Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
493,521 - 493,540 of 538,462 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

https://www.google.com.au/search...

nkh=life

Are you going kill me?

As well why you try set up?!

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

marge wrote:
Wow the evolutionists are coming on heavy basically saying those who believe in God are fools, well written science story if you ask me here;
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/will-evolution...
Us believers are losing the vote total by two thirds and I believe the votes is just from the US.
CLAYPOOL, where do you stand?
Marge whatever the,debate..God given SCRIPTURE, Is,what HE told us...that's,fine,by me...And should be for believers..I realize some,want to think we evolved from other species to placate science ...
..But there is,NO EVIDENCE for evolution between species,....bunch of nonsense.
All the,layers,explained,fine by genesis,..the fountains,beneath the,earth erupted...not just rain.........it's,like turned the,planet inside out...what confusion forecourt brains..

GOD confounds,...BY His,actions,...
because,HE,KNOWS,..He,told us....we think we are smarter..WHO WINS,...

Frankly all these,mysteries,and,difference s,will be,explained to the faithful...should God Grace,US,with this knowledge,..
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct you are no expert and it is your own personal opinion....lol
No need to "lol". You are correct, I am not an expert on Orthodoxy and it was only my opinion. You two don't make it any easier for people like me to learn. Sometimes I think I learn something, then you refute it. From all accounts I've read, Orthodoxy and Catholicism are incredibly similar. To me, that's a testament to the Sacred tradition and Sacred scripture given by the Apostles. But you wouldn't know it after speaking with you. I don't get that mutual understanding from you or Nick.. You try so hard to separate from us that I think you went outside the bounds of the Orthodox faith.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

never say win

life have to be lived not run as win

how to lived ..proper life..
never say win
no
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct you are no expert and it is your own personal opinion....lol
Regarding the upcoming Mass between Bartholomew I and Pope Francis in Jerusalem, and the current state of Orthodox- Catholic dialogue. Bishop Farrell of Ireland,(head of the Pontificial council on Christian dialogue) says this interesting summary:
"On the Orthodox side, we have to recognize that that Orthodox Churches, in general, are living in free societies for the first time. Some for the very first time. Some for the first time in many centuries and decades. Not only that, but they are now faced with the reality that they are no longer tied to a specific region or country or ethnicity. Most of them now have emigrants all over the world and therefore communities all over the world. And this is leading to an internal transformation that still needs to be assimilated within Orthodoxy. And we have to give them time to do that. From being limited to their ethnic regions, they are now becoming global Churches; you have the Greek Orthodox all over the world, the Russian Orthodox all over, Romanian Orthodox all over. So in this sense, we have to be patient enough to understand how they are going to absorb this diaspora into their life and the changes that this will bring.
I think therefore we should recognize that our dialogue at the present time cannot reach ultimate conclusions. We are in the process though; we are in one of those historic moments that changes our perspective on things, and therefore all our discussions about the Peterine ministry and Synodality are a work in progress"

www.vaticaninsider.com
LTM

Sioux Lookout, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

marge wrote:
Ltm, those video games will dry your eyes out, i'm playing 'farm up' and it's so bad on the eyes.
Blessings All
mY LENGTH OF TIME ON THE COMPUTER IS LIMITED MARGE, I PLAY SNOOD AND ONE OTHER GAME , THE SEEK AND FOUND GAMES I DON'T PLAY . I LIKE THE CARD GAMES I CAN ENLARGE THEM.
MY HUSBAND LIKES THE GAME YOU PLAY, THERE IS ANOTHER ONE HE PLAYS OR WAS PLAYING HE FINISHED IT.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

12 sun system

zapali ljubav moju
zapali svijetlo u meni
zapali u srcu mom

to sunce sto sije
u srcu tvom
taj ljubav sto sja u tebi
nek objasa zivot moj

nkh
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No
2. No
3. Ask "we"...
Thank you. 2 out of 3 direct replies is amazing for this board.

OK, to refresh...

Q: Does the holy spirit guide you in interpreting Scripture?
Ox: "No"

Q: Did you study ancient texts or go to a Seminary?
Ox: "No"

Q: Do we have evidence of your interpretation throughout the history of Xianity, or is this something new within the past one or two hundred years?
Ox: "Ask 'we'"

OK, taking the last answer as a "no'" - one clarifying question please:

Q: how does your amazing truth - one that has escaped the vast major of humanity for 2000 years - suddenly come to YOU?

You didn't study. You claim no spiritual guidance.

How?

PS -- It sounds like a mental condition to me, but with more information, maybe I could understand. So far, you've been very evasive on the details.
Husker

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep posting this dribble. I haven't laughed hard in months. And you believe that garbage? LOL LOL LOL LOL My sides hurt from laughing so much. Please quit it....LOL LOL
<quoted text>
Satanist? Me? No, never. You on the other hand pray to Mary who just happens to be dead as a door knob and cannot hear a word you are saying. Mary is not omnipotent and able to hear you but the Son of God certainly is. Mary was nothing more than a willing incubator. Period. Sorry to burst your Roman bubble.
Genesis 3:1-6 -“Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.”

Just as “the woman”(Eve) was intimately involved in the events leading up to the original sin, there is a distinct woman who was intimately involved in the events leading up to the Redemption. That is Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ. She is the new Eve.

There are numerous clear parallels in the Bible between Eve and Mary. These demonstrate that Mary is the new Eve, as Christ is the new Adam.

EVE COMMUNICATED WITH, BELIEVED AND OBEYED A FALLEN ANGEL (THE SERPENT)–

MARY COMMUNICATED WITH, BELIEVED AND OBEYED A GOOD ANGEL (GABRIEL)

Genesis 3:4-6 -“And the serpent said unto the woman, ye shall not surely die… she [Eve] took of the fruit thereof, and did eat ...”

Luke 1:26-38 -“… the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee… to a virgin… and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women… And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God. Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus… And Mary said: Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.”

Eve was approached by the serpent (the Devil), a fallen angel. Eve believed his lying words and disobeyed God. Eve sinned and caused her husband to sin, plunging the world into death.

The Annunciation
Mary was approached by Gabriel, a good angel. Mary believed his message of salvation: that she was blessed among women, full of grace, and would bring forth the Savior. Mary obeyed God. By her obedience, she consented to the conception of Jesus Christ in her womb, and enabled Him to come and redeem the world from Adam’s sin.

Even in the very ancient Church, these biblical parallels were recognized as identifications of Mary as the new Eve, just as Christ is the new Adam. St. Irenaeus was a famous apostolic father from the second century. He contrasts the first Eve with the second Eve (Mary).
Husker

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

THE BIBLE TEACHES THAT MARY IS THE ARK OF THE NEW COVENANT

We will now see that the Bible without any doubt identifies Mary as the Ark of the New Testament. It identifies Mary as the New Testament counterpart to the Ark of the Old Testament. Mary is the new and greater fulfillment of what was prefigured by the Ark of the Old Testament. This information is some of the most important and revealing about Mary’s profound role.

Ark of the Covenant
Since it carried and represented the presence of God, the Ark of the Old Covenant/Testament was the holiest and most powerful thing on Earth outside of God Himself. The Ark of the Covenant was a sacred chest which contained the stone tablets of the Ten Commandments (Deuteronomy 10:5). The Ark also carried and represented the spiritual presence of God on Earth. When God spoke to Moses, it was from between the two cherubim which were on the Ark.

Numbers 7:89 -“And when Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with the Lord, he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was upon the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim; and it spoke to him.”

Exodus 25:21-22 -“And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.”

Let’s now look at how the Bible identifies Mary as the Ark of the New Covenant.

The Ark of the Old Covenant contained the written word of God (Deut. 10:5).

The Virgin Mary contained the Word of God made flesh, Jesus (Jn. 1:1).

Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh (John 1:1). So, just as the Ark of the Old Covenant contained the written word of God, Mary (who is the Ark of the New Covenant) contained the Word of God made flesh.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

February 2 - The Feast of the Presentation of the Lord

Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office)- Matins

Second Reading
From a sermon by Saint Sophronius, bishop (560 -638 A.D.)
Let us receive the light whose brilliance is eternal

In honor of the divine mystery that we celebrate today, let us all hasten to meet Christ. Everyone should be eager to join the procession and to carry a light.

Our lighted candles are a sign of the divine splendor of the one who comes to expel the dark shadows of evil and to make the whole universe radiant with the brilliance of his eternal light. Our candles also show how bright our souls should be when we go to meet Christ.

The Mother of God, the most pure Virgin, carried the true light in her arms and brought him to those who lay in darkness. We too should carry a light for all to see and reflect the radiance of the true light as we hasten to meet him.

The light has come and has shone upon a world enveloped in shadows; the Dayspring from on high has visited us and given light to those who lived in darkness. This, then, is our feast, and we join in procession with lighted candles to reveal the light that has shone upon us and the glory that is yet to come to us through him. So let us hasten all together to meet our God.

The true light has come, the light that enlightens every man who is born into this world. Let all of us, my brethren, be enlightened and made radiant by this light. Let all of us share in its splendor, and be so filled with it that no one remains in the darkness. Let us be shining ourselves as we go together to meet and to receive with the aged Simeon the light whose brilliance is eternal. Rejoicing with Simeon, let us sing a hymn of thanksgiving to God, the Father of the light, who sent the true light to dispel the darkness and to give us all a share in his splendor.

Through Simeon’s eyes we too have seen the salvation of God which he prepared for all the nations and revealed as the glory of the new Israel, which is ourselves. As Simeon was released from the bonds of this life when he had seen Christ, so we too were at once freed from our old state of sinfulness.

By faith we too embraced Christ, the salvation of God the Father, as he came to us from Bethlehem. Gentiles before, we have now become the people of God. Our eyes have seen God incarnate, and because we have seen him present among us and have mentally received him into our arms, we are called the NEW ISRAEL. Never shall we forget this presence; every year we keep a feast in his honor.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I had suggested this several years ago that Jesus could not be related to Mary in any way, shape, or fashion, which would make Him half man/half God, which we know this is not possible, then we are left with only ONE alternative and that is, catholics are not allowed to think on their own, they MUST follow the lies told and taught to them by false teachers
Preston

Peace

Okay, I will bite. Since you do not believe that Jesus is a demigod, then you don't believe in the hypostatic union of Jesus( that is Jesus is part man and part God), at least in the classical sense of Christianity. And this of course means that you do not believe that a person can be in union with Jesus or God in a classical Christian sense...Correct?

If Jesus, as you say is a totally created being, outside of human heritage, then his blood is outside of human heritage, and the sacrifice of his blood would then be for those outside of human heritage....

Also, as we are serpents, sons and daughters of the Great Serpent Satan, and Jesus is raised up as a serpent, as Moses did, upon whom we see and are saved, how can we be saved if Jesus was not of the flesh of humanity, which carried sin(the poison of death)?

Sincerely, it seems you are substituting a substitute, when it comes to Jesus, when it comes to our redemption by his death and resurrection. Are you not? Jesus is almost like a Clone of Humanity, the way you describe him, as not being of Mary....True?

Peace
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

St. Sophronius

A courageous leader of the Jerusalem Church during the Islamic conquests of the seventh century, Patriarch Saint Sophronius I has his liturgical memorial on March 11.

Though he is acknowledged and celebrated as a saint in the Roman Catholic Church, St. Sophronius is more commonly venerated among Eastern Catholics and within the Eastern Orthodox churches. All of these traditions commemorate him on the same date, the purported date of his death in 638.

"By faith we too embraced Christ, the salvation of God the Father, as he came to us from Bethlehem. Gentiles before, we have now become the people of God. Our eyes have seen God incarnate, and because we have seen him present among us and have mentally received him into our arms, we are called the NEW ISRAELl. Never shall we forget this presence; every year we keep a feast in his honor."
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

marge wrote:
Wow the evolutionists are coming on heavy basically saying those who believe in God are fools, well written science story if you ask me here;
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/will-evolution...
Us believers are losing the vote total by two thirds and I believe the votes is just from the US.
CLAYPOOL, where do you stand?
Where do I stand?? First of all, I'm not an evolutionist. Just because there is scientific evidence that evolution played a role in this world doesn't mean you use it to explain our entire existence. God created this earth. He very well could have allowed things to 'develope' after the big bang, or 'evolve'.
Basically you have fanatics on both sides of the debate and in the middle ground is the Catholic Church (who introduced the big bang theory btw).

Evolution does not solve the God problem and the evolutionist know it. However, people like you do us no favors with you unrelenting ignorance. Its unfortunate evolutionist automatically group all of Christianity into the group you belong too. I hate it when I have to defend myself against the absurdity of the 6,000 yr old earth thing. Atheist automatically assume I subscribe to this absurdity. The very vocal, modern bible -only born again movement makes everyone else look stupid. I just wish you guys would tone down the dumbness for awhile. You wanna hold on to sola scripture so bad that you'll sacrifice your intelligence in order to keep it.
The earth isn't 6,000 yrs old. My 12 yr old kid will gladly explain it to you, Marge. The dating isn't a far out guess. There is some real hard science behind it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
OK, 2000 years ago, god made one true church for the purpose of "saving mankind."
Pretty noble cause.
So how well has God's own church done in 2000 years?
What percentage of humanity is being saved according to God's rules?
98%?
75%?
50%? If it's true, how could it not save at least 50%?
40%?
30%?
25%? This is beginning to look suspicious.
20%?
10%? Optimistic.
5%? True believers, those who actually attend Mass as required?
What kind of pathetic god considers a 5%-10% salvation rate successful?
Gods R Delusions

Peace

As usual, I am not going to be a conventional Christian on this subject....

First off, God did not create the Church on this earth to save humanity. That work went to Jesus.

His effect on humanity has been far-reaching, even transcending cultural boundaries into peoples by way of virtue, and not direct "assimilation".

As a general rule, I would way Jesus was 100% effective in what he did, but people accept according to their understanding only a part of what he did....

Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Jesus,say in more,ways,than one,he,who is,first shall be last..
Don't take,the, better seat at the table
He,did not seem to embrace ANY sort of primacy in His,parAbles,or preaching or words,to the,disciples...
I honestly DO not think He meant for ANY HIGH PRIEST /pope as,the,Jews,did,not do well with the concept at all.
No HIGH PRIEST But Jesus we are told,
RoSesz

Peace

If you do not believe in an ordained priesthood, such as is in the RCC, anymore, then why would you believe in an ordained ministry?

Are these both not of human origin, with human education, and a diploma in hand...?

Peace
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

marge wrote:
The comments on the article are insightful also, a great case for a 6000 year earth close to seven!, maybe then us believers rest while ruling for the next 1000?
You create more atheist by requiring them to be ignorant. That's not good, Marge. There is no hope for an organization who embraces forced stupidity. You'll lose members once they pass 5th grade science class. I suggest you visit the beautiful Science Museum of Minnesota and ask one of the high school student volunteers to explain how science came up with the age of the earth and the human life timeline. You can't argue against it, really. The evidence is right in front of you. It does no good to ignore it.
I remember on atheist forums they would immediately tease my 'belief' that the earth is 5,000 yrs old. They were surprised I didn't believe that and most of Christianity doesn't either. But they don't know this because you guys won't shut up about it. Especially the 'coc'. Man they are persistent in Bible only- 5,000 yr old- nonsense.
You should take your Christian faith a little more serious. Don't just shrug your shoulders and pretend the Bible fell from the sky and that's that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>sorry Charlie, but you can not prove that this suggestion was considered as heresy centuries ago.
this is your opinion and has no basis in a factual state
Preston

Your idea is new in the sense that science has brought forth more understanding of the biological nature of human beings. But since we are talking of God and His Nature concerning human beings, you cannot strictly go by science in your theology....

Therefore when in comes to tracing your theology, it goes back more to a concern with the nature of Jesus Christ, which was argued about at the beginnings of Christianity, with certain acceptable and refined descriptions, and those as heresies were defined....Obviously, your definition is not orthodox, claiming that Jesus is not related to Mary.

So in short, you fall under two heretical definitions that are related, monophysitism, and Apollonarianism. I will let you look them us, but they were around, I believe in the 300s....

You may be strong on biology here, but weak on theology(in this case). Although I think overall your theology is sound.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Genesis 3:1-6 -“Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.”
Just as “the woman”(Eve) was intimately involved in the events leading up to the original sin, there is a distinct woman who was intimately involved in the events leading up to the Redemption. That is Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ. She is the new Eve.
There are numerous clear parallels in the Bible between Eve and Mary. These demonstrate that Mary is the new Eve, as Christ is the new Adam.
EVE COMMUNICATED WITH, BELIEVED AND OBEYED A FALLEN ANGEL (THE SERPENT)–
MARY COMMUNICATED WITH, BELIEVED AND OBEYED A GOOD ANGEL (GABRIEL)
Genesis 3:4-6 -“And the serpent said unto the woman, ye shall not surely die… she [Eve] took of the fruit thereof, and did eat ...”
Luke 1:26-38 -“… the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee… to a virgin… and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women… And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God. Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus… And Mary said: Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.”
Eve was approached by the serpent (the Devil), a fallen angel. Eve believed his lying words and disobeyed God. Eve sinned and caused her husband to sin, plunging the world into death.
The Annunciation
Mary was approached by Gabriel, a good angel. Mary believed his message of salvation: that she was blessed among women, full of grace, and would bring forth the Savior. Mary obeyed God. By her obedience, she consented to the conception of Jesus Christ in her womb, and enabled Him to come and redeem the world from Adam’s sin.
Even in the very ancient Church, these biblical parallels were recognized as identifications of Mary as the new Eve, just as Christ is the new Adam. St. Irenaeus was a famous apostolic father from the second century. He contrasts the first Eve with the second Eve (Mary).
How is it that your deity would create a perfect garden, and be callous or careless enough to allow a "fallen angel" to inhabit his "perfect" creation?
Quite irresponsible for an omnipotent deity...in fact that would make it obvious that the deity is not omnipotent, in the act of his own failure to safeguard his creation and totally innocent beings not knowing the difference between good and evil from a lesser entity.
Either the writings are fraudulent, the interpretations are in error, or your deity is setting the innocent beings up for a fall and perpetual suffering. which means it is NOT omnipotent nor benevolent.
Ancient proverb:
- Organization is impossible unless those who know the laws of harmony lay the foundation.
It seems your deity never learned this simple truth...and neither have most of his followers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

atemcowboy wrote:
here is what the Bible says. you know that book the catholics allegedly gave to us, which of course they mock and don't follow.
But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised 8(for He who effectually worked for Peter in his apostleship to the circumcised effectually worked for me also to the Gentiles), 9and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we might go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.…
here we read(can you clay) that the pillars of the council gave their approval concerning Paul and his ministry to the Gentiles, and they of course would continue their ministry to the Jewish People, both those who were in Israel and also those who were in other Nations, such as Babylon where Peter went. James the brother of Jesus stayed and was killed, John it is [believed] went up into Syria and Turkey and there established what is known today as the Orthodox Church, as those Jewish believers in Antioch became known as Christians.
Now then, the Bible is clear that Peter, James and John gave their approval for Paul to have primacy over the gentile followers. Paul went North, Peter went East.
you catholics cant have it both Ways. God gave the Gentiles to the Apostle Paul, not peter.
you can lie and say God gave the gentiles(Christians) to Peter all you want, but it aint the Truth
Preston

Since Biblically there is no difference between Jew and Gentile in Christ, then does this really matter? And does a council really matter, concerning what God wants to do?(In a way you are caught in the RC Magisterium trap that says there are "experts" who will tell you what to believe. Similarly, this council is merely a debate among men. Remember that God will send the Counselor to let you know everything....)

Or is this merely a way for you to keep Paul separate, and Peter separate.

Remember that the Body of Christ is united.

I think it goes to a need for you to keep Peter out of the picture, or at least reduce his image....This may be the effect of having so much of Paul's writings in the Bible. I hope this is not a subtle way of eliminating the Books of Peter from the Bible...? The devil works in every way He can to separate the Body of Christ. But the bones are not broken.

The flesh is weak, but the spirit is strong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••