Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 574,378
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511624 Feb 3, 2014
until you had to re-wear your filthy underwear...........

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511625 Feb 3, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Cor 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God,!!!
Then I suggest you start accepting that within your theology the spirit of god is half good and half evil ... and that you take the evil portion for your self ... just for a change of pace.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Isaiah 45:7 RHE
Douay-Rheims

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#511626 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suggest you start accepting that within your theology the spirit of god is half good and half evil ... and that you take the evil portion for your self ... just for a change of pace.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Douay-Rheims
I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things.
1 Cor 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Thanks Grams

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511627 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Just ask Preston. He knows everything....
Awww now I suggest that you don't pretend to be humble at this late date, especially after claiming that you jumped from Protestantism into Catholicism as being the better "option" for you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#511628 Feb 3, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Cor 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
Thanks Grams
Are you a natural person?

What exactly is the meaning of "natural" as it is used in this passage?

To me it basically says:

"The human (natural person) does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him......etc....etc....."

The passage speaks that spiritual things are not known to humans. One must be Spirit in order to acknowledge and understand them.

So back to my original questions......

"Are you a natural person?"

"What exactly is the meaning of "natural" as it is used in this passage?"

Thanks for posting!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#511629 Feb 3, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a natural person?
What exactly is the meaning of "natural" as it is used in this passage?
To me it basically says:
"The human (natural person) does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him......etc....etc....."
The passage speaks that spiritual things are not known to humans. One must be Spirit in order to acknowledge and understand them.
So back to my original questions......
"Are you a natural person?"
"What exactly is the meaning of "natural" as it is used in this passage?"
Thanks for posting!
You know...people like you and June.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511630 Feb 3, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's you and I play "throw the scripture" at each other.

You can play the evil part of the Lord, and I'll play the holy part. Won't that be FUN?

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Douay-Rheims

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#511631 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And then again if they started discussing who knows the religious truth, they might bring out their guns and go at it as they still do today in other countries of the world ... all in the name of LOVE of course.
June

But if these three clergy people were very, very religious, then they wouldn't have to say a thing...."Silence is golden.", they were not James Bond, "Man with a Golden Gun.", going around the world....

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511632 Feb 3, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know...people like you and June.
Do you mean holy people?

You are almost being as gracious as the evil side of your Lord when according to the Catholic church-fathers Jesus claimed that all who wanted to be saved MUST be of the Catholic faith.

:)

Location hidden

#511633 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that if the washing machine was not working, and the dirty clothes piled up under you had to re-wear your filthy underwear ... meditation would not BE on your list, or even close to being on your list of things to do and in what order to do them.
June
Hand washing clothes is a time honored chore....

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511634 Feb 3, 2014
Imagine a Jew claiming that all who want to be saved must be of the Catholic faith.

Now that is humorous in deed!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511635 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
But if these three clergy people were very, very religious, then they wouldn't have to say a thing...."Silence is golden.", they were not James Bond, "Man with a Golden Gun.", going around the world....
Preachers believe it is their duty to preach. You should know ... the Jew-hating golden-tongued John Chrysostom being one of your favorites.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511636 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Hand washing clothes is a time honored chore....
I suggest that women who had to and have to walk the walk wouldn't agree with you, as you preach from your easy chair such nonsensical gibberish.

Location hidden

#511637 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww now I suggest that you don't pretend to be humble at this late date, especially after claiming that you jumped from Protestantism into Catholicism as being the better "option" for you.
June

But Preacher Preston considers me the MOST ignorant Christian. That entitles me to some humility....

The Protestants won't talk with me anymore. And Catholics think I am just not in line.

It makes me happy, no pretense. Just free to walk the mountains with God.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511638 Feb 3, 2014
My mother was one happy women to finally get a wringer-washer so she could stop scrubbing clothes on the scrub board.

She knew that the supposed dreamed-of "good old days" were actually not so good at all ... not for women, or for men who had to labor from early morning to late night simply to survive..

Location hidden

#511639 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers believe it is their duty to preach. You should know ... the Jew-hating golden-tongued John Chrysostom being one of your favorites.
June

I sometimes wonder if a preacher believes it is their duty, right, or obligation to preach.

I think the best preachers bring their humanity, and not their ideas. When a preacher thinks, they get caught in their own sense of reality..., and try to project it to the crowd. So I could not be a preacher....

John C...., What do I think about him? Not a whole lot, because I know so little about him.
Just a few random bits of writing by him....So he can't be a "favorite"....

Location hidden

#511640 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
My mother was one happy women to finally get a wringer-washer so she could stop scrubbing clothes on the scrub board.
She knew that the supposed dreamed-of "good old days" were actually not so good at all ... not for women, or for men who had to labor from early morning to late night simply to survive..
June

I don't see any scrub boards around! Those dog-on modern conveniences....What will they thik of next?

Boiling, and knuckle-grinding the wash was the "good ole days"....

Location hidden

#511641 Feb 3, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think a man "called of God" would believe and live by the Word of whom called him!!!!
Philippians 4:6-7 NLT - Don't worry about anything; instead,
4 Reasons Not to Worry - What Does the Bible Say About Worry? Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace,...
OH!! shut up, oxbore.

where in my post did I say that I was worried, jerk.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#511642 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
But Preacher Preston considers me the MOST ignorant Christian. That entitles me to some humility....
The Protestants won't talk with me anymore. And Catholics think I am just not in line.
It makes me happy, no pretense. Just free to walk the mountains with God.
Haven't seen anything out of line Robert, but "who am I to judge?"....I for one am very fond of your humble and thoughtful posts.

Location hidden

#511643 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Just ask Preston. He knows everything....
much more than you ole fellow, much more than you.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 5 hr david 31
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 13 hr Islam Forbids 5
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... 19 hr swedenforever 11
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 21 hr Scales Off 8,913
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web