Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#511652 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church-fathers stated that Elohim had excommunicated the Jews and had approved of Jesus becoming a member of the Catholic religion.
Image THAT for a gigantic LIE!
What? Bigger than yours?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#511653 Feb 3, 2014
[QUOTE who="June VanDerMark]... PERIOD![/QUOTE]That would explain things.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#511654 Feb 3, 2014
OldJG wrote:
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH FATHERS
Twenty-seven of the thirty-two surviving works of Tertullian (160-225), a priest from Carthage who is considered the first theologian of the West, contain anti-Jewish discourse. In De Oratione, for example, he wrote that 'though Israel may wash all its members every day, it is never clean. Its hands ... are always stained, covered forever with the blood of the prophets and of our Lord himself.'
The Alexandrian theologian, Origen (182-251) preached that 'the blood of Jesus falls not only on the Jews of that time, but on all generations of Jews up to the end of the world'. This state of endless and timeless culpability, says Origen, ensures that the Jews, whose 'rejection of Jesus has resulted in their present calamity and exile ... will never be restored to their former condition'.
Saint Cyprian (200-258), Bishop of Carthage, in his three books of Testimonies Against the Jews, cites quotation after quotation from the Old Testament attempting to 'prove' that the case of Christianity against Judaism had been foreseen in that work. This became the norm in Christian anti-Jewish writing. Attacks on the Jews were based an the idea that they are Christ-killers, and were embellished with scriptural passages (mainly out of context) defaming and besmirching Jews. Any Old Testament prophet's condemnation of events in his time would serve as proof that present-day Jews were hypocrites, villains, evil, haters of and rejected by God. Cyprian, who speaks of the Jews as a 'sinful nation, people weighed down with guilt, breed of evil-doers, lawless children', maintains that the only way open to them to atone for their sin is converting to Christianity. There was no salvation for Jews outside the Church. This notion was relaxed only after the Holocaust, in the framework of the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II).
Saint Ephraem Syrus (306-373) calls the Jews the 'circumcised dogs' and 'circumcised vagabonds', and refers to Judaism as a worthless vineyard which cannot bear fruit. In his writing, Ephraem refers to God's punishment for the Jews. Because they reviled Jesus, the Lord has banished them from their land, and now they are condemned to wander over the whole face of the earth.
Saint Gregory of Nyssa (c. 331-396), with wanton eloquence, describes the Jews as 'slayers of the Lord, murderers of the prophets, enemies of God, haters of God, adversaries of grace, enemies of their fathers' faith, advocates of the devil, brood of vipers, slanderers, scoffers, men of darkened minds, leaven of the Pharisees, congregation of demons, sinners, wicked men, stoners, and haters of goodness - a veritable catalogue for future anti-Semites to pick from.
What did Martin Luther say about Jews? Quotes please?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#511655 Feb 3, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Are you a natural person?
What exactly is the meaning of "natural" as it is used in this passage?
To me it basically says:
"The human (natural person) does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him......etc....etc....."
The passage speaks that spiritual things are not known to humans. One must be Spirit in order to acknowledge and understand them.
So back to my original questions......
"Are you a natural person?"
"What exactly is the meaning of "natural" as it is used in this passage?"
Thanks for posting!
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know...people like you and June.
Huh?

Of course I am a human....a natural person.

But my post wasn't about me. I was asking you the questions.

Wanna try again, or are you just gonna live with the quick in and out and then run away without explaining your comment?

You are going to be honest with me, right?

Self.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#511656 Feb 3, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
As they say - if you don't ask questions, you will not learn.

Good for you asking questions.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#511657 Feb 3, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
Our Monastery of our Lady of the Rosary is in Summit, New Jersey, a bedroom community of New York City and a quick 52 minute train ride from the city.
Summit is a very Catholic city with a small town feel. We began our monastery 94 years ago in 1919. Summit was considered a healthy place to live away from New York. It was touted as the “Denver of the East” for its high altitude!
http://reginamag.com/conversation-cloistered-...
The highest elevation in all of New Jersey is 1803 feet. Wichita is 1335 feet at Mid-Continent airport and higher still on the east side of town. Denver is a mile high. How does Summit qualify as the "Denver of the East"?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511658 Feb 3, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
The highest elevation in all of New Jersey is 1803 feet. Wichita is 1335 feet at Mid-Continent airport and higher still on the east side of town. Denver is a mile high. How does Summit qualify as the "Denver of the East"?
I have no idea. She said it was touted as such almost 100 years ago, so it sounds as if she read it in a local historical publication. I suppose you could contact the magazine that ran the interview and ask them about it.
Husker

Falls City, NE

#511659 Feb 3, 2014

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511660 Feb 3, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm. No you made some insults several times and I dont know which link you are talking about. There are people who do not read prophecy well? Are you by chance one of those? So here on an issue that isnt about the Pope you make it about it. All the church says is the Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead. You however seem to want to promote that the state of Israel and the return of every once of land, rebuild the temple and reconvene animal sacrificing is prophesied. God made the New Covenant with the State of Modern Israel? So perhaps you could explain what Paul was writing about the Israel of God and give us your final authoritative opinion.
Said NONE,of that..

I said,Jesus,would return as,he,left in Israel ....Will it be now,or in a thousand years...no one,knows,!!!

The NEW,JERUSALEM will come from.HEAVEN ...the dimensions,were given ..
There will be a,NEW,EARTH ....a,millennial kingdom..Jesus,on David's,throne ...DAVID'S,...not any throne,in Rome ...that's,a good part of project..David's,throne..Messi ah ...David's,..Israel..

ROME and the rest of it ...could be destroyed ....And the,earth remade by the creator .

Thing is,it was,prophesied the Jews,would,return to ISRAEL ...the,deserts,would bloom ..grapes,grow...all this,has,happened,...Will it have to happen again..I have no idea..

But His,Feet will be on the Mountain..in ISRAEL not Rome,..he will redeem the remnant of His,people,ISRAEL ...

You folks,believe as,you like ...i think its,chutzpah....

Israel is,Israel..God went through a,lot of effort to make a, people..a,land.....of the PEOPLE ISRAEL.twelve tribes,of Israel

The apostles,will rule the twelve tribes of ISRAEL...nothing about ROME ...

And I'll believe what the,apostles,were told
...look for Him as,He,left...IN THE,ONLY ISRAEL .....

THE REST OF WHAT YOU SAID WE,shall see,...temple..sacrifices...wh o knows,...I never said it ...
Revelation can be confusing ...But. ISRAEL.MEANS,ISRAEL ...if it has,to be reborn a,h u Andres Times ...I doubt it ..But we do NOT KNOW..is,this,the END TIMES,.

And those,who curse,the children of Abraham ate cursed themselves...God does,NOT m a key empty threats ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#511661 Feb 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>much more than you ole fellow, much more than you.lol
Look in your messages,Preston..unrelated to your post
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511662 Feb 3, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
He might have been one of worst. Martin Luther wrote a book entitled "The Jews and Their Lies" Just sayin'
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#511663 Feb 3, 2014
Resolve To Resolve
February 3, 2014 — by Julie Ackerman Link
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Select a Language Burmese Chinese (Traditional) Chinese (Simplified) French German Indonesian Japanese Khmer (Cambodian) Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Thai Vietnamese
Read: Romans 14:1-13
Resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.—Romans 14:13
Bible in a Year:
Exodus 31-33; Matthew 22:1-22I haven’t made any New Year’s resolutions since 1975. I haven’t needed any new ones—I’m still working on old ones like these: write at least a short note in my journal every day; make a strong effort to read my Bible and pray each day; organize my time; try to keep my room clean (this was before I had a whole house to keep clean).

This year, however, I am adding a new resolution that I found in Paul’s letter to the Romans:“Let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way”(14:13). Although this resolution is old (about 2,000 years), it is one that we should renew annually. Like believers in Rome centuries ago, believers today sometimes make up rules for others to follow and insist on adherence to certain behaviors and beliefs that the Bible says little or nothing about. These “stumbling blocks” make it difficult for followers of Jesus to continue in the way of faith that He came to show us—that salvation is by grace not works (Gal. 2:16). It requires only that we trust in His death and resurrection for forgiveness.

We can celebrate this good news of Christ in the coming year by resolving not to set up hurdles that cause people to stumble.

Thank You, Lord, that You sent the Holy Spiritto do the work of convincing and convicting.May I be content with my own assignment:to do what leads to peace and edification.Faith is the hand that receives God’s gift, then faith is the feet that walk with God.
Insight
The judgment seat of Christ (Rom. 14:10; 2 Cor. 5:9-10) is believed to speak of a time in the future when followers of Christ will be held accountable by the Savior for their lives lived in His name—resulting in either receiving rewards or losing rewards.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511664 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jesus-myth is spun from the idea that a god impregnated a virgin on earth. That seems to be different than your spun version of how Jesus arrived.
What DO you believe concerning Jesus' supposed birth. From your perception was Mary impregnated by Joseph or by some other Gnostic adventurer???
Really? Exactly what is my "spun" version? Find a direct quote please.
Michael

Canada

#511665 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
As I’ve posted many times, Christianity was not the first religion to claim that virgins on earth were impregnated by gods in the sky. It was an old, old tale told in many other religions long before Christianity.
I suggest it’s time we grow out of these archaic mindsets and realize that theologians earned their livings by writing tales and more tales.
....... Most Christians know very little history of their own belief, and would never believe that most of the customs/traditions of christianity were practiced and created by mythical gods and their followers centuries before the Jesus story was created.

Its all part of our WORLD History.

Location hidden

#511666 Feb 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in your messages,Preston..unrelated to your post
I read it, thank you

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#511668 Feb 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I read it, thank you
Will let you know,further...And,praying ...God bless,
truth

Perth, Australia

#511669 Feb 3, 2014
aj miclo
who created mythology
truth

Perth, Australia

#511671 Feb 3, 2014
my t holy g

did they bring you there

in deepthey say to you
jesus died and go in hell then rise 3 day

idjesh ko namazano
doli
neznam ko me nosio
i nepitash
lijepo opostish se za beslatni let i gotovo
a sti ti je korist pitati
zar ce neko uslisit tvoju panicnu molitvu
necheee
a doli je oili crna dark water..aha
e there i can't breeth
nooooooooooo
then i come back
how

i don't know
i did not see who bring me or give power back
noooooooooooooooo

padas uy ponor i vidish stine kakvih nema nigdje na svijetu
oklesano sve
ne ne ljudskom rukom
a nema ni hvalisam se jezikom objasniti
kako je to lijepo viditi
da to postoji
i jos da te neko krade i nosa besplatno
i gdje u dubinu
idjesh ko namazano
nikog nema neee

kako si otisho tako se i vratio

kako bi tu mapicu dobro bilo imat
gdje bi to bilo

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#511672 Feb 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OH!! shut up, oxbore.
where in my post did I say that I was worried, jerk.
I did not believe that anyone could be this stupid!!! Your words: we worry and then God intervenes and all is done so easily.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#511673 Feb 3, 2014
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you don't know the definition of Kione Greek words any better than I do. However, I do know the definition of Koine Greek, which is more than we can say for you. If I look in the dictionary for the definition of "Kione Greek words" will I also know the meaning of the word "heresy"? I think I already know the definition of "heresy". It's Oxbow.
As I understand your posts, the English version of the Bible is not to be trusted and it must be back translated into Greek so that it can be re-translated into English that says something different than the current version of the Bible in English so we can all understand the unchanging Word of God and not be misled into false beliefs. You'll pardon me if I cast doubts on your interpretation of the Bible and stick with the one I have in English.
No wonder you were excommunicated for heresy!
As I said...you have no idea of the meaning of the word "heresy"...

Second Time...

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Hate:( From the English dictionary)
a. To feel hostility or animosity toward.
b. To detest.

Tell me that Christ taught we are to feel hostility, detest, and dislike our parents, our relatives, and our own lives, or we cannot be His disciple....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web