving babies ... and she watched the babies die from starvation while in her "loving" care.

Religion is nasty "business."
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#512181 Feb 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church had no rights whatsoever to make homosexuals the scapegoats for the problems of hierarchical cover-ups. NONE whatsoever!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
National Catholic Reporter
Experts reject homosexuality as risk factor
(“Neither homosexual nor heterosexual orientation is a risk factor,” they said,“but rather, disordered or confused sexual orientation is a risk factor.”)
http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/vatican -...
Sadly, my God loves all its creation, unlike convoluted Catholic god, who says OK to cover-up child abuse and blame all others.

My God is disappointed in the abusers and their excusers.

Ramen
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#512182 Feb 5, 2014
The Telltale Heart
February 5, 2014 — by David C. McCasland
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Select a Language Burmese Chinese (Traditional) Chinese (Simplified) French German Indonesian Japanese Khmer (Cambodian) Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Thai Vietnamese
Read: 1 John 3:16-24
If our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.—1 John 3:20
Bible in a Year:
Exodus 36-38; Matthew 23:1-22Recently I read about a private investigator in the US who would knock on a door, show his badge to whoever answered, and say,“I guess we don’t have to tell you why we’re here.” Many times, the person would look stunned and say,“How did you find out?” then go on to describe an undiscovered criminal act committed long ago. Writing in Smithsonian magazine, Ron Rosenbaum described the reaction as “an opening for the primal force of conscience, the telltale heart’s internal monologue.”

We all know things about ourselves that no one else knows—failures, faults, sins—that although confessed to God and forgiven by Him may come back to accuse us again and again. John, one of Jesus’ close followers, wrote about God’s love for us and the call to follow His commands, saying:“By this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things”(1 John 3:19-20).

Our confidence toward God grows out of His love and forgiveness in Christ, not our performance in life.“We know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us”(v.24).

God, who knows everything about us, is greater than our self-condemnation.

No condemnation now I dread,I am my Lord’s and He is mine;Alive in Him, my living Head,And clothed in righteousness divine.—WesleyThe one who receives Christ will never receive God’s condemnation.

Insight
Today’s reading establishes the benchmark for loving others by looking at what Jesus did for us on the cross (v.16). We know love because of the willingness of Jesus to die for us, and the necessary response to this love is that we be willing to give of ourselves for others. The context implies that this does not require a physical dying on another’s behalf. It does, however, challenge us to sacrifice our own interests for the welfare of others as evidence that we have received God’s love (v.17).
truth

Perth, Australia

#512183 Feb 5, 2014
kad netko udje u necije toilo ko inkarnator ko u holy sea or ko wolf in sheep cloth

did i bealive
noooooooooooooooooooo

your law is not my law

nooooooooooooooooooooo
what you think

paralele org.

a takoooo

Orlando, FL

#512184 Feb 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't get "carried away."
:)
Thankfully for most, the delusion is harmless and they do not harm others because of it.

Ramen
Michael

Canada

#512185 Feb 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see that your bible verse quoting-and judgmental misquoting hasn't change Confrinting!
It is the same old anti-catholic (self-opinionated and self-serving) bible only vindictive and hostile ministry that you have become so famous for on this forum . I/we as Catholics will leave the hate mongoring against our personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ (and to His One True Catholic Church to you (personally) because that is the (only reason) that you came on this forum, in the 1st place, We as Catholics ALL know that you bible only condemning ministry "cannot exist"on its own beliefs (without) attacking Jesus Christ Himself and His OneTrue Catholic Church that He gave His Apostles,disciples and true followers over 2000 years ago!!!
You, yourself, Confrinting,have proven this to be true over and over and over again on this forum!!!!!
Today the news media around the world is reporting The United Nations is blasting the vatican. Your church just can't stay out of trouble and you just keep the flame flickering.

.....last one out ring the Eucharist bells.
truth

Perth, Australia

#512186 Feb 5, 2014
nothing wrong with real religion
what is wrong who try twisted religion for what so ever

neide vam na ruku za ono sto ste naumili
vje;sta;cen;jeeeeeeeeeeee

nenavrce se olako
raskilica na kruskicu
krushna je dusa moja
sita i iskushana
do grlaaaaa tro;ubleeeeeeeeeee

dusha i kriz
dotaknesh obrise
good byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Michael

Canada

#512187 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I checked the bible said All fall short of the Glory of God. I know that doesn't include you, therfore you are the moral authority of the world. Thank You! Who knew?
I don't read the bible and most christians barely know the basics.

Maybe LTM lives a better moral life than you. That's gotta count for something
truth

Perth, Australia

#512188 Feb 5, 2014
nobody care for corupt news
nelaje cuko dzabe av av vav vau vau cau cau cdavliiii
truth

Perth, Australia

#512189 Feb 5, 2014
you want not only vatican
entire europeeeeee

beware from dogonare
or elseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

peace be with you
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#512190 Feb 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
........1965 in america 180,000 nuns. Today less than 57,000 nuns and rapidly dropping, not to forget 45,000 of these women who have sacrificed their entire luves to God are under investigation by the Vatican, while the Vatican itself is under investigation by the United Nations.
....The church is a real mess!
.....will the last one out please lock the door?
When the movie "The Song of Bernadette" appeared in movie theatres, thereafter many young women of the Catholic faith became nuns, which in turn upset a lot of Catholic mothers who did not want their daughters to become nuns.

The mothers knew that all was not what it seemed.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#512191 Feb 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Teresa admitted to using money to build more convents to train up more nuns to be saints.
And she was proud of doing such "work for God."
That money was sent to her to feed starving babies ... and she watched the babies die from starvation while in her "loving" care.
Religion is nasty "business."
Cany many do more than the work of one? Every charity organization in the world must function with a body and have the tools necessary to do so. You can feed someone for a day and watch them die, or you can teachthem to fish which is more productive. The more teachers there are the greater the force, the greater the donations, the greater the ability to help more than a few and teach them to do the same.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#512192 Feb 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read the bible and most christians barely know the basics.
The basics were ugly. Catholic church fathers taught that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.

That is why, century after century the Catholics slaughtered the Jews.

Religion was and is ... nasty "business."
truth

Perth, Australia

#512193 Feb 5, 2014
europa ce zbog takih propast i gladovat
sve krste
o yeeeeeeee

Orlando, FL

#512194 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
criticism targeted a range of perceived failures from unwarranted politicisation and ineffectual decision making to a lack of appropriate standing within the UN. The Commission was undoubtedly suffering from a severe credibility deficit which threatened to undermine the entire UN human rights system. Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, captured popular feeling towards the Commission when he described it as,“a jury that includes murderers and rapists, or a police force run in large part by suspected murderers and rapists who are determined to stymie investigation of their crimes”. 4 Primarily as a consequence of such persistent heavy criticism, in June 2006 the Commission was superseded by the Human Rights Council,(“the Council”) in an attempt to create a credible UN human rights body.
In May 2001 the Commission came under international scrutiny when the US failed to be re-elected for the first time since the body was established.
The Commission was established as a small group of only 18 members; by the end of the 20 th century it had grown to 53 members. The Council has maintained a size similar to that of the Commission with a membership of 47 states. Two conflicting ideas influenced discussions regarding the membership of the Council: smaller membership than before with strict entry requirements or a body with universal membership. Kofi Annan originally proposed a smaller council which would have taken on the role of being a guide with moral authority made up of a small number of members; with admirable human rights records, 42 which would allow more focused discussion and debate. However, the problems of establishing the membership criteria for such a body were so difficult that the proposal was considered unfeasible. A body with universal membership, as originally proposed in the High Level Panel, 43 would be much more suited to the UN, and would enable it to assume the role of a negotiating table. Arguably it is better to have human rights violators engaged in active debate and discussion than to ostracise them from the international community. In the end, General Assembly President Jan Eliasson proposed a compromise whereby the Council would remain fairly large, at 47 members, but each state running for election would have its human rights records assessed.
My suggestion is that that UN place a condemnation on every country in the world. Establish a universal policy of action to deal with offendors and within countries which do not recognize it as a crime.
http://www.surjournal.org/eng/conteudos/getAr...
More excuses and denial. No choice either. You're painted into a corner.

The Vatican claims to be the only church of Jesus, yet reality says it is -- as you point out -- no worse than some of the worst tyrants on the planet.

No better and no worse. Just ordinary when it comes to morals and ethics.(The EU banking commission might argue that.)

But the point is -- the Vatican is certainly no shining beacon of morality, ethics, and virtue.

The cat is out of the bag (again). So much for perfect teachings. Good luck with the CC delusion.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#512195 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I checked the bible said All fall short of the Glory of God. I know that doesn't include you, therfore you are the moral authority of the world. Thank You! Who knew?
Yeah, we all fall short of the glory of God.

I lay no claim to being the Vicar of Christ, your Holy See does.
He is responsible for leading millions of people to Christ.
He alone is rsponsible for the sins committed against the weak and helpless.
He can't wash his hands of the matter, because he knew what was going on and choose to cover it up, even allowing it to continue .
"I AM NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT SEX ABUSE ON CHILDREN, I AM TALKING ABOUT LYING, STEALING, MURDER ,COVANTING, ADULTERY, ETC. ETC. ETC.
HAVE YOU CATHOLIC'S EVEN READ THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.ALL THIS COMMITTED BY YOUR CHURCH FROM ONE GENERATION TO ANOTHER.
IT IS STILL GOING ON IN THIS CENTRARY.
THE WHORE OF BABYLON CALLING IT SELF THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST.
INNOCENT BLOOD ISN'T JUST ON HIS HANDS HE IS DROWNING IN IT.
IT IS THE TRUE CHURCH OF THE ANTI-CHRIST, THE GATES OF HELL STARTS .
AT THE SEAT THE ANTI-CHRIST SITS ON.

THERE HAVE BEEN MANY ANTI-CHRISTS THAT HAVE COME AND GONE BUT BELIEVE ME EVERYONE WILL STANDED BEFORE GOD ON JUDGEMENT DAY.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#512196 Feb 5, 2014
It was not by chance that many Catholic mothers referred to abortions as "making angels."

They knew what occurred behind closed doors, as did the nuns!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following………

Twenty-six U.S. nuns from fifteen orders sign a pro-choice declaration in the New York Times. Most are subsequently harassed by the church to retract, and some resign from their orders.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#512197 Feb 5, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, the Church has never taught to little girls they have to be a Nun to be a Saint. That is fodder, which is cleary refuted in the recognition of Saints who were not Nuns and further the recognition of Sainthood is just that it does not preclude that the church teaches we are called to be Saints. Special recognition of some does not mean everyone else is damned. I only write this, because your above statement does not address the very misinformed and inaccurate statement of June.
Thanks Dust Storm for the clarification! June's comment seemed untrue anyway, but it is a well known fact that anti-Catholics will say or do "anything" in order to keep their hostile and vindictive attacks "heated up" against the Catholic Church!!!! It's to be
expected because this hostility and hatred has been going on for over 450 years since the reformation!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#512198 Feb 5, 2014
sta vidish pro;djevo
nema nikog
ja i niko vishe
samaaa nigdje nikog
tamaaaaaaaaaa

nigdi zive dushe
nikog

no moon no sun no stars

pishi mi djevo
pro;djevo
molim tebe evo
koliko te moje srce ljubi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web