Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,404
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Sherlayne

High Bridge, NJ

#511844 Feb 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Vatican never said that. Whoever wrote the title of this forum added "Roman" in it. The Vatican said "Catholic Church". This statement doesn't only include the diocese of Rome. There are millions of eastern rite Catholics who are not Roman or Latin Catholic.
For example, the Malankarese Catholics who practice the Antiochean rite, hail from southern India and were founded by the Apostle Thomas, are a part of the true Church, but you couldn't call them "Roman Catholic" because they are not.
Hi Liam,

Thanks for the correction and explanation. I appreciate it :)
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#511845 Feb 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.
Mark Twain
- What is Man?
True.Speaking as one struck dumb by your grace.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#511846 Feb 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy. It's called theological word-manipulation.
Just as easy as YOU have manipulated my heart.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#511847 Feb 4, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't Black Heart understand that I never posted on some forum for months when I never did making all kinds of false accusations? Why can't you understand that he made false accusations against Regina and encouraged by you and your husband? Why can't you understand that you bring nothing of value here only drama?
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> Read your husbands posts.
You - Hermi's??
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> You have more than one husband?
Your Response:
according to you I do...lol
With your history of deception, cluelessness, spite, and lack of intelligence which exposed you and Herme in the past, it's not hard that someone would believe you are doing it. I do believe that you share a depravity equal to your foul mouthed, lying pagan and people with no honesty, ingegrity or scruples. I see you feel the need to continue your drama festival of poor me while you continually demonstrate that you enjoy wallowing in the mud.
I could care less what board they were on. If you have an issue with Husker then take it up with Husker and dont drag the rest of us in your pig pen.
That's exactly what I was responding to husker until you butted in with this post. Husker is the one claiming that Thunder is Nick so when she said go ask your husband I responded with which one....as a joke. You don't like Nick or myself because we don't agree with you catholics on a lot of things... so just leave it at that. it is you all that are everything that you claim Nick and I are. Scroll back and read what you post to us that are on a personal level and have nothing to do with either of our churches....I have responded to husker and it was you that choose to respond to me with again more insults. So if you don't mind I am trying to leave the rest of you out of it as you say but you refuse to stay out. My present comments to husker is trying to convince her that Thunder is a different person than myself or nick. How do you know what is a false accusation or not? How do you know if nick or I said anything to anybody? Would you stake you soul on this knowledge? Our friendship with Thunder is none of your business and his so called foul mouth that you claim he has only matches yours. WE are not responsible for what Thunder post as much as you are responsible for what husker or any other poster post.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511848 Feb 4, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Just as easy as YOU have manipulated my heart.
Gearing up for Valentine's Day, are you? lol...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#511849 Feb 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of which (and not to belabor the point)....post #511720 is no more. It has gone bye-bye. Just to refresh people's memories, it was one of many abusive diatribes by their beloved Blackbird where he took his focus off me for a change and verbally beat up Husker with another one of his famous "pig" posts. If they get many more complaints about him, I imagine Topix will do the same to his I.D. One can only hope since he's another drama queen.
In other news....thank you for the link on dispensationalism. I thought it was a good explanation and I've bookmarked it for future reference.
The post taunting Nick is,gone also ...thank God ...

I'll repeat what I said to DUST .

None,of us,are spring chickens.....one day that infirmity that is,mocked May be ours...we are,all d u s t and get older each day..can no one walk in another's,shoes ...have empathy...that's, my point

Indifference between the two possibly s test,one is,a,believer..
Is,it foolish to think believers,are watched by non believers .
Paul I believe t a right of the,APPEARANCE of s I n ...he,said this,to believers,in Christ ....

If a,non believer thinks,badly about the behaviour of s believer....how does,Christ see that...

We are witnesses ...maybe we disagree ...that's not the point either ...it's,our behaviour ...

Just a thought Regina...for us,all.

You want to disagree with someone about theology...that's,what this board is,for .

Take personal.nasty swipes that's,a whole different Story ..IMO....And makes us,all look bad
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#511850 Feb 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sent you a note.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#511851 Feb 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I left religion, and you are just angry that when I left my own religious oriented domain that I didn't join yours.
It ain't gonna happen ... no matter how much you portray my flavor of Atheism as a religion.
you're actually not breaking my heart by insisitng on your empty religion, but I'm sure that God is disapointed to lose you as His daughter....
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511852 Feb 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of which (and not to belabor the point)....post #511720 is no more. It has gone bye-bye. Just to refresh people's memories, it was one of many abusive diatribes by their beloved Blackbird where he took his focus off me for a change and verbally beat up Husker with another one of his famous "pig" posts. If they get many more complaints about him, I imagine Topix will do the same to his I.D. One can only hope since he's another drama queen.
In other news....thank you for the link on dispensationalism. I thought it was a good explanation and I've bookmarked it for future reference.
that is good news, no, great news. I noticed several posts gone this morning:) I don't think the bird is a man though, i was on the abortion forum and the pro aborts called me *nit* thunder did the same thing and the majority of posters were women supposedly. And I noticed the bird has flew the coop so far. I would like to point out more religious subjects on here like the link I posted about the Pope. have a nice day.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511853 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
None,of us,are spring chickens.....one day that infirmity that is,mocked May be ours...we are,all d u s t and get older each day..can no one walk in another's,shoes ...have empathy...that's, my point
Paul I believe t a right of the,APPEARANCE of s I n ...he,said this,to believers,in Christ ....
If a,non believer thinks,badly about the behaviour of s believer....how does,Christ see that...
We are witnesses ...maybe we disagree ...that's not the point either ...it's,our behaviour ...
You want to disagree with someone about theology...that's,what this board is,for .
Take personal.nasty swipes that's,a whole different Story ..IMO....And makes us,all look bad
ah, no it's not.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#511854 Feb 4, 2014
Tiger Lily wrote:
GRACE IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE LAW
Would that be the "grace" of hell, or the "law" of hell for those who refuse to believe in a creator???

Religious idiocy will get you nowhere but to more idiocy.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511855 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one admired their analytical skills, nor garnered anyone's respect...in a very *Personal* way. Now did they? Just a thought, Rose...for us all.

Btw, you never did let us know your thoughts on "retroactive abortion". Somehow you managed to let that one slide...among others. Another thought...for a select few.

Onto other topics.....hope you're enjoying some decent weather down there. We're due for freezing rain tonight, but I'll take it over Florida any day.

Peace.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#511856 Feb 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You thank "God" for the strangest reasons.

I suggest you should be begging forgiveness from his highness for not using his real name which is Jewish through and through.

tongue in cheek

Fraser Lake, Canada

#511857 Feb 4, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're actually not breaking my heart by insisitng on your empty religion, but I'm sure that God is disapointed to lose you as His daughter....
Do you think (by a far stretch of imagination) that a creator exists for the divine purpose of always agreeing with you???

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#511859 Feb 4, 2014
I suggest that all the many names for the supposed gods of the Jews, indicates that before they became monotheists, they were indeed polytheists.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot

2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_ ...
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#511860 Feb 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea...June's mad at me cause I bested her last month on something I can't remember.,so a little love goes a long way.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#511861 Feb 4, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Topix is coming to take you away too.
until, they catch me cussing(which I don't do) they wont bother me. you have much more to fear from topix than I ever will.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#511862 Feb 4, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace.
REALLY???

Since when?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#511863 Feb 4, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been on your pro abortion forum bozo.
And i don't need sock puppets...nor greyboxing. Not everyone is as devious as you imagine.
You seem to refer to others who disagree with you as sociopaths.

Just for the record, are you also a devious sociopath???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#511864 Feb 4, 2014
REALITY
We all claim to be Christians.Yet the balance is 3 posts re Christ and 24 posts re attacking each other, calling names,boasting re the rightness of our faith and the inferiority of others faith.

Posters revel in their facility to string the worse insults together.Little theology is presented besides slanted web sites.

Dog pack loyalty and mentality prevails. No one ever disagrees with their "pack"

Posters here fight to one up each other like they are fighting for their lives.

Posters fight like animals for their ego.

This a computer world- not real.People get lost in it and such intensity with people they never met and never will meet.

Posters use this blog to feed their ego rather than Christianity-prayer following Christ, loving God etc.

Christians??? No one will see it here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Cultastic 8,719
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 4 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web