Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595664 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511544 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
My washer broke down after 20 years and I got a new one, during the summer.....So who makes the best ones now, the Christians, Muslims, or the Jews, the Tao...,Probably the Chinese, since they manufacture everything in the U.S., called the I Ching..., now....Just hope it outlasts me It will be a matter of luck don't you think?
I suggest that you pray fervently to one or another image of a god that in the future your washing machine and your brain-cells will give you nothing but peace.

You seem to believe that being a Catholic will give you the satisfaction now and in the supposed hereafter that you HIGHLYdeserve.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#511546 Feb 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestant bible only fundies "continue to criticize, judge and condemn our Catholic faith, the one true church of Jesus Christ and our personal faith and salvation in Our Lord as they have
done since the reformation,(calling us non- Christian)--------and so------according to you as well as other vindictive, hostile and hatefilled anti-catholic fundies, we as Catholics are suppose to (do nothing) and "put up with these personal attacks against our faith and our Catholic Church!!!!!!!!! Sorry to disappoint you but as a former (half-truth-truth,half-heresy) bible only Protestant, I have no intension of sitting "idly. and passively listening to this Protestant Propaganda that has corrupted your minds, hearts, and souls!!!!!!! We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and if you can't understand and comprehend this, then "God help your distorted, confused and twisted (again) minds hearts and souls!!!!!
Children would be much better educated, informed, and tolerant towards others if we all learned about the many religious beliefs, even ancient mythologies, and about non religious believers. We should take our children to many different places of worship so their minds developed objectively, not subjectively as they are now.

Catholics have a built in fear and hate twards others as you so often post. Get our children out of the bubble wrap and parents lose the arrogance and ignorance towards others. Our children would become better citizens of society if we teach them abour everyone and allow them to make THEIR Own belief based on what they discover, not what parents want them to become, just like then.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511547 Feb 3, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you arrive at that?
Who said my God is all-loving? I only said my God loved you.
Calm down and think about what is posted before you reply.
Keep it up and my God won't care, dang it.
But if I had an angry god like in the Bible, you'd be toast. A good reason to convert :o)
You can tell your God that because it created non-human animals to suffer long before it stooped so low as to create humans that also must suffer ... that it can take its pasta and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511549 Feb 3, 2014
socci wrote:
The Roman Church's 'virgin may' vs Mary the mother of Jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KyCcskXSQ8QXX
Jesus and Mary ... the Catholic mother and son that abandoned the Jews as though they were evil for practicing their own religion.

It's comparable to saying that pope Leo Xth and the Catholics were evil for not following Martin Luther into Protestantism.

Religion is an ongoing sick joke.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511550 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn the ancient symbols. They had/have "images" for everything.
According to you, if I learn the symbols that satiate your whims, would I then be on my way to learning what you refer to as "knowledge???"

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511551 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>That is what you do when you vote, go to the doctor, and hire a plumber isn't it?
Here is another ancient proverb:
-- Know the world in yourself. Never look for yourself in the world, for this would be to project your illusion
I suggest your illusion is that you have attained HIGH knowledge ... and that arrogance lives in you by your own invitation.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511552 Feb 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
There were 3 clerics sitting on a park bench, one a Rabbi, one a Christian, one a Muslim.
A passerby was curious and asked all three of them, "How do I get to heaven?"
They all answered keep on walking, we don't want any trouble around here....
The only way a Rabbi, a Christian and a Muslim would be peaceful with each other is if they discussed the weather. Once they started to discuss who owned the one and only truth, they would part ways, or want to kill each other.

For instance, Jews and Muslims don't believe they go to Christian "heaven" or to Christian "hell." That is YOUR Catholic terminology that I suggest would instantly insult a Jew or a Muslim.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511553 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell your God that because it created non-human animals to suffer long before it stooped so low as to create humans that also must suffer ... that it can take its pasta and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.
Have you read the entirety of the FSM bible? It is free in pdf form for any who wish to.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511555 Feb 3, 2014
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
And it took how many centuries for the Church to interpret what Jesus said and the meaning of what Christ said
It's not easy to create myths and try to make believable.

To claim that a god in the sky impregnated a women on earth is to ask humans to stretch their imaginations WAY beyond what should be any limits whatsoever.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#511556 Feb 3, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! So you are sera, it worked, I knew bringing up his illness would make you extremely upset, so I also knew black thunder was either sera or her husband, both probably use the name. You got played big time.
Husker, I would ask that you refrain from this vindictive and mean-spirited behavior and take a more charitable approach when dealing with people here. It is not productive and in my opinion casts a negative light on Christ and His Church. We are all guilty of this at one time or another, but please take some time to examine your conscience.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511557 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion was related to the meaning of a particular passage in the scripture. I guess you missed that huh?
Jesus "turning" on the Jews is just a poorly constructed supposition of yourself and many others' part, who jump to conclusion without evidence.
Here's another ancient Egyptian proverb that is fitting:
- A man can't be judge of his neighbor' intelligence. His own vital experience is never his neighbor's.
As the song goes: "Still a man he see's what he wants to see, and disregards the rest...la, la, la".....
So you believe that a god in the sky impregnated a virgin on earth and Jesus came out of Mary's womb to in turn be a teacher of truth???

Do you believe he was a Jewish Rabbi, who then decided to teach a religion that is now atoned to exactly what you believe is truth???

Are you fool enough to believe that nonsense, and at the same time believe you have indeed attained HIGH knowledge???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511558 Feb 3, 2014
<quoted text>==========
So Our Savior, the Son of God couldnt have just made it crystal clear that Peter was to be head of the Church as well as his successors. Instead he had Peter role play it and we had to figure it out.
Catholics compiled the new testament, and they never made anything crystal clear, simply because the Catholic authors couldn't agree on the words and actions to put in the Jesus-character they created.

Jesus supposedly was a Catholic when he died on the cross. But that would mean that Elohim was in Catholic heaven ... waiting for Jesus to return ... which would be very difficult, as Elohim (according to the Jews) resides ONLY in Olam Haba.

So who created Christian heaven for Jesus to go to after he died. WHO???

Religions were schemes created by schemers.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511560 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that is in your new testament that is not the direct words of Jesus is nothing more than supposition and elaboration of men, many of which are questionable about their honor and integrity.
How funny!

The Catholics compiled the story of Jesus and all he supposedly said and did ... so why would you trust anything whatsoever approved by the Catholics except for the reason that you want to also USE the Jesus-myth for your own religious desires???

Location hidden

#511561 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, if I learn the symbols that satiate your whims, would I then be on my way to learning what you refer to as "knowledge???"
Ancient proverb:
- What reveals itself to me ceases to be mysterious for me alone: if I unveil it to anyone else, he hears mere words which betray the living sense: Profanation, but never revelation.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511562 Feb 3, 2014
<quoted text>==
They have to stretch the truth and claim there are many.
You first have to know if truth exists before you can stretch it.

I suggest that those in religion simply stretch more and more lies.

"God loves ME ... ME ... ME ... blah, blah blah.........."

Location hidden

#511563 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest your illusion is that you have attained HIGH knowledge ... and that arrogance lives in you by your own invitation.
I suggest you are suffering inferiority complex again or still, and projecting your insecurities upon me as usual.
Again...blaming me for your own inability to compete mentally is the fault of your own laziness and willful ignorance, not anyone else's.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511564 Feb 3, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the holy spirit guide you in interpreting Scripture?
It guides all of them ... that's why they never disagree.

And by the way, you will never read that an evil spirit is guiding any of them. They through those insults over the fence into the neighbor's yard.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511565 Feb 3, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text> So, he himself said he had a problem, His illness has a lot to do with it, he needs to change his life before it's too late, they find it hatefull because they can't accept him being sick. You yourself have posted some extremely hatefilled posts calling posters*pig*. So don't throw me under the bus when you are just as guilty.
I'm not throwing you under any bus, I just don't think his illness has anything to do with what is posted here. As far as the "pig" is concerned, All I did was copy and repost his own words back to him, and yes his words are extremely hate-filled. I don't know him. And I don't know you either, Husker, although he needs to pretend that I do in order to justify his delusions about me. He's got some serious problems which is why we usually ignore him. If you'll notice, none of the Catholics respond to him and I shouldn't have either.

My point to you was (and is) that if they want to be ugly, don't respond in kind, rise above it. That's all I was saying.

To Everyone: For what it's worth, I think people post far too much personal information on these forums. This is not the place to post past sins and transgressions, details of illnesses, family problems, etc. I've been on this forum for a number of years now and have seen people post the most intimate details of their lives. I'm amazed! That is not prudent, people!

Now if you will all kindly leave me out of your squabbles, I'd appreciate it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#511567 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have is curable...it's called "education".
REALLY???

I suggest that every person posting religion on this forum believes he/she is tops in education.

Location hidden

#511568 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that a god in the sky impregnated a virgin on earth and Jesus came out of Mary's womb to in turn be a teacher of truth???
Do you believe he was a Jewish Rabbi, who then decided to teach a religion that is now atoned to exactly what you believe is truth???
Are you fool enough to believe that nonsense, and at the same time believe you have indeed attained HIGH knowledge???
I don't believe any of that and you know it bozo. Or have you no connection to your memory any more.
Is it illegal for me to discuss the writings of any religion by YOU now. How arrogant of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 19 min don t drink the k... 37
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... 22 hr The Anti- Islamist 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 27 Gee Tee 9,522
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web