Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685826 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#508867 Jan 26, 2014
If there were no Catholic Church...

would WW1 and WW2 have occurred?
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#508868 Jan 26, 2014
If there were no Catholic Church...

would Communism ever had come to power in Russia?

Imagine if the Catholic Church were REALLY about morals, ethics, and justice, instead of power and money?
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#508869 Jan 26, 2014
What a different world it may have been...

if the Catholic Church had not been against democracy and human rights for so long?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508870 Jan 26, 2014
John Calvin was a wretched dictator whose religion went to his head. He was certain that he was a god's representative on earth ... pure and holy. Bloodshed was his motto.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.

(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508871 Jan 26, 2014
John, as did all the early Christians, was certain that those who offended god had to be put to death, as that would be God's will.

The people lived in terror of John Calvin.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.

John Calvin

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508872 Jan 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For those who believe that the soul travels from one human body to another as it reincarnates to learn it's ongoing "lessons" of obedience ... they would disagree with your "notion" that stems from your "emotion."
June

Peace

I think most religions have some elements, and even are based in reincarnation. I guess I must be behind the learning curve, so I might be last....

Peace

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#508873 Jan 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
Rational Thinking...
If the Roman Catholic claims were true, then the Middle East would be Catholic today and Islam would not even exist.
Rational Thinking...
If the Roman Catholic claims were true, then there would have been no popular uprising by the uneducated masses against corruption and abuse.
Rational Thinking...
2000 years of leading as the one-true and fewer than 10% of humanity even pretend to follow the course demanded.
A real "one true church" guided by a real God would surely have a better track record.
The claim that Jesus died for this kind of "perfection" is laughable.
Memo to boastful, self-absorbed Catholics - rationally speaking (try it), no benevolent God had anything whatsoever to do with the latest molestation scandal and cover-up. No true God would allow such buffoonery.
It plainly says so in the Catholic's own Bible.
Oops, and now the Vatican is at the UN trying to explain why the so-called representative of God lied to all of humanity when it signed, but then ignored a UN Treaty on Children.
Rationally speaking...
And they wouldn't even appear with testimony until the vatican was released of any responsibility and/or accountability of libel by the council toward prosecution..

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508874 Jan 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you had better leave Catholicism immediately and stop playing mental masturbation with your self in the idea that you will go to a heaven where Catholics reside in a hereafter.
June

I avoid crowds.

But honestly, I have had difficulties in accepting, and being accepted as a part of the RCC crowd....At the present it stands that way.

One is easily accepted if they share beliefs, its a bit hard when one is a stranger and pilgrim....
Michael

Canada

#508875 Jan 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am becoming more and more convinced that you are very young and a lot of what you post is hyperbole.
And I am starting to believe you are much older than what you claim and you are posting from a nurseing home.

I made my first holy coummumion in may 1957. Do the math old woman!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508876 Jan 26, 2014
Anyone could, and many did claim that the wills of gods were aligned to their own human wills.

We see such deception every day on this forum.

"Jesus agrees with ME" is the ongoing story. "I believe that homosexuality is perversion ... and Jesus agrees with me ... blah, blah, blah ..."
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#508877 Jan 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I think most religions have some elements, and even are based in reincarnation. I guess I must be behind the learning curve, so I might be last....
Again you veer off your own subject.

You claim you are a Catholic. Catholics believe in heaven and hell ... not reincarnation.

I suggest you are not even close to being faithful to Catholicism.
Michael

Canada

#508878 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't love Catholics or Protestants more than the souls in hell. So no, He doesn't love me more than Protestants.
The point of posting to them is not to get God to love them, silly.
So what is your point in posting and criticizing them?
Husker

Falls City, NE

#508879 Jan 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Real faith in Jesus is realizing that He protects His Church from error when teaching on faith and morals. Even the worst scoundrels in Church history couldn't damage the protected teachings of the Church. Nothing can bring it down.Thats what you said?? Your kidding right?
You really believe that Christ is protecting your Church " from error when teaching FAITH AND MORALS". I DONT THINK SOOOOOO.....will you please rephrase that..lol
So you are saying Christ and what He founded is not perfect? You are posting Christ is not perfect, right? Christ is God. go to church every now and then and find out.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508880 Jan 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The original church-fathers wrote the new testament.
They stated that the Jews were the enemies of Jesus, and on that note they slaughtered the Jews century after century.
If you don't believe as they believed ... then stop stating that you are a Catholic ... because you are NOT an original died in the wool Catholic.
You have made Catholicism over in your own image and are now willing to pretend that the original Catholics were lovable teddy bears as you perceive is YOUR supposed lovable nature.
I suggest you stop being ridiculous.
June

Then I suppose one should be called a modified Catholic, or reinvented Catholic. But why reinvent the wheel?

There were good guys, and bad guys in the Early Church. It would seem they had a hard time separating them out, as we do today. In just 20 centuries, I don't think we have changed much as human beings....

Perhaps one might take greater care with whom they call their friend. Agreed?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#508881 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wherever two or three are gathered...."
You can look at the evidence from this forum and know that this line is taken out of context..
In context about 5 verses before in Mathew it says:
"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector."

So, according to the Protestant the need to go to the church which could be their living room gathering with say a husband and a wife and poof! There he is. No more need for marriage counselors. Its all done! LTM doesnt look fat in that outfit. lol That part about reduncancy of going to the church or admonishing someone well that was just added by some Catholic later. Another invisible verse to the Protestant whose church is whatever they wish it to be.

Then after we read.
Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

So here we have Jesus giving Peter the keys Isaiah 22:22 He changes his name and says whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven. But well that is not convenient so toss that out. So all Jewish Rabbis had authority to bind and loose as a collective, but not to the exclusion of the Key Holder. Thus the Catholic Church is identical as the fulfillment of the Jewish Faith. Christ is the King and the Key holder and his ministers are his servant. What Power would anyone have to bind and loose if one group says I dont believe that or I am not going to do that. It was concerning doctrinal matters. Witnessing was always part of it.
Remember, in the original texts there were no numberings of Chapter and Verse. It was simply "The Gospel of Matthew"....one long book. The ideas naturally flowed. Given the immediate context of the original quote above, I think we can clearly see what Matthew's idea of "Church" is.

So, the obvious question presents itself: "If all it takes are two people gathered in Jesus's name to form a 'Church', then what's to stop some rogue who won't listen to the 'Church' from rebelling from that 'Church' and forming his own 'Church'?" It makes a farce of the idea of authority, and even of the idea of "Church" because if all it takes is some clique to say, "We're gathered in Jesus's name, therefore we have His authority," there is no real way that group can anathematize an individual as Jesus commanded in the quote above. Why not? Because that person can simply gather a few people together and start their own Church and hey if someone doesnt like it just hop to another house. A clearly unique one faith message. There is no need for preachers. Everyone is an authority. The bible told them so. In Marges church you have to smoke a bong to have a vision first though. ;0

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508882 Jan 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you maintain that you are Catholic, but don't ponder on the idea that you will go to heaven???
You are not at all credible in what you post.
June

I am neither a Catholic or a Protestant. Just trying to follow Jesus. That's enough for me to think about. It keeps my feet on the ground. Once in awhile I get glimpses of heaven, but I try not to let it go to my head....

My world view changes. I can't say when, and how, but it does....
Michael

Canada

#508883 Jan 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to memorize the catechism and Bible to be Catholic. Jesus didn't make it that complicated. You can see the visible pillar and foundation of truth and you go to Confession and receive the Eucharist. voila.
Real faith in Jesus is realizing that He protects His Church from error when teaching on faith and morals. Even the worst scoundrels in Church history couldn't damage the protected teachings of the Church. Nothing can bring it down.
Original Protestants agreed that the Catholic Church was the one started by the Lord, but it fell wayward. Modern Protestant/fundamental born againers disregard any notion that the CC could have been right at anytime in human history. Therefore, their whole theology is set against the teachings of the Catholic Church. Period!
Original Protestants lacked faith. Modern Protestants lack faith and brains. They force themselves to become incredibly ignorant.
..... 2000 long years of catholicism 68 million catholics in the most envied country In the world.

......Catholics criticize jahova witnesses for selling religion door to door. Catholicism does exactly the same thing going tent to tent in poor countries.

.....Organized religion is all about competition with each other.

........Just 500 years of protestantism and 155 Million protestants in america.

.......The vast majority of roman catholics in the world reside in very poor uneducated countries where they are promised fresh water wells and school for their kids if they give up their thousands of years traditions and join catholicism. Do they really have a choice?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#508884 Jan 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you veer off your own subject.
You claim you are a Catholic. Catholics believe in heaven and hell ... not reincarnation.
I suggest you are not even close to being faithful to Catholicism.
June

In a classical sense, you are right, I am not faithful to Roman Catholicism.

But if more RCs thought like me, then I would be a classic. I am old enough to be an antique already.(smiles)

Maybe you are starting to understand me ? That's a scary thought!
LTM

Longlac, Canada

#508885 Jan 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when I went to catholic church when MOST catholics use to go to mass. When we went up for communion we kneeled in front of the altar showing respect. Today no one kneels down, everyone just shuffles along in a line standing and slouching with your hand out. No respect.
Today less than 1 in 4 catholics in america goes to sunday mass as required. Less than 2%, that is right! 2% of catholics attend daily mass that is offered at many Catholic churches in most towns and cities in america.
If catholics claim their church is the most important thing in their lives, yet 98% of catholics won't even make the sacrifice or find the time to attend daily mass.
What a bunch of hipicrites!
No respect anymore!
Well I find they have no respect for God at all. If you look around a catholic church you will see big statues of the saints, and Mary. But Jesus is represented as a infant in Mary's arms died on the cross, as a rotten corpse on a stick.
to add insult to that they claim Jesus is in a wafer, which represents His body, and ferment wine represents His blood.
They made the savior of the world, as represented by earthy material made by human hands.
"EXCUSE ME FOR YELL MICHAEL ITS NOT AT YOU.
THESE SAME PEOPLE BELIEVE A MAN OF SIN AS WE ALL ARE CAN ORDER JESUS INTO A WAFER.
I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD MICHAEL BUT CAN YOU SEE HOW .OUTRAGEOUS THAT IS.
Michael

Canada

#508886 Jan 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
In context about 5 verses before in Mathew it says:
"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector."
So, according to the Protestant the need to go to the church which could be their living room gathering with say a husband and a wife and poof! There he is. No more need for marriage counselors. Its all done! LTM doesnt look fat in that outfit. lol That part about reduncancy of going to the church or admonishing someone well that was just added by some Catholic later. Another invisible verse to the Protestant whose church is whatever they wish it to be.
Then after we read.
Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.
So here we have Jesus giving Peter the keys Isaiah 22:22 He changes his name and says whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven. But well that is not convenient so toss that out. So all Jewish Rabbis had authority to bind and loose as a collective, but not to the exclusion of the Key Holder. Thus the Catholic Church is identical as the fulfillment of the Jewish Faith. Christ is the King and the Key holder and his ministers are his servant. What Power would anyone have to bind and loose if one group says I dont believe that or I am not going to do that. It was concerning doctrinal matters. Witnessing was always part of it.
Remember, in the original texts there were no numberings of Chapter and Verse. It was simply "The Gospel of Matthew"....one long book. The ideas naturally flowed. Given the immediate context of the original quote above, I think we can clearly see what Matthew's idea of "Church" is.
So, the obvious question presents itself: "If all it takes are two people gathered in Jesus's name to form a 'Church', then what's to stop some rogue who won't listen to the 'Church' from rebelling from that 'Church' and forming his own 'Church'?" It makes a farce of the idea of authority, and even of the idea of "Church" because if all it takes is some clique to say, "We're gathered in Jesus's name, therefore we have His authority," there is no real way that group can anathematize an individual as Jesus commanded in the quote above. Why not? Because that person can simply gather a few people together and start their own Church and hey if someone doesnt like it just hop to another house. A clearly unique one faith message. There is no need for preachers. Everyone is an authority. The bible told them so. In Marges church you have to smoke a bong to have a vision first though. ;0
Are you saying God loves you more than protestants? Are you claiming your are more entitled to gods love than protestants?

If you say no what is your point in criticizing them in every post you make?

I am sure God is not happy or impressed with your comments, about a large group of believers (protestants) that praises and worships the same God as you do.

If there is an all loving God he has you on probation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web