Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679235 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#511586 Feb 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure,if you were here when this,link was,posted ..
http://www.catholicbible101.com/thechurchthen...
Then was,another one,also but I did not get it .
Peace
Catholics are not replacement theologists which say that all Jews are damned and promoting a govt state and rebuilding of the temple to make animal sacrifices when the perfect one has already been made. You really dont have a broad understanding of the multitude of beliefs amongst Protestants.

You seem to be a dispensationalist. Many argue that the events have already happened. You can all call each other morons, but please don't say the Church is the New Israel is the church is just a Catholic thing. The New covenant in Jer 31: 31-34 was made. Christ said I will build my church.
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And whosoever shall follow this rule, peace on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God." -(Galatians 6:15-16) Here St. Paul tells his readers that in Christ neither circumcision (Jewish law) nor uncircumcision (Gentile custom) matters. What matters are those who follow the gospel, and those who follow the gospel are the "Israel of God." http://catholicknight.blogspot.com/2011/01/ca...

Here is a Protestant group that does not hold your view.
Abrahamic Land Promise to Israel fulfilled 3000 years ago!
Israel becoming a nation in 1948 does not fulfill Bible prophecy!
http://www.bible.ca/premillennialism-rapture-...

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/apo...

Jeremiah 31:31-34
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

http://www.fisheaters.com/dispensationalism.h...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#511587 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I would buy into your illusion that you own knowledge, I suggest you would perceive I would be BRILLIANT as you perceive is your lot in life.
How ... I don't buy your illusions any more than I buy into the illusions of the Christians.
I don't need or want you to ""buy into" anything fool. I have nothing you can buy, and it seems you have far more illusion(s) than I could ever dream of.

Location hidden

#511588 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you claim that you KNOW what Jesus was meant to SAY ... you align your self to supreme arrogance, because the fact is, you don't know whether Jesus even lived in the first place.
Do you believe that a god from the sky impregnated a virgin on earth and that virgin gave birth to Jesus???
Are you THAT stupid to believe that unscientific, outdated, archaic jargon???
Oh, that's right! I'm supposed to be as ignorant and incomprehensible as you are.

Location hidden

#511589 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that you believe there IS truth in the bible, and in that era "if only others would see it your way," means that you do believe your thoughts are aligned to that of the supposed master of truth ... Jesus.
And that is simply you, puffing up your own ego.
I post plenty from history, but I've admitted many times that it was all based on opinion, and that I could never be certain that any of it was based on truth.
Oh stop will you. You are acting like a 5 year old again. Please don't put words in my mouth, It is deceitful and dishonest.
There are some important messages in almost every writing. Your confirmation bias precludes you from seeing it.

Location hidden

#511590 Feb 3, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are not replacement theologists which say that all Jews are damned and promoting a govt state and rebuilding of the temple to make animal sacrifices when the perfect one has already been made. You really dont have a broad understanding of the multitude of beliefs amongst Protestants.
You seem to be a dispensationalist. Many argue that the events have already happened. You can all call each other morons, but please don't say the Church is the New Israel is the church is just a Catholic thing. The New covenant in Jer 31: 31-34 was made. Christ said I will build my church.
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And whosoever shall follow this rule, peace on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God." -(Galatians 6:15-16) Here St. Paul tells his readers that in Christ neither circumcision (Jewish law) nor uncircumcision (Gentile custom) matters. What matters are those who follow the gospel, and those who follow the gospel are the "Israel of God." http://catholicknight.blogspot.com/2011/01/ca...
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Yeah. All 6 million+ of them-LOL!
You can't see the errors in your own book either can you?
Can you just picture 6 million jews wandering around in a 150 mile wide desert for 40 years? Aaaaahahahahah! Get real will ya!

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511591 Feb 3, 2014
Recently I received a message from a dear friend of many years who is very religious. Her granddaughter is a missionary and wants financial support for her mission work in foreign countries.

As you are aware, I am an Atheist and don't agree with those who try to convert others to their own religions.

However, when asked by my dear friend who has helped me personally many times in the past, I chose to send money.

When my friend phoned to thank me for supporting her granddaughter, I told her that I am now an Atheist, and that I only sent the money because of how much she meant to me.

If she had a problem with my Atheism, she never mentioned it, and didn't try to proselytize.

Am I a hypocrite for supporting that in which I donít believe? I suggest that many would say that indeed I am a hypocrite, and they would be correct.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511592 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's right! I'm supposed to be as ignorant and incomprehensible as you are.
If you don't believe that "Jesus" arrived on earth through divine intervention of a god in the sky, how DO you believe that Jesus came to earth ... by space-craft???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511593 Feb 3, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
DS,

all my comments,came from that Davidoff link..comments,here,...And the,pope,saying they did not recognize,Israel so as,not to confuse,CATHOLUCS,about the,New,Israel teaching.

Before this,forum I never heard it ...

Yes,there,are,people,who do not read prophecy well .

As,for me ..I do not know,nor care what category you want to out me in.

I'm a,Christian..period ..Saved by the Grace,of God ..

I don't think any one Church or theology has,ALL the answers.....as,FAR AS I KNOW,.

it's,been made way too complicated when what Jesus,preached was,to simple people...no college ...I do not believe Christ meant for a,Pope ..
Yes,the,priests were educated...look.how,they received him...
I know,what you guys,BELIEVE .And more power to you if it gives you closeness to Jesus.

Israel is,Israel

God bless you all ...

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511594 Feb 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop will you. You are acting like a 5 year old again. Please don't put words in my mouth, It is deceitful and dishonest.
There are some important messages in almost every writing. Your confirmation bias precludes you from seeing it.
You've posted the words on the forum ... many times ... trying to put others down as being deprived of knowledge because we didn't align to your type of "education."

I just don't buy the idea that your supposed education is superior.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#511595 Feb 3, 2014
Sorry .typo

.the,DAVIDIC KINGDOM LINK you guys,posted ...was,my first exposure,to what I believe is real error....

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511596 Feb 3, 2014
It should have been an ancient joke to believe that a god in the sky impregnated a virgin on earth.

If any human tried to start that rumor in this modern era he/she would be the laughing stock of others Ö no question about it.

But because it's been taught as being based on truth to so many people in religion Ö the silly tale keeps being reinforced.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511597 Feb 3, 2014
As Iíve posted many times, Christianity was not the first religion to claim that virgins on earth were impregnated by gods in the sky. It was an old, old tale told in many other religions long before Christianity.

I suggest itís time we grow out of these archaic mindsets and realize that theologians earned their livings by writing tales and more tales.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#511598 Feb 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
DS,
all my comments,came from that Davidoff link..comments,here,...And the,pope,saying they did not recognize,Israel so as,not to confuse,CATHOLUCS,about the,New,Israel teaching.
Before this,forum I never heard it ...
Yes,there,are,people,who do not read prophecy well .
As,for me ..I do not know,nor care what category you want to out me in.
I don't think any one Church or theology has,ALL the answers.....as,FAR AS I KNOW,.
it's,been made way too complicated when what Jesus,preached was,to simple people...no college ...I do not believe Christ meant for a,Pope ..
Yes,the,priests were educated...look.how,they received him...
I know,what you guys,BELIEVE .And more power to you if it gives you closeness to Jesus.
Israel is,Israel
God bless you all ...
Ummm. No you made some insults several times and I dont know which link you are talking about. There are people who do not read prophecy well? Are you by chance one of those? So here on an issue that isnt about the Pope you make it about it. All the church says is the Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead. You however seem to want to promote that the state of Israel and the return of every once of land, rebuild the temple and reconvene animal sacrificing is prophesied. God made the New Covenant with the State of Modern Israel? So perhaps you could explain what Paul was writing about the Israel of God and give us your final authoritative opinion.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511599 Feb 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that because you demand it is true ... your will must be done.

How obnoxious of you to believe that all those who don't claim that Jesus is their savior will end up in hell.

Insufferable arrogance on your PART.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#511600 Feb 3, 2014
since I cant shovel snow and we just had 8 inches overnight and the village plowed more than foot besides our vehicles, we didn't know what to do, but my cousins great grandson came by and helped shovel us out. we worry and then God intervenes and all is done so easily.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511601 Feb 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
Sorry .typo
.the,DAVIDIC KINGDOM LINK you guys,posted ...was,my first exposure,to what I believe is real error....
As I pointed out yesterday, a seventh century Bishop of Jerusalem doesn't agree with you.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511602 Feb 3, 2014
The word Crishna existed before Christianity. I suggest it was not by chance that the Hindus decided that the word Crishna had to be changed to the male terminology of Krishna.

The use of letters in religion made it easy for male theologians to play their mental games of supposed reality.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

"Crishna was born of a chaste virgin, called Devaki, who, on account of her purity, was selected to become the 'mother of God.'"

Doane, Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions

http://www.truthbeknown.com/virgin.htm

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511603 Feb 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
since I cant shovel snow and we just had 8 inches overnight and the village plowed more than foot besides our vehicles, we didn't know what to do, but my cousins great grandson came by and helped shovel us out. we worry and then God intervenes and all is done so easily.
You arrogant fool! What of the families that pray and pray for help and yet they go bed hungry and die from starvation for lack of food, while you sit there and gloat about god answering your prayers for snow removal.

Despicable.

Location hidden

#511604 Feb 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe that "Jesus" arrived on earth through divine intervention of a god in the sky, how DO you believe that Jesus came to earth ... by space-craft???
You are a woman and never heard of childbirth huh?
I bet you never heard of sex before then either huh?
Did they ever let you out out of the cellar?

Fort Saint John, Canada

#511605 Feb 3, 2014
Why a decent creator would choose to create bodies of any animals that require food, bespeaks of an idiot in the sky.

Why not create animals that can live off of air, and that way there would be no necessity to kill or to be killed?

Instead, the supposed creator creates physical bodies that have to eat and shit and vomit and stink up the whole world with pollution.

Religion is BUNK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 1 hr Eric 4
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... 2 hr nanoanomaly 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 hr Jasonville 84,711
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 8 hr Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... Fri BB Board 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web