Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641054 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#511387 Feb 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not discuss nor debate with anti-catholic bible only heretics who are "proven , to be habitual liars and a manipulator of the TRUE interpretation of the bible and TRUE Church history. You Ox have proven yourself to be a fraud and a distorter of the Truth, over and over again by "every .Catholic on this form including the overwhelming vast majority of your own bible only Protestant (self opinionated editorialists). There is "nothing to discuss"! Go argue in the mirror with yourself!!!!!!!!
Well heavens to Betsy!!!! You said a few words that are true....beyond reproof!!!! "There is nothing to discuss".....because:

The truth in Scripture is undeniable.....you are a liar...Christ built not your denomination....

You will not respond to the Scripture I quoted...because to do so will verify my words....

Christ referred not to the Catholic church in Rev...because it did not exist as you say....

You will not answer my question....."Whom built the churches" shown in Scripture...multiple times...
Michael

Canada

#511388 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is God, Cghrist founded the Catholic Church.
No he didn't. Its just folklore.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#511389 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, go say a prayer to dead Mary. Maybe she will show up in your living room....you know one of those fatima deals. Maybe she will show up and tell you how she bossed her son around at a wedding and He told her to shut her mouth because it was not His time yet. Just sayin'
That only happens to the Eastern Orthodox.
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#511390 Feb 2, 2014
Guidance Needed
February 2, 2014 — by Bill Crowder
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Select a Language Burmese Chinese (Traditional) Chinese (Simplified) French German Indonesian Japanese Khmer (Cambodian) Polish Portuguese Russian Spanish Thai Vietnamese
Read: James 4:11-17
When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth.—John 16:13
Bible in a Year:
Exodus 29-30; Matthew 21:23-46St. Nicholas Church in Galway, Ireland, has both a long history and an active present. It’s the oldest church in Ireland, and it provides guidance in a very practical way. The church towers over the town, and its steeple is used by ships’ captains as a guide for navigating their way safely into Galway Bay. For centuries, this church has reliably pointed the way home for sailors.

We can all certainly identify with the need for guidance. In fact, Jesus addressed this very need during His Upper Room Discourse. He said that after His departure the Holy Spirit would play a crucial role in the lives of believers. As part of that role, Jesus promised,“When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth”(John 16:13).

What a marvelous provision! In a world of confusion and fear, guidance is often needed. We can easily be misdirected by the culture around us or by the brokenness within us (1 John 2:15-17). God’s Spirit, however, is here to help, to direct, and to guide. How thankful we can be that the Spirit of truth has come to give us the guidance that we often so desperately need. Set your course by His life, and you will reach safe harbor.

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,Pilgrim through this barren land.I am weak, but Thou art mighty;Hold me with Thy powerful hand.—WilliamsThe Spirit is a reliable guide in all of life’s seas.
sava

Hawthorn, Australia

#511391 Feb 2, 2014
keltec 9mm wrote:
Like one of his predecessors he'll soon be announcing his support for the "final solution" >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Germany of course was a Protestant nation.
Hitler was elected by a Protestant majority and a Catholic minority.
hitlers power base was in bavaria and austria.......the catholic heart of germany
Michael

Canada

#511392 Feb 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not discuss nor debate with anti-catholic bible only heretics who are "proven , to be habitual liars and a manipulator of the TRUE interpretation of the bible and TRUE Church history. You Ox have proven yourself to be a fraud and a distorter of the Truth, over and over again by "every .Catholic on this form including the overwhelming vast majority of your own bible only Protestant (self opinionated editorialists). There is "nothing to discuss"! Go argue in the mirror with yourself!!!!!!!!
...Its all made up. Sorry for the bad news.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511393 Feb 2, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo said, quote, "I do not discuss nor debate with anti-catholic bible only heretics who are "proven , to be habitual liars and a manipulator of the TRUE interpretation of the bible and TRUE Church history." End quote.

You think a debate is "de bait" used by fishermen. Duh! You brag about converting from Christianity to Roman Catholic. The Christian community is thankful and blessed you are gone. Question? Are you a priest in the Roman Catholic church out there sodomizing little boys? Just sayin'
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511394 Feb 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the catholic link on the history of the orthodox church. I sent it to some of my orthodox friends for their opinions
I found this interesting: Although there was an east- west schism, not all eastern Churches sided with the Orthodox Churches. And some came back into communion with the Bishop of Rome at a later date as the reality of the schism hit home.
Maronite Catholics, patriarch is in Antioch, liturgy in Aramaic never split from Rome despite the pressure.
Syriac Catholics came back to the Bishop of Rome in 1781 AD.
Coptic, Egyptian Catholics returned in 1781
Ethiopian Catholics in 1846
Syro- maladese Catholics (originally founded by Thomas the Apostle) came back in the 16th century.
While most Armenian Christians are Orthodox, there are approximately 350,000 Armenians who returned around the 14th century.

www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/catholic_rites_an...

So in a way, the schism has been unraveling since it started. Now with the globalization of Orthodoxy, Muslims no longer block our communications. I think this is the key to dialogue.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511395 Feb 2, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>You are busted. People are leaving because of the secular society we have. More so in the protestant churches. BUT not in my Diocese, not as much, we have a great Bishop and we have great priests.
Husker said, quote, "BUT not in my Diocese, not as much, we have a great Bishop and we have great priests." End quote.

You have a great bishop and great priests. Just wondering, how close you are to them? Do you visit them routinely for, ya know, that thing the bishops and priests are famous for in the confessional booth and on the pews? Just sayin'
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511396 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, go say a prayer to dead Mary. Maybe she will show up in your living room....you know one of those fatima deals. Maybe she will show up and tell you how she bossed her son around at a wedding and He told her to shut her mouth because it was not His time yet. Just sayin'
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Roman from Minnesota. Ya know Dust Storm, only two things come out of Minnesota. Steer and queers. I have never heard you moo. Do you moo for your priest in confession or do you just smile? Just sayin'
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511397 Feb 2, 2014
51% of Americans are Protestants, while about 24% are Roman Catholic.

How many Roman Catholic Presidents have served this country? Just sayin'
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511398 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Another Roman from Minnesota. Ya know Dust Storm, only two things come out of Minnesota. Steer and queers. I have never heard you moo. Do you moo for your priest in confession or do you just smile? Just sayin'
This from a guy who apparently thinks he's a deacon because the grand wizard of the
Klu Klux Klan ordained him.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511399 Feb 2, 2014
Adolph Hitler was a devout Roman Catholic. I bet you Romans are just busting your buttons over that one. LOL LOL

http://www.remnantofgod.org/NaziRCC.htm
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511400 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a guy who apparently thinks he's a deacon because the grand wizard of the
Klu Klux Klan ordained him.
Hey cly, I saw your priest at the KKK meeting. He told me your name was changed by your savior the blessed mary to Ben Dover. Is that your name or is that what you do for your priest in the confessional? Just sayin'
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#511401 Feb 2, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Since have have never brought anything of value to this forum I think I will get my Barbie dolls and go home.....Ask any Orthodox Priest and they will tell you that the Orthodox church is the True Church that Christ started....ask them....
I will help you pack.:) Why would I want to ask a priest what it is so obvious? Did I say the Orthodox church was not valid? NO The response was to the typical knee jerk response which claimed their was an arrogant statement made by a Priest, which was simply putting forth the facts. Facts which are acknowledged by the Patriarchs of your churches, but not you. James Likoudis made mention of this and you did your clown dance and summarily decided that Metropolitan Phillip is a joke and tried to belittle very unsuccessfully Likoudis.

So I posted an article from another Orthodox addressing issues in detail. These are real issues being addressed by an Orthodox and is not to belittle the Orthodox church to make the point that the statement made was somehow arrogant or even remotely untrue. However it is clear that the problems are growing worse amongs the Orthodox and time isnt going to make it go away. Your Patriarchs, Bishops, Priests and laity are so busy being equal that everybody is right. Sounds like the SBC with autonomous churches. If the indiscriminate college of Bishops is the true faith, then we would be Arians if the Eastern model is followed where the vast majority of Eastern Bishops succumbed to. With no source of unity and first among equals a meaningless title with zero authority each claiming ceasar popism over another. So which Orthodox are really Orthodox? It depends on which one you ask unless one is indifferent which was being addressed by the Orthodox in the article.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#511402 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#511403 Feb 2, 2014
"His Holiness", Pope Stephen VII

This pope "was completely mad. He dug up a Corsican predecessor, Pope Formosus (891-6) when he had been dead for over nine months. In what came to be known as the Cadaveric Synod, he dressed the stinking corpse in full pontificals, placed him on the throne in the Lateran and proceeded to interrogate him personally. Formosus was charged with becoming pope under false pretences; he was bishop of another place, hence ineligible for Rome. According to Pope Stephen, it made all his acts invalid, especially his ordinations. A chattering teenaged deacon replied on Formosus' behalf. After being found guilty, the corpse was condemned as an antipope, stripped of all but a hair-shirt clinging to the withered flesh and, minus the two fingers with which he had given his fake apostolic blessing, was thrown into the Tiber. The body, held together by the hair-shirt like a carcass of meat, was recovered by some of Formosus' admirers and given a quiet burial. Later, it was returned to its tomb in St Peter's. Stephen himself was soon strangled.

Popes maimed and were maimed, killed and were killed. Their lives bore no resemblance to the gospels. They had more in common with modern rich kids turned hooligans and junkies who haunt beach cafés and nightclubs than with Roman pontiffs as the world now sees them. Some owed their preferment to ambitious parents, some to the sword, some to the influence of high-born and beautiful mistresses in what became known as `The Reign of the Harlots'." (p. 48)

Who in his or her right mind believes that when Stephen VII was the current successor to Peter, it was Jesus' intent to proclaim:
"Thou, Stephen VII, art the rock upon which I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#511404 Feb 2, 2014
OldJG wrote:
51% of Americans are Protestants, while about 24% are Roman Catholic.
How many Roman Catholic Presidents have served this country? Just sayin'
One.

5% of all the Catholics in the world live in the United States. 5%!! That's it. We are nothing but a blip in here.
Too bad you think the world revolves around you, America and the KJV.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#511405 Feb 2, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this interesting: Although there was an east- west schism, not all eastern Churches sided with the Orthodox Churches. And some came back into communion with the Bishop of Rome at a later date as the reality of the schism hit home.
Maronite Catholics, patriarch is in Antioch, liturgy in Aramaic never split from Rome despite the pressure.
Syriac Catholics came back to the Bishop of Rome in 1781 AD.
Coptic, Egyptian Catholics returned in 1781
Ethiopian Catholics in 1846
Syro- maladese Catholics (originally founded by Thomas the Apostle) came back in the 16th century.
While most Armenian Christians are Orthodox, there are approximately 350,000 Armenians who returned around the 14th century.
www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/catholic_rites_an...
So in a way, the schism has been unraveling since it started. Now with the globalization of Orthodoxy, Muslims no longer block our communications. I think this is the key to dialogue.
Liam I really cant spend enough time here to correct incorrect info and assumptions. There just are too too many. And for the explanation you actually have to read the whole history. However I felt I had to point you in the right direction here. Those Eastern Churches that went with Rome did so for protection.The other Orthos were offered the same deal - ie protection from Rome if they went under the Pope and refused. They knew the consequences. Although the walls of Constantinople were formidable and protected them for many years, it could no longer. The Orthos knew what it would mean- the Ottomans. But they stuck to Orthodoxy. a quote was "better the swords of the Turks than the red shoes of the cardinals".

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#511406 Feb 2, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 min ChristIsTheAnswer 10,096
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 4 hr truth 45
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric 23 hr Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? Mon naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web