Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
490,861 - 490,880 of 532,413 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

It might seem worse to many people when pedophiles are protected in religious institutions, but I suggest it's human nature to protect what and who we believe needs to be protected.

I know of cases where family members openly discuss (for instance) how uncle Harry never kept his hands to his self ... or how father slept with the girls and mother knew it was occurring ... but these people don't go to the law and expose the perpetrators.

They simply accept that it was part of their family history.
michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any answers for selfish people, and I suggest that we all fit that category ... even you.
I can't help it. Everything always works out for me. If I bought a lottery ticket I would win. I just can't help it!....... Lucky me!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

The Classic Slum by Robert Roberts.

The damned houses were those where, neighbors know, incestuous relationships had borne fruit which walked the streets before their very eyes. Here stood a hazard that faced all poor parents of large adolescent families. Sleeping together, perhaps older relatives, in two small bedrooms. In their hearts they harbored a dread of what seemed to a respectable household ultimate disgrace. I don't recall a single prosecution: strict public silence saved miscreants from rigours of the law.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church was where the Bishop was (it still is)...not individuals deciding on a "do-it-yourself" in their living rooms.
What happened to "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. "
Or was Jesus lying?
Oh wait, that's right, we haft'a ask Mary's permission first, or the cathaholics will burn us at the stake.
Chuck

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The human conscience is programmed by indoctrination.
That is why Christians held their bibles tight to them as they killed other humans as heretics, all the while believing their behavior was based on holy service to a supposed "God."
Religion is BUNK ... and that includes your specialty.
So you`'re not indoctrinated where does your conscience come from.

Oh yeah you said concepts....whatever that means.
Chuck

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Federal prison authorities. in the USA say that 74% of inmates are catholic/protestants,. Less than 1 % are atheists.
Statistics claim that over 16% of of Americans are non religious. About 50 million and growing quickly.
Its obvious non religious people have higher moral standards than those claiming to be the moral authority.
Go figure!
You don't answer the tough questions do you?
michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
..."Your suffering isn't useful to me. Get back to me when you've been molested by a priest. Now that's a story."
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/simcha-fisher/ ...
You're a phony, with a following of phonies just like yourself. The most helpful thing all of you can do for abuse victims is to climb down off their shoulders and stop using them to further your agenda of bigotry. But, hey, that's what you do!
I know its cold out but can you drive over to Hoboken to the cake boss and get me a couple kinnolies?
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't. The Church of Christ is where the Spirit of the Lord is. The Spirit of the Lord is in His people. not in a building or in a religious sect.
A cowboy from Ohio walks into a bar one day and orders 3 beers. He sips some from each one in until they are gone. He comes to the bar to order another round. The bartender says, " You know the next time you want a few beers you should let me pour one fresh for you. If you want more I can pour it when you are ready.

They guy says, "No you don't understand. Years ago my 2 brothers and I in order to remember all of our good times together agreed that whenever we drank some beer we woiuld drink a round in place of the others. So that is 2 for them and one for me. A Noble sentimental tradition the bartender says as he nods in approval.

Now being a regular one day he comes in and orders 2 beers. Sips from each of them until they are gone and then comes to buy 2 more. The Bartender says, "Im sorry did you lose one of your brothers?" The cowboy replies, " Oh no he said in all seriousness. I became a Baptist and Baptists don't drink so I quit drinking.

My brothers aren't Baptist though.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't. The Church of Christ is where the Spirit of the Lord is. The Spirit of the Lord is in His people.
And you (of course) are tooting your horn as being "his people."

I suggest had that Jewish rabbi actually lived he would have been faithful to only Judaism, and that he would never have turned on the faithful Jews as his enemies. Not a chance. He would have encouraged them to be even BETTER Jews, and even more faithful to Judaism.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no self esteem?? No self worth? I sincerely feel sorry for you.You can't do anything without someone else's assistance or approval?
Not without God's assistance, no, of course not.

I wonder who it is who thinks you were being brilliant by suggesting otherwise? Obviously not a Christian. Very obviously!

;)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you`'re not indoctrinated where does your conscience come from.
Oh yeah you said concepts....whatever that means.
It's the same conscience I had when I was under the spell of religion.

I believed then that I should try to do my best within the framework of my selfish nature, and I still believe the same.

I refuse to believe that you will go to hell if you are not Muslim.

Isn't that nice of me to be on your side???

However, in order to be fair, I don't believe that Muslims will go to hell if they are not Christian.

But you don't like that second part of my belief ... RIGHT???

:)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it is Anthony;; the early church was gathered together in peoples homes.
This is only a few verses in the Bible.
Bible Verses About House Churches
Bible verses related to House Churches from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance- Sort By Book Order
Acts 2:46 - And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Acts 2:42 - And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Romans 16:5 - Likewise [greet] the church that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.
Romans 16:1-27 - I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:(Read More...)
Titus 1:1-16 - Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (Read More...)
1 Corinthians 16:19 - The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.
See Anthony the church is people , not a denomination. Just for fun ask a few of your catholic brother's and sister's in your parish if they have ever attendent a Home Church see what they say.
Ask them if they have ever gone to and Alpha Program. you would be surprised to learn that many have.
Where I live there is a catholic church on nearly every cornor or were, people from everyone of them have been to my Home Church or to my church to Alpha program's or Sunday Service to hear the gospel preached. Even priest's have come to our parish.
Once you hear the true gospel of Christ preached, you hunger for more because its the Good News Gospel.
We had bible study in my home growing up. Several families from our Church and sometimes our priest, would come over once a week in the evening and read and discuss scripture. It wasn't "church".

I suggest you learn how the early Church had "Church".

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help it. Everything always works out for me. If I bought a lottery ticket I would win. I just can't help it!....... Lucky me!!
Be nice to those you pass on the way up ... as they will be the same people you pass on the way down.

Author unknown
Husker

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Common sense tells me a fool did..lol
So, you still support the poster who gets off from posting about molesting. Mikey is deranged and needs help. I see you agree with him. I think both you and mikey need to be investigated.. I seriously think the police should. there is something wrong with someone who continuasly posts about people molesting.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God affiliate himself with the leaders of the roman catholic church when they have a 1700 year checkered history?. No God worth his salt would ever put his shingle up over the doorway of the roman catholic church knowing that for centuries low end people were disposable at the churches command.
Martin Luther saw the inner workings and didn't like them. Its obvious that millions of others during this time saw the same thing or they wouldn't have walked away.
155 million protestants in the greatest country in the world. USA! USA! USA!!!
Only 68 million roman catholics, and most by indoctrination, and most don't even follow their faith today as requried.
If you can't trust the leaders (as we now know) how can you trust their message?
oppsss...Common sense...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If your organization is in the business of preaching and claiming to be advocates of morality, your teachers of this belief should be held to a higher moral standard than the rest of us.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Life doesn't work that way.

Humans in religion try to overcome their human nature ... and that is not possible, as human nature is based on one or another type of carnal desires.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

car·nal

adjective

adjective: carnal

relating to physical, esp. sexual, needs and activities.

https://www.google.ca/#q=carnal+definition +

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You admitted that it is hypothesis.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
hy·poth·e·sis
noun
noun: hypothesis; plural noun: hypotheses
a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.
https://www.google.ca/#q=hypothesis+definitio...
You are crossing the line again you little deceiver. You chop a post and then make it appear that some statement or word applies to something totally different or unrelated.
Where do you even see the word "hypothesis" in this chop you picked apart?

>BT42wrote<
"Oh, BTW- That's not "my" perception. it is the findings of professionals who deal with individuals like you every day. You fit the bill quite well. I suggest you read it again(if you read it at all)---slowly."
It had nothing whatsoever about the very fitting paragraph of psychiatric findings I compared to your behavior, and you know it.
You are a manipulating blatant liar now as well.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

hojo wrote:
&#57357;
No Jesus without His Church
Jesus established a Church,(Matthew 16) so it must have existed since the time of Christ. is normally necessary to enter the Kingdom of God: "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God" (John 3:5). This passage was universally understood to refer to baptism from the very beginnings of the Church. Jesus also said, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mark 16:16). St. Peter agrees with his Lord, when he speaks of "Baptism, which ... now saves you" (1 Pet. 3:21).
As for the EUCHARIST, the greatest of all sacraments, because it is Christ himself--there is only one recorded instance in the Gospels of Jesus commanding his apostles to repeat anything--and it is this: "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in memory of me" (Lk. 22:19).
In general, as for traditions that must be followed, one, of course, must avoid mere traditions of men, as Jesus warned (Mark 7:8). But we must obey traditions of God. Sacred Tradition, Tradition with a capital "T". Obviously, the entire Gospel message was passed down through the oral teaching of the apostles before the books of the New Testament were ever written. But even then, there was a part of the Word of God that remained as oral tradition, as Saint Paul notes: "(H)old fast to the traditions (Greek: paradosis) that you were taught, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). This Sacred Tradition is kept alive and safeguarded by the Church. We need both Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition to possess the entire Word of God. "Scripture alone" is not mentioned in the Bible. But Sacred Tradition is, here and in many other places.
Jesus is the Way. But Jesus comes to us in a tripartite "way": first, Jesus exists as the God-man in heaven, in his resurrected, glorified, Incarnate body. Secondly, Christ comes to us, as discussed above, in his Eucharistic body. "(T)he bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh ... Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" (John 6: 51, 53). The flesh and blood of Christ that we consume in the Eucharist is, by Christ's own admission, the same flesh and blood of the incarnate Jesus who offered himself on the cross. The Apostolic Father St. Ignatius of Antioch concurs: "The heretics have gone out from us ... because they do not confess the Eucharist is the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ, the same flesh and blood that suffered for our sins, and that the Father, in his goodness, raised up again" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6, c. 107 AD).
If we do not accept Jesus in all three ways, we do not accept him at all, for this is the whole Christ..
Yes, it is vitally important to have an intimate relationship with God through Christ. But such a the Church. To be a Christian without belonging to this church is a contradiction in terms. One might as well spend their Sundays sitting in a movie theatre.
Edited for space
Show the Greek word and its definiton from which "church" was translated.....it proves you are a liar...it is found in your NABre and Strongs Greek Lexicon....
Three of many many verses that refer to "churches"...
Ac 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Ac 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.
Ac 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Since you say Christ built the one and only true Church...the Catholic Church...whom built these churches??????!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
One minute you admit that you don't have answers, and the next minute you want me to learn from you what you admit is only based on hypothesis.
I already know that I don't have answers to what remains mystery ... so what more do you want me to admit that I haven't already admitted.
You are lying again little deceiver. I gave you absolutely NOTHING as either a hypothesis or a theory to even base even your wildest misconception on and you STILL continue to try to twist the truth.
And furthermore, I never told you I wanted you to "learn" from me. I wouldn't even consider giving such a deceitful ingrate such as yourself the option.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>So, you still support the poster who gets off from posting about molesting. Mikey is deranged and needs help. I see you agree with him. I think both you and mikey need to be investigated.. I seriously think the police should. there is something wrong with someone who continuasly posts about people molesting.
Michael is posting about the molesting that is going on in YOUR church NOT in his neighborhood or in his house...You don't get it..He posts over and over again because he is for the victims of molestation ,not that he approves of molestation as you seem to do by twisting and pointing your crooked finger at others. You would do much better and be more creditable if you try and take your mind out of that gutter that you seem to love so well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••